Start by marking “Three Green Rats: An Eco Tale” as Want to Read:
Three Green Rats: An Eco Tale

Three Green Rats: An Eco Tale

An early chapter book, an allegory for ages 7 to 11, empowering children to live a simple life in balance with nature. 40+ illustrations. A perceptive and hilarious art book full of word-play.

To order and for more information: www.threegreenrats.com

"There's trouble in dirty ol' Tintown. Nature has vamoosed and mean Mrs. Misrington is getting richer by the minute. She loves
Paperback, First, 112 pages
Published November 15th 2012 by Ink Pinn Press (first published September 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Three Green Rats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Green Rats

Suzanne
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
well of course I love the book Im the illustrator and coauthor, Thank-you for all the nice comments and reviews. We wrote this book to encourage kids to make a difference in their own backyard and that by simply being diligent you too can make a difference!
Kim Johnson-hammond
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book for children 7 years of age and up, who are ready for expanded vocabulary. Great glossary for learning to use new words in context. I enjoyed this story.
Joanna
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tru dat rat. Ok, so if you don’t have kids or hang out with kids, you may not have any idea what I just said. But the three green rat brothers of Tintown’s Broken Bottle Lane encourage us to walk softly and reduce, reuse and recycle. This rat tale is both fun and educational and the perfect book to review on Earth Day (April 22, 2014).

This wonderfully illustrated and highly clever book takes place in Tintown where the protagonist, Uppity Ethel Misrington, the richest rat in town, wants to build
Andrea Mason
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This adorable tale reminds children to respect and nurture the planet they inhabit so it's here for as long as they are and beyond. The rats are charming characters who, though different than the other town residents, prove to be smarter and more resourceful than most. The story conveys a weighty message in a delightfully fun and entertaining way. I am currently reading it to my daughter's third grade class!
Kim
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
A cute children's book with an important message about our earth. I bought this for a gift, but will be keeping one for me and getting another. It's fairly well written, and I think kids will really enjoy the idea of rats living in their own cities just like we do!
Margaret
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Perfect for a read aloud and great link!
Linda Mason Hunter
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My first work of fiction. A fun tale to invent, and a delicious collaboration with co-author and illustrator Suzanne Summersgill.
Kim
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thought this book was wonderfu, for anyone that has children and is concerned about our mother earth this book is a must read, cute and educational all in one !
Summer
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Such a cute story for kids. A fun way to teach little ones about the importance of our environment.
Sheri
Shannon Baas
Sheila
Frank Martorana
  • The Angels' Share
  • Darkside (Children of Bhast #1)
  • Etched...Upon My Heart: What We Learn and Why We Never Forget
  • The Gift of Light
  • Coyote Winds
  • Immortal Light: Wide Awake
  • Stillpoint: A Novel of war, peace politics and Palestine
  • 1-800-Mischief (The Loki Adventures, #1)
  • All He Desires: Complete Series
  • HOOKED: A True Faerie Tale
  • Silver Dagger
  • Waiting for the Queen: A Novel of Early America
  • Company Orders
  • Unfaded
  • Dragon Empire
  • Dawning (Black Earth, #1)
  • The Boy Who Led Them
  • Jenala (The Swords of Gregara, #1)
Linda Mason Hunter is the author of 13 books about architecture, design, and home ecology. Her first book, The Healthy Home: An Attic-To-Basement Guide to Toxin-Free Living (published in 1989), was positively reviewed in The New York Times and established her reputation as a pioneer in the green movement. She was interviewed on ABC-TV's "Good Morning, America," CNN, MSNBC, Pacifica Radio, the CBC, ...more
“The old myth of unlimited growth alienates human beings from nature. To live sustainably we must respect nature and live by its rules. We must walk softly, leaving as small a footprint as possible.” 1 likes