Start by marking “Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)” as Want to Read:
Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)

Love and Let Die

(Masters and Mercenaries #5)

Librarian's note: See alternate cover edition of ASIN B00DTULZPC here.

Ian Taggart and the whole McKay-Taggart Security team return in Love and Let Die.

A Tragic Love Story

Charlotte Dennis’s mission was clear: distract and misdirect CIA operative Ian Taggart by any means necessary. If she failed, she would never see her sister again. With her training, it should have been
Published October 1st 2013 by DLZ Entertainment LLC

To ask other readers questions about Love and Let Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Let Die

Start your review of Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 stars

He’d been a different man with Charlotte, a softer man, a man who might have had a future.

If there was one thing she’d learned in her lifetime, it was that the world was a game. She would win or she would die.

When I read the first book in the Masters and Mercenaries book, I knew, I just knew that I had to, I needed, I had to have Ian's book.

I'm pretty sure I got to a point where all I had to do was think of Ian's name and my mind was all

So needless to say, my anticipation and my h
Sabrina
♫Listened to the audio for a re-read♫

Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

AUDIO REVIEW: I liked going back and experiencing this couple again. The narrator was a little too intense for me and made things very dramatic , which I wasn't a big fan of, but I got used to and was able to enjoy the story.
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ian...the Alpha Dom and master of the dungeon. I can already hear the whispering sounds of his flogger hitting bare flesh. Can you feel it? Are you craving to read about his giant cock? Can you hear the loud beat of "Guns n Roses" pumping through the sound system as he bends her over and fucks her in the ass in the pussy and her sweet pink lips? .....I can...I know you can too ;)

Ian, you sexy viking. It took you a while to get your shit together, but I knew you'd pull through. There were times I
Aղցela W.
I loved this book I was finally glad to get to Ian this book was great. I loved that Charlie was able to prove her love to Ian and that he let her. For five years, Charlotte has thought of nothing but returning to her husband. Ian thought that he lost his wife that no one knew about five years ago until she showed up on his door running because her uncle is trying to kill her and her sister who uses her computer to make people's lives hell. Ian doesn't have it in his heart to forgive and forget. ...more
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Loved it! I've always had a thing for Ian and he did not disappoint me in this book❤ I also loved Charlotte's take no shit, feisty attitude :) Lexi Blake writes fantastic romantic suspense novels!
Michelle
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I binged the first four books in this series and I knew I couldn't stop until I read Ian's story. Ian is quite rough around the edges and a grumpy pants but I could never say that to his face because it would be a really bad idea. I love that Ian and Charlotte had a second chance. They have both been through so much that they really needed their own HEA.

The sex scenes in this book and in most of them are a bit rough and dirty. Knowing who the characters are I am not surprised but just
Sandi - Protester of Goofreads
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lexi Blake posted on Facebook & Twitter the following;

If anyone wonders why I tend to stay away from Goodreads - I already have a 3.5 rating for Love and Let Die. I haven't finished it yet so I'm unsure why it already has a mediocre rating. Maybe they know something I don't....

She's right, my account for the book showed 'read' with a rating! WTF
Solid 4 stars⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! Definitely my favorite from this series. There's plenty of action, suspense, danger, passion and the dialogue had me laughing here and there. Looking forward to read the next one.
Shayna
I can't get enough of the Masters and Mercenaries Series! Love and Let Die is Lexi Blake at her best! She writes erotic romantic suspense like no other, and I am always extremely excited when she has something new for us! Intense, heart pounding, and erotically fulfilling, I could not put this book down. Ian Taggert is one of my favorite Doms out there in fantasy land and his story is one of the best.

"You chose everyone but me. I'll fix this. I'll save you. Choose me, Charlie. Choose us. Trust m
~ Cariad ~
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars and a deep sigh from me

It's hard to say why some books work and others don't, but for me this one just didn't hit the mark.

I wanted more passion and alone time and less of the back story I think. The mix just wasn't quite right, I wanted to be on the edge of my seat, but instead was tempted to scan pages.

Ian waited too long to admit his feelings and Charlie could have done a lot more crawling (on her knees) to win him over faster. The sex scenes were good but nothing new and nothing tha
Kristie
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gah! More, more, more! Please, I want more.

I love this series. Agents, ex-agents, assassins, good guys, bad guys, and a little bit of D/s action. With each of these books a bigger plot is revealed, leaving me wanting more. More, faster. More often. Just more. All of the men of this series are wonderful, and their women are amazing. I actually like all of them, which is something strange.

Ian finally getting his was something I had been waiting for for since book one. There were times when I que
Sherri Hayes
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in Lexi Blake's Masters and Mercenaries series and so far it's one of my favorites. For me, this one ranks right up there with the first book in the series, which happens to feature Ian's little brother, Sean.

I knew when we first met Ian in book one that whoever his lady ended up being she was going to have to be tough. Ian needed a strong woman and he got it in Charlie.

What can I say about this book? I loved Ian and Charlie. I loved them separately, but I especially lov
MandaLee
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book-own, series, bdsm
Love this series. But Ian wasn't enough for me. I have been dying to read his story from the beginning. And while yes, the story was good. It wasn't anything like I imagined for Ian and Charlie:( They could of been so much more IMO.
Lindsay
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-s-a-p
I was really excited to read this book. It sounded really good.

I loved Ian but instantly disliked Charlotte. But when things got better with her, I started hating her sister.

