Start by marking “Küß mich, Engel” as Want to Read:
Küß mich, Engel

Küß mich, Engel

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  35,732 Ratings  ·  2,305 Reviews
Daisy Devreaux, die verwöhnte, lebenslustige Tochter aus reichem Haus, hat genau zwei Möglichkeiten. Entweder sie wandert ins Gefängnis – oder sie entscheidet sich für die vom Vater gestiftete Ehe. Ihr Gatte, der attraktive, aber humorlose Alex Markov, hat jedoch nicht die geringste Lust, sich auf die Champagner-Allüren seiner Frau einzulassen, und verschleppt sie aus der ...more
Published (first published February 1st 1996)

Lisa
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

description

Kiss an Angel was my first Susan Elizabeth Phillips book and it may be my last. I am usually pretty easy to please when it comes to what I choose to read. I don’t often dislike books that I read. Further, I really hate it when a book rubs me the wrong way. Alas, that is what happened with this book. I did not connect with either the hero or the heroine and I came away from reading the story not liking either character very much. I realize that I am in the minority when it comes to my opinion reg
5,000 CIRCUS STARS!!!!!!

You HAVE to read this book!!! Please. I’m begging you, fellow readers.

image

This is not your typical story. This is not your typical book. This is a story that you have never read….trust me. It is anything BUT typical.

Love the idea of a black and white photo of vintage circus tents

The story begins with an arranged marriage. No, it’s not set in the medieval times. It’s a modern arranged marriage. Say what?! I know. It seems off-putting at first. But we quickly get to know Alex and Daisy, and the reason for the arranged marriage takes an app
valee
Oct 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you know that feeling when you have just finished a book you adored but you just can't figure out how to express that on your review? Well that's exactly what happened to me but I'll do my best to try to explain it to you all.

This was my favorite book from this author, I even liked it more than the Chicago stars series and I already had adored that series, I gave 5 stars to most of the books in it. But it was so different this time. I couldn't put the book down, that's how FREAKING amazing it
Anna's Ramblings ツ
4.5 STARS

More than 31,000 ratings and almost 1,900 reviews. What can I possibly say more? Except that I LOVED IT!!!

QUICK REVIEW:

Humor: 4/5
Depth of the book: 5/5
POV: multiple, 3rd person
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Books with similar theme: Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2) by L.H. Cosway, The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1) by
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
I can't believe I'm about to read this because I LOATHE everything about the circus and I usually avoid any books involving them.

I had a bad childhood experience at the circus and ever since then they've creeped me the fuck out.

description

But I trust SEP, so I'm going against my gut here...
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
OMG...I cant even...This love story just blew me away.....
description
"I don't love you anymore,Alex."
"It's alright sweetheart.I love you enough for the both of us."

description

KISS AN ANGEL is a beautiful love story that revolves around two broken & loney souls,both vulnerable and lost in their own ways...

Honestly speaking,this book surprised me in more ways than one.I mean with its chic-lite cover,and the book's subtle summary.I had no clue,how emotional this book would really turn out to be.

The characters
Karen
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS
[image error]  photo poziruy-fine-art-02.jpg

Seriously.. I’m speechless.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!!
It’s official! I am hopelessly in love with Susan Elizabeth Phillips! What a wonderful and endearing story this was. I was glued to the pages from start to finish with a stupid silly grin on my face the whole time. In fact, I can’t help smiling now as I’m writing this review. Just thinking back over the story, makes me want to pick the book up and start in all over again.

The characters were absolutely fantastic. The d
Karla

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 1/2 Fun time Stars!! I didn't just love this book; I'm in love with it!!

Admittedly when I started to read this I thought this was not going to work for me. Boy was I ever wrong!!! Even with the over-the-top unrealistic circumstances that surrounded the characters, this book STOLE MY HEART!! Daisy, oh my goodness, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve, she did everything… everything out of love!! She was one of the sweetest, kindest, most determined
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 beautiful, brilliant stars!

“Don't dare a person who has nothing else left to lose.”

It's official! I'm hooked! I'm the newest SEPPIE Fan Girl!

I loved this story! Alex and Daisy are all kinds of amazing. I laughed, I sobbed, I sighed, I fanned myself...

My only problem with the story is that it ended.

Thank you to my lovely friends whose ravings made read this author. What do I read next???
Inés Izal
Doy gracias a Dios por habernos dado a SEP y que esta nos haya regalado este libro.
description
No sé las veces que lo habré releído, pero siempre me emociona y conquista en las mismas partes.

