Start by marking “Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies that Turn Customers into Fans” as Want to Read:

What's better than getting new customers? Turning existing ones into FANS. Everything marketers need to know to find, engage, and leverage the power of brand evangelists

"Think Like a Rock Star" provides step-by-step instructions that show marketing professionals how to connect with customers both online and offline to create a truly fan-centric brand. Using case studies of
Published April 16th 2013 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Think Like a Rock Star, please sign up.
Mack Collier Thank you Catherine! Thanks for checking out Think Like a Rock Star! I have considered writing a book that compliments TLARS, and if I do it would pro…moreThank you Catherine! Thanks for checking out Think Like a Rock Star! I have considered writing a book that compliments TLARS, and if I do it would probably be based on the ideas in this post - http://mackcollier.com/the-passion-pr...(less)

Start your review of Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies that Turn Customers into Fans
Kenya Wright
So this is a diamond to a writer or anyone with a company or something to market!

What I love about this book is that it's so positive and focused on pleasing your book's fans versus shoving books and content down their mouths.

I for one hate the Guerrilla Tactic Marketing approach or even the Writers against Readers approach, where it's so mistrustful and ends up alienating the marketer.

This book shows you how to market your book by simply treating your fans with respect and giving them more Val
Angie
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Grateful Dead have their Deadheads. Lady Gaga has her Little Monsters. Jewel prefers to call her fans "Everyday Angels."

Only time will tell what readers of THINK LIKE A ROCK STAR will be called, but one thing is certain. Mack Collier will have his own fan following after penning this title.

That's because THINK LIKE A ROCK STAR is so engaging, well written and useful that it should be required reading not only for marketing and PR professionals but for anyone who represents a brand, from the
Kerry O'Shea Gorgone
Fantastic book on connecting with your most loyal customers, and empowering them as brand advocates. Mack bases lessons on the way rock stars grow their fan base by interacting and engaging with their fans in a genuine way.

I've adopted this book as a text for my graduate class in New Media Marketing. My students range from solopreneurs to employees at large companies (and every type of organization in between): they can all apply Mack's methods and achieve success by cultivating relationships wi
Kenna
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Relationship marketing is the fastest growing form of advertising because builds relationships with customers, resulting in them promoting the brand. When customers, not producers or employees, promote the brand, it broadens the customer base. As the old adage goes, "word of mouth is the best advertising."

Turning regular customers into brand advocates is the concept behind Mack Collier's book, Think Like a Rock Star.

So, why should companies think like rock stars?

Most companies seek to have a tra
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Where online marketers often try ot send out messages, sell products through online channels and web care teams do some cherry picking in their inbox, Mack Collier takes a radical different starting point. In Think Like a Rock Star How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies that Turn Customers into Fans the author turns to the artists and bands, that both offline and online really know how to engage with their fans. They’re fans too, loving music, performance and show. Truly engaging ar ...more
Mike
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rock stars don’t just sell music and merchandise to their fans. They embrace and empower their fans. They reward their most loyal fans with exclusives, sometimes even making them a part of the creative process. Brands should focus less on marketing to potential new customers, Instead they should give current customers the tools to become fans and brand advocates.

In this book, Mack shows you how you can create brand advocates in the same way rock stars have “super fans”. He teaches how to shift t
Shay Moser
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For almost a decade, I’ve been a freelance editor and writer after leaving the corporate world to raise my two children. Boy things have changed since 2004.

I’ve been integrating social media into my work experience in PR, marketing and magazine publishing over the past year. I quickly learned it is no longer only about writing for a large audience, sending faxes and updating media lists.

Thankfully I was introduced to Mack Collier and his book on a Twitter chat. “Think Like a Rock Star” was just
Joannah Keats
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, own
This review refers to the NetGalley edition of this title.

I'm giving this book 5 stars. Not because it is ground-breaking, earth-shattering, change-your-worldview amazing, but because I think that EVERYONE should read this book.

The bottom line, which Collier emphasizes throughout the book is this:

WHENEVER POSSIBLE, DO SOMETHING AMAZING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU.

That's not just a marketing or business principle - that is a pretty awesome guiding philosophy for LIFE, in my opinion.

But puttin
Teena in Toronto
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I find social media fascinating and marketing interesting ... so this book grabbed my eye.

Instead of being a boring step-by-step sales book teaching how to go out and get business, the concept is different. Treat your customers like fans. They are loving your brand so why not reward them so they will love you more? Instead of focusing on getting prospective clients, make existing customers feel special and they will become ambassadors for your products and spread the word among their trusted cir
Lauri Rottmayer
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book! I was drawn in right from the start as the difference between how rock stars treat their fans and how brands treat their customers was laid out. With terrific, real life examples of how rock stars engage their fans to bring about an amazing, unbreakable connection, Collier gives step-by-step instructions for how you can bring your brand to rock star level. At the end of each chapter, you'll find a Backstage Pass to help you work your plan. There is a lot of excellent in ...more
Lisa Myers
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Think Like A Rock Star empowers you with proven ideas from successful Rock Stars, business people and major corporations on how to embrace your customers by turning them into die-hard fans. This book is like the zippo lighter, igniting your fans to stay with you, the Rock star, as they burn and beg for the encore. You will have to put the book down! Yes! You will have to put it down, even though you won't want to, so you can absorb and master the genius concepts and marketing strategies. I am am ...more
Catherine Carrigan
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
The idea of this book is better than it's execution. Here's the gist: focus on relationship marketing. Reward your loyal fans and they will bring you more business. The writing felt formulaic. I hoped for greater insight, but you can get the idea of the book in these few sentences.
Alison Law
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
If you want to organize, nurture, and indoctrinate your fan base, you have to also empower them and provide value for them on a regular basis--not just when you need something. This is the main argument in Mack Collier's THINK LIKE A ROCK STAR. The anecdotes, case studies, and suggested steps apply mostly to large corporations, but it doesn't take too much imagination to leap from big business to small brand.
Dianah
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Wasn't my favorite kind of reading material - and it was definitely written for older marketing execs looking to incorporate social media into their plans. Although, it did have some cool insight and interesting strategies.
Katharine
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Practical book for Marketers!

I think this is one of the more practical marketing books I've read. I love the idea of generosity behind the way a "rock star" connects with his fans.
Fee
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
there is some good advice but I expected more 'rock star' examples.
Jax
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The lists in the book got awfully long and there were many redundancies. The information made sense and the case studies were sound. Overall, I feel that I learned a lot from this book.
Alex
Oct 29, 2013
Tanya Lee
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hey y'all, if you have any questions about TLAR, let me know! 1 2 Apr 01, 2013 04:06PM

• Breakpoints: How to Shift Your Business to the Next Level
  • Brilliant Customer Service
  • Protecting Your Internet Identity: Are You Naked Online?
  • The End of Power: From Boardrooms to Battlefields and Churches to States, Why Being In Charge Isn't What It Used to Be
  • TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking
  • 101 Ways to Open a Speech: How to Hook Your Audience From the Start With an Engaging and Effective Beginning
  • The Bluffer's Guide to Social Media
  • Unfriending My Ex: And Other Things I'll Never Do
  • The Genius Habit: How One Habit Can Radically Change Your Work and Your Life
  • The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
  • The Harvard Business Review Manager's Handbook: The 17 Skills Leaders Need to Stand Out
  • The One-Percent Edge: Small Changes That Guarantee Relevance and Build Sustainable Success
  • HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy (including featured article “What Is Strategy?” by Michael E. Porter)
  • Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House