Start by marking “Guilty of Love” as Want to Read:
Guilty of Love

Guilty of Love

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  181 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Cheney Reynolds moves into a historic neighborhood where she meets an unforgettable cast of characters, including a wonderful man, but past guilt threatens to destroy her one chance at happiness as she searches for the strength to love and be loved.
Published September 1st 2007 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about Guilty of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guilty of Love

OOSA
Dec 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Broken Heart

Cheney is in love with Larry. Her whole world revolves around him; that is until he convinces her to do the unimaginable, abort their baby. Five years later, Cheney is still haunted by the nightmares of what she'd done. How could she allow a man to dictate her life for her? Cheney cut all ties with her family when the only thing they were trying to do was help. But what they didn't know was that Cheney was carrying around so much guilt and shame. Now after years have lapsed, Cheney h
Gwen Cannon-Jenkins
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
This turned out to be a okay read. It was really slow in the beginning but it finally picked up towards the end. It's about a female named Cheney and a guy named Parke. He wasn't really attracted to her, nor was she to him. She was trying to mend fences with her family and put her past demons behind her and Parke was looking for his Queen in the wrong types of women. It was a slow christian romance book but it was okay for learning about history.
Adrienna
I decided to read a book from this author for the first time and glad I did. I enjoyed the opening of the book which a number of women secretly have to decide what to do with their bodies once they become pregnant for unforeseen reasons. Cheney Reynolds thought she did the best thing by aborting the child during her college years for the man she loved but five years later she found out the real reason Larry asked for her to get the abortion which was more than his startling new career as an atto ...more
Kimberly
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not generally a romance reader, but I am glad I found this Christian romance series by Pat Simmons. As a pro-life mother of six, I was hooked from the very beginning--a look into Cheney's past. I had to know what happened next!

The characters were rich with personality and had real problems to solve. There were plenty of secrets and I kept turning pages to see when the characters would figure things out. Cheney's neighbor lady was especially interesting.

Contemporary issues are confronted by
Shavonna Futrell
Powerful story of love .

Cheney faced with a very difficult decision, chooses what she think is the right decision but soon realizes it was wrong, scared to face her family she decides to stay away from them. Finally she decides it is time to return home and make amends with her family who wants nothing to do with her. This was a very good book it made me laugh, cry and shout praise the lord. Grandma BB and Parke was very refreshing, looking toward to book two.
MidnightAce
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! It's amazing how decisions made in ones past can navigate ones future. My heart swelled for Chaney. Pat did an amazing job giving us history, spiritual, and comedy entertainment all wrapped in this story. I wondered how many of us had a grandma BB gowing up...I can raise my had on that. I also enjoyed the banter between Parke and Chaney.
Latanya
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The power of love! Loved this story & the characters. Hated it for one of the brothers because of his refusal to accept the loving & saving power of God through Jesus Christ. I have a new fav author...thanks Pat Simmons!!!
Lalabikida Poppy
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read With A Message

The characters really speak pain, compassion, forgiveness, and letting go. I enjoyed taking a ride through each personae journey, even seeing a little of myself in one or more characters.
Lynda Knapp
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read!

Cheney is a strong woman who has been through a lot, but finds out that God "restores" what we thought was gone. I thought this was well-written and the cast of characters were amazing. I loved Mrs. Beacon and "Parkay" as well as Cheney.
Krys W
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!!!

Great!!!

I really enjoyed this book. I know and have experiened personally that God can change your life. There were moments in the book that I could really relate too.
Deyanna
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Often felt like Simmons was forcing scripture into the story instead of it organically fitting in. Also, unusual way to get over issues that clearly should have had professional counseling in place.
Sharon Simmons
This book is awesome!

OMG,so happy that Parker and Cheney were smart enough to let God lead them! The realistic situations in this book make you believe that God can do anything but fail. This is a must read pageturner!
Texas Diva
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

God works wonders for believers and nonbelievers. A testomnial story. Cheney is too hard on herself. Parker is too much for himself. They are made for each other...and they swear they ain't. Lol. Good read.
IntelgntPanther
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story Line
Desiree Watson
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cheney moved into the neighborhood and met Parke, they eventually get together. Her most noticeable neighbor is Grandma BB, an older feisty woman who takes no mess!
Lakila Smith
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has put PT Simmons on my favorite list!! Loved it
Tracye Love
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

Great book, heart whelming, honest and straightforward thoughts related to giving your life to God. I would definitely recommend this.
Lisa Watson
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Pat Simmons always does a fantastic job of weaving her Geneology and real-life issues into her stories. This story was engaging and real. Grandma BB is a hoot!!
Ugochi Akwiwu
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Always a pleasure to read Pat's book. Yes, this is yet another good one. Highly recommended.
Joyce Scott
this is the best series I've read... I will read anything by Pat Simmons
Tasha Parker
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is the first of the Guilty series. This a must read series
Nicole L Jones
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I really enjoyed reading this book. I even laughed a few times. Good read. Can't wait to read the next book of the series.
Mommy
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • My Soul Cries Out
  • A Love So Strong
  • Through the Storm
  • What About Tomorrow? (What About, #3)
  • Redemption
  • Rhythms of Grace
  • A Good Man Is Hard to Find
  • A Woman's Worth
  • Sins of the Mother
  • Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2)
  • His Last Hope (His Last Hope #2)
  • Shattered Dreams (Behind Closed Doors #1)
  • Desperate Damsel
  • Saving Face (The Bancrofts Book 1)

Pat Simmons is celebrating ten years as a published author with more than thirty titles. She is a self-proclaimed genealogy sleuth who is passionate about researching her ancestors and then casting them in starring roles in her novels, in the hope of tracking down any distant relatives who might happen to pick up her books.
Pat describes the evidence of the gift of the Holy Ghost as an amazing, un
More about Pat Simmons...

“You young folks go on. I’m going to play bingo at that big Catholic Church around the corner. I heard they draw a big crowd; plus, that’s the only way I’ll step foot in a chapel is to get my blessing in fives, tens, and twenties.” 0 likes