Start by marking “Rapunzel Untangled” as Want to Read:
Rapunzel Untangled

Rapunzel Untangled

Rapunzel is not your average teenager.

For one thing, she has a serious illness that keeps her inside the mysterious Gothel Mansion. And for another, her hair is 15 feet long. Not to mention that she’s also the key to ultimately saving the world from certain destruction. But then she meets a boy named Fane, who changes all she has ever known, and she decides to risk everyt
Published February 12th 2013 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Rapunzel Untangled, please sign up.
Jessica Richards His name is Fab Fane Flannigan. Rapunzel just calls him by his middle name, Fane.

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
*heartfelt-sigh*

description

I love RAPUNZEL to the moon and back so you would understand how terrified I was about this book. I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to my expectations or that I wouldn't like her character here. As it turns out, all of my fears were all totally useless. I LOVE THIS STORY.

description

The plot is quite good. I love how this story melded the modern world with the fairy tale.

Rapunzel was a c
Maggie Feng
Feb 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
***Warning, will be filled with spoilers because I don't think there's anything that you won't already know****

Okay, so let's just say it. This story was completely predictable and trite and cliche, especially since you can totally tell where the author draws elements of the story from. The title says it all - Rapunzel, and Untangled (yes, the movie). I love the fairy tale, and I love the movie, and this book just makes it so... underrated. So bland.

Why is it bland? Let's see:
Michelle
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first experience with a modern day fairy tale retelling, and I have to say, if the others are even half as good as Rapunzel Untangled was I need to start reading them all up. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In fact, I loved it! I thought it was cute, clever, romantic, and so interesting, and Cindy Bennett even had a few twists up her sleeve. Rapunzel Untangled is a great book!

Rapunzel lives in a tower completely isolated and she has long flowing blonde hair. But you knew a
Cindy
*Claps Hands* That has to be my very favorite retailing. Loved ever minute of it, loved the way Mrs. Bennett works in the old fairy tale with a contemporary flare. I wasn't quite sure it would work or could be done with the Rapunzel story, but wow kudos to her for doing such a wonderful job. I didn't want to put this one down, kept wondering what was going to happen and how. I loved the characters too especially Fab or I should say Fane. He was so sweet, curious, caring, chivalrous, just an all ...more
Annabelle
****FINAL RATING: 4.30 STARS****

CATCHALL
I had absolutely no expectations going into this book. I hadn't really heard anything about it, and just decided to take a random chance on it because I wanted a light, fun read after some of the heavier stuff I'd been shouldering. I never, never expected to love it so much. Rapunzel is one of my favorite, if not my actual favorite, fairytale, so of course I was interested to see how it was retold in this book. The result was something I haven't seen b/>
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Thanks to Netgalley and Cedar Fort Inc. for giving me this book to review.

Rapunzel is locked in a tower by her mother, as she has an illness which could kill her if she goes outside. After she gets a computer and goes online to do school work, she joins Facebook, to find out what the world outside her tower is like, against her mother’s permission, and friends Fane. As her friendship with Fane develops, and she starts to explore the
Nasty Lady MJ
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Rapunzel Fans/Fans of Tangled
Recommended to Nasty Lady MJ by: Myself
Really 1.5 stars, but I'm giving it a boost because it's a Rapunzel retelling.

To see full review click here.

Oh boy.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I like the fact that it's good clean fun and that it's a Rapunzel retelling (who doesn't love a Rapunzel retelling) and that's about it...

Which is sort of sad.

It was my first Kindle purchase after all. And I wanted that purchase to be kick ass. But this wasn't.

Yet, I don't feel like ripp
LPJ
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm fairly torn about this review because I really, really liked 85% of this book. That gets 4 stars. The last 15%, however, gets 2.

This modern-day retelling of the Rapunzel fairy tale is mostly delightful. We meet the 17-year-old who has lived a life stuck in her rooms in a mansion, unable to go outside or interact with anyone but her mother because of an immune deficiency disorder. She goes to school online and is prohibited from using her computer for anything non-education related, but disc
Amber Stokes
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amber-s-kindle
With such a promising premise - a fairytale retelling where the hero and heroine meet via social media - I couldn't resist giving Rapunzel Untangled a try. And I found it be quite an enjoyable read, one that trapped me in Rapunzel's world through the majority of the early morning hours!

