Start by marking “Ashes (Project Eden, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ashes (Project Eden, #4)

Ashes

(Project Eden #4)

The hammer has fallen. The deadly Sage Flu has been unleashed. The scramble for survival is in full force.

Martina Gable and her family escaped to a secluded mountain cabin in hopes of avoiding the death sweeping the desert valley below, but have they gone far enough?

Dominic Ray, manager of a tropical, private island resort, has a dream job. The weather, the food, the drink
Published December 1st 2012 by Brett Battles (first published September 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes

Start your review of Ashes (Project Eden, #4)
Jeff
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As The World Burns. Here, Battles adjusts the style of the tale slightly again. We still get a sense of a global Apocalypse through the reports from India, a new island in Costa Rica not in the prior books, California, Wisconsin, and Colorado, but here the countdown - fairly ineffective in PALE HORSE - really drives the point home. Meanwhile, instead of the shotgun "let's go to all kinds of places" approach that seemed to drive PALE HORSE, we get just a few threads to follow here. Most of the ta ...more
Wenzel Roessler
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This could be the best book in the series so far, and yes you need to be these books in order. This book is a great read but does pull at the Heartstrings so many people have to deal with so much tragedy.
Skip Crust
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, I've just become a big fan of Brett Battles. There are very few authors I'm obsessed with reading everything they write, but I can sense that Battles has just become one of those authors.

This a great 4th installment in the Project Eden series. Like the previous books, it goes at a break-neck pace with tons of action as the world moves toward a new normal after a humanity-killing pathogen is released into the earth. I love the personal stories woven together as people try and figure out what
Jen Walker
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic continuation of Project Eden. This is one of the best books in the series. In the first few pages it gives a brief recount of the saga thus far which I really appreciate as a reader.
The story starts back up where it ended. We get a great feel for what is happening with all the characters we have come to know and care about as well as some new folks. The action only takes place over a few days but those are action packed days. Great ending with more to come.
My other favorite thing ab
Dee Haddrill
As the crisis in the world progresses, this series just keeps getting better. Am jumping straight into the next book.
Steve
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding.

Book 4 of this fantastic series and it just keeps getting better how Mr Battle finds the time to write and push out so much quality is beyond me.

We pick up right where book 3 (Pale Horse My review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...) left off and gets straight into the meat of the story.

This time round some of the minor characters take centre stage and this is a refreshing change and the book takes on a new freshness.
The virus is in full effect and the world is at the mer
Lucas Hamasaki
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Much more interesting than the last two books! And Ash was barely in it, so I guess we know now who brings the story down...

Chloe, Josie, Martina and Belinda are the most interesting characters on the story. I like Brandon too, but he's starting to get a little too much like his very dull father.

The plot continues to be fascinating and scary, making you want to keep reading to find out what's going to happen next.

Awesome!
Ed And
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this one somewhere there are other people.

This book starts where the last one ended. Duh - really, DUH. The Resistance is trying to get their stuff together and the Project Even folks look forward to the time when they can start doing more bad stuff.

The pace of the book picks up and ....... Really don't read this without a good grounding, knowing this is just a book.

The author is very good and the story keeps getting better.
Marianne
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I stuck with the series. This book helped me connect with the characters better as each story jump seemed to happen less frequently. Getting more time with the characters that matter made me care and feel more connected to them and so I ended up enjoying the overall story so much more also. Really looking forward to reading the last few books in the series and see how it all ends.
Marika Charalambous
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual in the series, there is a lot of action, suspense, and things start to come to an end... just one more book to read.
Roger John Jones
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Slow

Getting paid by the word. The world is collapsing and all resources are devoted to finding one boy? Not very wise. Churning on to see how it ends. At least it's free.
Tan
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is about the activation day of Project Eden.
The writing is good and easy to read.
Nice 7 books series for reading during covid 19 lockdown period
Wendy
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down! Had to squeeze in listening time when ever I could, especially towards the end as it flipped between different locations just as I thought I'd find out what was going to happen with someone. On to book 5!
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brett-battles
ASHES is the fourth installment of the Project Eden series. I am one of many fans of Brett Battles. I purchased this as soon as it was released, although I have been remiss in getting around to reading it (sorry Brett. I owe you yet once again). This was a mistake since I ended up reading it in one night (and after being up for 24 hours already).

ASHES starts the aftermath of the release of the KV-27a virus by Project Eden. As with the other books in this series, I found this to be another fast p
Travis
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best one so far, captivating. Decent read.
Amethyst
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ashes is the 4th book in this incredible series and slightly slower paced than the other four but no less exciting and its nice to have a very slight slow down to find out more about the fantastic characters. Im sooo addicted to this series I simply cannot stop reading and devoured book four in another one night sitting.
The subplots have become stronger and more developed and Im enjoying the introduction of another group.

