Start by marking “A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift

(Mackenzies & McBrides #4.5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,094 ratings  ·  510 reviews
Revisit the Mackenzies in this heartwarming Christmas tale of the New York Times bestselling Mackenzies series.

The Mackenzies gather for a clan Christmas and Hogmanay in Scotland. In the chaos of preparations for the celebration--the first of Hart and Eleanor's married life--one of Ian's Ming bowls gets broken, and the family scrambles to save the day. Daniel busily runs
Published December 15th 2012 by JA / AG Publishing

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
First read May 6, 2015
Reread August 22, 2016
Re-reread July 1 2017
re reread 7/27/2020

A cute little novella. I love that you get to see the whole family. See them spend the holidays together. Fellows joins the holidays which I like. Mac and Iz had some cute moments. I enjoyed getting caught up with Cam, Ainsley, and Danny too. I love the hell outta Ian and Beth. They had some great news and Ian did something awesome for Christmas for his children. Ian always steals the show! I don't know what it i
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

AWESOME!!! Another great Christmas story, free for a limited time at all these locations:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mackenzie-Famil...

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-mac...

Apple https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/mack...

Kobo http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/eboo...

Smashwords : http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

Photobucket
5 brilliant stars!!!

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift is an amazing Christmas novella that wasn't too short, wasn't too long - in fact
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Mackenzie family celebrated Christmas together...

It was absolutely amazing...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And I loved every single second of it!

Sammy Loves Books
These MacKenzies are so randy!!!

d

What a wonderful book for anyone that loves these MacKenzies as much as I do. It's Christmas time and all the family come together to celebrate. It's total chaos with all the children running around, pregnant wives about to give birth, and lets not forget the MacKenzie dogs. They are Everywhere!!!

This was a light joyful read...until one of Ian's prize ming bowls gets dropped and the entire castle is on pins and needles waiting on Ian to fall apart. The last time
Jennifer Ashley
Made it. It's 12/15, and this book is out. See my website (http://www.jennifersromances.com) for links to Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords. Am working on the print edition. You can also sign up for an email blast for updates here:

Thanks to whoever set up this Goodreads page for the book!
Keri
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! Loved it!!! We get all of our beloved Mackenzie men in one place, at one time with their lovely ladies. What could be a better Christmas than that? But with a broken priceless Ming bowl, all believe that beloved Ian will be coming apart at the seams at any time. So Beth and Hart scramble to find a replacement before Christmas to avoid a ticking time bomb. We also get to meet some of the babies and the trouble that they can get into in a busy household. We get to meet our future heroe ...more
Kitten Mercer
"I don't need the bowls to give me peace anymore," Ian said. "I have you. And Jamie, and Belle. If all the Ming bowls in the world were smashed, I'd still have you. You broke the bowl, and it is gone. But you are here, and whole. Nothing else matters."

5 brilliant stars! I wasn't supposed to read this, not until after I've finished the other books. But I just couldn't help it, I can't get enough of Lord Ian Mackenzie and his Beth. My heart is swelling with happiness. Reading this novella was
Kelly22
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series/Fans of unique characters and innovative settings
5.00 Stars - Historical Holiday Romance.

Superb! Marvelous!

I sincerely thank Ms Ashley who has outdone herself with this beautiful novella with bits and pieces of events starring our favorite and unforgettable Mackenzie clan and more! Innovative as ever, Ashley once again draws in the readers with her beautiful writing, sensual storyline and poignant romance.

We get very satisfying glimpses of how the previous dazzling romance pairings in this series are faring about. There is intensity, laughter
KatLynne
5+ stars! Who can resist JA's Mackenzie brothers and their kilts? LOVED it!!

(view spoiler)["br"]>["br"]>
Wendy
Nothing like the Mackenzie brothers to give you the warm and fuzzies. This is puuuurrrrrrfect!
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Oh, wow! This truly is the perfect gift!

