Start by marking “The Boy's Book of Adventure: The Little Guidebook for Smart and Resourceful Boys” as Want to Read:

Here's an exciting book packed with facts about nature, ideas for outdoor activities, and fun-to-do crafts projects that will keep boys interested and busy all year round. It's filled with color illustrations and diagrams that teach kids--
How to recognize different kinds of insects and observe their activities How to identify different kinds of rocks How to read a topogr
Published July 1st 2013 by B.E.S. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Boy's Book of Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boy's Book of Adventure

Start your review of The Boy's Book of Adventure: The Little Guidebook for Smart and Resourceful Boys
Renee
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My kids and I reviewed this book for Mother Daughter Book Reviews. Here are our thoughts:

SON SAYS:

This is the best book ever and I want to read it every single day. I’ve already made the compass and learned to tie knots – that was a lot of fun! I really liked reading about the snakes and the rocks. Some of the things I want to try making are the periscope, building the teepee, and making the telephone. I think this book is good for all boys and some girls like my Mom.

MOM SAYS:

When Barron’s Edu
Eva Wong
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is great with all the exciting information and answers to many things. It sparks my kids' curiosity. I saw another for girls. I strongly dislike the title and how gender bias this serious of books is. Boys can learn too cook and girls can enjoy outdoors just as much. Stop feeding my kids with ideas that girls should do the cooking, paint their nails, etc I'm going to use a red marker and put a big cross on the word "Boy's" on the cover.
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this book for my 11 year old son for his birthday. Contrary to what some may believe, it is perfectly acceptable and OK for boys and girls to have something labeled and geared toward their stereotypical gender! I'm so tired of people gasping at things being labeled for boys or girls. It really is OK for them to have something of their own! Thank for you making something geared toward the typical boy who can celebrate and be proud of being a typical boy. Believe it or not, there are still m ...more
Ginger
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Since BSA is a thing of the past, I wanted to find a book to send to my youngest grandson (11). This is what you found in one of the cub scout books rather than the boy scout manual. It seems like any boy of 9 or 10 would love it. And it may give them the incentive to do something other than play insidious video games. But...I wish it had been titled kid's book of adventure, because I loved activities like this as a girl.
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was awsome because you can look at stuff and say oh i know that👍🏽🤩
James
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was cool. It told me a lot of experiments I could do. It told me a lot stuff I didn't know.
Bethany
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
There were some serious culturally inappropriate images throughout the book. I had to tear out some of the stickers and cover the image on the back.
nelli
Evs
Jan 02, 2018
K
Jun 30, 2018 added it
good
Susan McCrobie
Jan 20, 2020
Joshua Butler
Sep 04, 2017
The Happy
Jun 03, 2020

• If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • Matilda
  • Geronimo's Valentine (Geronimo Stilton, #36)
  • My Name Is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton (Geronimo Stilton, #19)
  • Geronimo Stilton, Secret Agent (Geronimo Stilton, #34)
  • The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2)
  • Mouse Paint
  • The Paper Bag Princess
  • Where the Wild Moms Are
  • Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland
  • Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye (Geronimo Stilton, #1)
  • Surf's Up, Geronimo! (Geronimo Stilton, #20)
  • The Kingdom of Fantasy (The Kingdom of Fantasy #1)
  • Paws Off, Cheddarface! (Geronimo Stilton, #6)
  • The Mona Mousa Code (Geronimo Stilton, #15)
  • Valentine's Day Disaster (Geronimo Stilton, #23)
  • I'm Too Fond of My Fur! (Geronimo Stilton, #4)
  • The Mummy With No Name  (Geronimo Stilton, #26)