Start by marking “Forevermore” as Want to Read:
Forevermore

Forevermore

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  1,300 Ratings  ·  253 Reviews
On a misty cliffside, mystery and romance await. . . .

Ivy Calhoun's life has been turned upside down. Her new stepdad has uprooted Ivy and her mom, bringing them to live in an actual castle in the misty Scottish countryside. There are stone-faced servants and shadowy corridors, and the ancient walls seem full of secrets. Ivy is at once frightened and intrigued.

Especially w
Published July 1st 2013 by Point (first published June 25th 2013)

Amber at Fall Into Books
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I went into Forevermore hoping for a cute and light read, and I was not disappointed. This novel is adorably sweet and touching. The characters are well-developed, the setting is amazing, and the world-building is top-notch. Miles is a wonderful writer, and the prose flowed nicely. The pacing is spot-on, and the plot kept me hooked until the very end. If you're looking for a light, happy, YA Paranormal Romance, then this book is for you.

Ivy is one of the most likable heroines I've ever read. Sh
Katherine
description
”Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead.”- Scottish Proverb

No matter how cheesy or corny this book is (and it's both, for those unfortunate souls who dislike one or both of these qualities), I can't help but love this book.There's just something about it that warms the cockles of my curmudgeonly heart and makes me smile. It's my go-to book if I'm in a reading slump or just want something to cheer me up.

Basically, it’s a little bit of this (Hot Scottish dudes from the 19th ce
Reem Alkhalaf
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
بعد زواج والدتها انتقلت للعيش في قلعة يمتلكها زوج والدتها الثري بسكوتلندا، مكان جديد، دولة جديدة، مدرسة جديدة ربما هذا ما كانت تحتاجه بعد التغير الذي حصل لها بعد وفاة والدها، خسارة العديد من الأصدقاء حتى هي لم تعد كما كانت.

فور وصولها للقلعة تكتشف أمور يعجز العقل عن تصديقها، روح شريرة تحوم في القصر تسعى للتخلص منها ومن والدتها، وشبح تلتقي به لا تعلم من هو وما هي قصته وللأسف هو أيضاً لا يتذكر ما حدث معه.

تحاول آيفي أن تساعد لوقن "الشبح" ليعلم أو حتى يتذكر ما حدث له، هل ستكتشف قصته وتساعده أم ستمنعه
jv poore
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ah, the quintessential love story. This is the Hershey’s chocolate bar. It is the song that makes you grin, pump up the volume and dance. It is, in a word, awesome.

Ripped from her home in sultry South Carolina to start a new life in an ancient Scottish castle, Ivy exhibits courage and strength as she grimly strives to accept her fate. This reader couldn’t help but fall in love with this spunky, violin-wielding character. She is pretty much everything I wanted to be as a teen-aged girl. Her admi
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
This isn't a new premise for me. I love ghosty books and I've read many where a main character moved to a new home and falls for a ghost. In fact, I've read a few that have also taken place in Scotland. Many of these books have a cheese factor to them, but this one actually takes on the plot very well and I found it very enjoyable!

Ivy's mom just remarried and her new stepfather is some kind of Scottish Lord, so they're whisked
Liviania
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honestly, it isn't that hard to get me to read a book. FOREVERMORE had me hooked from the back blurb and cover promising a Scottish castle and a ghost. Cindy Miles, an adult romance author making her YA debut, delivers everything one could hope from a Scottish castle-set ghost romance. It's good, cheesy fun.

Violin prodigy Ivy Calhoun moves with her mother to Glenmorrag, the home of her stepfather Niall. And Ivy isn't that opposed to Scotland (which, among other things, offers excellent music opp
Diksha
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: special, safe
I think 'Forevermore' needs more hype !
Fascinating book :D
Kisses A
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was so hard to rate this.3.5 stars There were some parts I loved and other times I felt as if I was eating a slice of pizza with extra cheese.
Spoiler?

So Ivy is 16. Her mom remarries after her dad's death and they move to their new home in Scotland. It's more desolate and cold and their home is an ancient castle. On arrival, Ivy is threatened by an unseen force. She also meets one of the famous ghost, Logan,who was murdered about 200 years ago. He wants her to leave due to some old evil lurkin
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Hot Scottish ghosts? I am intrigued.
Thanks Oda!
Shoshana
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Solid 3-star. Fun to read, decent mystery and nice, non-aggravating romance. Always enjoy a stand-alone, too, though the resolution here felt too fast/too easy.
Rebecca (BookBacon)
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I received Forevermore as an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Ivy and her mother step into a mysterious world when they move to Scotland to live with Ivy's new stepfather Niall. Immediately, Ivy senses that something is amiss, especially when her step-grandmother is less than pleased to meet her.

