Start by marking “Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)

Ethan

(Brightest Kind of Darkness #0.5)

Librarian's note: There is an Alternate Cover Edition for this edition of this book here.

Ethan Harris never thought monsters and darkness would consume his daily thoughts, but every night the same visions repeat in his dreams. He’s careful to project a semblance of normalcy, keeping the suffocating darkness locked inside. As much as he wishes he could focus on girls, sport
ebook
Published January 11th 2013 by Patrice Michelle

To ask other readers questions about Ethan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ethan

Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisUnEnchanted by Chanda HahnThe Fallen Star by Jessica SorensenThe Mind Readers by Lori BrightonSignificance by Shelly Crane
FREE Ebooks For Teens
580 books — 1,265 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
tattooed love boys
1,158 books — 3,356 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
Magen Corrie
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*I was sent this novella by the author in exchange for an honest review*

My Mini Review:

ETHAN was amazing! How can I put into words how much I just loved reading about Ethan? It's hard! It really is! This was a novella worth the wait. It placed me right into Ethan's world, giving me a glimpse into a character I just love. And boy, did I enjoy being in Ethan's head!

What I just loved most is that Ethan is a wonderful character, he really is. In LUCID you didn’t get to seem him a lot at all. Which
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ethan has a hard time keeping the voices and the dark images from plaguing his mind and thoughts. That is until he meets Nara. Nara brings with her the smell of sunshine and flowers and Ethan finds she is all he can think about. And soon Ethan starts noticing things about her others seem to miss. What is it about that girl and will he chance rejection to know her more? You betcha he will.

ETHAN is a really short read…a mere 50 some odd pages long on my nook. Readers get a special peek into Ethan’
Jacqueline
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it
There were many more questions than answers in this; I don't know what to make of Ethan, he's a difficult chap to understand, but then his protective instincts and his gift with dogs made me want to learn more.
Reading on with the next part...
Tracy's Place
3.5 out of 4
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 11, 2013

Rating: PG13 for language
Sex: none
Language: 3 F words, 9 Lord's name in vain, 15 S words
Violence: none
HEA or Cliffhanger: this is a between book
Do I need to read books before this one: yes
Would I read more of the series: yes

I want expecting to write a review on a prequel, but this book is too good. It adds depth to Ethan's history.

Comfort is fleeting; it means you depend on someone else to get you through. I've learned that pain, both emotional and physical, can be a necessary evil, a visceral
chucklesthescot
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I decided to read Ethan before I decided whether or not to read the longer first book in the series. In hindsight, it might have been the wrong decision because reading this prequel put me off reading anything else in the series.

There was nothing wrong with the actual writing. It was a solid piece of writing, nicely put together and an attempt to build the character for the reader. This is why I think I might have been better reading the prequel once I got to know the characters in the present-b
Gayatri
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ethan was plagued by nightmares where he sucked other people's pain. If that was not enough his parents were convinced he was crazy and he left the house to live with his brother Samson. Ethan thought he had no hope. He thought he only brought darkness and negativity wherever he went. But, when he met Nara, she was light when he was dark, she was hope when all his hope was lost. She was trust when he was unreliable and she was still, when he was restless. Nara was everything he needed. He tried ...more
Joey Berube
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This prequel is written in Ethan's point-of-view and takes place mostly prior to the first book of the series. I'm a fan of the series having already read the first two books and so can't judge if this book reads well as a stand-alone or not, because knowledge of what is going to happen infused my reading of the chapters. I already loved Ethan, but I really gained a deeper understanding of his character and the way his mind and gifts work through this book. I found myself smiling and crying at a ...more
Thalia
Jan 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to Thalia by: The "Free" Label
Read the review on my blog:
M. A. Hickman
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the whole "Brightest kind of darkness" series and Ethan was no different. It was a great waynto get a better understanding as to whomEthan is. I am just waiting on the next book to come out.
Lotta
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Got this for free on my kindle, and read it to see if I wanted to read the first book in the series -- I did! I liked Ethan's voice and found him to be an interesting character.
Ann L.
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Paranormal Adult Readers
Recommended to Ann by: Amazon
This a prequel to the "Brightest Kind of Darkness" series, but it's best read after you read the first book to the series. I recommend following that order because this particular novella talks about some things that go along with the first book. Ethan is narrating his story of what is going on with him before he meets Nara and what he thinks about her when he sees her for the first time, and what he sees in her that she doesn't even realize she has and does, and so that's enlightening because I ...more
⭐Barbara S⭐
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal

Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)

Speechless 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This prequel is written in Ethan's point-of-view, it is interesting and exciting but short

Ethan is not an ordinary boy he sees visions,
fights terrible dreams, helps those who need help

Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself, Marcus, even if the way you choose to do things is different from everyone else. It doesn’t make you any less. It just makes you unique. Never compromise your exceptionalness.”