It's December 1884, and the Mackenzie family gathers at the Kilmorgan Castle for the holidays.
And, when I say "family" I mean the whole family! Ian and Beth, Mac and Isabella, Cameron and Ainsley, Hart and Eleanor, Daniel, David Fleming, Ainsley's brothers, Eleanor's father, Isabella's mother and sister, Lloyd Fellows, plus all the children and dogs. Let's not forget those dogs.

I've enjoyed reading this novella immensely. Seeing the Mackenzies together, an
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
This book has confirmed two things...

1. My complete love and devotion to all things Ian Mackenzie
2. My future love and devotion to all things Daniel Mackenzie.

This was a sweet tale of a Mackenzie Christmas now that all the wild Mackenzie brothers have found wife's they are in love with and devoted to. It was great to see some of the other couples again, especially Ian who still remains my favourite.

I can't wait to read the next book!
Stacie
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 "MacKenzie Clan" Stars!

I absolutely loved being with the MacKenzie Clan again. Catching up with the brothers, their wives and their growing families. Especially Ian; I adore Ian.
Makes me want to get back to this series very soon. There is lots of chaos going on with everyone being together for the holidays; as there is always something going on with The MacKenzie family. Daniel has grown into a very swooney worthy young Scotsman. I must get to his story soon. Happy reading!
♥Sharon♥
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it

Lovely holiday read! 💚

These McKenzie men!! 💙

And now I need to get to know the McBride men better. 🧡

Enjoyed being back with Hart, Mac, Cameron, Ian (he is my favorite) and David too. 💜

Their ladies and kiddo’s were great too. ❤️
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie
What? I read an in-between book. I only do this if I'm really into the series and this is a Christmas one! I was concerned if I missed out in anything and you really don't. If you don't like novellas or in-between books you can skip this one.

I wanted to read a Christmas theme book and it does have Christmas elements of it, but I think there was too much going on. Considering my favorite is Ian, I didn't really care for the other storylines. I kind of wished we got a little bit of new side charac
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!

I didn’t know how much I’d missed those sexy Mackenzies and what a treat to have them all gathered together with their wives and offspring. There’s so much going on in this story but Jennifer Ashley seems to balance all the different threads so perfectly.

At the heart of the book is the power of family and love and it’s wonderful to watch their overwhelming support of each other in times of trouble.

I love all the Mackenzie brothers but Ian stole the show for me. He simply me
Jennifer Ashley
The German edition of Mackenzie Family Christmas! It is out in E- worldwide, and the print edition just arrived:

Print: http://www.amazon.com/Das-Sch%C3%B6ns... (should be available in Germany via Amazon or Book Depository soon).

Ebook (Amazon Germany): http://www.amazon.de/Das-Sch%C3%B6nst...

This is also uploaded via XinXii, so should be available at many German e-book vendors.
Dianne
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ahh, the timeless Holiday traditions of family coming together! The accidents, incidents, craziness and chaos of loved ones gathering to celebrate another year, another life and the joy of family. Seems that even the brawny Mackenzie clan has its ups and downs when a huge gathering is planned.

A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift by Jennifer Ashley is a short, sweet and fun holiday read that proves nothing is better than having family, with all of their flaws, together to share in the
Teresa
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my idea of a perfect Christmas novella in an already established series. And I loved that it served two purposes: gave MacKenzie fans an extended epilogue of sorts for all the previous characters but also set up several future books (oh, I am so looking forward to Sinclair McBride!). There were several perfect moments for all but nothing more than Ian and Beth. I lived for all their glimpses in the background during his brothers’ books, but this gave so many more added moments. To see h ...more
Jen
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a pleasant holiday treat that brought together all of my favorite Mackenzie characters and their wives. My all time favorite book has always been "The Madness of Ian Mackenzie" as he has Asperger's Syndrome just like my oldest daughter. So, to get to read another story with Ian in it is a bonus for me and one that I enjoyed very much. Jennifer Ashley is an author whom I adore, and I read everything that she writes and enjoy her stories immensely.
This story brings the Mackenzie clan toge
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: highlander-books
Quick Review:

"The Perfect Gift" was a great read. It was like a gift to all the readers who would love to see what the holidays with the Mackenzie clan are like.

