Start by marking “As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)

As They Slip Away

(Across the Universe #2.5)

Taking place on the spaceship Godspeed before Amy Martin wakes up and Elder takes leadership, this novella describes life at the Hospital during Eldest's reign. Focusing primarily on background characters, readers will see fan-favorite characters Harley, Orion, Victria, and more.

Selene is a singer on a spaceship that only values people who can provide important skills that
Published January 11th 2013

To ask other readers questions about As They Slip Away, please sign up.
Kristen I would definitely not recommend reading it before the trilogy, because it wouldn't make sense. It's marked as .5 in some places because the majority…moreI would definitely not recommend reading it before the trilogy, because it wouldn't make sense. It's marked as .5 in some places because the majority of the plot takes place before the main plot of book 1. I think the best time to read this would probably be between books 1 &2, but honestly, you could read it any time after finishing book 1.(less)

Nicole
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, ya
This was so sad... and i hate Luthor. So much.
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was pretty sad. It focuses on Selene and the story behind her death. I really wanted her to have a HEA because she had such a rubbish life — she wasn't close with her parents, she was classed as mental so she had to live at the hospital, her friends left her out of everything, the boy she was in love with was obsessed with someone else and the boy (Luthor) that started paying her attention was an evil creep. I didn't expect to like Selene so much, she was far more relatable than Amy
Tereza Eliášová
Dočteno! A je to vážně povedené. Absolutní must-read pro všechny fanoušky téhle vesmírné trilogie. Beth Revisová se zase trošku přiblížila stylu prvního dílu, který se mi líbil nejvíc. Je to chytré, střízlivé, zajímavé... od pátku do středy si to taky budete moci přečíst česky :)

Andrea Manzanilla
2.75/5

It was OK. I did really like knowing the background on the characters we get to know, but not quite, on the previous books. And also meeting new characters that we didn't know were so involved in the story.

At the beginning I was like: Is this person really Luthor?
And by the end I was like: Yes, that's Luthor.

Interesting, but I could live without reading it.
Fer
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
4,5.

I like this.
Before you start reading I had done an idea of what he would try. But it turned out that was wrong. Very wrong.
Your reader will assume as a simple story. Lacking in depth. And not. This is not the typical short story to which we are accustomed, it's creepy and depressing.
  I finished with chills, I swear.
I'm inpaciente for reading what we have prepared Beth.

PS: Sorry for my English disastrous. I need practice.
Amy
Jan 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
This was a neat idea. The author of one of my favorite series released a chapter of a day of her bonus novella the week before the release of the 3rd book in the Across the Universe series. You just had to bounce around the web where she was guest-blogging to get a new chapter each day.

However ...

I hate to say ...

This read like horrible fan fiction revisiting some of the lesser characters from previous books. And of all characters I might have wanted to revisit, the insane rapist was not one of
Isabella
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I didn't LOVE this mini side story. But I did like learning about the sprouting of Harley's and Kayleighs relationship. It was heartbreaking to read more about Harley since his death hit me so hard. I didn't really care about the others, and that's probably why I didn't really find this short story amazing.

Still, I cried in the end. I loved how Revis ended the story.

The whole time with Luther I was like

description

and then when he showed his true colors

description

"At least I died in a song"

HARLEY AND KAYLEIGH

Dulce María
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Saben por un segundo creí que dirían que Luthor no siempre fue un monstruo.
Emily May
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
This was beautifully-written and sad... but wasn't long enough to have the full effect that it should have done.
Kimberly
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Wow. I just finished reading As They Slip Away, and that’s the only word I can think of. If you’re looking for something to read this weekend, this is it! It’s a 48 page novella in the Across the Universe series, the final book of which comes out in just a few days! You can download the novella for free and transfer it to your Kindle or Nook, or you can simply read it on the website.

The novella gives us a glimpse of both the most beloved character and the most despised character in the Across th
MischaS_
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, czech
Asi to bude znít divně, ale líbilo se mi to mnohem víc než Loď mezi hvězdami. rozhodně zajímavý náhled na život lidi v nemocnici. rozhodně bych se chtěla dozvědět víc...
Mada
Apr 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
Really hated what happened to Selene and the way it ended.
Petra Sýkorová
Bonusová novelka, kterou jste si mohli přečíst na speciální blogtour a která je také k dostání přímo na stránkách nakladatelství CooBoo. Já se k ní pořádně dostala teprve teď, protože v době probíhající blogtour jsem nebyla v dosahu počítače a později na to čtení nějak nebyl čas. Ale protože jsem si dala předsevzetí, že dočtu všechny započaté knižní série, abych si mohla udělat konečně zářez na posteli a protože nesnáším nedokončené série, vrhla jsem se na Vesmír.