The setting of the book is unusual and really donates an air of mystery to the ghostly encounters that Ivy faces throughout the novel. Who doesn't love the idea of a gloomy castle, nestled at
Lisa
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Amazon lists the target audience for this book as in the 12 and up range. I can see some points where it would be more to the younger end of that range, and some where it would reach to the older end of that range.

Let's talk about that cover. It is kind of eerie, creepy like, isn't it? But The blue eyes on Ivy, they reach right into the heart of the reader, touching on your soul and grabbing ahold of you.

This book was immediately fascinating to me. A book about an American girl who is transplan
Genieinachanelbottle
1 Creepy Scottish Castle 1 Sassy American girl who loves 80's rock and 1 Drop dead sexy spirit = an Enchanting ghostly gorgeous read! I was hooked from page one full of fun characters dark mystery forbidden love suspense and sweet romance! Forevermore would make an awesome movie!!!

I absolutely love Ivy & Logan they have fiery chemistry that left me wanting more!!!

Ivy is fierce sassy and caring with a love for rock bands like Whitesnake! She not a damsel in distress who needs saving she fig
~Tina~
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After Ivy's mother found love again with Niall MacAlister, a Scottish Laird, they married and Niall brought them back to his home country in Scotland where they actually get to live in an an old creepy castle on the Glenmorrag estate.
Complete with gargoyles, servants and screaming peacocks, Ivy knows she's not in Charleston anymore and while she's scared, she's also very much intrigued. Specially when she meets Logan Munro, the castle's resident ghost.They may have had a shaky start, but soon en
Mollie 💙Ravenclaw Romance Reader💙
I received this as an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

First, this has nothing to do with the content: Can I just say that I love how the cover actually matches the book characters?? I AM SO TIRED OF YA COVERS SHOWING SOME RANDOM GIRL IN A RANDOM DRESS. That is definitely Ivy on the cover, so two thumbs up for someone finally getting this right!! Okay, moving on...

So, I might be totally biased: I have a thing for all things Scottish. Lairds, dreary ruins, sheep, you name it, I'
Maria
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this from the Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you to Goodreads and author for the chance to read this book.

Forevermore is a young adult book about a young sixteen year old girl, Ivy, who moves to Scotland with her mom and step-dad (who is a laird.) She gets to live in a castle that ends up being haunted. There is an evil spirit, but also a good spirit, Logan, who wonders the grounds. Logan is a ghost from 200 years ago whom Ivy befriends and falls in love with. Together they try to solve Logan's
Stacy Sabala
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Book Review- Forevermore by Cindy Miles

I have read this author before and loved her stories. This YA did not disappoint. It’s a fabulous ghost story where Ivy moves to Scotland from South Carolina. Her mother married a Scottish Laird, Niall MacAllister, after her father died of cancer. Ivy has withdrawn into her depressed world and wonders if she will fit in. She arrives to find that her new step father’s grandmother, Lady Elizabeth, doesn’t want her there. In fact she is downright hostile. Ther
Terri
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was ready to read this book after reading that it is about a ghost, love, and a scottish castle. I really adored the unique and interesting storyline of this book. It was an entertaining and enjoyable read. The author did a terrific job bringing this tale to life. The book flowed well and I was delighted by how the mystery and romance were blended together. I was trying to (along with Ivy) figure things out all the way to the very end. The foretelling was done well and it was fun getting those ...more
Catbookcrazy
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have been a big fan of Cindy Mile's books for quite a while now, and was really looking forward to this one. And I was not disappointed!
This is the authors first YA book, and I feel that she did a very nice job with it. At it's heart, it is a very sweet love story, that just so happens to have some ghostly mystery thrown in.
It was pretty fast paced, but with wonderful detail. I also feel that this book is a good introduction to Scottish romance, simply for the fact that while the author used
Asis GC
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
If you're looking for a fast-paced, short and cute paranormal romance, this might be just what you're looking for.

First I'll go into what I absolutely adored about this book, which for what I only need one word: Scotland.
If you know me at all, you know about my little super huge obsession with Scotland and this book is obviously set in there, and I freaking loved it so much because it captured perfectly everything about it. The atmosphere, the beautiful and magnificent places, the accent and the
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I ADORED this book. I have a soft spot for Scotland and Scottish guys so that immediately drew me in. I also firmly believe that there are not enough YA books about ghosts. I have read TWO really great series that were mainly about ghosts and that pales in comparison to the amount of Vampire and Werewolf YA books that exist.