“-Esta noche no, Daisy. Te necesito.”

Es un libro maravilloso, con una historia de amor que a las románticas como yo las hace sufrir hasta el final. Alex y Daisy te enganchan a sus páginas, y hacen que te enamores del circo en el que viven, junto con todos los animales que hay allí dentro.

Daisy es toda inocencia, dulzura
Mo
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fucking loved it. Loved it. Alex is a jerk, a fucking major jerk. But ... yes, his childhood was shitty. Let's give him some space.

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. I love you.

Tater. I love you too.

Sheba. You are a bit of cunt.

“But I don't love you, Daisy, and you can't begin to know how sorry I am about that because if I could chose anyone in this world to love, it'd be you.”

My expectations are so high for the new SEP book due out in August. I sure hope it lives up to my expectations.

AleJandra
5 Tu, yo y el circo STARS
description

Según mi perfil de Goodreas tengo 431 libros pendientes por leer. Y cada día la lista aumenta más y más. Lo bueno de esto es que nunca me quedo sin material de lectura, al terminar de leer un libro ya tengo en frente otro. Lo negativo es, que en entre tantos libros algunos títulos quedan en el fondo, o simplemente olvidados. Como es el caso de este libro.

A primera vista la portada y título del libro me parecieron aburridos, así que lo empecé a leer solamente para sabe
Amy (Foxy)
KISS AN ANGEL published 18 years ago

Daisy has finally pushed her dad to his breaking point. Spending all her deceased mother’s money and racking up debt has lead her father to give her one last chance. This last chance involves marrying a stranger and staying “happily” married to him for 6 months which after her time is up she can divorce him and collect a trust fund. Sounds easy enough?!?!

Alex is a strict Russian who has agreed to marry Daisy because of a debt he owes her father. To break Daisy
Patry Fernandez
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top2014
RELECTURA: 01/02/2017

No importa las veces que lea este libro (ya perdí la cuenta) pero siempre consigue enamorarme y hacerme disfrutar de esta preciosa historia. Es mi libro comodín, cuando entro en crisis lectora siempre es SEP la que me ayuda a salir de ello. Y Besar a un ángel es una adorabilidad de libro jeje
¡LEEDLO SI NO LO HABÉIS HECHO AÚN!
♥Sharon♥
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a lazy day for me. I didn’t do much other than read and lounge outside in the sun. So I am going to continue with my laziness and provide you with a short and sweet review.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips rocks! Now that I have read and loved enough of her books I have put her on the dreaded author pedestal. I know I shouldn’t but I have and thankfully I absolutely adored Kiss an Angel from start to finish.

I won’t go on and on about the characters or the plot simply because there are a few
Ingela
Written September 14, 2013

5 Glimmering Huge Stars - Amazing, wonderful, sentimental, romantic... just the best kind of romance - simply a story that must be read - and now belongs to my top shelf

I'm in love! In love... In this wonderful story. Therefore, this is an exuberant, completely one-sided tribute review and must be read with an ounce of sanity. Because I never want to stop and will say again and again in different ways how much I love this book. Please be patient!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ana
When I first read Kiss an Angel I was highly disappointed. I don't know why it bugged me so much. Honestly, I just didn't like the hero or the heroine in this book. The hero is no hero. He is abusive, explosive, and a complete douchebag. He treated the heroine horribly. Daisy starts out an awesome heroine and turns into a doormat.

SEP books I recommend: Natural Born Charmer, This Heart Of Mine, Honey Moon, Lady Be Good, Ain't She Sweet and Call Me Irresistible.
Beatriz
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una novela previsible de principio a fin y bastante inverosímil para estar situada en la época actual, pero está tan bien escrita, tan cargada de ternura y tiene tantos matices, que se le pueden perdonar todos sus deslices.

Daisy es una persona buena en esencia, capaz de ver el lado amable de cualquier situación y por eso mismo, la única capaz de desarmar el carácter y mal genio de Alex. Se desarrolla muy bien la evolución de la pareja principal, sin que por ello ninguno de los dos pierda su ide
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

It's not long, about few months, since I've luckily discovered SEP's books and after having enjoyed, more or less, all the other eight I've read so far, I can safely say that with Kiss an Angel I've found my first and only big disappointment. I am aware this is a rather widely beloved classic of the genre and of her backlist, and I can even see why to a certain extent, but I guess I'll have to take my turn at "unpopular opinion time" in this case. There are copious great reviews already covering
Teresa González
5 Estrellas
Como amé este libro, disfruté tanto leerlo desde la primera página ya me tenia enganchada hasta no soltarlo los personajes son tan increíbles y adorables, nunca había leído un libro donde estuvieran en un circo y la temática me encantó adoré a los animales.
MBR
5++++ Stars Contemporary Romance

This is the third time I have read this book, and I would have to say that the story of Alex and Daisy never gets old. Its a beautiful love story with a strong cast of characters, each playing a vital role to make this story a worthwhile read.

