Start by marking “Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)

Moving Forward (Timing is Everything #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  1,993 Ratings  ·  254 Reviews
Jesika Reynolds’ heart was left broken one year ago when her husband died, leaving her and her son alone in this world. Slowly, she started putting the pieces back together of her life. Knowing that she may never open herself up to love again. That was until the day Derek came into the picture.

Why does this gorgeous stranger seem to care so much, so suddenly?

Derek Jordan's
Published March 21st 2013 by Erika Ashby

To ask other readers questions about Moving Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moving Forward

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This wasn't at all what I expected, and not in a good way.

The beginning of the book was ok. I wasn't loving Jesika or Derek, but they we ok. They are both single parents (Jesika because her husband died, and Derek because Emma's mom left right after she was born). The transition from heartbroken widow to "hot for the fireman" was abrupt, and left me feeling like I had missed something.

Then came the drama. But, for me, it wasn't good drama - it was like watching a soap opera. Secret love childr
Bookhooking (Tanya Childress)
Five Funny Fantastic Sensational Stars. I friggin loved this book. It was funny, sexy, romantic, realistic, emotional and absolutely wonderful.

Jesika is a young widow who is just trying to move on with her life, ie move forward.

Unless you lived it, you have no idea the pain that is involved in losing someone you love, let alone your spouse and the father of your child.

She is doing a pretty good job considering, I mean she has a son, Jaxon, but outside of that there is no one else until she comes

Love N. Books
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
SOLD!

So here is what I think… if you can write a dry humping scene (seriously, how do you make it hot without it sounding juvenile… P.S. Erika did) and a first sex scene that is so steamy that I had to do laundry and turn on the air conditioning…. you have a book that will be consumed by us readers.

Picked up and couldn’t put it down. Didn’t hurt that I was talking to Erika all day when I read it on both Twitter and Facebook (hey, what can I say… we stalk the same hot guys). NOT to mention her mu
Chrissy Sharp
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the author for an honest review.

4.5 AMAZEBALLS STARS

WOW! First and foremost let me tell you that when I start a book it generally takes me a few pages before I actually start feeling the emotion from the characters while I'm getting to know them. Not in this case. I felt the emotion from the first page. Moving Forward is a story about exactly that... Moving Forward. Learning to live again. Ms. Erika Taylor definitely took my emotions on one crazy ride from start to finish.
Kim Person
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I really did smack my forehead with this one! I had NO FREAKING CLUE that there was a rock band in the book and the "main" guy was Drummer/Firefighter ~ seriously how much more can one woman take, I was already...........................................................

I have to preface my review by saying that this will be a little out of the ordinary for me as I have a guest reviewer by my side tagging along so ladies without further adieu meet............................

yep, Tarzan! My little
Holly
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

I'm so excited Moving Forward is finally here I feel like I've had to wait for forever to meet the sexy schmexy drummer fireman Derek...he can put out my fire any day!

I LOVED every flipping page! First, I loved Jesika and Mallory; they were both witty and sarcastic
but they were there for each other no matter. When they needed each other the other was there ASAP and without question. Second Derek was holy shit hot and sexy! And him and Jesik
Wendy
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 laugh out loud and then BAM! heart pounding stars.

~Given an ARC copy by the author for an honest review~

Erika Taylor's debut novel is sure to be a hit!

Moving Forward has all the emotional investments I crave in a good story.

I was choked up right from the beginning, then I got pissed and wanted to punch a certain someone, which was quickly followed by angst and then a gut rolling humor. Of course the one emotion missing from all of this which I certainly can't do without in a romance is t
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing

*This review was done by Kim, who is part of our guest reviewing team*

Wow, for starters, this was a well defined story from several characters point of view. After the Prologue, I just fell apart. The Prologue was the beginning of total heartache, secrets and lies. The beginning of a story that makes any person question the life they are living and if they are living it to the fullest. Live your life now because you don't know what life will bring you tomorrow. 4.5 stars.

"Moving Forward" is a jo
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews at Jessica’s Book Review
Find Me on Facebook

Moving Forward by Erika Taylor is about a young widowed single mother, Jesika who meets love again with sexy firefighter/band member Derek. Seriously like Derek is PERFECT!

Moving Forward started off grabbing my full attention. The book is done in both Derek and Jesika’s POV but the Prologue is in Jake’s POV, Jesika’s deceased husband. Jake talks about the night he is killed in a car accident and how much he loves his wife but does not
Chris- Bookaddict
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Moving Forward is Author Erika Taylor’s Debut Novel , and let me tell you it is one heck of a FANTASTIC debit novel.

