Start by marking “Something New Under the Sun (Falling Sky, #2)” as Want to Read:
Something New Under the Sun (Falling Sky, #2)

Something New Under the Sun (Falling Sky #2)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  327 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
Liam Lansing is heir to a prominent family of bio-modified vampires. That is, until he chooses the wrong lover and is cast down to the Gutter to scrape for his life.

Daniel Harding is heir to Cybernetix and a prince of the corporate Sky. That is, until his ideology drives his father to put a price on his head, forcing him into the Gutter.

But Daniel and Liam won’t vanish m
Published January 21st 2013 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Something New Under the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something New Under the Sun

Ingela
3 1/2 Stars - action-packed adventure set in a dystopian future - more suspense than a romance perhaps...

Something New Under the Sun is a 200-page novel that is an direct sequel to the novella, A Chip in His Shoulder. A great novella that I loved!!

Everything takes place in an dystopian future world in LA.
The vampire Liam and his human lover Daniel are when this begin prepared to do everything possible to crush and ruin Daniels unscrupulous father and his company Cybernetix. After Daniel's fathe
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, glbt, rainbow-gay
This sequel was very entertaining. I missed the conflict between Liam and Daniel for their shared past, but the action made up for it. While the previous book took place in a close space, this one takes us from the Gutter to the Sky and back.

I was happy to see Daniel put his life on the line for Liam (view spoiler). He has to sacrifice his ideals and to accept that sometimes the things you hate are the same things that can save you. Liam is a little less impo
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
4 Fantastic Stars for

I Loved Both MCs...

"Daniel A Cybernetix and a Prince and He Was HAWT!

Liam A Bio Vampire... All Alpha Yum...And So Intriguing

I Loved ~

♥The Romance
♥The Writing
♥The Pacing
♥The Plot
♥The World Building
♥The Action

♥This love story is told in Daniel's pov~ he is in love with Laim and he's on a mission to keep himself and Laim alive. Laim is deeply in love with him too and together they will not tolerate being apart again~ (view spoiler)
Ami
First thing first ... since I read book #1 about 14 months ago, I totally didn't remember ANY of the details (and unfortunately my own review didn't help, damn it *lol*) from the previous story. Although I did notice that there was a change in main narrator -- this time, Daniel Harding, the heir to Cybernetix, who was also a member of the anti-mod movement, was talking the role in narrating the story.

For around 50k+ words, this story moved fast! It was quite a page-turner, and I didn't have any
Kazza
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really, really liked A Chip in His Shoulder but I loved Something New Under the Sun. This book is clever, the plot is perfect, there is pretty much wall-to-wall action, and when there isn't, something pertinent to the plot is happening. Great characters, great world building - I wanted a bit more to give that full edgy, gritty, dystopian feel last time, and L A Witt really delivered it here. These two books are so good they could easily be made into a movie. Full review at http://ontopdownunde ...more
Bev

Had to read this one, couldn't wait to follow up the first book and see what happens, and whether our two guys kick that piece of s**t of a father to the 'Gutter' where he belongs!! 4.5 stars

At the end of the last book, Liam and Daniel had come up with a sort of plan to take down Cybernetix. This involved stealing the UV 'mod' which helps vamps in sunlight so they don't turn all crispy at the edges!! They do manage to steal the chip, but not without a lot of problems...both are injured, and no
Bookwatcher
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sci-fi readers searching a good serie with vampires
After the first book of this serie A Chip in His Shoulder by L.A. Witt I was dying to know how the story would end... So got this book immediately!
Did I like this one more, less or equally?
Hummmm hard to say.

This book is all Daniel point of view. He NEED to show the world his father is the worst possible criminal of that era. The story begin immediately where book one end, and... It's a NON STOP kind of story. No time to think, to rest, to NOTHING! One action after another, explosions, running, fighting for their lives.... Yes, "
Jacq
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Whew! What a fun read.
1. Chemistry to boot.
2. Action to die for.
3. Plot full of interest.
4. Humor that make you smile.
5. Simply well written.
Brandilyn
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-2013
You can see my full review here: http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?p=2783

Something New Under the Sun is the second book in the Falling Sky series by L.A. Witt and my 3rd attempt at reading Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk tends to focus on a dystopic society with high technology and lots problems. In my (admittedly limited) experience they also are chalked full of social commentary. The Falling Sky series is no different.

