Start by marking “A God for All Seasons: Inspiration and Reflection for All Times” as Want to Read:
A God for All Seasons: Inspiration and Reflection for All Times

A God for All Seasons: Inspiration and Reflection for All Times

4.81  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Published August 1st 2012 by Booklocker.com

To ask other readers questions about A God for All Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A God for All Seasons

Judy
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Encouraging Words!

Author Patti Tingen takes us through some real life situations that she and her husband has faced. Situations that many of us have gone through. What I learned from reading this inspiring book is it is o.k. to have feelings of being alone and have feelings of hopelessness as long as we don't lose faith and hope and walk away from our amazing God. She uses God's word to keep us on track. A God For All Seasons makes sense. We all go through different seasons at different times. W
M.M. Hudson
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Time For All Seasons is a year long reflection in author Patti Tingen's life. She notes from the beginning that often we reflects our lives based on the seasonal changes of winter, spring, summer and autumn. In this book she discusses how our lives should and do changes through the months and how those changes help us to grow spiritually.

Mixed with Biblical scripture, stories of her husband's journey, and her own personal journey, her month to month reflections help to guide the reader into a
Kay M
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devotional
The subtitle says “Inspiration and Reflection for All Times”, which is a great description of this thought-provoking book of encouragement. I love the way it is set up, with essays for each season and month. The introduction prepares the reader for what is to come with the beloved scripture from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, which begins “There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven…” (NLT)

I’ve been reading this wonderful little book along with the months that go by. With godl
Jane
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A powerful book to inspire one to grow in God. I recommend you read it as Spirit directs. He knows what day you need to read each season.
Our lives change as we grow from babies to adults. And each season brings new struggles and battles. But God is in all of them. When circumstances are hard fall down before God in worship. One has nothing when we come into this world and nothing when we leave
. I have been walking through a dark valley. It's not over but the season of Oct. and Nov. show me I'l
Ashley
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
A God for All Seasons by Patti Tingen is built around Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. This is the chapter which contains the well-known verses that state, “There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under Heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to rebuild. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A ...more
Jalynn Patterson
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

As nature's seasons change, so too do the seasons of our soul. But God's love never changes. He is with us through every season of our lives. Join author Patti Tingen in a year of exploration as she reflects on her own spiritual journey, and provides hope and encouragement for yours - month by month, season by season. Find reassurance and pause for reflection in the inspirational readings for each month of the year.

About the Author:

Patti Tingen is an award-winning author and speak
Becky
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Tingen writes this book from a unique perspective--she arranges her writings to harmonize with the four seasons of the year: winter, spring, summer and fall. She has a beautiful way of writing that is very endearing. Biblical truths are described in down-to-earth, easily understood ways, and touches of humor abound. The author sees God in many everyday situations that will make you take a second, or even third, look around you.

This is a very positive book, and it offers hope for everyday, a
Shirley Scurlock
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cwa-review
Patti Tingen/ A God For All Seasons

ISBN: 978-1621417705| List Price: $13.95|Format: Softcover | Page Count: 110

Hope for all seasons. Encouragement for all times. Love from God for all year. "There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NLT)

"A God for All Seasons: Inspiration and Reflection for All Times" takes the reader on a yearlong journey, month by month, season by season. Each chapter correlates with a month of the year, offering personal test
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a good devotional to kick start your year? If so, I highly recommend A God for All Seasons by Patti Tingen.

Filled with wonderful insights and words of wisdom, the author has looked at each season throughout the year and month by month created a devotional that will help you focus on an area of your spiritual life that might need improving or encouragement.
Because I read this book for the purpose of review, I had to go through it before the entire year was up, but now I am re-
Sheila
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, devotional

“The seasons of the year have often been used as pictures of life; I think the months are also such pictures,” says author Patti Tingen in her introduction to A God for All Seasons. She then proceeds to give each season and month a value, offering reasons for readers to be thankful in all things, even the cold dark times where we learn we need the light.

Opening in winter, the book starts with December’s hope as a woman looking for angelic assistance hears instead a still, small voice. Short tale
Johanna
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
description

In this multiple award-winning book (Reader’s Favorite, Feathered Quill), author Patti Tingen takes readers through the four spiritual “seasons” of our lives, sharing scriptural truths and powerful testimonies of God’s unfailing love through it all.

Change is a natural part of life, but for most of us it is a difficult process fraught with fear. Change can be difficult, confusing, and painful- or, as A God For All Seasons explores, it can be an exciting opportunity for spiritual growth as we lea
Renee K
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful written book. I really enjoyed reading this. I love how Patti Tingen uses the seasons of the year to take you through the ups and downs of our walk with our God. Following God is not always easy, at times you feel hopeless and alone but God is with you.
Patti shares her own experiences from her life and her personal relationship with God. What a wonderful book full of encouragement. What a reminder of God’s love for use in all circumstances of life. The scriptures are very fitt
Karen
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
In the introduction there are wonderful scriptures taken from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.
Each season begins with a scripture and description of the seasons, example, changes in the air, trees etc.
Patti wrote from her heart in this book and blessed me by how she broke up the seasons and shared scriptures … Here is an example: WINTER/December is a time for hope/January is a time for renewing/February is a time for waiting.
LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! It helped me look at the scriptures in a more personal way!!!
Momma Frugal
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I love inspirational books that I can relate too. And with being able to look at different inspirations during specific times during each season is wonderful!

Ms. Tingen does a terrific job with this book. Below is part of an excerpt for the month of July.

"Fireworks, picnics, parties and fun-July is here and it's time to celebrate! So run barefoot through the grass, take a splash in a swimming pool, set off a firecracker and let the watermelon juice run down your chin.
Fran Macilvey
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'A God For All Seasons' by Patti Tingen

Patti has written a very carefully considered and thoughtful guide for reflection through the year. Starting with December, each month has a theme, illustrated with real-life examples of the daily concerns and joys that we all encounter. Each chapter is enlivened with real-life examples of coincidence and stories that help us to appreciate the meaning in quoted scriptures.

I am unsure why I took so fondly to this volume. It could be that every word speaks t
Shauna
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is PHENOMENAL!

Just as there are season in nature... So too we have season in our lives and in our spiritual and emotional development.

Patti starts out by sharing her "winter season" where life was really dark and cold and dreary.

Learning from that season Patti understood that:

"Life is never static. Physical, emotional, financial and spiritual ups and downs are all a part of this journey called life."

Patti realized that she was experiencing something actually wonderful...

Now she shares
Christy
A God for All Seasons is a wonderful book based on Ecclesiastes 3:1. There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven. Author Patti Tingen uses the seasons and months to describe the different seasons of our lives. Each month has a different devotional using a topic according to the season the month falls in.

It is a very well written book and each devotional is told in a conversational way that is really easy to read. And each devotion I've read so far has taught me a gr
Jessica
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I received this book for review from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way influenced my review.

Filled with personal experience and inspiration, A God for All Seasons is a wonderful inspirational book. I loved Patti Tingen's use of personal stories to illustrate her points of discussion. I enjoyed her allegories to the changing weather as advise for our spiritual seasons. Her theme of God's love never changing is a great inspiration for any and every season in your life.
Barton Jahn
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A delightful, well-written book in which author Patti Tingen takes us through some of the common ups and downs, joys and challenges of our Christian walk of faith. This book offers mature Christian insights based upon real-life experiences to match the changing seasons of the year, which we can relate to and be encouraged by. An excellent read.
Michelle Bowles