Alex Markov was rescued by Daisy’s father Max when he was twelve years old from the constant physical abuse he was facing under his uncle Sergey. Max had bought Alex from his uncle and seen to his education. Alex had shaped
 Kate
+++1 star for writing and second for scenes with tiger. Thats all.+++

I still cant fully decide how im feeling about this book. First i want to say that when i started i was thinking that it wasnt what i was expecting because of that cover, i thought that it really needed a change because it was quite good, BUT than i found out that this book definitely doesnt need different cover, its really what you can see in that picture - stupid naive little girl who let people walking over her.
She was mani
Yolanda
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adoro este libro.
Me encanta la SEP y lo sabéis, disfruté muchísimo la primera vez que leí este libro y esta 2ª vez lo he disfrutado todavía más.
Adoro a Daisy y a Alex más que la primera vez (si es que se puede).
Para mi, fue, ha sido y será uno de esos viajes inolvidables que haré una y mil veces. Una historia de esas que considero un regalo, una delicia que se queda conmigo.
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Brilliant, Beautiful, Amazing Stars!

Okay I bloody loved this book! It was just amazing and I know that I will deffo be re-reading this one day because that's how good it was..Anddd into my favourites it goes ;)

Do you want a funny yet moving, gripping, awesome read? Yeah? GO READ THIS BOOK NOW! :D

I loved how different this book was to the normal cliche books I seem to keep picking up.this book evoked emotion, laughter, joy, sadness and much more.I was taken on a journey and I got lost in the
Lady Heather

I finished this book late last night because:

a) I couldn't put it down, and
b) I had to see if Alex would finally redeem himself after being such a selfish shit!

... needless to say that all is well in the land of HEA's, and I was finally able to sleep after a rather gut-wretching, nerve-wracking, nail-biting reading experience...*yay*.. just the type of book I needed to read!

I don't think the author could have written a more despicable, cold, and hateful character. Alex Markov was so wrapped up
Caro
Me encantó, no hay más qué decir.
Hermosos personajes, historia encantadora, el héroe es un hdp, ella va mejorando muchísimo con el transcurso del libro, hasta los personajes secundarios terminan cayéndote bien.
La Narradora
Fantástico!! ❤❤❤ Esta autora me ha conquistado plenamente con esta historia. Una trama romántica ambientada en el circo convierte esta novela en algo muy especial y original. Dos protagonistas que se hacen querer desde el primer momento, que sufren una evolución increíble que te deja todo el rato con ganas de leer más y más. Una Daisy dulce y buena que lucha contra sus miedos y acaba convirtiéndose en la guardiana de unos animales que ven la bondad incluso más que las personas. Me ha encantado c ...more
Chantal ❤️
After rereading this book I lowered my rating on this book to a 2.5 as I still love the Tigers and the emotional scenes but I totally forgot how badly the hero treated and humiliated and raped the heroine. For some reason I had a black out on this until I reread it last month. It was not a comfortable read and it was not safe.
Many triggers and no groveling made me mad.
It was still a very well written book just not a great story.

-------------original review------------------
Omg this was one am
Pam Jaramillo
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 estrellitras + un pedacito mi corazón
Ame mucho este libro y por alguna razón que todavía desconozco, termine con lágrimas en los ojos.

Antes de comenzar quiero contarles un poco mi historia con este libro... porque si, tengo una historia con el. Supe de la existencia de el desde hace muchísimo tiempo, lo descargue en Pdf y me olvide completamente de él. Hace unos días me encontré con esta frase en Facebook.

Y me lo leí en menos de 4 días durante las madrugadas (Considerando que tenía que lev
Didi
EDIT: 27/05/14

2 STARS

This is a difficult review to write because there wasn't anything necessarily wrong with this book, it just didn't wow me like other CR. The circus background was different and nice for a change, the story of finding love in the least likely of places and discovering your life was always meant for bigger things was sweet too.

I liked Alex, and not just because he was an asshole. Let me clarify: I don't like assholes by default. The typical jerk-type assholes who are dicks j