Start by marking “Rapunzel Untangled” as Want to Read:
Rapunzel Untangled

Rapunzel Untangled

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  2,067 Ratings  ·  416 Reviews
Rapunzel is not your average teenager.

For one thing, she has a serious illness that keeps her inside the mysterious Gothel Mansion. And for another, her hair is 15 feet long. Not to mention that she’s also the key to ultimately saving the world from certain destruction. But then she meets a boy named Fane, who changes all she has ever known, and she decides to risk everyt
Published February 12th 2013 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Rapunzel Untangled, please sign up.
Jessica Richards His name is Fab Fane Flannigan. Rapunzel just calls him by his middle name, Fane.

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
*heartfelt-sigh*

description

I love RAPUNZEL to the moon and back so you would understand how terrified I was about this book. I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to my expectations or that I wouldn't like her character here. As it turns out, all of my fears were all totally useless. I LOVE THIS STORY.

description

The plot is quite good. I love how this story melded the modern world with the fairy tale.

Rapunzel was a clueless girl at first, but I was so proud of her when she added Fane in facebook! that was epic!

GIR
Maggie
Feb 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
***Warning, will be filled with spoilers because I don't think there's anything that you won't already know****

Okay, so let's just say it. This story was completely predictable and trite and cliche, especially since you can totally tell where the author draws elements of the story from. The title says it all - Rapunzel, and Untangled (yes, the movie). I love the fairy tale, and I love the movie, and this book just makes it so... underrated. So bland.

Why is it bland? Let's see:
1) The main love i
Michelle
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first experience with a modern day fairy tale retelling, and I have to say, if the others are even half as good as Rapunzel Untangled was I need to start reading them all up. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In fact, I loved it! I thought it was cute, clever, romantic, and so interesting, and Cindy Bennett even had a few twists up her sleeve. Rapunzel Untangled is a great book!

Rapunzel lives in a tower completely isolated and she has long flowing blonde hair. But you knew all that, rig
Cindy
*Claps Hands* That has to be my very favorite retailing. Loved ever minute of it, loved the way Mrs. Bennett works in the old fairy tale with a contemporary flare. I wasn't quite sure it would work or could be done with the Rapunzel story, but wow kudos to her for doing such a wonderful job. I didn't want to put this one down, kept wondering what was going to happen and how. I loved the characters too especially Fab or I should say Fane. He was so sweet, curious, caring, chivalrous, just an all ...more
Annabelle Marie Veronica
****FINAL RATING: 4.30 STARS****

CATCHALL
I had absolutely no expectations going into this book. I hadn't really heard anything about it, and just decided to take a random chance on it because I wanted a light, fun read after some of the heavier stuff I'd been shouldering. I never, never expected to love it so much. Rapunzel is one of my favorite, if not my actual favorite, fairytale, so of course I was interested to see how it was retold in this book. The result was something I haven't seen bef
Dulce María
Me divirtió mucho la forma en que la autora adapto este cuento a la actualidad (las menciones a Facebook, Skype y otras cosas fueron super divertidas).
Sin duda alguna Fane es super lindo, comprensivo y perfecto, pero siento que el final quedo muy abierto no se terminaron de solucionar todos los problemas de la pobre Rapunzel (¿qué va a ser de ella ahora?) me abría gustado un epilogo, fuera de eso me encanto.

Resultado de imagen para gifs rapunzel
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Thanks to Netgalley and Cedar Fort Inc. for giving me this book to review.

Rapunzel is locked in a tower by her mother, as she has an illness which could kill her if she goes outside. After she gets a computer and goes online to do school work, she joins Facebook, to find out what the world outside her tower is like, against her mother’s permission, and friends Fane. As her friendship with Fane develops, and she star
Nasty Lady MJ
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Rapunzel Fans/Fans of Tangled
Recommended to Nasty Lady MJ by: Myself
Really 1.5 stars, but I'm giving it a boost because it's a Rapunzel retelling.

To see full review click here.

Oh boy.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I like the fact that it's good clean fun and that it's a Rapunzel retelling (who doesn't love a Rapunzel retelling) and that's about it...

Which is sort of sad.

It was my first Kindle purchase after all. And I wanted that purchase to be kick ass. But this wasn't.

Yet, I don't feel like ripping this one into little bitty shreds because while it had
Tarsis
May 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-stars
Con toda sinceridad, es completamente aburrido. Sin chispa, sin emoción. No sé, esperaba una mejor adaptación, pero es tan infantil que da flojera seguir leyendo. Y entre ellos NO HAY CHISPA. En todo el libro no la hay.
LPJ
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm fairly torn about this review because I really, really liked 85% of this book. That gets 4 stars. The last 15%, however, gets 2.

