Start by marking “Outcast (Apocalyptia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Outcast (Apocalyptia, #1)

Read Excerpt

Outcast

(Apocalyptia #1)

JC will never forgive himself for choices he made the night before the earthquake. Rescuing the girl he’s been crus
Published December 1st 2012 by Aileen Fish (first published November 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Outcast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outcast

Andi
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most exciting books I have read in a long time. I couldn't put it down because I just had to know what was going to happen next. "Outcast" is a great take on the Apocalypse; as Antwon says, "Zero zombies." I really felt for JC as he dealt with Niki coming to terms with the situation around them. She is a strong character and I could really identify with her emotions. I'm excited to see what is coming in Book 2.
Julie
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Title: Outcast
Author: Aileen Fish
Rating: 2/5

Warning: review might contain slight spoilers.

First off, let me start with the synopsis (copied from Goodreads): “When the world collapses, the only person who comes looking for Niki Mathers is the loser who made fun of her in high school. JC Phillips saves her life, so she can’t really tell him to get lost. And he is keeping her from being alone at the end of the world…

JC will never forgive himself for choices he made the night before the earthqu
Katherine Paschal
Niki is taking a shower when the earth starts shaking. A terrible earthquake has rocked California, and Niki is trapped under the caved in ceiling from her apartment. Facing her death, she is rescued by JC, a guy she never gave a thought to. They end up traveling together as the world around them shakes and erupts, having no idea what they are traveling towards.
This book was a complete mash up of everything. There was natural disasters, the Mayan end of the world calendar, Native American mythol
Shylee W.
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I was very up and down with this book. At moments I was in love and at other points I was bored out of my mind. The story goes into how the world ends on 12/21/12 and JC saves Niki from her apartment then they go on this journey together to find Nikkis sister but along the way there are earthquakes, flooding, and meter showers.

The idea of the book was great and I liked the end perspective of why the world was coming to an end on that date. It was very creative. If you read the book you'll know
Dana
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
It's Dec. 21, 2012, a fact that we don't learn until later. Nikki is trapped in her apartment after a massive earthquake and is rescued by JC, a guy who used to bully her when they were in high school. His family has been killed and she and JC travel together along with a friend of his in this now post-not-quite-apocalyptic world. There are earthquakes, tsunamis, meteor strikes, the possibility of aliens, doomsday preppers, superpowers like the ability to talk to ghosts and superhuman strength, ...more
Shawna Briseno
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it
ARC provided by NetGalley:
Outcast is another end of the world as we know it story but with a slightly different twist. This time the earth is devastated by a series of earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions. The story begins with Niki being trapped as her apartment building collapses. Her neighbor JC rescues her, and they begin their journey to find out what's happening around them. The basic story is a decent one but I was confused more than once by time lapses that weren't identified be
Elizabeth O'Hanlon
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
*ARC given by Net Gallery*

I couldn't get into this one, I tried but I found myself skipping bits and just seeing how it would end, i'm still grateful to have been requested it, but unfortunately this one wasn't for me.
Selena Lang
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
so-so read. The story was a bit bare..no real action or drama even in an end of the world scenario. Kind of felt "off" while reading it. Then the weird stuff - I wasn't expecting it and I didn't really think it was all that well done.
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald

I think this is going to be a great read with some great reviews as well. This book sounds more for the teenage genre but for adults also. I look forward to reading this book.
Yvonne Hamilton
Shannon Baas
Shana
Violet
Dec 19, 2012

• Love Is In The Message (Love, #3)
  • Instinct (The Halfling Chronicles, Book 1)
  • The Birth Of The Peacekeepers
  • Skin (The Ark Trilogy, #1)
  • Terra (Terrestrials, #1)
  • Gabriel's Watch (The Scrapman Trilogy, #1)
  • Rebirth (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)
  • After The Fires Went Out: Coyote (After The Fires Went Out, #1)
  • Ice Diaries
  • The Fall: Tales from the Apocalypse
  • Shifting Pride
  • Harbinger (The Bleeding Worlds, #1)
  • Oxford Whispers (The Oxford Saga, # 1)
  • Extinction
  • Level Zero (The NextWorld #1)
  • Traveler (Joshua, #2)