Right from the Prologue in Jake’s POV, I was pulled right in . Your left wondering what he is hiding and then BAM , he is gone just like that .

Jesika is a sweet, caring, loving, single mom who just lost her husband Jake in an accident . She goes through the motions everyday with a fake smile on her face working to keep herself together for her son .Her Best friend Mallory is there
J
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

~ Three years ago, I had thought I lost my whole world, but it all actuality I was saved. Saved from death and a life full of lies. Three years ago fate stepped in. ~

Single Dad, Fireman and Drummer Derek has watched Jesika from afar for a while, both their children attend the same school and are in the same class.

"Did someone call for a firefighter?"

Derek
description

Darek has always wondered what would of been if things were different.
Over the last year he has sat back and watched Jesika grieve for her h
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!

This story is about Jesika, she is a widow with a son called Jaxon, she is trying to Move Forward..get on with her life, try and actually get a life whilst putting her son first, he is her life and her world. She has not had a relationship since her husband died, just worked and looked after Jaxon. Whilst attending Jaxon’s school for a parent job’s day she bumps into Derek..she has seen him before in the playground as he has a daughter but she never really knew anything about him, apart
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 - 4 STARS

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't anything epic, but a good story about moving forward and not letting the past consume you.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward

I really enjoy all the characters in this book. Jesika is very likable and you will absolutely love her. Jesika loses the love of her life (so she thinks) and finds it extremely hard to move forward in her love life, until she meets HOT firefighter Derek (Oh he also plays the drums in a band). She is
Tami
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Into the Night Reviews
Web: http://intothenightbookreviews.blogsp...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/IntoTheNig...
for great book reviews, new release updates, giveaways and more!!
"A Fireman, a Drummer and a Super hero walk into a bar ....
... yeah, there's no punch line, that's just a fantasy of mine"

I adapted that from a picture that hit my Facebook news feed a little while ago. If you can relate, then Moving Forward is a book you may want to pick up.

Let me introduce Derek Jordan, fir
The Real Housewives of Romance Book Blog
Reviewed by Heather

Moving Forward is a story about well, moving forward. Jesika lost her husband and father of her child a year ago in a terrible car accident. She has the BEST friend a girl could ask for, Mallory. Mallory has been her rock. She is literally there for Jesika any time she needs her. Mallory is probably my favorite character from Moving Forward. She is loyal, fierce, and extremely funny.

Jesika is finally healing. She runs into Derek at her sons career day at school and for the fir
Christina Lyn
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From Facebook:

Moving Forward by Erika Taylor

Right after I get a copy of this book I was so eager to read this. After reading the first few chapters earlier today a lot of things really intrigued me. As the story progress there are some things that I consider.

First for me this book was way to much fast to read. As the story of Jesika and Derek unfold its starting to give me a whiplash. But as the story continues the real lessons begins.

Jesika is a wonderful and very strong person in this story.
Nacole Stayton
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Moving Forward. My rating is unbiased and as genuine was possible!
First and foremost, I love me some Derek. Ladies if you thought you knew swoon worthy you have another thing coming with this one! He is sexy, sweet and above all else a true southern gentlemen. What could be wrong with him you ask? Well a little thing call a secret that would potentially destroy the heroine Jesika or bring them closer together.
Jesika is a single mother dealing with the gh
Dee McGee
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jesika Reynolds decidedly perfect life is shattered when her husband dies in a tragic car accident. Exactly one year later, Jesika is still trying to pick up the pieces of her broken life for the sake of her son Jaxson. During a career day event at her son's school, Jesika meets Derick Jordan, a fellow parent. She's seen him before and was intrigued by what she saw. And not only Derick a hot DILF, he's also a fire-fighter and a rock drummer! Wow, Jesika. You scored big with this one.

Moving Forwa
Melanie Dawn
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I felt honored to be asked to beta read this book. I think my favorite part of Moving Forward is Jesika's wittiness and sarcasm. Even though she is faced with tragedy, she doesn't let it break her spirit. Just when Jesika thinks she may never find love again, she meets Derek, the hot fire fighting rock star! Erika has a wonderful ability to weave a touching story of love, loss, humor, and sex. Derek will melt your heart and leave you swooning! Don't miss this book! This story will leave you reel ...more
Amy Luce
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Im usually not one to give more than a rating on a book but this one has prompted me to do more.