This modern-day retelling of the Rapunzel fairy tale is mostly delightful. We meet the 17-year-old who has lived a life stuck in her rooms in a mansion, unable to go outside or interact with anyone but her mother because of an immune deficiency disorder. She goes to school online and is prohibited from using her computer for anything non-education related, but disc
Amber Stokes
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amber-s-kindle
With such a promising premise - a fairytale retelling where the hero and heroine meet via social media - I couldn't resist giving Rapunzel Untangled a try. And I found it be quite an enjoyable read, one that trapped me in Rapunzel's world through the majority of the early morning hours!

I love that Rapunzel and Fane meet early on in the story, and most of the plot centers around their interactions. Yup, I love a good romance! Fane is a great hero - thoughtful, funny, protective, generous, and alw
Snuggles  with Rainbows
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: kids, children, babies, newbies
A modern re-telling of Rapunzel? …come on I was stoked. Who doesn’t love a good up to date twist on fairy tales? Especially Rapunzel of all fairy tales out there? Chick with infinite golden hair, trapped in a tower, with her crazy, witch of a mother…So awesome. There was no way to keep me away from this.

Sorry to break it to you guys but my experience with this book was not that awesome. It was interesting at best. Yea…I was a bit disappointed with this book. Are you ready for the rundown? Well,
Sandra
Nunca pensé que llegaría este día, pero Rapunzel Untangled no me ha gustado nada. Tenía muchas expectativas porque me encanta cómo escribe Cindy C. Bennett. Pero este libro tiene algo que... no. Lo leí ayer, porque me sentía realmente mal, sin poder mirar hacia abajo y ya te digo, mucho menos estudiar. Así que me tendí en la cama con mi Ebook y comencé a leer Rapunzel. Sin embargo, me tuve que obligar a seguir leyendo, porque aunque fuese corto no me apetecía tener que terminarlo hoy.

El princip
Ana
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book made me smile from the very beginning. We all know the story of Rapunzel and her golden hair, but this modern day version has characters that are vivid and likeable and twists that bring the story into this century. But, just because the story takes place in modern day, doesn’t mean it has to lack the fairy tale magic that we all love. This story has both.

Rapunzel is lonely. Living in a tower because of her immune disease, she lives a life of monotony and isolation. Her only human cont
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Earlier I wasn’t really a big fan of ‘Retellings’. Then I read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine and Jane by April Lindner and I changed my mind. When I came across this book on NetGalley I just had to request it. I mean who doesn’t like Rapunzel and who hasn’t seen Tangled? To my surprise, my request was granted and I quickly delved into the book.

Right from the foreword by the author and the prologue you know that this is going to be a darker version of the fairy tale.

A seventeen year old R
Jannat Bhat
A modern day retelling of Rapunzel, the author did a fantastic job of putting a twenty-first century spin onto this classic tale, all while keeping true to the fairytale magic that remains at the heart of the story.

The story begins with Rapunzel. A lonely girl who, due to a disease that affects her immune system, has spent her entire life locked away in her rooms. With only her distant, unloving mother for company, Rapunzel decides to be rebellious and find herself a friend in the ‘outside’ wor
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Rapunzel Unraveled is a contemporary retelling of the old fairy tale story about Rapunzel. Very cleverly done, this is a wonderful and entertaining story for YA readers.

Rapunzel has been told all her life that she has SCIDs, an immune deficiency problem which prevents her from leaving her suite of room. She eats, studies and sleeps in a tower far away from the world. The only person she sees is her mother Gothel.

Rapunzel is curious about what goes on outside of her room so without telling her
Faye, la Patata
Read this and my other reviews at The Social Potato.

An arc was provided to me via Netgalley. This did not influence my review in any way. Thanks, NG!

Actual rating: 3.5 / 5

First of all, I'd like to say (even though it's highly unnecessary... haha) that Rapunzel is one of my favorite fairy tales, ever. That's why Disney's adaptation of it entitled "Tangled" is very precious to me. So when I chanced upon this book on NG, I immediately grabbed the opportunity to read and review it. I read that it wa
Georgina Martin (Bookz and Bitz)
From: Bookz and Bitz

Books have fads, just look at the explosion of Fifty-shades-type-trash that have appeared on the shelves this christmas. In YA there was vampires, then werewolves and now fairytale retelling. Jackson Pearce did a fantastic job for older readers on Sisters Red and Sweetly, in a similar style we have Cinder, Ash and Beastly and for younger readers Just Ella and Palace of Mirrors steal the show. Its not just in the written world that Fairytales are taking charge - TV is filled w
Misty Baker
Feb 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Have you ever read a book, been completely fascinated by it, but have absolutely no idea why? No? Well…phooey on you then. (Just kidding. Maybe.) That was exactly the case for me when I finally sat my stubborn booty down and read “Rapunzel Untangled.”

