Start by marking “Crazy Little Thing” as Want to Read:
Crazy Little Thing

Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  25,543 Ratings  ·  1,937 Reviews
Bell Harbor is a one-million copy bestselling series.

If Sadie Turner is good at anything, it’s putting stuff in order. So when she finds her “perfect” life in disarray, she hopes a summer vacation at her aunt’s lake house will help her piece it back together. She wants to relax, reboot, and heal the wounds left by her cheating ex-husband. And that requires time away from m
Published October 23rd 2012 by Montlake Romance (first published August 27th 2012)

Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this woman has a lovely style that is funny and intelligent! This book is like a refreshing Pinot Grigio with a hint of melon bouquet. It's the equivalent of flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers at the end of a hectic day when you can just curl up and read.
Willow Brook
I'm puzzled by so many very high ratings for this book. The first half of this book was especially unappealing to me. Sadie, the narrator, is bitter and whiney about her divorce. I get that divorce can be a terrible thing to go through, but I just found Sadie a drag to spend time with. The humor in this book also didn't hit the mark for me. Things improved for a while in the second half, but then Sadie went back to being self-pitying and angry. Every time she mentioned her friends who never phon ...more
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness...I have not loved a book this much in a long time. It just made me so happy...I laughed hysterically, I cried, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face when it was over. This was one I just didn't want to end...the characters were so well written, they are all so smart, silly and quirky. A definite must read :)
This one was a bit disappointing.

Crazy Little Thing started out promising. A newly divorced, mother of 2 small children, embarks on a vacation (of sorts) to her aunt's cabin on Lake Michigan. She is recovering in the aftermath of a painful divorce from an unfaithful husband and is seeking some male free drama and a time to rejuvenate.

I think my main problem is that I was expecting a romance when in reality this book has more of a "chic lit" vibe. Here's the definition of chic lit:
Chick lit is ge
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un 4,5.

Es la primera novela que leo de Tracy Brogan y me ha sorprendido muchísimo. Ya desde la primera página note que me iba a encantar y así ha sido, he disfrutado en todo momento y me ha dejado una sonrisa tonta en la cara mucho después de cerrarlo, solo con recordar alguna escena o a los personajes.
Y aunque sea el primero de la serie Historias de Bell Harbor, son libros independientes, con un cierre decente y personajes diferentes, lo único que tienen en común es el pueblo donde se desarrol
Jessica Mcgrane
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There should be a "tried to read but couldn't bear it" option. I didn't even get to the halfway point in this book. I actually felt traumatized when I finally put it down. The writing was mediocre at best, but what I hated most was the the main character. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about her and reading her innermost thoughts made me want to vomit. And the story? Blah.
This was the first book I've read by this author and it is a little different than the genres that I usually read. I have had it on my to-read list for quite awhile, but kept passing it by for one reason or another. I finally gave it a shot.

I really liked that the characters were pretty normal people, with normal real-life problems. I love to read romance novels, but sometimes they can be a little extreme. I mean, come on, not everybody is a cutter/suicidal/abused/irreparable. Sometimes, you jus
R.D. Raven
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This author has such a talent for humor. The story had me laughing out loud (yes, out loud) on so many occasions (guaranteed once per chapter at least, not to mention the neverending internal chuckles in almost every sentence!) After sitting down to read a few chapters I was always left with one of those warm, glowy feelings at the end of it. It really lifted my spirits.

The story itself was completely adorable, sweet, and believable. I loved the "dim the lights and close the door" appro
Dee Montoya
Crazy Little Thing is a delightful book about second chances. Sadie is trying to get over a messy divorce after her husband Richard AKA "Dick" cheated on her. Sadie is 30 years old, has two super cute kids and absolutely no confidence. Her crazy aunt Doty asks her to spend the summer at her house on the beach so she can relax and try to find her way back to happiness. Doty and her cousins Fontaine and Jasper also staying at the beach house will stop at nothing to help Sadie rebuilt her life. All ...more
Claire Robinson
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - 'Orgasmaphobia' & 'Rumpled Foreskin' Stars!

