Start by marking “Paper Artist: Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear, or Share” as Want to Read:
Paper Artist: Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear, or Share

Paper Artist: Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear, or Share

"Step-by-step instructions teach readers how to create decorations, presents, keepsakes, and accessories with paper"--Provided by publisher. ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by Capstone (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Paper Artist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Artist

Start your review of Paper Artist: Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear, or Share
Pam Funke
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley for the purpose of review. The review is my honest opinion and I was not paid for this service.

Paper Artist: Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear or Share is a wonderful craft book for young readers and adults. There are some really unique yet creative paper ideas included in the book. The book was well written and included illustrations of what the finished product should look like. Since this book is catered towards young readers, I th
Amy Adams
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Note: I read an electronic advanced reader's edition of this book, so some of the things I point out in this review may not pertain to the final print version.

This book had some interesting ideas, but I had several issues with it:
1. It's geared toward kids, but some of the techniques seem too advanced for the intended age range.
2. The only pictures are of the finished products.
3. The instructions are sometimes vague, and since there are no instructional pictures, you are left guessing as to what
Anita Gomgal
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Este libro de manualidades se basa en cosas hechas con papel tanto decorativas, como complementos de ropa y bisutería, cositas de regalo...

Está indicado, como dice el título, para niños de 9 a 13 años aunque más bien creo que es para disfrutarlas y hacerlas en familia... Y la verdad es que a mí lo de las edades nunca me ha parado a la hora de ver y usar un libro de este tipo.

Debo reconocer que está bien redactado, que los paso a paso están bien descritos y que tiene grandes fotos a color de las
Clare Cannon
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book has a mixture of beautiful paper crafts and some very odd creations. The often complex step by step instructions are all text with no pictures, which would make it very difficult for a child to follow on their own. Even adults could have a hard time deciphering many of these projects.

A brief description of the contents: paper rosettes on a skirt (?), and 'interesting' paper curls on a head band, a necklace made with baking cups, a beautiful paper decorated belt, an interesting beaded b
Mutmainna
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-received
*Read the full review at my Book Blog Here. *
Cooking and crafting are two of my my favorite hobbies and the cover of this book itself had tempted me so much that I found myself pressing 'Request' even before I could realize! It has made me fall in love with glue, paper and scissors again! While the book talks about some common paper arts, there are some really cool and innovative. Some of my favorites are photo ornaments, frames, lanterns, handmade papers etc. But one thing to mention as a con i
EeeJay
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Read as an Advanced Reader's Copy via Netgalley:

I'm not sure what new stuff this book brings to the table. The book's geared towards kids and the title says "Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear, or Share"... My question is HOW will kids know what to do if you don't show them? It'd be easier for the adults and kids to just watch a youtube video showing what to do instead of a really good picture of the finished project (which defeats the purpose of the book in my opinion)

The projects are nothing
V.E.
Paper Artist is a one stop instruction book for all things paper. There are 53 projects that range from jewelry, garlands, lanterns, a paper purse, and much much more! There are plenty of projects to keep everyone busy creating fun and personal items to keep or give away.

While I really like this book I feel that the target audience is more Teen to Adult rather than younger kids. The instructions are words only and not step by step pictorial instruction. This makes it a bit more difficult for you
Bj Gaskill
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was SO MUCH FUN!!!
I love using paper for scrapbooking and making cards, but now I have new earrings, a purse and I'm in the process of making my daughter Indi her name all done up in colorful paper.
Speaking of Indi, she's the one who helped me make my new PAPER purse. According to Miss Diva herself, "this book is easy".
I know it's says for ages 9-13, but I'm well over that and I still had fun folding and gluing....I got to put to use lots of my old magazines laying around.
You would thi
Samantha
Mar 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Wow is this book difficult! I don't know a single kid who is capable of recreating these projects.

Some of the ideas are appealing to kids while others are purely quirky décor focused which is right up an adult's alley. Some of the projects just made me scratch my head and wonder why you'd want to make a paper coverlet? Or even a paper scarf?

Materials required for each project aren't your run of the mill art supplies you already have on hand; be prepared for tons of specialty paper required and
Amy
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm always looking for great new craft books and the "Paper Artist" is amazing. Even though this was a childrens craft book, I can see myself making many of the projects. The setup of the book is great, it has pictures to show some of the step and the completed project. This makes creating the projects much easier with having something visual to see. Also each craft is only at the most 12 steps, which makes them seem not as complicated for kids to follow (and adults). The Paper Artist would make ...more
Tera
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, reviewed
On the positive side this book has wonderful ideas and good pictures of the end projects. The main problem is that this is a craft book geared toward kids but doesn't have the extra pictures or any clarifying information to make the steps as simple as possible. Likewise some/a lot of projects seem much more geared toward adults. With that in mind most projects require precise and careful precision to make things correctly that either children will need help with or have done for them.

Advanced Re
Kathleen
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, non-fiction, arc
This book includes directions for many great paper activities. I'm excited to use some of these crafts for my library's afternoon crafts for kids and teens 11+. There were also some weird duds- a paper blanket?- but overall the crafts were higher quality than the average kids' craft book. The complexity of the crafts and the instructions suggest that this book would be best for teens or for adults planning crafts for kids. I don't think that many young children would be able to complete this act ...more
Carol
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
"Fold it! Tear it! Share it! Wear it!" This book contains numerous ideas for everything from jewelery to hats and picture frames to wind-chimes. The crafts vary in difficulty from easy to quite complex so there is something for everyone though most will require some form of adult supervision. The The materials lists and directions are quite clear and the colorful photos are fabulous. If you are looking for unique and creative crafts to give as gifts then definitely check out this book. ...more
♥ Unaeve ♥
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids with parents help
Very good new ideas what you can do with paper,but they do require certain skills and aren't really for beginners or young kids.But with a little bit of my help,my 9 year daughter had a lot of fun :)
description
ARC received for review from publisher Capstone Young Readers.
Terryann
this is a great book with very cool projects. it sacrifices instruction for format on more than one occasion though. making sure that all the instructions fit one page with the accompanying photo was sometimes a mistake. i would have liked a bit more clarity. i do think it was cool though and will probably still buy it for my paper making friends who might not need as much instruction as me.
Louise Bendall
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute creations of varying skill levels will inspire kids & adults to use paper in new ways. There are wonderful photographs and the instructions seem clear enough, however many of the crafts are a bit more challenging and geared towards older kids, and some require quilling.

Note: Read ARC via NetGalley.
Lisa
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
A fun craft book for you and your child to work on together. The instructions are geared a little more towards grownups, or at least where grown up help may be needed. The ideas are creative and fun and perfect for filling time with great family activities during the long summer days.
Cas H.
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It gave me such wonderful ideas, and my 12 year old and 8 year old daughters love it too. Thank You NetGalley for letting me preview this book!
Amy
Feb 05, 2014
Brian
Mar 18, 2014
Kara Laughlin
Mar 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Miss Melissa
May 15, 2014
1 follower
Buffalo Grove author/illustrator Gail Green is published in both YA and adult non-fiction. She is the author/illustrator of ANIMALS AND TEENS: THE ULTIMATE TEEN GUIDE (Scarecrow Press, February 2009) and 2 “how-to” craft books. A passionate animal lover, she is also the creative mastermind for the “Sweet PETatoes” brand seen on products nationwide.

Green is a skilled presenter specializing in class