The best part of this book was the buddy read with Linda. :)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ian Taggart is probably one of my most favorite characters ever created by an author, yes he is that good! ;)
Lori McD
3.5+ stars

5th book in the series, but this one isn't my favorite. I was so anxious to read more about Ian and Charlie (Charlotte). But there's so much baggage between them and so many logistics issues to work out, I felt as though their relationship and these two coming back together as a couple were somewhat overshadowed by all the rest.

And I applaud Ms. Blake for not making it an immediate HEA for Ian and Charlie. I was hooked on the suspense and who's behind this attack now?

However, some of
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Guns and Roses - seriously? Love it! This book is probably one of my favourites in the series so far. I LOVE IAN! I am totally team IAN. He is a complicated man who tries to keep things simple. He locks down his emotions because he lost the love of his life, Charlotte. Even though she played him during a mission, he still misses her and loves her. She is dead.

So when his dearly departed wife returns from the dead, 5 years later, it is a rocky reunion. I love Charlotte. She is smart, sassy and k
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really, I love everything Lexi Blake does, and this was no exception. It was one of those books I felt like I'd been waiting forever for. Since the first time we met him in Sean's book,
I've wanted Ian's story. Ian is an awesome character - and Charlotte was his perfect foil - without a doubt. I love them together. She was seriously kick ass. I think the is my favorite hero if this series so far.

My one tiny complaint was, I wish we had gotten more in the way of flash backs to the beginning of th
Marinella
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, erotic-romance
What a cover!!! Amazing...Perfect for Ian!

As a lot of people say, maybe I was expecting so much this book that it was impossible that I were not a bit disappointed. 3 stars and a half for me. Good story, good characters, but too much spy-story (I was confused sometimes, and thanks God I have discovered from the comments of various readers that that was not due to my not-being-english-speaker or dumbness) and not the chemistry and the renowed building of a life-story that I expected from Ian and
Aly is so frigging bored
The review will be up on this link on the 5th: http://alysmiscellany.wordpress.com/2...

For other reviews and fun stuff visit my blog^
Tara Taylor
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can not wait for this to drop
aina pasi
May 17, 2013 marked it as to-read
taking too long...hurry up!!!
Jacque
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th book in the series. I guess this could be read as a stand alone but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think you would get the full impact of all the characters if you started with this book. The previous books could have been read out of order there was some cross over but not like in the 5th book. The 5th book is the story of Ian and Charlotte. All of the other characters had their story told in the previous books.

I would have given this 5 stars but I wanted more kink. There was
Stephanie
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really feels like a turning point in the series and I loved every minute of it. The way the epilogue ended has got me salivating for the next!
Chris
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
I think this one is my favorite.
Steph
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I like to judge my enjoyment of a book on how much I'd like to harm a MC or two. Due to my desire to throat punch Ian repeatedly throughout LOVE AND LET DIE, I'm a huge fan of this one!

When Ian Taggart's wife Charlotte died 5 years ago, something in him died with her. But it turns out his beloved wife didn't really die, and Ian is PISSED! Grumpy on a good day, Ian's livid that Charlotte played him for a fool all those years ago, working with his enemy Eli Nelson and likely laughing be
Malissa
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fast and Furious, just finished, review may change later.

So my immediate thoughts are...okay, we can keep on keeping on with this series. I enjoyed the relationship between Ian and Charlie, but I particularly loved Charlie's attitude. She was more than willing to throw down or step up when she needed to. She was no damsel in distress, she was rather a woman in love. I could have done with her giving Ian a bit more grief, particularly with his wish-washy attitude toward their relationship. The gu
starsaga
A good addition to the series, but the book was way too busy.

I love this series of books, this was when we finally got to see Ian Taggart get his woman and possibly his comeuppance at the same time. I liked the back-story, it was interesting to see him as a figure of tragedy though. That was a little difficult for me to take, especially because the spy part of the story was so terribly involved and confusing. I think the book would have been better for me if it had been less about Eli Nelson, th
Linda
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Overall this story line was good, I felt that Charlie ( Charlotte) after what she did to Ian, she should of had to beg Ian a little more andi think Ian took a little to long coming to terms with his feelings toward her. I was definately expecting more sex than was in the book however the background story absolutely pulled me in.
Chrlie and her sister have spent the last 5 years brokering information and on the run from the Russian mob , but as you learn Chelsea has been getting them in deeper ma
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.5 stars. I was excited for this installment of the Masters and Mercenaries series, because it was Ian and Charlotte's book. Finally we got to find out what happened in Ian's past to make him the way he is - hardened and somewhat bitter about love. We had met Charlotte (view spoiler) in the previous book in the series, and now she is back in hopes to make it right and to prove her love to Ian. I enjoyed watching Ian succum ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Guilty Pleasures: Love and Let Die 5 17 May 12, 2014 09:07PM

• Back in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #9)
  • Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Demonica Underworld, #6; Demonica, #17; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1)
  • Siren in Bloom (Texas Sirens, #6)
  • Justify Me (Stark International Trilogy #4.5; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Lost in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #4)
  • One to Keep (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #3)
  • His to Protect (Bodyguard Bad Boys #2.5; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Found in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #5)
  • Siren Beloved (Texas Sirens, #4)
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Pure Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #6)
  • Their Virgin Princess (Masters of Ménage, #4)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Masters and Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Master No (Masters and Mercenaries, #9)
  • From Sanctum with Love (Masters and Mercenaries, #10)
  • Dominance Never Dies (Masters and Mercenaries, #11)