This is Cindy Miles first YA books and I sincerely hope to see more from her in the near future. I can tell she is very passionate about her writing because her book drew me
Jess (the cozy reader)
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I have read a good paranormal/romance. And of course me being obsessed with pretty covers couldn't help but be instantly attracted to this book. Once I delved in there was more to the story than I had realized. Not only filled just ghosts and romance, but also mystery, magic, the beautiful backdrop of Scotland, and Ivy's journey to finding happiness. This book was definitely a great find and I am glad I have it in my reading collection.

It has been just Ivy and her mom s
Ineffable Book Blog
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the plot line of this story. I thought that it was unique, interesting, and entertaining. The author did a wonderful job bringing this story idea to life. The book flowed easily and I loved how the mystery and romance were mixed together. I was kept guessing to the very end. The foreshadowing was done excellently and I enjoyed getting these hints throughout the book. I really enjoyed the ending and I think many future readers will be happy with the conclusion of the book.

Ivy was
Jaclyn
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5!!
Wow! I was not expecting to love that so much but I did! It was mysterious, the romance was beautiful and the setting of the Highlands Scotland was stunning! The plot and setting of a castle in Scotland really gave the book a fairly tale aspect that I absolutely loved. I also really loved how they spoke like they actually do in Scotland for exactly saying "Aye" instead of yes.. It really helped bring out there accents and I could literally hear it in my head.
It was definitely a light fun p
Matilda
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

It was really fast paced and I finished it within hours only! I couldn't stop swooning over a certain paranormal lad, who made my heart swell in my chest.

The story starts off with Ivy Calhoun who moves to Scotland (my favourite country, so bonus points there!) because her mother got married to a Scottish Laird.

They move her mother's husband's castle (a freaking castle!) and settles down there. But Ivy soon realises that there's something wrong with the castle, and Niall's (her
Marcela
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This is a story of an American girl whose dad passed away and her mother remarried a prince from Scotland. She and her mother move to Scotland with her stepfather to start a new life by living in a castle. The castle was possessed if not just haunted, and everything pointed to the step grandmother because she was evil and cruel. Something mysterious was happening in the girl's room. A voice would tell her to leave because she was in danger. She was determined to find out what happened, but to he
Kaylin K-T
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Grade/interest level: MS
Reading level: 610L
Genre: Fiction
Main Characters: Ivy Calhoun, Logan Munroe
Setting: Scotland
POV: 3rd

Ivy Calhoun's life is turned around, when she move to Scotland with her mother and her step-father from Charleston, South Carolina. She is supposedly living in a haunted castle with ghosts and odd things happening, such as temperature changes. And worst of all her step-grandmother hates her.

Then, one day, Ivy sees a ghost. She instantly falls in love with him, but he doesn'
Julie Williams
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ivy Calhoun’s mother has just married a Scottish laird and now they are moving to his castle. When she arrives she finds the castle and the countryside to be spooky and the welcome from her stepfather’s grandmother’s reception is cold and even hostile. Then Ivy starts hearing voices telling her to go away, sees things floating, and she is even pushed and choked by an unseen force. Who or what wants her to leave? When Ivy meets Logan, a ghost who hangs around the castle she doesn’t know if he is ...more
Wynter
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
one day I was looking for good books to read in my schools library because sometimes in my old middle school they would give out free new books to kids & I ended up picking out this one. This book is by far the best book in my collection of books, I would literally choose this book over any other book. That was how good Forevermore was. It was just so interesting, it kept me reading it until my eyes literally started to shut. I highly recommend this book to any book lovers, I guarantee that ...more
Yasamin
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
2.5 stars, I guess?

This was okay. It had a lot of potential and could have been really great, but ended up kinda falling flat for me. The characters just didn't have any depth and everything was explained too easily. Kinda disappointed.

Also! There were TOTAL spoilers for Cindy Miles' other book, Highland Knight, which I'd been meaning to pick up. I'm not sure that I will now. This can definitely have been described as a companion novel to that one. At least a small warning would've been nice!
  • Rebel Spirits
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Puss in Boots (Timeless Fairy Tales, #6)
  • Touch
  • Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5)
  • Fiona
  • Haint Misbehavin'
  • Black Orchid
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • The Transient (Castle, #1)
  • Marry Your Billionaire
  • Sleepy Hollow (Sleepy Hollow #1)
Cindy Miles is the best-selling author of twelve novels, one anthology and three short stories. She also writes as Elle Jasper, and grew up on the salt marshes of the Vernon River in Savannah, Georgia.
More about Cindy Miles

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“The world will end but love and music will endure” 9 likes
“Mairidh mo ghaol gu siorraidh, Ivy Calhoun," he says, and I already know that means "I'll love you forever.” 6 likes