Start by marking “The School for Cool (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts, #2)” as Want to Read:
The School for Cool (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts, #2)

The School for Cool (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts #2)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Objective: Be Selected to Present at Academy Day

Process: Scientific Method

Step 1: Formulate a Question

What would it take to get Tiffany to notice Igor?

Dorie is in science geek heaven at the National Academy for Gifted Youth's science program until she realizes she has gone from being a big fish in a small pond to a typically sized Amphiprion percula in a hyperacclimated e
Published February 5th 2008 by Aladdin (first published February 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The School for Cool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The School for Cool

Julie
Sep 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
This book is just as good as the first one! I read it so quickly because I just couldn't put it down! I hope P.G. Kain writes a third one - and quick!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by The Compulsive Reader for TeensReadToo.com

Dorie Dilts is back again, following DUMPED BY POPULAR DEMAND, for more hilarious experiments in THE SCHOOL FOR COOL.

She and her BFF have been selected to go to Washington, D.C., for the summer to attend an exclusive program for Arts and Sciences. Dorie is ecstatic, for this is the perfect chance to meet her idol, scientist Jane Goodall. But with a stuck-up roommate, a condescending project leader, and the realization that she may not be the
Sydney Miller
Sep 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comfort-books
Kris
Dec 01, 2008 rated it liked it
Good middle school book, the second in a series. Definitely a "girl book", the main character, Dorie Dilts, and her flamboyant best friend, Dixie (a male - possibly gay, but not stated in so many words) are anticipating summer programs, science for Dorie and art for Dixie. Dorie, a science whiz, uses the scientific method to help the ultimate geek become cool so that an aspiring young actress will notice him. Things don't turn out as expected, and I suspect more social experiments are in the fut ...more
Meredith
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle
Just as fun as the first one - Dorie is such a great character.
Julia
Apr 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book is great for a fun read on vacation or when you have free time. I wouldn't do a book report on this because the teacher might not like it. READ THIS BOOK!
Shanjida begum
Sep 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
never try to be cool
Hanna
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
i super like this book ...:)
Taylor
Feb 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to PG Kain's successful first book, Dumped By Popular Demand.

Dorie is a breath of fresh air as the super-smart girl who uses science to figure out what makes popular people popular. The trip to D.C. in this book creates a great locale for Dorie to try out her latest experiment when she realizes that, unlike popularity, which is all about conforming to a certain group, being cool is about standing out.

This book had me smiling and laughing all the way through. Igor is a brat, T
Sabrine
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good! I envy Dorie and Dixie so very much. I love how they are BFF'S in the library and D.C! It's so cool how the two of them made Igor (my bad... Iggy E) cool to get Tiffany's attention. The ending was so clever because of Igor not ending up with Tiffany and not being interested in Science anymore. Now it's a trio of friends.. Dorie, Dixie, and Tiffany! I really hope P.G Kain is considering on creating another Social Experiment that Dorie Dilts creates. Because I have some id ...more
Kathryn Cook
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this book taught me that if plans did not go well, you take responsibility for your actions and what you made a mistake with. Dorie in this book tried to make a boy cool so that he could get a girl he liked, instead she caught him making out with another girl. I enjoyed the book but you'll have to read it to find out more.
Madeline Walker
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
What kind of ending was that? The whole point of the friggin book was to get tiffany to like igor. In the end she does like him but he starts to like someone else. I is confused.
P.S dixie kinda reminds me of Sammy Valdez from the heroes of olympus series.(1: young version,2: Percabeth!!!!!!! You'll survive down there, i know you will)
Lauren Kessee
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book was fun and funny, and even though there was a lot of reference to science, it never got me confused. It was a good continue from the first book. I loved the drama in it also. I liked how she changed the setting in the book to expand places to go and things to do. I was really sad when the book ended because I truly loved it.
Johnny Bennett
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This started out a bit slow and is certainly juvenile but about half way through it actually did get kind of interesting. I hope my kids are reading this stuff when they are tweens but it does have some redeeming content.
Genavie
Dec 21, 2008 rated it liked it
i think this book is an asome book
Dara3
Nov 30, 2009
Linda
Jul 07, 2011
Alexandra
rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Me, In Between
  • Two Steps Forward (Steps, #2)
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • Everybody Bugs Out
  • Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney, #2)
  • Class Favorite
  • Popular Clone (The Clone Chronicles, #1)
  • Sun Dog
  • A Girl in Parts
  • The Sound of Your Voice, Only Really Far Away
  • Jumping the Nail
  • Just Another Day in My Insanely Real Life
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines, #2)
  • Forever Rose (Casson Family, #5)
  • The Cupid Chronicles (Wedding Planner's Daughter, #2)
  • Frenemies (Frenemies, #1)
  • Plain Brown Wrapper: An Alex Powell Novel

The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts (2 books)
  • Dumped by Popular Demand (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts, #1)