Anotace v podstatě říká vše, o c
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)
was pretty good, had some nice insight into characters i'm seeing in A Million Suns....i didn't remember much from the first one.....more of it came back to me when i started reading the second book....

there were some MAJOR formatting issues....and throughout the book, the wall food is referred to as a meast pasty.....i thought that was a paste-like meat substance, but in the seconf book, it's a meat pastRy....pastry makes much more sense....there was a line break every 2 lines, whether it was a
Becky
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is set before the main series starts, but is definitely one for the fans. It features characters that we meet in the background of Across the Universe. Of course Harley plays a part but this mainly focuses on Selene.
Selene lives in the hospital wing where they are all classed as 'loons' those with artistic talents get put there, they are now being given a chance to enhance their skills, some may serve a purpose on the ship later, as a singer Selene knows she is pretty useless but when Lutho
Trisha
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was so great to get to read this and step back into this world for just a moment. It was also really interesting to see the world from Selene's perspective - and see a different side of Harley and to meet some of the characters of the the story we didn't know.

Luther. That guy STILL sucks, though.
Becky
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen, short-stories
A great little extra addition to the series. It's Selene's story for the most part but also provides a bit of background on Elder's other friends as well. (Would recommend reading after A MILLION SUNS.)
Willinda
Z toho konce mě úplně mrazilo...
Isa Lavinia
As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #0.5) So creepy I don't even know if I want to read the rest of the series...
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
So sad, and so effective. Mournful, and lonely. Beth Revis, why must you tear my heart out?
Denisse
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BETH REVIS IS THE BEST!

I need a re-read!

Thalia
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Diehards of "Across the Universe"
Read the review on my blog:
Rodolfo
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-agosto
Después de tanto tiempo he decidido cerrar ciclos y es tiempo de terminar con la trilogía de Across the universe y que mejor que con esta pequeña historia que se centra en el personaje de Selene antes de que despertara nuestra protagonista principal, Amy, y a pesar de que no quiero decir mucho ya que sería spoiler, me ha gustado bastante volver a encontrarme con esta distopía tan genial que ha creado la autora, en especial este libro me lleno de ternura y cariño hacia algunos personajes pero sob ...more
Crimelpoint
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Żałuję, że tak długo zwlekałam z przeczytaniem tej książki. Jest to naprawdę świetny dodatek do trylogii, którą przeczytałam kilka miesięcy temu, więc nie mogłam wychwycić wszystkich nawiązań.

Nowelka jest napisana lekkim językiem, więc śmiało można ją czytać w oryginale, nawet jeśli nie jesteśmy jakoś super obyci z tym językiem.
Jamie Coudeville
This was a nice story but it didn't add much to the story, just confirmed how crazy Luthor was.
Kristilyn (Reading In Winter)
One of my favourite series is the Across the Universe series. I was completely taken with the first book the moment I started reading it and I currently wait on pins and needles to read the third (and sadly, last) book in the series. I mean, Beth Revis makes sci-fi cool and accessible -- there's nothing wrong with that!

I was crazy happy when I saw that there was a novella available for the series -- a kind of prequel when Amy just arrives on Godspeed. But we don't get to see Amy's point of view.
Maria
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, dystopia, ya, sci-fi
I recommend As They Slip Away.

...poor Selene. Although this e-novella proved just how deranged Luthor is.

And I did learn something about Victria, Bartie, Kayleigh, and Harley. Why they acted the way they did in Across the Universe and A Million Suns. It made me realized how Elder's friends are still human regardless of the effects of Godspeed and Eldest's rule among them.

I saw how their friendships were before it fell apart, through Selene's eyes, who felt like an outsider among them. I miss Har
Vanessa
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
I recently read Across the Universe and although I really like it one of my critiques was that it didn't really explore the society. So I was hoping that this book would address that and give us more layers to work it. Now I must say that even though I liked this book I don’t think that it was up to the job in that aspect.

This book tells us the story us Selena, a singer that lived on the Hospital before Elder and that Amy met briefly in Across the Universe. It was a sad story because from the ve
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
NOTE: I have not read ANY of the main books. I read this out of curiosity if I would like to read any of the main books. I mean I have so many books to read as it is already lol.

I really loved the Greek aspects ingrained in this story.

However I felt distant between myself and the narrator (it's in 1st POV) and the way certain characters were done and whatnot just frustrated me. Personally I would have liked the personality unfold even by a little bit and not someone jumping to the rescue saying
Where to Find (Free) - January 11, 2013 8 33 Mar 26, 2014 07:08PM
Dystopia Land: Free Novella - Across the Universe Series by Beth Revis 1 21 Apr 21, 2013 07:25AM

• Lightspeed Magazine, November 2013
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Other Worlds
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • 'Til the World Ends (Blood of Eden, #0.5)
  • Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)
  • The Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden #1.5)
  • The Lost Boy (The Iron Witch, #0.5)
  • Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)
Beth Revis writes books. She also eats too much chocolate, wishes she could travel more, and prefers puppies to people. Beth lives in rural NC with her boys: one husband, one son, two very large puppies.

Across the Universe (3 books)
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
“Kayleigh was right. Without the pills, you really do feel nothing.
And nothing can be nice.”
1 likes