I love that Rapunzel and Fane meet early on in the story, and most of the plot centers around their interactions. Yup, I love a good romance! Fane is a great hero - thoughtful, funny, protective, gener
Snuggles  with Rainbows
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: kids, children, babies, newbies
A modern re-telling of Rapunzel? …come on I was stoked. Who doesn’t love a good up to date twist on fairy tales? Especially Rapunzel of all fairy tales out there? Chick with infinite golden hair, trapped in a tower, with her crazy, witch of a mother…So awesome. There was no way to keep me away from this.

Sorry to break it to you guys but my experience with this book was not that awesome. It was interesting at best. Yea…I was a bit disappointed with this book. Are you ready for the run
Ana
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book made me smile from the very beginning. We all know the story of Rapunzel and her golden hair, but this modern day version has characters that are vivid and likeable and twists that bring the story into this century. But, just because the story takes place in modern day, doesn’t mean it has to lack the fairy tale magic that we all love. This story has both.

Rapunzel is lonely. Living in a tower because of her immune disease, she lives a life of monotony and isolation. Her onl
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Earlier I wasn’t really a big fan of ‘Retellings’. Then I read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine and Jane by April Lindner and I changed my mind. When I came across this book on NetGalley I just had to request it. I mean who doesn’t like Rapunzel and who hasn’t seen Tangled? To my surprise, my request was granted and I quickly delved into the book.

Right from the foreword by the author and the prologue you know that this is going to be a darker version of the fairy tale.

A seventee
Jannat Bhat
A modern day retelling of Rapunzel, the author did a fantastic job of putting a twenty-first century spin onto this classic tale, all while keeping true to the fairytale magic that remains at the heart of the story.

The story begins with Rapunzel. A lonely girl who, due to a disease that affects her immune system, has spent her entire life locked away in her rooms. With only her distant, unloving mother for company, Rapunzel decides to be rebellious and find herself a friend in the ‘outside’ wor
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Rapunzel Unraveled is a contemporary retelling of the old fairy tale story about Rapunzel. Very cleverly done, this is a wonderful and entertaining story for YA readers.

Rapunzel has been told all her life that she has SCIDs, an immune deficiency problem which prevents her from leaving her suite of room. She eats, studies and sleeps in a tower far away from the world. The only person she sees is her mother Gothel.

Rapunzel is curious about what goes on outside of her room so without telling her
Faye, la Patata
Read this and my other reviews at The Social Potato.

An arc was provided to me via Netgalley. This did not influence my review in any way. Thanks, NG!

Actual rating: 3.5 / 5

First of all, I'd like to say (even though it's highly unnecessary... haha) that Rapunzel is one of my favorite fairy tales, ever. That's why Disney's adaptation of it entitled "Tangled" is very precious to me. So when I chanced upon this book on NG, I immediately grabbed the opportunity to read and review it. I r/>Actual
Jenny
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, young-adult
Popsugar 2018-Pick a favorite prompt from 2015.2016,or 2017. I chose 2016-A Book Based on a Fairy Tale.
This was a modern day retelling of Rapunzel: Girl kidnapped and kept in the tower for the "magical" properties of her hair. It was entertaining. However, I much preferred "Cress" by Marissa Meyer for a Rapunzel Retelling.
Abby
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book ended up being better than I expected. I picked it up on a whim because I love retellings and I'd never read a Rapunzel retelling. It's one of my favorite fairy tales, so I thought I'd give this modern twist a try. I really liked it. The characters were relatable and there was so much more depth to the plot than I was expecting.
Georgina Martin (Bookz and Bitz)
From: Bookz and Bitz

Books have fads, just look at the explosion of Fifty-shades-type-trash that have appeared on the shelves this christmas. In YA there was vampires, then werewolves and now fairytale retelling. Jackson Pearce did a fantastic job for older readers on Sisters Red and Sweetly, in a similar style we have Cinder, Ash and Beastly and for younger readers Just Ella and Palace of Mirrors steal the show. Its not just in the written world that Fairytales are taking charge - TV is fil
Misty Baker
Feb 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Have you ever read a book, been completely fascinated by it, but have absolutely no idea why? No? Well…phooey on you then. (Just kidding. Maybe.) That was exactly the case for me when I finally sat my stubborn booty down and read “Rapunzel Untangled.”

See…Rapunzel is a pretty big deal in my house (and by big I mean I hear “LET DOWN YOUR HAAAIIIRRRR” at least five time a day coming from my 4-year-old daughters room) So when I saw that Ms. Bennett was looking for reviewers for her Rapun
Spencer
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
2019 - 3 star

I've always enjoyed the story of Rapunzel, especially Disney's recent version, Tangled. This version definitely has it's moments, but I feel like it's a little bit watered down. And the language used between Fane and Rapunzel was a little bit awful. It's very hard to have kids instant messaging each other and have it sound normal.