I loved it, and Ian really says the sweetest things.

Ian bought another one of his priceless Ming bowls and Beth accidentally broke it. The whole family pitches in to try to replace it. We see each couple from previous books, we see Daniel growing up, and we even see the newest Mackenzie brother Fellows.

This was my favorite Christmas rea
Gina
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, warm, happy, Christmas and New Year's with the entire Mackenzie Clan. It was not without it's drama of course, one of Ian's Ming bowls get broken (oh dear), we get to witness Hart's first child born (oh my god I cried) and get to see Cameron in a boxing match. And of course lots of tender, sexy moments with the men and their wives. (oh my heart be still).

And I assume we got a glimpse into future books. yes oh yes!

I loved this gem and it was a perfect holiday with the Macken
Jan
Quite long for a novella, and much better than novellas usually are, maybe because it's about characters already established in the previous books, that we already know and love. I would definitely not recommend reading this book unless you have read at least some of the previous books. Ian especially is featured in this story, so his book at least is a must-read before this one.

It's a lovely story set in Scotland around Christmas and Hogmanay (New Year). There are a few different threads and w
Fabi
I loved this story so hard.

We got to see every couple and experience their ongoing love and devotion. We even got to welcome a new MacKenzie. <3<3<3

Perfect!
Lady Wesley
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fave-favorites
29 Sep 2013: Jennifer Ashley's Christmas gift to readers -- this ebook is free at all etail sites. I don't know for how long, so don't delay!

If you're a fan of clan MacKenzie, as I am, you'll enjoy catching up with them as they gather to celebrate Christmas and Hogmanay (that's Scots New Year's Eve) at Castle Kilmorgan. All the brothers, and their wives and children, are featured, along with others who've appeared only in passing -- Ainsley's four brothers, David Fleming, Isabella's sister Louis
Glamdring
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well done, Ms Ashley!
I. Want. More!!!
Can't wait December 31 for the next book!
Melanie

This is a wonderful holiday-themed addition to a great series! All of the couples from books past are together for Christmas and Hogmanay (Scottish New Year) and their holidays are marked by both small tragedies and joyous surprises.

The story thread that really stood out for me was Ian and Beth's. Ian is always a captivating character and Ashley does a wonderful job of highlighting his unique thought process and his utter devotion to Beth. It is comforting and warming to know that the
Beanbag Love
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great Christmas gift. Just what I needed! I enjoyed the vignette approach with Beth and Ian as the through line. I loved revisiting the characters and seeing new ones. I love the chaos of this brood and their eccentric servants. And their dogs, too, of course.

It's a novella but it's 48,000 words so it's really just short of a full novel. I was disappointed in Hart and Eleanor's story, but now I can't wait for the next book to come out. The excerpt was a sublimely evil tease.

It's cheap
Letitia
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: B+ ... Heat: Warm

I love the Mackenzie men. Plain and simple. And I was excited - ecstatic - to read this novella and catch up with my favorite kilt clad men. My only problem with it is the many, many points of view. Every Mackenzie and every wife and a few more people. That's 11 or more view points. My favorite of which is always Ian. Love him with all my heart.

This was definitely The Perfect Gift for us Highland Pleasures fans this holiday. Thank you, Miz Ashley!

• When She Was Naughty
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)
  • The Highlander (Victorian Rebels, #3)
  • Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)
  • The Devil's Submission (Fallen, #2)
  • Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • A Hathaway Wedding (The Hathaways, #2.5)
  • When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance, historical mysteries, and urban fantasy as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have been translated into many different languages, and earned starred reviews from Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com and http://gard

Mackenzies & McBrides (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7)
  • The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8)
  • Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (Mackenzies & McBrides, #9)
  • The Devilish Lord Will (MacKenzies & McBrides, #10)