Start by marking “Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)

Lion Heart

(Scarlet #3)

The eagerly-awaited conclusion to the Scarlet trilogy delivers another action-packed and romance-filled adventure.

Scarlet has captured the hearts of readers as well as the heart of Robin Hood, and after ceaseless obstacles and countless threats, readers will finally find out the fate of the Lady Thief.

Imprisoned by Prince John for months, Scarlet finds herself a long way f
Published May 19th 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Lion Heart, please sign up.
A.C. Gaughen The release date will be May 19th, 2015!

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

"I'll never leave you," he told me, and I felt his arms on me. "As long as you love me, I'll be here, hidden somewhere in your heart."

photo tumblr_ls364e0agt1qbe2lmo2_250_zpslomxv1vx.gif

I speak repeatedly of my all time favorite series. They have remained the same three since 2012/2013 and not much has touched them. It probably even gets to the point where people are like, yeah, dude, we get it, stop! But I think it speaks volumes when we can say that no other story touches us after 3 years even after reading, what, 100-120 books a year. Think a
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
This review (plus a book photography session!) and more can be found on Deadly Darlings!

If you haven't started this trilogy yet, then you're missing out. Or maybe you have started the trilogy but didn't like the first book? Maybe you loved the first two and are just excited for this one? Either way, you have to keep going because this book is the best in the trilogy, hands down.

There was a perfect balance of interesting elements in this book, from politics to romance to action--there's never a d
Stacee
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I'm not sure what I can actually say about this book, other than it was perfect.

Love love love Scarlet. She's always been feisty, but she really seems like she's grown up since I first met her. A while the speech thing STILL throws me off, it's delightful being in her head.

I refuse to say anything else about the characters who show up because spoilers, but there are a couple of relationships that I absolutely adored. And if there were spin offs or novellas about some of these people, my head w
Bonnie
I’ve been quite the black sheep when it comes to the series as a whole so I might as well go out with a bang. I did not like this one. At all. There wasn’t anything seriously wrong with it, however, it was extremely uneventful and didn’t go out with the bang and/or explosive finale that I was kind of hoping for this whole time. Throwing a wrench in the whole Robin Hood tale by transforming Marian into one of the gang was definitely cause for excitement but the story itself continued much on the ...more
Sophie
Lion Heart was sort of bittersweet, because as much as I loved the book, I just wished it wasn't over. For the finale of the trilogy, it was the perfect mix of history, and action, and it tied up all the loose ends and answered all the questions we'd had from the very start of Scarlet. Now that Scarlet has been arrested and imprisoned by Prince John for Gisbourne's murder, she needs all her wits about her to survive. Everyone else thinks she has died, and John doesn't want to let her out of his ...more
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the friends I had found in these pages.  Whether it was the side characters, who I surprisingly teared up for more than once, or Rob and Scar, they all stood out and became unforgettable.  Each of them helped make this trilogy my favorite retelling of Robin Hood ever!  But I do have a warning, that ending left me wanting so much more!  But regardless of the ending, if you're looking for a series that is filled with action, adventure, love, honor, and friendship t ...more
Danielle (Love at First Page)
If, like me just a couple of weeks ago, you have not yet picked up this wonderful series by A.C. Gaughen, I have to say that it is one of the best you could ever binge read. Full of action, swoons, heartbreak, and fantastic storytelling, you will never want to put these books down. I fell in love with this re-imagining of Nottingham and its fearless band of thieves. I'm sure every single one of you knows the tale of Robin Hood, but did you know that hidden within his fold is a lady thief masquer ...more
Maggie ☘ (Reader-in-Wonderland)

I'm not crying. NOPE Not at all.

Shit. Maybe I'm crying! This was such an epic ending to this trilogy!

“For the longest time, no one really knew about me. I were Rob’s secret, his informant, his shadow in dark places. They didn’t see me, and I didn’t mind that they didn’t see.
But now (view spoiler), and our story isn’t a secret. It’s
majo
There's this part in the author's note that says: The greatest legacy Scarlet could have is to leave you questioning when history may not have gotten it right- and who might be left out.