I missed Captian Ash as he is recovering from book 3 and taken a back seat
Cathy Ryan
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-suspense

Ashes begins after the release of the virus by Project Eden. Ash is badly hurt while trying to find Brandon and Chloe races against time to get him the medical help he desperately needs. The doctor Chloe kidnaps is a good surgeon but it’s touch and go for a while.

Brandon Ash is on his own in the wilderness until he’s picked up b the army and taken to a facility for children left on their own. He doesn’t know when or if he is ever going to be reunited with his dad and sister. Chloe, Mill
Maggie Reed
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly, I finished the last two of this series in record time. This should be a series of films, or a television series, or something like that. This is so believable, I began to feel the effects of SF-B, primarily as someone who had A and survived. My stomach still hurts and so does my head. Could this be because of the series or because of something I ate? Who knows? If I remember correctly, the next one comes out in October. This will stick in my head kuntil I get to read that one. Thank y ...more
Lisa
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have an established list of authors whose books I devour and I haven't added to that list for a couple of years, until now. I started Ashes last night and finished at 4:16 this morning and we just purchased the next 3. I'm so glad Sick was a free Kindle book, it hooked me, I raved about it to my husband, and now he's just about caught up with me.

I've read a few reviews that say the story has slowed down, I disagree. It's still a nail biting, edge of your seat, freak out when you hear a cough,
Jim
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jim by: Young adults
Loved the Cleaner series, even the novellas. So, I read the first one and liked it. Skipped the next two, thinking you can only do the end of mankind once. Picked up this one (the fourth) and just finished it. I either did not realize that the first one was a young adult thriller, or maybe this series has redirected itself toward that direction. Anyway, it was ok, but really for teens, in my view. Not poorly written or edited, but most likely my last in this series.
Robert
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book continues the story from the previous books. It didn't really captivate me like Sick did, but it didn't bore me either. It was a good read to pass the time and very easy to follow. Writing style is not complex at all, which makes putting it down for a week and picking it back up such an ease. I will continue to read the rest of the books just to finish the series.
Marilyn
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think I enjoyed this book more than the others. It took awhile to read it though and that, I'm blaming on the season. I wasn't here long enough to read more than 30 min. per session. That being said, I'm waiting now for the next one.
Linda
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth installment of The Project Eden series. This one did seem to be a little drawn out in the middle but then picked up again and moved right along to the end. This is a terrific series.
Kellie Harrington
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
what an excellent book hated to finish it . I couldnt put it down for any amount of time. addicting! cant wait for the next book!
Steve
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started the first book, sick just a few days ago while on vacation. I just finished the fourth and best of the series this morning. That should speak for itself. A very good read.
Koni
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You've gotta read this series!!!!
Susan
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Fun, easy read. More like a screenplay with a lot of action. Ended with less of a "cliff hanger" than the other books which I appreciated.
Betsy
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series and a nice surprise at the end.
Nicole
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
As with the first books in series ....Couldn't put it down.... Super thrilling and frightening to say the least! Need to read book #5 ASAP....is this a literary classic...nope! But it's exciting.....
Claudette
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is really more of a YA series, but I love Brett Battles, and happy to read his work. This was one of the better books in this series, too.

• The Pulse (Geostorm #2)
  • Geostorm: The Collapse (Geostorm #3)
  • End of Summer
  • All That Rises (Lone Survivor #4)
  • The Flood (Geostorm #4)
  • Rise (Rise #1)
  • Escape the Virus (Last Pandemic #1)
  • Escape the City (Last Pandemic #2)
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • The Shift (Geostorm #1)
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor #2)
  • Empty Cities (Minus America #2)
  • Smolder (Flashpoint #2)
  • Unprepared (The Scourge #1)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • Inbound (Impact #1)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • Minus America (Minus America #1)
Brett Battles is a Barry Award-winning author of over thirty novels, including Rewinder, the Jonathan Quinn series, the Logan Harper series, and the Project Eden series. He’s also the coauthor, with Robert Gregory Browne, of the Alexandra Poe series. You can learn more at his website: brettbattles.com

Project Eden (7 books)
  • Sick (Project Eden, #1)
  • Exit 9 (Project Eden, #2)
  • Pale Horse (Project Eden, #3)
  • Eden Rising (Project Eden, #5)
  • Dream Sky (Project Eden, #6)
  • Down (Project Eden, #7)