Start by marking “Caarina the Cooking Fairy” as Want to Read:
Caarina the Cooking Fairy

Caarina the Cooking Fairy

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Caarina is all set to create a delicious feast for the Fairy Queen. However, a pesky gremlin attempts to foil Caarina’s plan. Can Caarina “beat” him? Who will be “whipped,” gremlin or fairy? Young readers will enjoy this clever fantasy adventure, sprinkled with word play and more than a dash of fabulous fairy fun for all! (from the publisher's web site)
Published December 1st 2012 by KiteReaders

To ask other readers questions about Caarina the Cooking Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caarina the Cooking Fairy

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
I got this book as a gift from the author, and this review is solely based on my own opinion :)

Another wonderful book from Julia Dweck as she takes us into the world of faeries. Caarina is a sweet fairy who is chosen to cook a special feast because she is simply the best in cooking. As she gets to work in the kitchen making her special treats, a Gremlin shows up and plays tricks with her dishes. Caarina the Cooking Fairy is a touching story about a Fairy that doesn't give up when things go wrong
Wanda Hartzenberg
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Let us start with the illustrator - Gemini!
All the sparkle Edward lost in Twilight is now used by her to create magic!
The colours are magick and the detail is enchanting! I love these illustrations!
Now onto the author!
Julia Dweck makes children stories fun. Caarina is fairy who loves to bake but gets thwarted!
Now as a lover of cooking and baking myself I know that the more you bake the more "flops" you make!
As you turn more adventurous in the kitchen the more your likely to add to much salt! Now
Renee
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My kids (6 year-old and 9 year-old) read this book together as we are BIG, BIG, BIG Julia Dweck fans. She, once again did not disappointed. We gave this book a read and we all agreed: "Two Thumbs Up". Dweck delivers another visually stunning, rhyming masterpiece. This time, an adorable fairy, Caarina, takes on a naughty gremlin who tries to foil the little fairy's attempts in the kitchen. But he messed with the wrong fairy! Follow along as Caarina outsmarts the troublemaker.

* We received a free
Nickcole
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: asked-to-review
I received this book from the author =)

This book was such a fun read. My daughter really loved the idea of a naughty gremlin starting tons of trouble. We also really loved the artwork and i thought it gave the book a little magic.
Janette Fuller
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Caarina is the best cook in the fairy kingdom. She lives among the master chefs and learns all of their techniques.

One day, the Fairy Queen decides the fairies need a special feast. Caarina is given the honor of cooking for all the other fairies.

Unfortunately, a wicked gremlin decides to ruin everything that Caarina cooks. He dumps salt into the food cooking on the stove, he pricks her yeast bread and makes it fall and he pours hot pepper onto her honey cake!

Caarina does not know what is causing
Marilou George
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Caarina the Cooking Fairy is another wonderful, charming story by Julia Dweck who has again captured the imagination of children while also conveying an important message. The words come to life and the illustrations by Gemini leap off the page to bring this lovely story to life.

The Fairy Queen has selected Caarina to prepare a special feast for all the fairies. As Caarina is in the kitchen cooking all her efforts are being spoiled by a gremlin that is hiding out and sabotaging all her recipes.
Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie
Caarina is a cooking fairy, and one day the fairy queen announces that there will be a feast, which Caarina will prepare. But as she tries to make her delicious dishes, things start going awry, thanks to a gremlin playing tricks. Caarina has to figure out how to outwit the gremlin, or the feast will be ruined!

Caarina the Cooking Fairy is another example of the delightful stories I've come to expect from Julia Dweck. Caarina is such a clever character; I was really rooting for her. And the gremli
Paul
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of author Julia Dweck. Her wonderful books are so fun to read, no matter the age. I do not have young children anymore, but picture myself reading this book (along with all of Julia's books) to my daughter when she was young. I can think of no higher compliment than that! The rhyming is magical and entertaining. I particularly enjoyed the line, "of special things that she will knead" What a fun play on words.

And oh, the illustrations! The illustrations are always a treat in Julia
LeighAnn
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Fairy Queen chooses Caarina to cook a special feast. While Caarina is cooking, a wicked gremlin comes along and ruins every recipe she attempts to make. Will she give up or will she be able to get rid of this horrible creature?

