Start by marking “Christmas With My Grinch” as Want to Read:
Christmas With My Grinch

Read Book

Christmas With My Grinch

(My Lieutenant #3)

Bahambug! Nathan Ellerby hates Christmas! His lover, retired Lt. Bryant Duncan is ready to celebrate. He wants his life partner to enjoy the holiday too but Nathan has other ideas of how he’d like to spend their well deserved time off.
Published December 3rd 2012 by Triad Literary (first published December 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas With My Grinch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas With My Grinch

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Rounding up for being free!
This is a free short about an established couple, Bryant and Nathan.
I'm not sure if there has been a story about them before and this is just a freebie to catch up with them or not.
But it's pretty much Bryant wanting to go all out for Christmas and his lover not wanting it and lots of love declarations in between and ending on a um..'high'. ;)
Anke
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was ok

Looks like I have to be the grinch here, but this story was totally wishy-washy. Nothing substantial whatsoever. The use of 'Lieutenant' was annoying, on the other hand the dialogue was more fitting for 15 year old girls. From around 60% I was skimming, which with regard to the shortness of the story says it all.
Elspeth
Jan 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Holy shit this sucked, and not just the plot the writing was horrible. It was stilted, jarring, and very juvenile. I ended up skimming to the end, not that I cared what happened, I just have been getting a lot of grief for reviewing unfinished books. Well I never should have bothered, nothing happened, and I mean nothing.
So all in all a boring, badly written short story, its a very good thing that it was free.
Tailtiu
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, christmas
2,5* upgrade for being free and the nice... cover.
Elizabetta
This short is pretty funny but not in the way the author intended I think. These chatty guys have the cheesiest dialogue. The main point of the story is to show just how much Bryant loves Christmas and Nathan hates it. Ok, fine, but pretty flat storytelling really and the only connection between them is when they romp in bed. Bah humbug.
Serena Yates
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay
Cute little story about lovers Nathan, a total Grinch, and Bryant, who loves Christmas enough to decorate the house, the garden, and anything else he can get his hands on. There is a bit of back and forth about the amount of decorations, a quick foray outside to make the garden look festive, and a loving session in the bedroom.

If you're looking for something light and entertaining, you may like this short story. I couldn't quite connect to the main characters.
L-D
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was just meh for me. It started out okay with one of the MCs being a grinch, but I kept expecting the other MC to bring him around or show him the true holiday spirit. But then there was a sex scene and it was over.
Monika
This had such potential it was a great beginning, like I mean the first few pages, then it fell apart for me. The dialogue got annoying which in turn had me annoyed with the MC's and the ending was....not an ending by any stretch. What a beautiful cover I was hoping for so much more.
Carly
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: are
This short story is a follow up to the My Lieutenant series. It describes the first Christmas the couple shares after the end of book two. Opposites truly attract when it comes to the unique personalities of this pair, but only in the best of ways! Yes, the dialog could use some polish, but the love and emotion these two express towards each other is captivating none the less. While this can be read alone, I strongly recommend that you read the first two in the series prior to this book. Doing s ...more
Miriki
The diallogue were still and cheesy. Through out the story I just hoped they could had shut up.
It's free, so in the spirit of the holiday, I bump it up to 3 stars. *cheers*
Stephen
Short Free Christmas story featuring the main characters of the author's My Lieutenant book. The characters are likable without knowing their back-story and the story reads like a happy Christmas vignette. The characters don't have much detail in this story, but they are genuine enough and it's enjoyable to spend a few minutes with them.

One of the other books that I'm reading concurrently is J.D. Salinger's Nine Stories and it occurred to me that what I've always missed in Salinger's books are
Cindi
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was not a fan early on of Nathan (aka the Grinch) and I had a hard time liking him throughout the story. Granted, the story is short but I had hoped to see a bit more from him. I feel that his partner Bryant was a decent guy and that Nathan should've played the game a little in order to make his man happy. What's a few hours of decorating? Of quality time together? When you are in a committed relationship you have to sometimes make sacrifices. I didn't see Nathan doing this at all.