Crazy Little Thing is the first book I have read by Tracy Brogan, but it definitely won’t be my last. If an author/book makes me laugh I am generally a happy reader. And Crazy Little Thing delivered in spades on the humour front. The laughs started from the get-go with Aunt Dody confusing a Macchiato coffee with the actor Ralph Macchio and went from there.

Why not 5 stars then I hear you say, well for me Sadie was a little over the top when it
Jane Stewart
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: divorce
4 stars. Very enjoyable first person narrative. Don’t do the audiobook - terrible narrator. Read the paperback or ebook.

Story Brief:
Sadie and her children spend the summer with Aunt Dody and cousins. Sadie is recently divorced. She doesn’t want a new relationship, but she is attracted to Dody’s gorgeous neighbor Desmond.

I really enjoyed this. I smiled a lot. I liked being in Sadie’s head. I loved her interaction with her cousin Fontaine, a gay interior decorator. I enjoyed the developin
Tamra Baumann
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan is a fun and breezy read. Its set in a quaint Michigan beach town filled with characters that’ll make your own crazy relatives seem sane. The hero is sigh-worthy and the heroine is flawed in an ‘I Love Lucy Way’ that leads to some zany fun. You won’t find ‘the meaning of life’ in this book, but you’ll learn the definition of words like ‘orgasmaphobia’ and ‘flustration.’ I double dare you not to laugh.
Romily Bernard
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, yeah, sure I'm biased because Tracy rocks and I adore her, but, the woman can WRITE. Do yourself a favor and pick it up. You're going to LOVE this one!

Just edited to add: Am not surprised at all to report that Tracy nailed a 4-star review on RT Book Reviews. Pick her up now so you can be ahead of your friends :)
Caryl Brown
This book had me laughing out loud all the way through. Best line that had me gasping for breath: "To the uninitiated, a conversation with Dody was very much like playing whack-a-mole. You just never knew what would pop up next."

I'll definitely be checking out more of Tracy Brogan's novels.
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Questo libro mi ha riconciliato col romance, quindi forse sono stata anche esagerata nel valutarlo, ma erano secoli che non riuscivo più ad appassionarmi a un romance puro - o persino a sopportarlo. Ero arrivata a pensare di essermene stancata io, del genere in sé, invece la Brogan mi ha per fortuna dimostrato che non è così, è solo che forse la maggior parte dei romance che piacciono ora e che tutti consigliano non sono per me.
Questo lo è totalmente, a partire dallo stile, caratterizzato da un
Neïra Neïra
Me ha gustado el estilo narrativo, el modo de contarlo. La protagonista, Sadie, nos relata su historia con un punto de humor sarcástico que me enganchó enseguida.
Lo mejor del libro, los personajes secundarios. Son los que de verdad le dan fuerza a la novela; entrañables, divertidos y bien construidos.
Lo peor... el romance en sí no me ha dicho nada y la protagonista... ufff... demasiado infantil para ser una mujer adulta con dos hijos.
Entretenida, para pasar el rato, se lee en dos tardes.
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny book, loved all the characters! If you want something lighthearted to read, then read this! Its great.

Right I'm off to Starbursts to have a Ralph Macchhio! ;) (if you don't know what I mean, you have to read the book!
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Rated 4.5

I found this book so much fun even though the ex is a jerk.
Kimberly Kincaid
This book is both funny and poignant, and Tracy Brogan's voice carries it strongly from start to finish. Sadie is easy to relate to, Aunt Dody is utterly hilarious, and Des is just a yummy, yummy hero. A strong secondary cast and a charming setting round this one out perfectly. Definite keeper!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
A great lighthearted beach romance!
I did not like this narrator at all. She had the most annoying voices I have ever heard on an audiobook. But the story itself was pretty decent.
Oct 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

A pretty good contemporary romance about a woman who for a very good reason has trust issues. She flees her home to stay with her aunt for the summer. While there she meets her dream man, but her cheating ex-husband is the proverbial elephant in the room.

I listened to the audio version of this book and I have to say it was pretty awful. The narrator didn't really have the range to do the voices of all the characters. Sadie's aunt had a voice that could de-calcify your spine, and the voi
Crazy Little Thing is one of those feel good beach read that will leave you feeling great and satisfied. Nothing like a good romantic comedy to lift up our spirit and have a good laugh.

