Start by marking “On The Dock” as Want to Read:
On The Dock

On The Dock

Erik was a lonely small town boy who had always done what right, but after years of that life which had not turned out at all like it was supposed to if he had followed the rules, like he was told, he met Will. The world became a different place when they met that day on the dock.
Published December 3rd 2012 by Kade Boehme

To ask other readers questions about On The Dock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On The Dock

Start your review of On The Dock
Dd
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dd by: Elizabetta
Shelves: favourites

Beautiful.Profound.Heart-warming.

On the Dock--A free read of 17 pages.

Loved this one.

Sweet and poignant,this is filled with love and heartbreak and life.

This is the story of Erik.

And this story depicts the journey of his life in just 17 pages.

Damn,it drove me to tears by the end,even though I had a big smile plastered on my face.

Read it!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Elizabetta for bringing this to my attention.

You can download this for free by clicking
Monique
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Monique by: Monika
Shelves: lgbt
Wonderful... a tale that will touch your heart, make you smile and move you to tears!

Photobucket

This short story was recommended to me by a friend... THANK YOU MONIKA! It was free and I had no idea what it was about, I just downloaded and started to read... WOW! So much packed into just a few pages!

The first read, I was just blown away... this short story is so beautifully narrated by Erik, poignant in it's delivery with his voice so clear in his gentle drawl I was mesmerised! I had no expectations but
Julio Genao
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Just. Read.
Recommended to Julio by: Lisa Henry
Shelves: shorts
Devastating, and beautiful.

Savage Alchemy
a poem for Kade Boehme

Meld grief and joy
Make mettle, and fire again
Again. This pain
In crucible refined
But limns beauty
For ever.

©2013 JAG

On The Dock is a heartbreaking short story. Flawed—but unequivocally recommended.

Seriously. Read it.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Oh Lord...

I really liked this story of a country boy and a soldier. I don't want to give away any spoilers but... DAMN... this really pulled at my heart-strings. I was overcome with emotion at the end of this story. Fair warning, this story is sweet and homey but it is a tear-jerker! Oh, the typos almost knocked down my review to 3 stars. They took me out of the story and bothered me; so easy to fix with simple editing!
.Lili.
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo c9d389f3-80c6-4b41-8b82-a1ce919d095a_zpsek69szml.jpg

OMG, I was not prepared for this at all. Who knew my heart could be broken in a mere 13 pages. I can't even write a review because it makes me tear up all over again. All I can say is this story to me read like a poem. A beautiful heartbreaking poem. To be fair there were some formatting issues in the mobi file I read, but once I started I got swept away into the story and forgot about all about that. This one goes under stories I will never forget. ♥

photo tumblr_moadz90pYo1sqznooo1_400_zps800372e9.gif
Richa
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
How does this happen?? 14 pages....17 pages....how do they manage to bring tears to my eyes??

*deep breath*

That day, he came up out of nowhere.

This is a story of a Country Boy ......who finds the love of his life, his Soldier Boy .....and it changes his whole life.....

Even if we had just met, he would know someone out in this world was thinking about him, even if it was a lonely country boy in Louisiana thinking about one hungover kiss for a brief moment in a small cabin by the lake.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

Wow! 13....13 pages was all it took. My reading relationship with Kade Boehme is very hit or miss. This was a HIT...BIG HIT...the kind of hit that erases every miss I've ever had.

Image result for so beautiful crying gif

Such a simple and touching story.

Heads up, there are editing issues. Ignore them because... DAMN....just listen to the story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.75*
Erik, a small town country boy, still living in the town he was born and raised in.
He works as a EMT and helps raise his son, a 'surprise' from a drunken night.
Sitting out on his dock thinking on his life he meets Will, a medic on leave before his final tour in the war zone.
There is instant love but it worked for me, I can see and hear how much Will wanted and needed someone and for Erik it was easy to fall for his 'Soldier Boy'.
I loved the letters and I was really looking forward to them g
Ingie
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ingie by: Bev
Written March 8, 2014

3.7 Stars - mournfully beautiful about love and life

A heart-gripping very short M/M-novella about Country Boy, Erik and Soldier Boy, Will ...and some memories on a dock.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Very delicate and atmospheric told by Kade Boehme. For a romantic lady like me myself, is this the kind of sentimental story that will burst my delicate heart for a moment. Sob! ...but that's a good feeling too some days.
‘He was definitely one of the finer specimens of man I’d seen in my sho
Mark
I have just been reduced to tears in 13 pages!!! Literally, this story moved me to watery eyes and a lump in my throat.

"Tis better to have loved and lost: Than never to have loved at all"

How many times as this quote from Lord Tennyson been cited. With this story it really hits the mark. When Nick and Will meet it is literally love at first sight. They only have a short time together before Will has to leave for foreign shores as he is in the military. This was the beginning of the end.

I couldn
Ami
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it

There are already so many positive reviews for this one -- so you could definitely go and read those. Yes, it's lovely. Yes, it's poignant. But somehow I feel like I've read similar stories that drive me to tears before this, so in that sense, the story lacks that punch (maybe the depth of emotion is not there? or maybe it is just me ^^).

Recommended stories similar to this one: Marie Sexton's One More Soldier, J.M. Snyder's The Name on My Wrist. Both stories just made me all weepy.
Elsbeth

I needed a pick-me-up story after the series I'm reading at the moment.
And now I'm a blubbering mess..

description

#reallyshouldpayattentiontoblurb
Amazingly written about a Country boy meeting his love of his life, Soldier Boy. It had me crying already at the first 2 pages...

description

"This - this right here - this is what I've been fighting for all these years.
The ability to just love someone, and no matter how close-minded some people are, to have the right to it."

