Start by marking “California Wine” as Want to Read:
California Wine

Read Book

California Wine

(California Romance #2)

Single mother Elizabeth Ladina is done with men. From her father on down, all they want to do is control her life.

Deciding to take her life into her own hands, she ends her five-year relationship and goes to Italy to visit Liguria, her family’s original home and rediscover the thrill of being on her own. A visit to an upscale skin care boutique in Italy inspires her. Drea
Published December 31st 2012 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about California Wine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about California Wine

Start your review of California Wine
Pam B Morris
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved California Wine! The characters are so real, the issues they deal with consuming and often seem insurmountable. And what's not to love about an independent heroine or a gorgeous Italian wine connoisseur? Casey Dawes writes with humor and compassion about real life problems with too real consequences. Her romance California Sunset set the tone for love stories in the hilly California wine country. This story takes you deeper into the earthy, passionate and complex lives of characters that ...more
Ellen Parker
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Near the end of her first visit to Italy, Elizabeth Ladina, a California businesswoman and mother of a college age daughter, is surprised at her reaction to a handsome man in the restaurant. She’s not looking for romance. Perhaps it’s the Italian air, but she accepts his offer of a tour of his winery. And that kiss – just one – becomes her most lasting memory of the vacation.
Marcos Gamari is a vintner with ambition. He wants to purchase a California winery to add to his holdings in Italy and F
Peggy Bird
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
The second in the series of books about the people of Costanoa, this one tells the story of Elizabeth Ladina and Marcos Gamari. She's a Californian who owns her own business, he's an Italian with vineyards in France and Italy. She goes to Italy to rediscover her roots after she ends a long-term relationship. He meets her when she's eating dinner alone in Liguria where he lives.

They discover painful things in common--betrayal both personal and professional for starters--and Elizabeth is hesitant
Fyreball
It may be a style thing but this didn't work for me. There was lots of interesting potential, after all, who can resist a good looking Italian like Marcos? For me, though, the life coach angle made it much more chick lit than I like. On the plus side, the story is about Elizabeth, a mom with a daughter off at college. Oh, boy! I've got kids in college so that means I'm about the same age. Uhh, not quite. She's 38, a bit young I thought... which created another distraction. I couldn't get the age ...more
Paullette
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Liked the bones of what was there--really enjoyed reading about how the middle-aged leads handled their business difficulties--but the book could have been SO much better! The male romantic lead (hot Italian winemaker!) and settings (Italy! California wine country!) were great, but the female protagonist's continued feeble excuses for avoiding sex/romance quickly became tiresome. My advice is to keep the business intrigue and ramp up the sex: then, this could be a really *hot* and satisfying ser ...more
Cary Morgan
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A little bit of Italy, a little bit of California, a lovely, determined and independent American, Elizabeth Ladina, and a hunky, independent, and driven Italian, Marcos Gamari, all come together to create a fun, endearing story about compromise, acceptance, and meeting in the middle. Richly rewarding and well worth the time. Well done.
I purchased this book online and have given this review freely and without compensation of any kind.
Mike
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Not my kind of book, but the author sent me a complimentary copy, therefore I read and, for the most part, enjoyed the simple romance story. I quick read for a summer beach or mountain visit. MS Dawes has a knack for an interesting story teller.

In compliance with FTC guidelines, please disclose in your review that you received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Virginia Hill
California Wine (California Romance #2) by Casey Dawes Marcos had patience aplenty where Elizabeth was concerned. I exclaimed aloud over the ravioli explosion...FINALLY!!! Hands and heart. Hands and heart. Good to know. John giving Annie a horse instead of an engagement ring? BEST. IDEA. EVER! :)
Bette Hansen
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it
The storyline is good. To people living their lives but not happy. After meeting by chance Marco is ready to see what life could be together but Elizabeth is too afraid to give them a chance. Too much back and forth in the story but it was ok.
Luisa Rivas
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a nice story, no fireworks, just romance. It deals with long distance romance between a California girl and an Italian vineyard owner. The story feels,old because the hero is very old fashioned and so gentlemanly. It was a nice and quiet read.
Paula
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Once again I come off off a big read "the luminaries ". 800 plus pages I picked a simple read. I was not disappointed. A little redundant in "over thinking" but fun! ...more
Jen
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the travel and description of vineyards and feel of a different world. Blending the two worlds was beautifully painted. Picturesque in words.
Maria
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read as part of holiday flings.
Francine
Oct 18, 2016
Linda Joplin
Jan 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
  • The Host
  • Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #0)
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Once a Duchess (Once A..., #1)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • Butter
  • Don Quixote
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • 2BR02B
  • Risky Business
  • Genuine Lies
  • I See You  (Criminal Profiler #4)
  • Girls of the Great War
  • Last One Home (New Beginnings, #1)
  • The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
Casey Dawes has lived a varied life–some by choice, some by circumstance. Her master’s degree in theater didn’t prepare her for anything practical, so she’s been a teacher, stage hand, secretary, database guru, manager in Corporate America, business coach, book shepherd, and writer.

She inherited an itchy foot from her grandfather, traveling to Europe and Australia and many towns and cities across

California Romance (5 books)
  • California Sunset