Sadie had recently divorced her prick of a husband, Richard, and together with her 6yo Paige and 4yo Jordan, she went to a summer vacation at her Aunt Dody's house at Bell Harbour. At one glance you knew Aunt Dody is a handful and she is as eccentric as a crazy aunt could be. The things that came out of Aunt Dody'
Nana Prah
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not since I started reading Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum novels has a book made me laugh out loud as much as Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan. I laughed throughout the book, snorting embarrassingly at times.

The woman is crazy (funny, not psycho) and I’m not sure if I’m talking about Sadie Turner, the heroine, or Tracy Brogan the author. One thing I do know is that Dody, Sadie’s lover of life aunt is a nutcase and a half, but in a good way. So many times throughout the book I shook my head
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadie Turner is a lovable character trying to restart her life after a divorce. She goes to live with her crazy aunt Dody and her two cousins who are constantly poking and prodding her to do things that she doesn’t think she is ready for yet—like dating! That’s when Desmond shows up. He is the mysterious runner she keeps seeing run past her aunt’s beach house who just happens to be gorgeous. Through a serious of missteps and efforts to resist the inevitable on the part of the still somewhat inse ...more
Jennifer McQuiston
I am one of those lucky enough to have had a peek at Tracy Brogan's debut novel, Crazy Little Thing, in advance of her official publication date. I highly recommend you open a bottle of wine, turn off the television, and make a date with Dody. The heroine of this wonderful novel is a sassy, smart-mouthed divorcee who is about to meet her match. Equal parts smart, witty, and poignant, Brogan is a writer I cannot recommend highly enough! So happy to see this well-deserving first book garnered a 4 ...more
Ashlyn Macnamara
As the front cover suggests, this makes a wonderful beach read. Naturally, I read it in the dead of winter. No matter when you read it, though, Tracy Brogan's humor will keep you smiling on about every page--when you're not outright laughing out loud. The characters are all well-rounded, but I especially loved the heroine's fabulous cousin Fontaine. I would happily read another story featuring the wacky residents of Bell Harbor. I hope to see some of them make a reappearance in the author's futu ...more
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Awwww! So funny and sweet- it was the perfect book to bring me out of a very long book funk. I love the characters- they truly hit my funny bone and I have so many lines highlighted that had me giggling and laughing out loud. I loved the slow simmering relationship that developed and that the characters were also dealing with very real and everyday issues. It made it that much more believable. Hooray! this book is a winner :)
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
in a book funk? grab this book! the story will warm your heart, make you fall in love, and most importantly: have you laughing your a$$ off. super cute and so damn funny. Tracy Brogan, you've won my heart! "Rumpled foreskin" seriously still lmao
Kindle Unlimited 6 27 Jan 26, 2015 07:32AM
Kindle Unlimited 1 7 Jan 16, 2015 04:39AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan 2 39 Jan 08, 2015 11:00PM
  • Meant to Be (Anchor Island, #1)
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Perfect on Paper: The (MIS)Adventures of Waverly Bryson
  • Just for Fun (Escape to New Zealand, #4)
  • Homecoming Ranch (Pine River, #1)
  • Wedding Date for Hire (Anyone But You, #2)
  • Making Waves
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe (St. Helena Vineyard, #1)
  • Sugar Springs (Sugar Springs, #1)
  • Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1)
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Contract with a SEAL (Special Ops: Homefront #3)
  • Barefoot in the Sand (Barefoot Bay, #1; Barefoot Bay Universe, #1)
  • Sweet Gone South (Gone South, #1)
  • Finding Bliss
  • The Second Chance Cafe (Hope Springs #1)
Bestselling author Tracy Brogan writes fun, funny stories about ordinary people finding extraordinary love.

Three times nominated by Romance Writers of America® for the prestigious RITA award for Best First Book in 2013, and Best Contemporary Romance in 2015 and 2016, Brogan has received the Amazon Publishing Diamond Award, the Booksellers Best award, has been on the Wall Street Journal Bestseller
More about Tracy Brogan...

Bell Harbor (3 books)
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Garden of Lies (Garden of Lies, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
“Apparently while I was reading
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Dating, he’d read The Guide to Dating a Complete Idiot.”
“Being surrounded by the people you loved is what made life... well, life.” 9 likes