My daughter loves fairies so, of course, she loved this book. I absolutely love Dweck's books! They always have a meaningful message in them written a fun and creative way that kids are bound to love. What I loved about Caarina (what a cute name) was that no matter how
Jennifer  Davis
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Caarina is chosen to prepare a special feast. The Queen and the other fairies agree she is the fairy for the job. As she prepares her special dishes, a gremlin is out to spoil it all. After Caarina figures out that all her treats are turning bad due to the gremlins tricks, she comes up with a plan to vanish him and get on with her duties.

My 5 year old son loved this book. He kept yelling for the gremlin to leave the the fairy alone and to leave the yummy food alone. Even though we both agree th
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is just simple adorable not to mention the illustrations are adorable!

Children's books that rhythm have always been a favorite of mine whether as a child or as an adult reading them to my children at night. There is just something so much fun and almost magical about them. They never cease to be a favorite with my girls and this one is no exception.

Julia has done an amazing job making this so much fun and one that will quickly become a favorite for anyone who reads it, child and adult
Gina Hott
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2-6, 4-8-girls
Hott Synopsis
Caarina is honored with the privilege of creating a very special meal… but will the gremlin in her kitchen spoil the batch she’s been fixin’?

Hott Review
What I liked: This is absolutely on of my favorites! I absolutely loved this book and don’t mind sharing it over and over to the kiddos!
These were the first of Gemini’s illustrations that I’ve seen — I must say, I’d buy just a book of her drawings!! WOW!

More…
Author: Julia Dweck, Gemini (Illustrator)
Source: Julia Dweck let me know tha
Unorthodox Mama
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think this might be my favourite picture book by Julia Dweck yet.
I mean it has fairies!

The illustrations are GORGEOUS!

Fairies, food and fun.. oh and of course the gremlin.
Who is also super cute.

A great book to read any time of the year and also a great read when you're about to take that step and let your tiny human "help" in the kitchen.
They just might decide to keep watch for gremlins and you can cook! :D

A great book, that you won't mind reading over and over and possibly over.
Summer Hedrick
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Given to us from Julia Dweck for a review.

This book is full of fun, fairies, baking and a nasty little gremlin. I enjoyed this one myself since I love to bake and my daughter likes to help also. Good thing we don't have any gremlins messing our baking up. Fun to read any time especially for the little baking helpers. All the illistrations in Julia's book are great and the rhyming is so much fun!
Tyrnesha
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Carina is a cooking fairy who is given the task of cooking a big feast for the other fairies. She is the best cook around, but she encounters some problems while cooking. Will the feast be destroyed? You have to read the book to find out.

This book is sooo cute! I really enjoyed it...who doesn't like a book that rhymes?! The illustrations are awesome. They are so vibrant and colorful. This book is great for any little girl (or big girl like myself).
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Cute little story!
Very magical indeed! Plus, I love that it's written in prose.
Little girls will love this book and the series. It has beautiful, and very girly illustrations of fairies, and Caarina is sweet too.
I think it very clever to rhyme though. The children will listen more and be kept interested because of it.
Rabid Readers Reviews
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I read this book together and were entertained and enchanted. The illustrations are adorably done and the spirit of the story shines through then. Caarina is a great little fairy who is not giving up even when everything seems to be going wrong she'll fix the problem and find the answers. A great story for young children.
Jinky
Jan 18, 2013 rated it liked it
(3.5)
Cute story about determination, persistence, and faith in one's abilities. Really lovely illustrations, very girl friendly.

Jinky is Reading
LeAnn
Feb 13, 2013
Kiralibris
rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2016
michael Rossney
rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2017
Barbara Ann
Apr 25, 2013
Cecilia rose Lovell
Nov 13, 2013
Julia writes children’s stories for digital and traditional publication. Her stories span the spectrum of humor, fantasy, and edutainment in rhyme and in prose. Julia’s background in elementary education affords her the opportunity to be in touch with what children want to read about and what makes them giggle. Julia collaborates with some of the leading artists in the world of children’s literatu ...more
More about Julia Dweck