Some background: Liam is a vampire (which is a voluntary mod in this world) and was in
Helle
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I'm with Kazza K. I really liked the first one but this one ROCKED. Some of the tightest writing I've read in quite some time for a MM anchors this one. Love Liam and Daniel and they are just perfect together. They have that ambiance that makes you feel comfortable with them - they belong together. There is some humor as well - not enough to kill the kick ass suspense type mood but just here and there to ease the tension. The world is very well built and you get a great picture of it in your hea ...more
Sophia
Oh what a pleasant surprise when I picked up this sequel to 'A Chip in His Shoulder' and found that it switched to Daniel's point of view after getting Liam's in the first one. I started in with anticipation because I knew things were going to get 'off the hook' exciting and they did.

Daniel and Liam escaped with their lives in the first book after Daniel's dad set them up to get killed so he could suppress the truth. Harding was a real piece of work, but in this sequel he proves that his heart c
Sheri
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You like action flicks, right?
*passes jumbo bucket of popcorn*
You are gonna love this then.

Somebody call Hollywood quick! It’s a crying shame this is not gracing the big screen. I felt like I was reading a script for a blockbuster.
I could visual each and every scene with pristine clarity.
It was action packed from start to finish, and it was fabulous.

It has all the highlights…thrilling suspense, undying romance, endless action, and some desperate hot sex tossed in too.
I enjoyed the first book i
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
As usual, LW does fawesomely in painting a world clearly: I knew where each character was physically within each scene (sounds simple but sometimes this factor is put on the backburner by some writers), I could feel the heat, atmosphere and otherwise, could feel my own throat constricting against the dust and dank of the Gutter, could picture the falsely bright perfection of the Sky. Most of all, the bond between Daniel and Liam was inescapable, especially for them.

Both of them came from POV's o
Lasha
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it

I absolutely loved LA Witt’s A Chip In His Shoulder, it was my first and only 5 star book review on Reviews by Jessewave. So, I was overjoyed when I found out a sequel would be released this year, and LA Witt has not disappointed. As with the first book, Ms. Witt has created a unique world where the elite live in the “Sky,” and the down-trodden live in the “Gutter.” While both protagonists come from the Sky as privledged men of power, vampire Liam Lansing was thrown into the Gutter for
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Something New Under the Sun by L.A. Witt led this reviewer on a journey of intrigue and convictions. Liam Lansing is a bio-modified vampire living in the Gutter, ex-assassin and trying to survive. Daniel Harding, the once heir to Cybernetix is also in the Gutter, and still attempting to live by the principles he holds near and dear to his heart. Liam and Daniel, betrayed by the very people who should love and support them, band together to stop Daniel’s father and his cyber-terrorism.

Ms. Witt wr
SueM
This is a very good sequel to Witt's A Chip in His Shoulder.

Daniel and Liam, having survived Daniel's father's attempt to kill both of them, find their love and sexual chemistry are the only aspects of themselves that have remained unchanged in the 5 years they were apart. Both men have had to sacrifice a great deal to survive those years, and it seems, they will have to sacrifice more if they are to succeed in bringing Daniel's father to justice.

I enjoyed this story, but as is often the case wi
Becky Condit
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!

I was totally enthralled by this book written by LA Witt. She has written a gritty, no holds barred tale that blends murder, kidnapping, corruption, high tech espionage and betrayal into a seamless mix that proves that with love, passion, courage and the willingness to sacrifice everything, anything is possible.

See Trish's complete review Jan. 24, 2013 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

Leave a comment to win prizes! Details in the review.
Ayanna
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Bio-modified vampires"? Betrayal of core beliefs? How could I possibly help myself...?

The book itself is good and its implications rather fascinating, but I don't know if I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Something about it seemed a little too easy, but hey, after all that upheaval, I suppose the characters deserve a little HEA/HFN...
Janna
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, paranormal, m-m
Originally posted at Rarely Dusty Books

Genre & Keywords:
M/M Romance, Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Suspense, Murder, Violence, Family, Vampire

~~~~~
Rating: 4.75 out of 5 stars
Heat level: 2.5 out of 3 flames
~~~~~

Something New Under The Sun is the sequel to A Chip in His Shoulder (which I reviewed here) and it’s even better than that first book! I really like the world that Witt created in this series. In the first installment we first learned about the futuristic, paranormal worl
Loves To Dive
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Liam Lansing was cast out of the Sky to live in the Gutter by his prominent vampire family and turned himself to a lethal assassin. Daniel Harding was heir to Cybernetix until he turned cyber-terrorist against his own father. The two were lovers torn apart in the past but are now back together and determined to bring down the corporate giant that is out to kill them and those they love. Secrets will be revealed, honor questioned and a love that knows no bounds strengthened if Daniel and
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I’m going to try to contain my excitement for this book so bear with me.

