Start by marking “Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)” as Want to Read:
Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)

Horrorscape

(Horrorscape #2)

Val receives a calling card from a very dangerous boy who wants to play with her. It's a game without rules, logic, or consequence, and he'll stop at nothing to claim her as his—even if it means destroying them both.

Three years ago, Valerian Kimble got herself entangled with a burgeoning sociopath intent on adding her to his own columns of wins and losses. She managed to e
Published March 15th 2013 (first published March 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Horrorscape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrorscape

Start your review of Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

Which of us will be the monster then, hmmm? Beauty, or the poor beguiled beast? You won the battle last time, my dear, but unfortunately you lost the war. This time, you win nothing. I'll make sure of it.

She new she should run, but her legs wouldn't move. She new she should fight, but her hands were no longer under her command. She could still resist, but even that was slowly beginning to fade. He left her feeling dead inside; like a neurotoxin, he killed off her senses one by one.

The game you h
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
Book #1: Fearscape
Book #3: Terrorscape

Horrorscape...

description

Oh, wow! I think there's a... I don't know what... inside me that makes me extremely drawn to this series. Don't get me wrong! Should I meet a Gavin-like man in real life, I'd run like hell to the nearest police station. Or maybe not. Because he'd be smart enough to make me look like a crazy person. And yet, at the safety of my Kindle, I'm lured to him. What does it feel like to have such a disregard for morals, laws and rules? And not have you
Alex
Hosted by imgur.com

Iron Man approves!! Loved it! :)

After finishing Fearscape yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about Gavin and what would happen in the next book. I imagined all kinds of scenarios, which is why I wasn't surprised when (view spoiler).

What amazed the hell out of me was (view spoiler)
Hosted by imgur.com

I mean (view spoiler)
Fathima
5 I-need-more-alcohol-in-my-system-to-digest-this Stars !!!

“Why me?”
“Because I lie awake at night, dreaming of all the things I want to do to your body, of leaving marks on your skin so that everyone knows that you are mine. And only mine .... But you fight yourself even as you fight me, and I love that, too. I love watching you squirm, because it gives me some idea of how you'll look when I'm inside you. I want to be your last thought at night, and your first taste at dawn. I want to tea
Rachel E. Carter
TRIGGER Warning: as I mentioned last time this series is dark and it deals with a darker content that contains violence and attempted rape.

First of all, let me just say that Inge's review pretty much mirrored my feels for this book. Horrorscape seems to pay tribute to the basic premise of The Forbidden Game –girl in mysterious house with lots of locked rooms and a villainous love interest who is determined to make her “his,” all the while terrorizing her friends and her in a nightmarish setting.
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books, lendable
**Halloween Week Read** Last year I read Captive in the Dark & Seduced in the Dark with a group of friends for Halloween. Horrorscape series is this year's read.

Horrorscape is set three years after Fearscape and Val is in her senior year of high school and now dating, James.

Val's stalker is back and he wants revenge. A game of SUICIDE CHESS is set up by the Stalker.

Suicide Chess Rules:
(*)Capturing is mandatory if available to you.
(*)When more than one capture is available, the player may cho
Mark
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although I enjoyed Fearscape, this second volume is better in almost every way. The writing feels more confident here, as though the author was finally able to capture the vibe she was going for in the series. The scenes are also more varied and interesting in this installment, with more POV characters to create a frenetic, page-turning atmosphere. I liked the over-the-top “creepy party” theme as well as the chess references, and the suspenseful storyline kept me thinking about the novel wheneve ...more
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
May 24, 2020 marked it as someone-with-my-name-wrote-this  ·  (Review from the author)
So I wrote this book and you can currently get it on sale (along with books 1 and 3!) for 99 cents each: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

*obnoxious 90s infomercial voice*

Do you like wacky? Fun-filled? ADVENTURES? Featuring hot psychopaths and zaaaAAAAaaaNY female protagonists?

Well this book has *90s record scratch* SOME of those things!

*normal voice*

Namely the hot psychopaths.

This is the last week of the sale! Starting in June, the books will revert back to their full price.

I know, right
Johanna
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mind-f-ck
*~*~*2.5/3 Sucker Punched Stars*~*~*

"Are you frightened? Do I frighten you? I should. Because first you must play the game for more than you can afford to lose. Sacrifice everything. Learn true fear.

photo tumblr_mf7p94EbDW1r1s7izo1_500_zps37473142.gif
Uhmmmm, YES..Johnny.. I have gone mad because this story is so out of left field. Wasn't sure if its Gavin that needs to die or Valerian for being so stupid....

