Start by marking “Reclaiming Your Heart” as Want to Read:
Reclaiming Your Heart

Reclaiming Your Heart

Have you ever wondered where the abundant life Scripture promises is, and how you seem to have missed it? Do you ever catch yourself saying, "Those were the best years of my life?" A failed relationship, a health crisis, a job loss, the death of a loved one--all can cause us to hide out, go numb, give up. Before we even know it, we're simply coping with life instead of liv ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published February 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reclaiming Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaiming Your Heart

Start your review of Reclaiming Your Heart
Tricia
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, self-help
Some great insight, advice, and biblical truths, but a bit repetitive...
Cristi Schwamb
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highlighted many, many pages in this book. It was both convicting and encouraging at the same time. Jesus promises an abundant life, and this book showed me how to rely on God's truths to reclaim an alive heart -- a heart that fully lives and fully loves, even when that means facing fear, admitting imperfection, giving up control, or risking pain. ...more
Hassan
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
it's amazing, i loved it ....i loved everything about it

Melissa Kim
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now lets see if I can put action to the words I read.
Sandra Arroyo
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a book every woman should read. We need more women helping women get to where they need to. She surely will help you if you just listen and let her words sink in. A must read for women.
Janet Reeves
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reclaiming Your Heart by Denise Hildreth Jones is the companion book to the novel Secrets over Sweet Tea. It's the non-fiction book that explains concepts illustrated in the work of fiction. I love the way Jones planned that out! She has lived what she teaches, and she teaches it well. Both books minister effectively to those who are willing to be open to the message Jones presents.

In Reclaiming Your Heart, Jones talks about ways that people or life events can cause people to shut down their hea
Rebecca Holland
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Denise Hildreth Jones: Reclaiming Your Heart (A journey back to laughing, loving and living) - Tyndale, ISBN 9780104143-6683-8

Life happens no matter what we do to avoid it, not think about or change its direction. Stuff is going to happen. We will all go through, if we have not already, a failed relationship, health issues, unemployment or grieve over the loss of a loved one.

Many of us just kind of sweep it under the rug and go forward.

But then there are those of us who just let it all pile on u
Sheri Freeland
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found Denise Hildreth Jones "reclaiming your heart - A Journey Back to Laughing, Loving and Living" a life changing book. She is very open about her story of a "shut down " heart from her divorce and the journey God took her on to an open, changed heart. She reminds us through out the book that it is a journey and not a destination to having a reclaimed heart. I loved the chapter "Lessons from the Green" comparing golfing and the clubs we use to codependent behaviors that we adapt to our lives ...more
Brenda
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith, hope, grief, owned-real
Denise Hildreth Jones' latest book focuses on the hard things in life that shut down our hearts, and the crucial importance of fighting to keep our hearts open and alive in a difficult world. Each chapter describes a different type of shut-down heart - angry, controlling, disappointed, and fearful among them - how it got that way, and how to revive it. As with all of DHJ's writings (she and I have similar histories), this was very timely and applicable to me. I could benefit from a more in-depth ...more
Nora St Laurent
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a game changer and one that will change your life if you let it! I apopreciated this authors heart and transparency!

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”
April
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I related to it on so many levels and saw myself on every page, especially when the author shares about her first marriage and divorce, her story is so close to mine... I'm reading it again so I don't miss anything, I already feel more positive about my life, past and future, and my relationship with God ...more
Kate
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was good. I was sent this for free from Tyndale Publishers to read and review on my blog. Well written, personal story about how Hildreth Jones rebuilt her life after setbacks. A well done book - nice paper, nice typesetting.
Paula
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I would have given the book another full star had the author not quoted out of The Message for most of the scripture references. I absolutely despise it. The book does have a lot of good stuff in it. Just keep a REAL Bible handy!
Joe
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well written and has a message for anyone who has ever been hurt and needs to find hope and happiness again. Well worth the read. It is actually one of a few books I am reading again incase I missed something.
Rose
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So beautiful! I loved this book.
Cynthia
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Definitely a good book to read if you're going through struggles in life. For me, that's all the time, so yay for this book! ...more
Kayla Murphy
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! It's full of great information that a person can really relate to. ...more
Rispah
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
I loved this book, I could rate to it, there were times I cried, laughed. Beautifully written.
Keri Murcray
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great devotional book - very helpful and readable.
Jolee
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Slow going to start, but packs a powerful punch. Extremely insightful regarding the lies into which we buy.
Dec 13, 2019
May 21, 2013
Kristen
Apr 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The People of Sparks (Book of Ember, #2)
  • The Essential 55
  • The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
  • At First Sight (Jeremy Marsh & Lexie Darnell, #2)
  • The Choice
  • The Best of Me
  • A Bend in the Road
  • The Longest Ride
  • The Notebook/The Wedding
  • The Last Song
  • The Lucky One
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans, #4)
  • The Dearly Beloved
  • The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1)
  • Dear John
  • Redeeming Love
  • Safe Haven
Denise Jones is a southern girl who loves Jesus, SEC football, family, friends, good food and cold Coca-Colas. She is the mom of one shih-tzu, the bonus mom to five kiddo's and the husband of one Mr. Jones. She spends her time leading Reclaiming Hearts Ministries in her home of Franklin, TN. And every now and then she writes a few books.

You can email her at:
denise@reclaiminghearts.com

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...