SOMETHING NEW UNDER THE SUN is book two in the Falling Sky series and OMG, THIS BOOK IS SO FREAKING AMAZING!

Well, that lasted about two seconds.

But seriously though…I discovered L.A. Witt’s writing very recently. After having read her Christmas short called “Candy Caning” (great title!) in the Come All Ye Kinky Anthology, I knew I had found a new M/M author who captures the wit, the characters and t
Grammy 1
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5*****Stars

The first part of this series, A Chip On His Shoulder was a stunning 5*****Star read for me. Ms. Witt gave us a world of the haves and the have nots. The Haves lived above the crumbling Gutter, with light from the sun, clean air and all the best in life. Science had brought them to Mods, modifications that when purchased could give them mortality, strength, replacement limbs and anything else money could by. But the price....

Scientific Corporations manufactured the Mods; production wa
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Rebel forces in a cyberpunk world fighting the good fight is a trope I adore. Ms. Witt's conclusion to her debut "A Chip in His Shoulder" with edgy publishing company Riptide is HAWT. Liam and Daniel return in this fast paced tale of betrayal, redemption and love lost.

Something New under the Sun breaks open the conspiracy against vampires. Daniel's father is a psychopath. Any person who uses children as collateral against their parents is an evil person in my book. Ms. Witt can create some chill
Secretly Reading
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads, fantasy, mm
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: I shouldn’t have started with this second book in the series as I felt dropped into the middle of the plot and the romance and felt lost in both the entire book.

Why I Read this Book: I’ve enjoyed L.A. Witt’s books and love sci-fi so I thought this would be a good combo.

What I Liked: I like sci-fi and this book offered that in the world building. Some people have mods or small nano-bots that regulate the body and heal. Then there are humans who
Deanna Against Censorship
Conclusion of this new take on vampires. LA Witt created a harsh fantasy world in this short story. Lots of action. She knows how to write.

Twenty-four hours. Lucky him. It had been less than that since I’d been waiting to die in my penthouse. Surviving? That had been unexpected. Waking up naked in a cramped Gutter apartment next to my ex-lover assassin? Yeah. That came out of the fucking blue.

How terrible to realize your father has more in common with the devil than with humanity in any form

Kristie
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmmm, I'm kinda all over the place with this one. On one hand, this was totally unbelievable. There is so much action and story thrown into a weeks time for both Daniel and Liam, it is OTT. On the other hand, I liked the back story and really want to get more from it. How the society works, how did it start, why the mods came to be, where did they go from here... For me, there were a lot of unanswered questions. I like a quick moving story, but this one moves too fast.

In spite of all of that, I
Teresa
This series should be made into a movie! Action, suspense, drama and romance! Well developed world, characters and cool sci-fi tech. We see the story from Daniel's point of view this time and I enjoyed his voice. Loved it!

ETA: I've been thinking about this book a lot. I wish I was eloquent enough to write the review it deserves. I would compare it to the movies Elyssium and Demolition Man, as on the surface they are quite similar, but I think this has enough different points to make it unique.
Beckey
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting and unique sci-fi paranormal story with M/M relations. The book has some intriguing elements that can captivate your attention, at least to this reader it did.
The book was fast paced, that I found an enjoyable book to read.
This book may be a part of series but could be read as a single (something I like).
Sunne
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah...done in one setting. I should have done some work at home but I prefered to read ;)

What can I say, I liked it. It's fast paced and thrilling, the setting is well done and I liked everything about it - even the fact that the sex didn't have a prominent place in the book.
  • Incursion
  • Fragile Bond
  • Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1 (Josh of the Damned, #3)
  • First Watch
  • Sucks & Blows
  • He Is Worthy (Warriors of Rome, #2)
  • 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1)
  • Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings, #2)
  • Blessed Isle
  • Grown Men (HardCell, #1)
  • Santuario (Santuario, #1)
  • Break and Enter (Red Cell #1)
  • Seven (The Others Project #1)
  • The City War (Warriors of Rome, #3)
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lover
  • Line and Orbit (Root Code, #1)
  • When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1)
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn't lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies.

She also has substantially more ti
More about L.A. Witt

Falling Sky (3 books)
  • A Chip in His Shoulder (Falling Sky, #1)
  • Falling Sky: The Complete Collection

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99