Start by marking “Solar, Defeated (Mythos, #1; Oracle of Delphi, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Solar, Defeated (Mythos, #1; Oracle of Delphi, #2.5)

Solar, Defeated

(Oracle of Delphi #2.5)

Looking back, he recalls his life before it came crashing down around him...a time when the one he now loathes most of all was the one he adored more than anything.

SPOILER ALERT: Read as O
Published February 24th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Solar, Defeated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solar, Defeated

Stephanie (Bookfever)
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who enjoyed PoMB and PoSS
Before she changed my life forever, there was just me, Solar. Alone. Tortured. Defeated.

Wow. Just wow!
A novella about Strafford Law.
Be still, my beating fangirl heart!

I didn't expect to get this book for review this soon so I was more than excited to start it. Now that I have finished it, I'm kind of sad because I already miss Strafford and this world, if that makes sense.

A tiny warning; if you haven't read the Oracle of Delphi books yet you probably should read them first.

Solar, Defeated follo
Diantha Jones
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
#TeamStrafford. All day.
Mia Darien
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was the editor, so I'm not writing a review. Just marking it as read for my GR records. But I love this series, so obviously I loved this book.
Emily V
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, for-review
Also Posted At: http://emily-confessionsofabookaholic...

Series: Mythos #1, Oracle of Delphi #2.5
Genre: Young Adult, Mythology
Release Date: April 23rd 2013
Source: ARC From Author
Overall Rating: 5/5 Stars
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars
Synopsis: From the moment Strafford Law saw Chloe Clever, he knew he was destined to love her forever. But a dishonorable past and a bleak future threaten to destroy him before he gets the chance. Looking back, he recalls his life before it came crashing down around him...a
I am so freaking excited for this! I need more Strafford!

Update: Finally got my bum in gear and read this! It was amazing insight into how Strafford's character changed and developed before he met Chloe and I loved reading about a young Ace too of course. I am now ready for Hero, Cursed!
Deborah
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a review copy. This did not affect my review at all.

Strafford Law, the Solar Prince, Apollo's chosen son, growls through Prophecy of the Most Beautiful when we first meet him. He's angry and he doesn't trust his divine father any further than he could throw him. His father has assigned him to protect Chloe, the Oracle of Delphi, but Strafford knows that the person he really needs to protect her from is his father. Why so bitter, Solar?

This novella answers those questions,
L. Maci
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

OMG! As if the book cover didn't do the trick, I am officially head-over-heels in love with Strafford Law. I have developed an unhealthy addiction to the Oracle of Delphi series. Each book gets better and better. Ms. Jones has grown so much as a writer. It is clear in the beautiful cadence of her written works. I cannot wait to read more!

Solar, Defeated is book 2.5 of the Oracle of Delphi series. It is a
Carrie Slager
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I received a free ebook copy from Diantha Jones as part of her blog tour in exchange for an honest review.]

Ooh, we finally get to learn more about our tortured, broody Sun Prince! I won’t call myself a fangirl, but the fact that Strafford has changed so much by being in love with Chloe makes him one of my favourite love interests ever. I mean, in pretty much every YA book out there the dark, tortured love interest is still a jerk by the end of the book/series. That’s definitely
Daisy Dardon
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Won through Goodreads giveaway*
I was so excited to read this book. I've read the blurb and it instantly pulled me in. I haven't read the other books yet but the author gives you enough insight that you aren't all confused but I suppose it would come in handy if you did. But now that I've finished it I will definitely read her other books. I couldn't get enough of Strafford! And now I want more. Definitely seems like a good series to read. If you love Greek mythology then you will love this seri
Tamra LeValley
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: winner-books
Wonderfully written book. I really appreciated the way the author titled each new chapter so that the reader was aware beforehand what time period they were reading from.

The story line of Gods and Demi Gods are fascinating. The author s style of writing, in the first person, was done well, clear and concise.

Goodreads Winner Reads
Amy
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good story. Good to see how Stafford got the way he is.
Vivek
Julie Alvarez
Cindy
Monica Sanchez
Jan 28, 2013
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • The Flash Gold Boxed Set, Chronicles I-III
  • Pig, Crane, Fox (Lóng City, #0.5)
  • The Trials
  • The Complete Falling Novels (Falling, #1, 2, 2.5)
  • The Evil And The Pure
  • Freed (Vampire King, #3)
  • Relish (Vicious Feast, #2)
  • The Boxcar Baby (Steel Roots #1)
  • Turtle Bay
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Bridge (Shade, #2.5)
  • Crimson (The Ultimate Power, #2.5)
  • Awakened (Few Are Angels, #2)
  • Before (Destined, #0.5)
  • Tiy and the Prince of Egypt
  • Andromeda's Fall (Shadowcat Nation, #1)
  • Saying Goodbye to Warsaw
BLOGGERS! Send me a DM with your name and blog URL if you would like to read/review any of my books!

Diantha Jones was born the day thousands of turkeys sacrificed their lives to fill millions of American bellies on November 22 which also happened to be Thanksgiving Day (Her mother says she owes her a turkey). When not writing or working, she is reading, being hypnotized by Netflix or on a mission

Oracle of Delphi (4 books)
  • Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi, #1)
  • Prophecy of the Setting Sunrise (Oracle of Delphi, #2)
  • Prophecy of Solstice's End (Oracle of Delphi, #3)
  • Prophecy of the Eternal Empire (Oracle of Delphi, #4)