Horrorscape picks up exactly where Fearscape concluded. With the exception that 3 years have passed since Valerian has seen or h
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
This whole book I kept screaming Run Dang it Run! Val just wouldn't listen to me. Stubborn woman.
Val and friends get a party invite that they all want to go to. It's in that snooty part of town. When they get there the host is just..well he's bonkers. Not a horror book in the classic sense but just creepy enough that those chills run up your back.
Jo
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
4.5 "You've been mindf*cked" stars

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's been 3 years since the events of Fearscape.
Val have tried to move on with her life but she is not the same girl she was. She isn't on the track team anymore ,she goes to therapy and it's constantly trying to chase the shadows away.
She thinks she will never be safe again, that someday, when she least expects it, he will chase her.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She is used, to name-calling and people leaving threatening letters or try to mess up with her.
Until she receives a
Natalie Monroe
I don't know if any of you have heard of a manga called Liar Game.

It's about a game where you start off with an enormous amount of money and then you partake in different games (Ex. Russian Roulette, musical chairs) to swindle your opponent's money. If you win, you can back out. But if you lose, you're saddled with a huge debt and have no choice but to keep playing, thus, getting more in debt. The key to winning these games are your wits. You're basically engaged in a huge mind game with your op
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
description

”You won the battle last time, my dear, but ultimately you lost the war. This time, you win nothing. I’ll make sure of it.”

Guess what? Valerian’s friends are invited to a party!

The host is some mystery guy named GM (yeah). Even though Valerian has her suspicions about this party she goes because her boyfriend and best friend thinks it will be a GOOD time. It’s a white party (white- chess; GM-Gavin any warning bells ringing?)

Once Val and her friends enter this creepy large home and meet GM
Kayla
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a thrilling action packed book that was so deliciously dark.
Becca
Checkmate...

Rendered speechless yet again, thats not nice Nenia, ending a book like that...well i will get to that later.

Song choices: "Under the Gun" by the Killers, and "Hunter" by 30 Seconds to Mars.... also "Fall Into the Sky" by Zedd featuring Ellie Goulding

First thoughts, well first warnings first, This is a second to a series, if you have stumbled across this and you think that you might be interested in, with that being said, SUPER spoilers are going to be in this review FOR THE FIRST B
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
*****5 Heart-pounding Crazy Stars*****

Wow - WOW - WOWSERS!!!

What a freaking FANTASTIC story line - I just can't believe how amazing this book was - I honestly thought Nenia couldn't do better than the 1st book in this series (Fearscape) but she knocked my socks off with this one!

I found myself holding my breath and realizing that my heart was pounding so fast while reading some of the scenes of this book. Nenia writes so fantastic that while I was reading it was like a movie was playing in my he
Angie **loves angst**
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Don't make me hurt you," he said softly. "Don't make me hurt your friends."

Someone hand me two pain killers and a glass of water because my head is spinning. It was such a joy to once again reunite with Gavin and his twisted, possessive antics in Horrorscape. Four years have passed since Val faced off against the child psychopath Gavin and "won." She's dating James and is trying to live a normal life as possible. This will very soon all come crashing down. It all starts when Val's friends r
N.G.
Heather
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I think I may have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome too!! I actually feel guilty for loving Gavin. A true psychopath. I enjoyed this book a teensy bit more only because they were older. In Fearscape Val was only 14 and it made it a little hard for me to relate to at times. I LOVED the whole creepy party! I cannot wait to start the last book in the series. Although, I have a feeling Gavin will be dead at the end. Which I guess it should be like that...

One question is driving me crazy though..what the
Brandi
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to say and right all I can think about is moving on to the next book. Review to come :) ...more
Veronica-Lynn Pit Bull
Nov 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Definitely not salvaging any romance here. Gavin goes from slightly psycho but still hot in a dark, twisted sort of way to raving psycho in a bat shit crazy sort of way.

I said after reading Fearscape that Val really was not a worthy opponent; and I still feel that way. She just played into Gavin’s hands like a lamb to the slaughter. First she gets a threatening letter from someone that sounds remarkably like Gavin, at the same time that her friends get mysterious party invites from a complete s
Amanda
Second book syndrome strikes again. Fearscape was one of my favorite reads 2014 and I've been meaning to read this for a while. It'd been sitting on my shelf for a while and, not bothering to read the blurb, I began.