The author didn't just made a trilogy taking inspiration from Robin Hood. She made the story basically saying that there was a girl who help change history for the better. I don't know if such a girl really did exist, but if she did, I'm imagining she would be like Scarlet.
Giovanna
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.25/4.5

"The strange thing were how much I missed the light. I'd gotten a taste of it, in Rob's kiss and touch, in the fickle, brutal shine of hope, and I wanted it back. I didn't want to be a thing of darkness anymore."

I'd been waiting for this book since the moment I finished Lady thief. And if you've read it you know why (either that or you're heartless). Now, Lion heart doesn't disappoint; it has its flaws sure, but overall I'm quite happy with it. It's Gaughen so expect pain, not as much as
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Edited 7/13/18 to add: I remembered the very most important bits, but aside from that, re-reading this three years later was like reading it for the first time...and it was rather lovely. This series remains among my favorites to this day.

*****

An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review, though this review is based on the audio version of the book. My thoughts are my own. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I had an ARC of this final boo
Elena
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy is so underrated! I'm going to miss these characters! :(
Sophia Sardothien
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall a decent read, but I am very much annoyed with the ending.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars

I'm not sure I have ever been this excited nor this nervous for an ending to a trilogy. This trilogy has been one of my most favorites from the word go and when you love something so much, it is hard not to pick up the last book with tons of emotion.

Can I just tell you how much I have missed these characters and how very much I loved this book, this last, so sad to see it end, book? Because I did. I loved it all. The detail, the history, the characters, the plot, the action, the sweet r
Nikki
This review can also be found at my blog, There were books involved...

-----------------------------

I have a problem. Well, okay, I've got two problems. First, the normal "how does one even write a review of the last book in a series?!" problem. But my bigger one is this: "How does one even begin to do the last book in a series justice when it is this freaking good?

But I desperately need to figure out how to answer those questions. Because Lion Heart is that freaking good.

If you haven't read
Simona Bartolotta
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, in-english
"Stories are told to make you feel something, and they can tell ours over and over again, and every time it will be something different."

Okay, I don't know what to say. I cannot say I didn't like it because it is not totally exact, and I cannot say I truly liked for quite the same reason. Do you have an idea of how frustrating it is?

The plot was fairly useless. First, there is Scarlet going hither and tither wandering if to come back to Robin is a wise decision or not, and then there is the two
Angelica
Jan 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
The third one is coming!!!

EDIT: 8/21/14

IT HAS A TITTLE!!!!

LION HEART.

I like it.

EDIT: 9/15/14

[image error]

IT HAS A COVER!!!

Though I admit it is not what I expected it is still beautiful. I was expecting a side facing picture and her holding the knife. Still, it did not disappoint. I'm so excited to read this!

Alyssa

Book Three of the Scarlet trilogy
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Publication Date: May 19, 2015
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lori
I finished and I still love this series so much. The ending wasn't as epic as I had hoped but it was still full of everything that made the rest of the series great. I definitely recommend these books.

SO SO SO excited for this book and so happy that I'm seeing people who are loving it already!! Can't wait to get my own hands on it!

Sarah (What Sarah Read)
See this review and more at What Sarah Read

The thing I loved so much about Lion Heart, is everything I love about the entire Scarlet series. It’s an exciting re-telling of the Robin Hood legend that immediately appealed to me, but what I really loved about this entire series is the true life historical facts and events that Gaughen wove into the story to make it an even more engaging and interesting. There was so much drama and political intrigue in Lion Heart and it was such a culmination of th
Teryna90
"You were always my freedom, Scar"

I'm going to start opening a huge parenthesis, I love romantic stories, I love to read about falling in love, conquering love, finding love, fighting for your love and even losing love! Soooo I was really shocked when I didn't appreciate all the love going on between Scarlet and Robin.