Rapunzel is everything you want her to be, though. She is shy and naive, but curious and smart. She seeks out Fane on Facebook, which leads her on a s
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Cedar Fort, Inc and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Rapunzel lives alone in a tower. Her mother lives in the house attached to the tower, and visits her every day.

Rapuzel has an immune deficiency problem called SCIDs, which means that she is unable to leave her tower. But one day, Rapunzel sends a friend request to a boy (Fane) on facebook, which he accepts. The pair start talking, and when Rapunzel’s mot
Katie W
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this modern version!! Rapunzel is a girl who believes that if she comes in contact with anyone--or leaves her tower rooms, for that matter--she will die from her disease. Her mother, Gothel, believes that Rapunzel should be educated, but doesn't want to take the time to figure out technology, so...while doing an Internet search for a Biology assignment, she stumbles onto Facebook and a whole new world opens us to her--one that includes friends.

Fane is just great!! I love how brave and f
Happy (spread The Word)
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the best Rapunzel Story I have ever read. First of all Fane is adorable *sighs* and Rapunzel is so goodhearted, they are perfect for each other. I loved this story so much and it was so good! I loved how Fane and Rapunzel both came out stronger people in the end.
Becca
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
wow. this was SUPER BORING. how is it possible to make rapunzel this boring?
Courtney
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Tangled
Slight spoilers included in my review.

I would like to start this review with a caveat: I didn’t hate Rapunzel Untangled. I didn’t throw my Kindle across the room in a violent rage, fan the flames of my righteous anger or anything like that. By the end, I was mostly just glad to be free of this book. I have no extreme feelings for this book one way or another. Even now, it’s really just the book I read that one time about how Rapunzel used Facebook.

And that's what Rapunzel Untangled is; Rapunzel with
Kiana
Feb 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was never here nor there with the Rapunzel story. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always liked it, but it’s never been on the “love it and must read and watch as many versions as possible” level of Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Mermaid for me. But there’s something about this story that causes it to be fumbled much more than other fairytales. Cress is the only book that pulls it off with any degree of success, and Tangled is the only version of the story that I wholeheartedly love. But even though Rapunzel ...more
Lauren
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
The set up
Rapunzel has lived all her life inside her rooms, because of a rare illness that could kill her if she went outside. Her only human contact is with her mother who is fanatical about keeping her safe. But Rapunzel longs to see the outside world. When Rapunzel secretly "meets" a local boy named Fane on Facebook, she begins to question her mother's motives, and realizes that her sheltered life may not be as safe as she thought it was.

My thoughts
I really like the idea of a modern day retellin
 ☯Meera☯
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
No, this was not terrible.
No, this was not ^the best^.
But.

[image error]

It kept me on my toes, and the six part was very creepy.
description

All in all, I do love Rapunzel retelling. But the part about Fane visiting a girl at Gothel manor, who he JUST MET ON FACEBOOK felt a little off, if you know what I mean. Haven't you ever heard of "Don't talk to strangers" ?

So it was good. I did like it, hence the four star.
Elia
Dec 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
So bad I only made it a few chapters in. The entire setup makes no sense at all: Rapunzel's mom lets her have unsupervised internet access? Really? Nope.
Geraldine
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it

• Exposure (Twisted Lit #2)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 05
  • Curves & Courage (Future Alphas, #2)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 8 (Wild Ones, #8)
  • Snow Whyte and the Queen of Mayhem
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • Senshi (Katana, #2)
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • Vigilante Nights
  • Everlast (The Chronicles of Nerissette, #1)
  • Enchanted Ever After (Mystic Circle, #3)
  • The Shapeshifter's Secret (The Shapeshifter's Secret, #1)
  • Tide Ever Rising
  • The Witch Collector Part I
  • The Crimson Key (The Visitor's Series #2)
  • Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • Shayla Witherwood: A Half-Faerie Tale
Cindy C Bennett was born and raised in beautiful Salt Lake City, growing up in the shadows of the majestic Rocky Mountains. She lives with two daughters, and three dogs. She also has two sons and two daughters-in-law. She volunteers her time working with teen girls between the ages of 12-18, all of whom she finds to be beautiful, fascinating creatures. When she’s not writing, reading or answering ...more
“why would i date him i like someone else"... "I'm the only someone else you know” 8 likes