I liked the scene with the littl
Briana
Pretty well done

I enjoyed this little snippet of Ethan’s story. One thing that I noticed is that when you read the book you have to think about the situations in the book in a new way. It’s not just a fantasy read, but rather there is an underlying thing or message with each event or vision, etc.

I tried to explain how my thinking pattern worked for this book without spoilers, but you just have to read the book to figure out what I’m talking about.

This novella should be read after brightest kind
Jackie
This was the beginning of a series and it was a very short introduction but let me tell you in these few pages Ethan Harris has the reader along with him every step of the way. This teenager is carrying more than his fair share of the worlds weight on his weary shoulders and yet he still has a draw to him that the darkness inside cannot overshadow.

There is one scene in particular that nearly broke me on his behalf and several that made me cry but for sure he will not be forgotten soon even thoug
Emily
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read "Brightest Kind of Darkness," saw that there was a prequel and that it was a free Kindle download, so I read this novella. I really liked 'Ethan,' the character, and I'm so glad I read this before reading the previously named book. It lays a good foundation for understanding what is going on.
Delaine
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was good. And I want more.
Who is Ethan and what are his demons?
What’s the darkness that talks to him?
Who is Nara and what is she hiding? How does she move the way she does?
What connection do they have to each other?
Will Ethan’s parents come around?
Will Samson figure out what’s going on with Ethan?
Who is Adder?

Very happy I stumbled across this one :)
Shawna
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started with this book so with that being said it didn’t really WOW me. I do have ant to know what happens and why certain things are happening. However, I’m not going to die if I don’t get around to reading it like I feel with some of my books!
Encly
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This insight to Ethan's life was pretty intriguing, but the story was so short, I didn't know if I should add it to my reading list since about 15% of the book was excerpts from latter books in the series.
Georgia
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great introduction to the series! Really enjoyed getting to know Ethan's background. I look forward to reading the series!
Barbara Beauchamp
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good but should of read first
I love there story can't wait to read more.
Dreams are scary sometimes but wow
Indie Wish List
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Series review featured on: https://indiewishlist.wixsite.com/blo... ...more
Martip
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really really short. Good. Short.
Kelli
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
What a great way to get to know Ethan! I’m increasingly intrigued by his nature. So mysterious!
Rita
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great to get the back story to Ethan
Georgina Lacayo
I'm reminded why I fell in love with Brightest Kind of Darkness. Can't wait to finish this series. I hope it doesn't flail like Lucid.
Vanessa
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Ethan!

Ethan is for sure one of my top 10 book boyfriends!!! How can you not love an incredible, selfless, giving, misunderstood guy?!?
Alondra
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. In this book we got to know Ethan a little more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Series link? 3 171 Dec 06, 2012 12:45PM

• Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Patch Up (Patch Up, #1)
  • Jason (Kings of Guardian #4)
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • Maliki (Guardian Defenders #2)
  • Hot SEAL, Savannah Nights
  • Hundred To One (Cedar Tree #2)
  • Reverence (Significance, #3.5)
  • What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1)
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree, #1)
  • Birthright (Legacy, #1)
  • STRANDED: Box Set: Books 1-6
  • Reactive (The Elite Trials #1)
  • Friends with the Monsters
  • The Pageant (Vampire Royals #1)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Adaptive (The Elite Trials #2)
New York Times, USA Today, and International Bestselling author of the IN THE SHADOWS and BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS series.

Sign up for P.T. Michelle's free NEWSLETTER to be instantly informed when the next IN THE SHADOWS or BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS book is released. Go here to sign up: http://eepurl.com/jriS9

Come chat with P.T and other fans on P.T.'s Facebook

Join P.T.'s Facebook Readers' Group

Brightest Kind of Darkness (5 books)
  • Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Destiny (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #3)
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • Awaken (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #5)