Start by marking “Sarah's Sacrifice” as Want to Read:
Sarah's Sacrifice

Sarah's Sacrifice

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
When ten-year-old Sarah Marshall decides to donate her beloved doll to an organization that refurbishes used toys to distribute to needy families at Christmas, she learns that joy comes as much from giving as it does in receiving.

SARAH'S SACRIFICE weaves the spirit of Santa Claus with the Christian nativity tradition. It's a story about caring and sharing, blessing and bel
Paperback, First Edition, 32 pages
Published December 2nd 2012 by Word*Art Solutions (first published November 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sarah's Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah's Sacrifice

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Sarah's Sacrifice
Robyn McIntyre
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-readers
This charming story illustrates how a growing child becomes more aware of the spirit of Christmas through her own generous act.

As small children, we tend to be territorial about our toys and our sentimental tie to them can persist even when we have moved on to other interests. In Sarah's Sacrifice, a little girl makes a big decision about one of her most beloved playmates and we grow along with her as she learns just what an impact such a decision can have.

Written in clear-to-understand langua
Tara Staley
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sarah's Sacrifice is a delightful short story that's perfect for the Christmas season. It clearly explains and shows love in action. Sarah learns how giving is just as fun as receiving, and how special 'sacrifice' is, tying it all back to the meaning of Christmas. I thought the mother's explanation of Santa Claus/gifting was especially clever, a very good way of helping a child understand that the number or cost of toys doesn't equate to how much that child is loved. Well done, I look forward to ...more
Mike M Jensen
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Christmas reads. I read a number of them this year and this was my favorite. Great book to share with children about the meaning of giving and the blessing of sacrifice and giving.
Martha
Barbara Ferguson
Feb 02, 2015
Carla
Nov 28, 2017
With a sword swallower as a father and a repentant chanteuse for a mother, it's no wonder Carolyn Burns Bass became a writer.

Carolyn has written nonfiction for magazines for more years than she cares to admit. She has published short fiction in several literary journals. Her short story "Sketches Past and Present" was a finalist for the Eric Hoffer prize for fiction and is featured in the 2013 Bes

News & Interviews