She hated the way her heart seized when she looked up from the lamp she was steadying with a shaking hand and saw him smile, because it wasn't entirely due to fear. The villains were always ugly in books and movies. Necessarily so, it seemed. Because if they were attractive—if th
Elaine
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-the-dark-side
Brilliantly twisted and Obsessive, this story is so different

After 3 years of trying to get back to some normality, Val receives a love letter and some flowers.
At the same time her friends also receive letters....letters to invite them to a party
 photo tumblr_mok0rhKBLW1s75ropo1_500_zpscbefe9c4.gif
Her letter, their invites are they connected or just coincidence...
Could he now be back? be back to claim Val once more...
 photo 51a90090e855ead29f4e7108e2954e6c_zps3cddf3df.jpg
This story continues 3 years on from Fearscape
It is so different to anything I've read and as before it leaves you with tha
Wart Hill
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Death chess.

Cold, conniving,homocidal creepy pants versus THE BRIGADE OF TOTAL IDIOTS.

So. Compared to FearscapeHorrscape is a hell of a lot better because Fearscape was so dull whereas Horrorscape I spent the whole book going "OMGOMGWHAT'SNEXT!" So, you know, suspenseful and well crafted and an addicting story.

ON THE OTHER HAND I feel like Val's stupidity went up a notch. Like. Book 1, she's 14, she's allowed to make stupid mistakes. Book 2 she's confronted with a situation that reminds her of h
Angela
Dec 03, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-march
Another pretty cover! :D

"The stakes? Their lives. Let the games begin."

Dun dun dun.

I want this book.

...Even though I haven't read the first one yet. o-o
Rosanna
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-free
Gavin is a nut case! But I still like him..... A lot. O_o
Guess that makes me a nut case too.
Madison Calhoun
2020 update:
Okay now that it's 10 pm, and I haven't gotten nearly as much done today as I planned (because I just sat in my living room and read this instead), I will continue to procrastinate and update this with my current thoughts on Horrorscape. I had a fantastic time rereading this! There's so much tension and intensity in the second book. It's all cat and mouse. I really enjoyed how quickly Horrorscape cuts to the chase-- there's really no setup needed and the plot starts immediately. I've
Lepp

I have no words for what my brain’s processing right now. So I’m just going to express my emotions in gif/quote form.

First:
I want to play with you. I want to play suicide chess with you. You with your pawns, and me with mine. Together, we will level the playing field.
 photo danger2_zps28f08890.gif

Second:
He gave her a searing, provocative look and moved lower, holding the fabric of her shirt aside so he could replace his fingers with his mouth. Where his lips touched, her skin caught fire.
 photo Eyebrow_raise_sexy_gif_tb_zps12cc5bf0.gif

But then this happene
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
This has always been my least favorite book of the series. I found it long and tedious the first time I read it, and it was much the same on my second read. Never let it be said that I always rate my friends' book highly.

The plot is similar to those movies where a small group of people get invited to a house and end up having to survive until morning because someone wants them dead. But I never quite bought that concept here. I didn't get why any Blake, Lisa, or James would stay at this party, b
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
Dear Nenia I kind of hate but at the same love you for this. What kind read was that?!

In the beginning I was like OMG Val grow a backbone. Take lessons from Lisa here, at least she's showing some defiance. I get why she's scared but still!

I took a little, okay a longer break from this than I thought and then finally picked it up again.

In a Halloween mood I found myself turning the page and onto the next chapter, and the next and the, you get the idea.

Anyway, this is a mix of 3.5 for the first h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Never Far
  • Deadly Vows
  • Torment: Part One (The Bleeding Hearts, #1)
  • Corrupt Idol
  • Chosen
  • His  (Dark Romance, #1)
  • Torrent (Condemned, #1)
  • Recaptured by the Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #2)
  • Twisted
  • The Carnival's Daughter (Kingdom Duet #1)
  • Possession
  • Facing The Enemy (The Enemy #1)
  • Crime Lord's Captive (Crime Lord, #1)
  • Deviants (Badlands #2)
  • Slaughter
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Once a Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #3)
  • Take Me with You

Hi there. I'm Nenia! I'm an author of several villain romances, and creator and moderator of Unapologetic Romance Readers.

I read a lot of amazingly trashy books that I would be happy to rec you. Coffee flows through my veins like ichor. Also, check out what I've written sometime!

Here's where you can buy my books:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nenia-Campbell/...

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afi

Horrorscape (5 books)
  • Fearscape (Horrorscape, #1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Escape (Horrorscape, #4)
  • Wildscape (Horrorscape #5)