Decent shor
Dakota Storm
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Very cute short with Bryant and Nathan. Glad to see they are still happy ....Bryant loves Christmas trying to get Nathan in the mood (Nathan the grinch) Bryant takes matter into his own hands by placing the mistletoe in just the right place. ...
Leona Bowman
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too short, want more of this sweet couple...

Very sweet.. it like a teaser.. if you only have a short break, this little story would be excellent to read, to get you into a happy mood..
Rebecca (everyday reader)
An okay read about a couple of gay men who have some time off at the holidays and have different views on what to do. Okay read!!
Annabel
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Annabel by: Kathryn Parry
Shelves: 2013-books, ebook
It's ok story not what I expected but it was ok... If you want a quick easy story this is one for you.

Still not sure why needed the chapters...
Karen
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-mm
We interrupt this regular scheduled reading schedule to bring you...Christmas! This was short, sweet and sexy. A fun little story to start the holiday reading. Let the merriment begin!
Donna
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Sweet short read
Kathryn Parry
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
More like three and a half. A quick festive read that most couples can relate too.
Kelli Santistevan
I enjoyed this book.
Kati
Mar 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Freebie. And thank the gods above for that. From weird writing - "point about" or "cradled him closer" - to downright unlikable characters, this story made me actually angry. Why are these two, Nathan and Bryant, actually together? Nathan can't but whine about everything, even the things Bryant loves most. On the other hand, Bryant doesn't respect Nathan's wishes or his opinions. Do they actually listen to each other or do they just boink?
joani
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story wasn't bad but...

I am not familiar with this couple and it seems to be a long running story. so please don't go by my review when deciding to read this.
I found Nathan to be a bit selfish and he just complains...the Lieutenant is sentimental but he's pushing the wrong pluses to Nathan about what Christmas means... but this story was too short for that.
Ronda  Tutt
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Cute but very Short (15 pages) This m/m read was mainly about two men who are newly married and one has more christmas spirit than his mate but with a little sexual teasing the mate comes around. The main thing is that all the decorations, tree, music just didn't matter and the only thing that really mattered to him is that they were together and were in love. does have one hot sex scene.
EmilyRose
Nov 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
There was nothing to this story. Nathan AKA The Grinch was just plain mean about Bryant(his future husband)'s Christmas spirit and anything having to do with the holidays... AND Bryant just takes it. There wasn't even a good reason for his pure hate for the holiday season.

Overall, I'm not sure this one even deserves the 1 star.
Ramsi
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sadly more of 1,5 stars.

It felt like a tiny piece of a much larger story. I couldn't really connect with the MC's even if it started promising.
But then everything was rushed and not well explained...
Ah, I was simply disappointed. The dialogues were cheesy and the whole story somehow flat.
Vivian
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-contemp
Bridging the divide between the zealous and the apathetic takes compromise. That's exactly what Bryant concludes when trying to turn his grinch, Nathan into a Holiday elf. Stilted dialogue that was difficult to assign and thus seemed liable to be either MC took away from this short.
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm not a fan of Christmas so I wasn't really into this from the beginning. I wasn't impressed with the story or the writing and the characters felt really wrong to me.
Philip
Dec 12, 2013 added it
Awful!
Jarrod Scarbrough
Meh. Yeah, just meh. The story wasn't all that. The dialogue was pretty cheesy. The story itself was kind of cute, but the author neither made us like the characters, nor desire them.
Rachel
Oct 04, 2013 marked it as owned-to-read
Shelves: unread-mm
*downloaded free on ARE
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
BLMorticia entertains her readers with hot and smexy sex, humor, and lots of swear words. She attempts to incorporate metal music or the military in most of her works. Nothin’ sexier than metalheads or military servicemen and women!
For more info, please visit, Erotica With Snark

My Lieutenant (3 books)
  • My Lieutenant
  • In His Arms (My Lieutenant #2)