There had to be love scenes, considering how Lady Thief ended, and there had to be a happy ending, even though this is a retelling I'm glad it didn't end up like the original v
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs
Lion Heart was by far my favorite of the 3 book series. As the plot progressed I thought Gaughen’s story got better and better and culminated in a book that felt pretty perfect, not only as a series ender, but as an exclamation on a great set of books. This book terrified me to read. After what happened in both Scarlet and Lady Thief I was legit afraid what would happen to the people I had grown to know and love. I had a pit in my stomach the whole
~Bellegirl91~
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*crying inside* Oh man it's over over over and I still want to marry Robin Hood!! What an ending and that thing that happened to Rob.......let's just say I was dying haha. But this had a fantastic end and such a fun trilogy and became one of my new favorites Definitely a must read if you like these kinds of books/stories and HIGHLY come recommended:D
Maggi
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
It seems like these days all conclusions to my once favourite books disappoint me. I don't even know why.

While I loved Scarlet and Lady Thief, the final book just bored me to hell. I skimmed some parts, because nothing was really happening.

Don't know if I'll write a proper review as there's not much to say.
Nasty Lady MJ
Feb 23, 2014 marked it as not-interested
Note to self: Remember, Lady Thief. The terrible Oliver street urchin narrative and PTSD excused smack down. No, do not buy only read if you are highly tempted by a library copy.
Debby
4 stars

The Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen has been one of my favorite ongoing series since I dove into it last year, so obviously I started reading Lion Heart with equal parts excitement and nervousness. Gaughen has been all about the brutal endings so far, but surely she'll give us a happy ending here, right? Lion Heart delivers a satisfying ending for sure and has cemented this series as one of my all-time favorites. What a wonderful feminist take on Robin Hood!

I must admit that I had a bit of
Erin
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Well, I finally made time to finish this trilogy that began with Scarlet and Lady Thief. I am a big fan of the Robin Hood legend. Lion Heart picks up almost immediately where book 2 left off. Scarlet is on the run from Prince John and Robin Hood has no idea that she is alive. But it wasn't very action orientated, more focused on the young lovers. However, the relationship between Eleanor of Aquitane and Scarlet was great and I loved all of their scenes together.
This was a satisfying conclusio
Sara Jesus
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Um final perfeito para uma das melhores trilogias que li! Uma narrativa de aventuras, personagens cobertas de carácter e de verdadeiros heróis. Scarlet, a nossa Marion é uma mulher capaz de todo para proteger aqueles que ama. O seu coração é cheio de lealdade e generosidade pronto a defender várias causas.

Juntamente com Robin prova que é uma verdadeira Lady. Uma mulher que encontra a sua identidade no meio de tanto sofrimento. O príncipe John tenta impedir com que ela tenha a sua vitória, mas
Katie
It's...it's over.

What am I supposed to do with my life now that there's no more Scarlet and Rob and Much and Eleanor and (view spoiler)? This was the perfect end to a perfect series. I wanted more at the end, but I think that's okay - I'd rather she left us wanting more than wishing for it to be over.

Basically, anything Gaughen writes is going straight to my "must read at all costs" shelf. Because reasons. Lots of ship-tastic reasons.
Kuromi
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Updated 9-13: THAT COVER! There's a cover now! It looks really great. My level of excitement is off the chart!

Original: This is the first book EVER that I'm freaking out to read! Usually I can wait, but I'm not so sure I can for this one!
  • Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Rebel Mechanics (Rebel Mechanics, #1)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2)
  • The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2)
  • Anjo da Morte (Os Karas, #3)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Salt & Storm (Salt & Storm, #1)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark, #2)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • Sneak Thievery (The Fade, #2)
I am shamelessly addicted to staying up far too late (it feels like stealing time), diet coke (it burns so good), Scotland (stupid country stole my heart and won't give it back. Interpol has been ineffective for prosecution) and thieves (so I guess I'm not that mad at Scotland).

Want to know more? Just ask!

Scarlet (3 books)
  • Scarlet (Scarlet, #1)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
“Sometimes it's harder to be bright when you feel the darkness inside you. Sometimes the very hardest thing is to let the pain go.” 21 likes
“It seems a precious thing, for someone to know the very worst part of you and love you anyway.” 21 likes