Start by marking “It's In His Kiss” as Want to Read:
It's In His Kiss

It's In His Kiss

Cat Morrison has just been dumped by her fiance, and her best friend Michael is, as always, there to pick up the pieces. He and Cat have been BFFs since they were six years old.When Michael suggests that Cat stay with him in his apartment until she finds a place of her own, neither one of them is prepared for the sparks that fly between them.

Cat fears that if she falls for
Published December 3rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about It's In His Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's In His Kiss

Rachel
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5

I think this book needs to be rewritten. It's not that the content is so bad it's just the lack of organization makes the book hard to follow at some points. You feel like you are missing some things and then you look back and realize it's the book not you.
Examples:
Debra has knowledge of Michael then all of a sudden she's never heard of him?
Page 52 - "All you have to do is get their permission. Oh, I know. Do you and Michael!"
Page 56 - Debra plucked the open newspaper off the other chair in
Jen_C
Pro = some witty dialogue

Con = Hated the heroine. She was the most self-absorbed whiny female. She needed a good therapist.

Melanie
This was a cute and fun read, that had one of my favorite plots: friends to lovers:) While it didn't blow me away, it did leave me warm and fuzzy, and only two things kept me from giving it 5 stars: first, Cat started grating on my nerves a little toward the end, and I wish there had been a short epilogue, because I found the resolution/ending a little abrupt... But this is something I'll probably go back to on a day I'm feeling down:) 4*
Loverlypurple
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wine-and-roses
This was a very good and easy read. This is the second book I have read of Mallory Kane. I like here writing style and enjoy her characters. I enjoyed all the tension between Michael and Cat. I didn't want this book to end and I wish it had an epilogue or another chapter.
Jeanette Hornby
A fast-moving, interesting love story. I thought the ending was rather abrupt but enjoyed the sexual tension and love scene.
Marran
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
this was a cute little read, sweet but at the same time a bit meh...nothing I would recommend but it's not a waste of time either
Anne OK
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Light, fun romantic comedy where best friends take their relationship to the next level.
Ashley
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cat Morrison has been unlucky in love and blames it on her mother. Her best friend Michael has been in love with her forever, he even moved across the world to get over her. When she moves in with him after her last failed engagement she wants nothing but to keep the friendship platonic. Can she manage that or will things between them change forever? Can she let go of the hurt she feels towards her mother?

What an amazing book. I absolutely loved the characters. They were unique and fun. The plot
Nancy Goldberg
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, except that it ended too fast. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters yet.

I loved Michael and Cat and their friendship that grew into attraction was very believable for me. I liked the secondaries also especially Janice's new boyfriend, Hank.

There were some scenes that were laugh out loud funny like the one where Cat finds Michael's boxer shorts.

The scene when Janice and Cat reconcile and sort out their feelings from the past was very well-written (and had me
charlie ☾
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was good, as far as short stories go but I wish there was more about the characters. It was like being teased about getting to know them well, but was never pushed through.

One of the problem was Cat, or her character development. There was too much about her being self-centered and whiny that by the time she changed, it was already at the end of the novel. Her issue with her mother was given a lot of emphasis but the reconciliation felt short.
Jennifer G.
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short read, good story line, great characters, fun book. Only thing I didn't like is that is ended way to soon, it needed to tell more of there story, to each other, she should know every detail that was said about his feelings for her that she was blinded to!
And damn it, Deb never even for to hear what happen between them, when she predicted it in the first place! I think it needs another book, to finish it off! Something like "it ended with his kiss"
Great story!!!
Tracy Lundy-Munn
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great quick read by Mallory Kane. I'm a sucker for second chance romance especially when they were best friends first. I think that there should have been an epilogue at the end to give us a glance at their future....could have been a five star book then!! Storyline was great and the characters were awesome!! Would definitely recommend!!
Sally
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a quick, enjoyable story. Well-written for the most part, but there were many glaring and distracting mistakes ... the spelling of one character's name changed, the color of another character's eyes changes from blue to hazel and back again. And there was a whole section of action that occurred out of sequence. If you can get past those issues, it's worth an afternoon read.
Sara
Dec 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute short story. Would've been really great if more developed. Details of his time in Japan and if he dated. Details of her failed relationships and then the lead in to them coming together or not. In a sucker for couples who are childhood friends.
Sonia
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Besides the unnecessary descriptive sex scene, this was a fun cute read. I almost wish there had been a little more of Cat working out her issues, before the end, but was glad that her two best friends finally told her what she needed to hear.
Andrea Heltsley
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a really cute romance about love, life and the importance of friends. I really enjoyed the storyline and loved the way the ending unfolded. This is a must read for lovers of contemporary romances:)
Julianna
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Liked it but she drove me a little nuts.
Emily
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
This was a great contemporary, and it was funny, too. I always love a great banter between love interests.

I look forward to reading more from this author.
Dora Okeyo
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a story about friendship and love. It's a good read for anyone who is into contemporary reads.
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 6/20/13
Betty
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A short, fun read. I loved the characters and the sexual tension was great. The plot was fun. I will be looking fr more from this (new to me) author.
Najwa Issa
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short & sweet, a very fast read with a hea.
Mindy
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a good. It was an easy read. A cute love story between two best friends realizing there is more to their friendship.
JenRider
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
If it took them much longer to find out that they would be perfect for each other I would be a granny..
Melissa at My Chaotic Ramblings
Not my favorite

while I loved the plot, Cat and Michael both got on my nerves. I couldn't enjoy the story for all of Cat's whining and complaining.
Priyanka

• An Offer He Can't Refuse
  • Hate Me
  • Lucky in Love
  • Rosethorn
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • Undercover Heat
  • This Tangled Thing Called Love
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Messages (New Beginnings, #1)
  • Lost and Found
  • Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • Valentine Babies
  • Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  • The Little Red Book of Romance
  • Playing at Forever
  • Hungry For More
Bestselling romance author Mallory Kane has published over 40 romantic suspense titles between Harlequin Intrigue and Tule Publishing Group, and she has multiple independent projects spanning genres. Mallory loves romantic suspense with dangerous heroes and dauntless heroines, and she enjoys tossing in a bit of her medical knowledge for an extra dose of intrigue.

Mallory taught herself to read at
“You trample on hearts as if they're grapes and you're making wine.” 6 likes