Start by marking “Ashes (Project Eden, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ashes (Project Eden, #4)

Ashes

(Project Eden #4)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  702 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
The hammer has fallen. The deadly Sage Flu has been unleashed. The scramble for survival is in full force.

Martina Gable and her family escaped to a secluded mountain cabin in hopes of avoiding the death sweeping the desert valley below, but have they gone far enough?

Dominic Ray, manager of a tropical, private island resort, has a dream job. The weather, the food, the drink
Published December 1st 2012 by Brett Battles (first published September 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes

Jeff
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As The World Burns. Here, Battles adjusts the style of the tale slightly again. We still get a sense of a global Apocalypse through the reports from India, a new island in Costa Rica not in the prior books, California, Wisconsin, and Colorado, but here the countdown - fairly ineffective in PALE HORSE - really drives the point home. Meanwhile, instead of the shotgun "let's go to all kinds of places" approach that seemed to drive PALE HORSE, we get just a few threads to follow here. Most of the ta ...more
Skip Crust
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, I've just become a big fan of Brett Battles. There are very few authors I'm obsessed with reading everything they write, but I can sense that Battles has just become one of those authors.

This a great 4th installment in the Project Eden series. Like the previous books, it goes at a break-neck pace with tons of action as the world moves toward a new normal after a humanity-killing pathogen is released into the earth. I love the personal stories woven together as people try and figure out what
Jen Walker
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic continuation of Project Eden. This is one of the best books in the series. In the first few pages it gives a brief recount of the saga thus far which I really appreciate as a reader.
The story starts back up where it ended. We get a great feel for what is happening with all the characters we have come to know and care about as well as some new folks. The action only takes place over a few days but those are action packed days. Great ending with more to come.
My other favorite thing ab
Dee Haddrill
As the crisis in the world progresses, this series just keeps getting better. Am jumping straight into the next book.
Lucas Darathy
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Much more interesting than the last two books! And Ash was barely in it, so I guess we know now who brings the story down...

Chloe, Josie, Martina and Belinda are the most interesting characters on the story. I like Brandon too, but he's starting to get a little too much like his very dull father.

The plot continues to be fascinating and scary, making you want to keep reading to find out what's going to happen next.

Awesome!
Wendy
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down! Had to squeeze in listening time when ever I could, especially towards the end as it flipped between different locations just as I thought I'd find out what was going to happen with someone. On to book 5!
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brett-battles
ASHES is the fourth installment of the Project Eden series. I am one of many fans of Brett Battles. I purchased this as soon as it was released, although I have been remiss in getting around to reading it (sorry Brett. I owe you yet once again). This was a mistake since I ended up reading it in one night (and after being up for 24 hours already).

ASHES starts the aftermath of the release of the KV-27a virus by Project Eden. As with the other books in this series, I found this to be another fast p
Travis
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best one so far, captivating. Decent read.
Gadget Girl
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ashes is the 4th book in this incredible series and slightly slower paced than the other four but no less exciting and its nice to have a very slight slow down to find out more about the fantastic characters. Im sooo addicted to this series I simply cannot stop reading and devoured book four in another one night sitting.
The subplots have become stronger and more developed and Im enjoying the introduction of another group.

I missed Captian Ash as he is recovering from book 3 and taken a back seat
Cathy Ryan
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-suspense

Ashes begins after the release of the virus by Project Eden. Ash is badly hurt while trying to find Brandon and Chloe races against time to get him the medical help he desperately needs. The doctor Chloe kidnaps is a good surgeon but it’s touch and go for a while.

Brandon Ash is on his own in the wilderness until he’s picked up b the army and taken to a facility for children left on their own. He doesn’t know when or if he is ever going to be reunited with his dad and sister. Chloe, Mill
Lisa
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have an established list of authors whose books I devour and I haven't added to that list for a couple of years, until now. I started Ashes last night and finished at 4:16 this morning and we just purchased the next 3. I'm so glad Sick was a free Kindle book, it hooked me, I raved about it to my husband, and now he's just about caught up with me.