See…Rapunzel is a pretty big deal in my house (and by big I mean I hear “LET DOWN YOUR HAAAIIIRRRR” at least five time a day coming from my 4-year-old daughters room) So when I saw that Ms. Bennett was looking for reviewers for her Rapunzel themed n
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Cedar Fort, Inc and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Rapunzel lives alone in a tower. Her mother lives in the house attached to the tower, and visits her every day.

Rapuzel has an immune deficiency problem called SCIDs, which means that she is unable to leave her tower. But one day, Rapunzel sends a friend request to a boy (Fane) on facebook, which he accepts. The pair start talking, and when Rapunzel’s mother go
Mandy  Sanchez
"¡Rapunzel, deja caer tu cabello!"

#2015ReadingChallenge: #9. A book by a female author.

Estaba usando la netbook de mi hermano y, como no tenía ningún libro allí, entré a un blog al azar y descargué el primer libro que me llamara la atención, y resultó ser éste. Es ligero, fácil de leer. A veces me aburría porque hay bastaante relleno y páginas sobrantes, y a veces me interesaba mucho por lo que le pasaba a los personajes. Todo el asunto del seis fue muy dinámico y divertido.

Con respecto a los p
Katie W
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this modern version!! Rapunzel is a girl who believes that if she comes in contact with anyone--or leaves her tower rooms, for that matter--she will die from her disease. Her mother, Gothel, believes that Rapunzel should be educated, but doesn't want to take the time to figure out technology, so...while doing an Internet search for a Biology assignment, she stumbles onto Facebook and a whole new world opens us to her--one that includes friends.

Fane is just great!! I love how brave and f
Happy (spread The Word)
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the best Rapunzel Story I have ever read. First of all Fane is adorable *sighs* and Rapunzel is so goodhearted, they are perfect for each other. I loved this story so much and it was so good! I loved how Fane and Rapunzel both came out stronger people in the end.
Naiu Herondale
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
me encanto!!! esta muy bien adaptada :D
Becca
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
wow. this was SUPER BORING. how is it possible to make rapunzel this boring?
Courtney
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Tangled
Slight spoilers included in my review.

I would like to start this review with a caveat: I didn’t hate Rapunzel Untangled. I didn’t throw my Kindle across the room in a violent rage, fan the flames of my righteous anger or anything like that. By the end, I was mostly just glad to be free of this book. I have no extreme feelings for this book one way or another. Even now, it’s really just the book I read that one time about how Rapunzel used Facebook.

And that's what Rapunzel Untangled is; Rapunzel
Kiana Cook
Feb 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was never here nor there with the Rapunzel story. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always liked it, but it’s never been on the “love it and must read and watch as many versions as possible” level of Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Mermaid for me. But there’s something about this story that causes it to be fumbled much more than other fairytales. Cress is the only book that pulls it off with any degree of success, and Tangled is the only version of the story that I wholeheartedly ...more
Lauren
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
The set up
Rapunzel has lived all her life inside her rooms, because of a rare illness that could kill her if she went outside. Her only human contact is with her mother who is fanatical about keeping her safe. But Rapunzel longs to see the outside world. When Rapunzel secretly "meets" a local boy named Fane on Facebook, she begins to question her mother's motives, and realizes that her sheltered life may not be as safe as she thought it was.

My thoughts
I really like the idea of a modern day rete
 ☯Meera☯
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
No, this was not terrible.
No, this was not ^the best^.
But.

[image error]

It kept me on my toes, and the six part was very creepy.
description

All in all, I do love Rapunzel retelling. But the part about Fane visiting a girl at Gothel manor, who he JUST MET ON FACEBOOK felt a little off, if you know what I mean. Haven't you ever heard of "Don't talk to strangers" ?

So it was good. I did like it, hence the four star.
  • Snow Whyte and the Queen of Mayhem
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 05
  • Fractured Soul
  • Exposure (Twisted Lit #2)
  • Emma: A Latter-Day Tale
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • Curves & Courage (Future Alphas, #2)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • Do Over (Alpine, #4)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 9 (Wild Ones, #9)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Faerie Tale Collection, #2)
  • Fairy Godmothers, Inc.
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3)
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
  • The Witch Collector Part I
  • Tide Ever Rising
  • Everlast (The Chronicles of Nerissette, #1)
Cindy C Bennett was born and raised in beautiful Salt Lake City, growing up in the shadows of the majestic Rocky Mountains. She lives with two daughters, and three dogs. She also has two sons and two daughters-in-law. She volunteers her time working with teen girls between the ages of 12-18, all of whom she finds to be beautiful, fascinating creatures. When she’s not writing, reading or answering ...more
More about Cindy C. Bennett

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“why would i date him i like someone else"... "I'm the only someone else you know” 8 likes