This book surprised me. It was a heartfelt story very different that so many I've read. The characters drew me, made me cry and made my heart ache. Without giving anything away...I was surprised at the twists and was left wanting more to this story. It truly was a beautiful love story about moving on after a serious loss.

Amazing job Erika Ashby and I can't wait for Seth & Mallory's story!
Jennifer Besterman
Being a young widow myself, I was very anxious to read Moving Forward. Erika Taylor brought the message of the book to life. Life is short, life is full of ups and downs & nothing is perfect...it's ok to move forward in life, living & loving again.
I highly recommend adding this book to your TBR list.
Vee girl
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Good ole love story? A bit predictable but some very nice romantic moments and a wee bit of steamy love. Easy ready and enjoyable characters! The plot does does have some good twists but u kinda see them coming! Love, loss and second chances!
Barbara
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the most amazing books I have read this year. I was hooked from page one. I felt every emotion of every character. I can't wiat to read book 2. Way to go Erika.
Christine
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow, that was amazing. I just love Derek!!! I cannot wait for Mallory in book two; The ending with her POV just made my heat break.
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
--You have to take a step back to move forward---Moving Forward by Erika Ashby

What would you do if the life that you loved was one day taken away from you? Your one true love was ripped away too soon? What would you do if after trying to pick up the pieces and move forward with the life you have now you find out that the life you once had was full of lies and has you questioning everything about your past?

Kathy
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward."

I wasn't really sure I could get through this book after reading the synopsis, and when I read the prologue, I was moved to tears and once again doubted if I could get through Moving Forward. But as I kept reading and muddled through the emotions that were making their way to the surface, something happened and I did get through it. I not only got through it, I loved it!

Jesika has had a very hard go at life after losing her husban
Swoon Worthy
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
--You have to take a step back to move forward---Moving Forward by Erika Taylor

Jesika Reynolds is slowly starting to pick up the pieces of her life a year after her husb
Kim
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5 stars...

Right from the prologue in Jake's POV, this book grabs you. Wham! It rips your heart out and also makes you wonder what his big secret was...

And then we meet Jesika. She's smart, sweet, and a single mom as she has lost her husband Jake. She has a supportive, funny best friend Mallory and a young son that keeps her occupied. She runs into Derek at her son's school and there seems to be an instant connection. Derek is a hot, swoony, firefighter, Drummer with a young daughter of his own
BadDirtyBooks
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is one of pain, love, lust, desire and trust. The author keeps you guessing the entire time! I mean you can predict a few things but what actually happens is never what you would expect. I was frantically reading so fast that my damn eyes were getting dry from not blinking. Erika sucks you in and spins you around and around so much you have butterflies in your stomach! Then she slows the pace allows your feet to touch the ground, let's you marinate for a minute before WAM! Ha ha! You ...more
Nicole Tetrev
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Talk about grabbing you by the "balls" (I'm using
that term loosely as I don't have any balls) and twisting, seriously shit gets

real right in the prologue!

There is no gentle ease its just wham back thank you mam and
your looking for a tissue.

photo crying_zpsa5f8eaf7.gif

Right away you know that Jesikas friend Mallory is the best
friend we all wish we had.

Derek is that smokin "pun intended" fireman who
has admires Jesika from afar even when she was married. Okay so like if being a

fireman wasn't hot enough yea
So...what does multi-taster mean? 2 55 Apr 25, 2013 05:21AM
  • Let It Go
  • Strong Enough (Strong, #1)
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
  • Juilliard or Else
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • Destiny Ever-Changing
  • Broken
  • Faith (My Misery Muse, #2)
  • Shayla's Story (The Mathews Family, #2)
  • Haven from the Storm (Storms of Life, #1)
  • Running on Empty (Mending Hearts, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Lost in Distraction (Lost, #1)
  • Happenstance (A Second Chance, #1)
  • The Upside of Letting Go
  • Distractions
  • Rock Me Slowly (Buried Alive Rockers, #1)
  • Good Intentions (Welcome to Paradise, #2)
Being born an "Army Brat", Erika Ashby has been residing in Oklahoma the last 10 years finally putting an end to the nomad tendencies she had grown accustomed to. She's a happily married woman who has 5 kids between her and her husband. She has an insane passion for music and a sweet spot for drummers. It wasn't until the age of 29 that she realized she also had a hidden passion for reading; befo ...more
More about Erika Ashby

Timing is Everything (3 books)
  • No Going Back (Timing is Everything, #2)
  • Save Me from Me (Timing is Everything, #3)