I've read a few reviews that say the story has slowed down, I disagree. It's still a nail biting, edge of your seat, freak out when you hear a cough,
Maggie Reed
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly, I finished the last two of this series in record time. This should be a series of films, or a television series, or something like that. This is so believable, I began to feel the effects of SF-B, primarily as someone who had A and survived. My stomach still hurts and so does my head. Could this be because of the series or because of something I ate? Who knows? If I remember correctly, the next one comes out in October. This will stick in my head kuntil I get to read that one. Thank y ...more
Jim
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jim by: Young adults
Loved the Cleaner series, even the novellas. So, I read the first one and liked it. Skipped the next two, thinking you can only do the end of mankind once. Picked up this one (the fourth) and just finished it. I either did not realize that the first one was a young adult thriller, or maybe this series has redirected itself toward that direction. Anyway, it was ok, but really for teens, in my view. Not poorly written or edited, but most likely my last in this series.
Robert
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book continues the story from the previous books. It didn't really captivate me like Sick did, but it didn't bore me either. It was a good read to pass the time and very easy to follow. Writing style is not complex at all, which makes putting it down for a week and picking it back up such an ease. I will continue to read the rest of the books just to finish the series.
Linda
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth installment of The Project Eden series. This one did seem to be a little drawn out in the middle but then picked up again and moved right along to the end. This is a terrific series.
Marilyn
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think I enjoyed this book more than the others. It took awhile to read it though and that, I'm blaming on the season. I wasn't here long enough to read more than 30 min. per session. That being said, I'm waiting now for the next one.
Ken Ian
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great story, really has had a surprising turn of fate for the characters. Give Eden a go. I'm now on book 5 and loving every minute
Claudette
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is really more of a YA series, but I love Brett Battles, and happy to read his work. This was one of the better books in this series, too.
Kellie Harrington
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
what an excellent book hated to finish it . I couldnt put it down for any amount of time. addicting! cant wait for the next book!
heidi charleson
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

Fast paced continuing story will keep up with th ash family yes yes yes a good series makes you think
Darlene
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have become a huge fan of Brett Battles. This series continues and doesn't disappoint. I don't know how many books are in this series. I see the 6th will be out 2014. I hate having to wait.
Nicole
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
As with the first books in series ....Couldn't put it down.... Super thrilling and frightening to say the least! Need to read book #5 ASAP....is this a literary classic...nope! But it's exciting.....
Jonathan
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 good, not as great as the others!
Susan
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Fun, easy read. More like a screenplay with a lot of action. Ended with less of a "cliff hanger" than the other books which I appreciated.
John
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good!
Lynn
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So sad I have to wait for more. I am going to try his other series.
Koni
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You've gotta read this series!!!!
Doreen Dalesandro
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Genre: thriller
Rating: 4
I listened to this book.

Another great read in the Project Eden series. Already started the next one...

MacLeod Andrews does a fantastic job narrating!
Steve
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started the first book, sick just a few days ago while on vacation. I just finished the fourth and best of the series this morning. That should speak for itself. A very good read.
Sam Jones
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the fate of the world has been decided and it seems that the story far from ending is only just getting going and I love it.
  • A Touch of Revenge (Nick Bracco Thriller #2)
  • The Returners: Season One Omnibus
  • Wings of Retribution (Millennium Potion #1)
  • Fire in Winter (Surviving the Dead, #4)
  • Dark Sky Thunder (Walking in the Rain, #4)
  • King City
  • Darkness of This World (Wrath & Righteousness, #2)
  • Whiteout (After #4)
  • Annihilation (Star Force, #7)
  • Hostage Zero (Jonathan Grave, #2)
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
  • The Stones of Angkor (Purge of Babylon, #3)
  • King of Swords (Assassin #1)
  • Line of Succession (Blake Carver Thrillers #1)
  • From The Ashes (Indian Hill #4)
  • Blackjack Wayward (Blackjack #2)
Brett Battles is a Barry Award-winning author of over thirty novels, including Rewinder, the Jonathan Quinn series, the Logan Harper series, and the Project Eden series. He’s also the coauthor, with Robert Gregory Browne, of the Alexandra Poe series. You can learn more at his website: brettbattles.com

Project Eden (7 books)
  • Sick (Project Eden, #1)
  • Exit 9 (Project Eden, #2)
  • Pale Horse (Project Eden, #3)
  • Eden Rising (Project Eden, #5)
  • Dream Sky (Project Eden, #6)
  • Down (Project Eden, #7)
“come over and get that omelet before some bird flies” 1 likes