Well done, Mr. Boehme!!

LINK for Free dow
Macky
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I didn't write a review for this. I honestly thought I had because I read it months ago when my good friend Bev sent it to me and recommended I read it. I did and sobbed like a baby because it was so poignant and beautiful. 13 pages of emotional assault and it was free. I must have been too sobby and emotional and forgot. * head desk! *

Any way it was gorgeous and I loved it! Now I feel better.... ;)

Ariana
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ariana by: Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
Shelves: made-me-cry
*sobbing quietly*
OMG I am so bad at coping with stories like that.
Such 'simple' writing with such a punch.
I was told I would cry - but this tore my heart out at the same time.

A snippet of a book with a huge emotional impact!
Read it!

And to lighten my misery I have to quote this line which really made me chuckle:

"Our tongues clashed and fought in one of the best versions of Getting to Know You ever. The King and I can shove it."
Awilk -never sleeps-
I would love to write a beautiful review about this amazing short story, but I can't, as whenever I think about this I just start crying again.
A very short story that packs one hell of a punch. I recommend it for everyone, and would like to thank Monique for reading it and therefore bringing it to my attention.
Karla
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Karla by: Monique's review
4 Bittersweet Stars!

I'm numb. So few words, that say so much. That's it, I got nothing else. Just read it!

(view spoiler)
Bev

4.5 stars in my opinion, and downloaded this on a recommendation from Dd. What a heartbreakingly (is that a word?, well it is now!) sad story. You just knew what was going to happen, it was like a huge boulder was going to slam into you and you'd be left devastated, but you had to keep reading and crying all the same.
Poor Erik, what an awful shame, and Will - well, words fail me, he didn't seem to have much of a life at all! Magnificent, tender love story. Many, many thanks to the author.
Lisa Henry
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

Nope, I'm not crying. Move along, nothing to see here.

This free short packs an emotional punch. It lost me a little toward the end (view spoiler) but the actual end-end: perfect.

Read it. It's free, the narrator
Heller
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Jay
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This author has a bright future.

I was captured at the beginning of this short story. It has been a long few days for me and this gave my exhausted mind a chance to let things go for just a little bit. I thought I knew what was going to happen and in a way it did. I just didn't have the whole thing figured out.

Keep writing sir and I will keep reading.
R.B.
Well, I should probably come clean. I didn't look at the reviews of this story. I only knew my friends loved it. So I read it today, in my office, during lunch break... What was I thinking?! Luckily, no one came, because I was bawling my eyes out... It was wonderful short story. ...more
Christelle
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Strong emotion and tears guaranteed in only 13 pages. So sweet and poignant at the same time
Elena
Oh, Jan, how I hate you for recommending me this short read, and how I love you for doing it!
I would've missed on such a beautiful, heartbreaking story... :(

It's a short (and I hate reading those!) but so full of love and packed with emotions that I feel like I've read an epic story. And maybe it was epic?
How should I know seeing that I'm crying my eyes out now and am unable to form any coherent thoughts...

Huge spoiler ahead!!!
(view spoiler)
Monika
I loved this little story and no matter how many times I read it I get a little teary.

This story deserves more than I wrote so here's a little more

I LOVED this little story that hasn't changed but I do have to admit it doesn't really make me a little teary it makes me cry my eyes out! I've read and re-read it many times and it happens every time the one difference is I now cry before I start.

I'm not a big fan of short stories usually they leave me wanting more or leave me hanging because it's an
SueC
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
An incredibly powerful and emotive story.

A short story about love, strength, courage and devotion.

Sweet and kind, cruel and heartbreaking but always hopeful and giving.

At the story's conclusion, my heart stammers but slows and then I know I am richer for having read this loving story.
Kade Boehme
Jan 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
Hey guys! I'm really grateful to all for reading this! I had no idea yall would enjoy it so much. I really wanted to apologize for the lack of editing. I promise to polish it up soon! I kinda threw the story up in a hurry and forgot to finish the edit while I was working on my other projects. Thanks for all of your kind words, and sorry again! :)

<3K
Christina Marie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beautiful.

I'm really tempted to leave just that one word here. There's not much else that needs to be said. Go read it. It's really quick, it's still a full story, and it has substance.

So, I'm just going to say that this was a beautiful story. I smiled, I cried, and in the end I was left with chills (I really like the way it left off).

That is all.

4 Stars
Louise
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Louise by: Dd
A shout out to Dd for spreading this wonderful story;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just finished this awhile ago shaking in tears and honestly there's a lot of things going on my head right now.But three words held a promise deep in my heart and these are:

˜˜Fight For Love˜˜

What a beautiful story! A Must Read!:)
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dat' cause and effect at the 75% mark..

I don't even know how to rate this?

Because, it is so damn sad!

I go from 0-5 Stars in 60 sec's

So I will go with 4, maybe a tad bit more, because I wanted MORE of them together, instead of apart. But, again, OMG, Dat' ending . It was simply beautiful. And, the family structure of the Soldier Boy's mom and Eli, were awesome. But, that cause and effect at the 75% mark just sucked to read and made me mad and sad at the same time. It's hard to rate a book when
Tina
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tina by: SueC

Dear Sue, my lovely aussie-friend – you should have warned me, girl!!!!

The story was so sad and devastating and... sweet and hopeful. *wiping my still flowing tears away*

Tissue-warning! Highly recommended!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Special Delivery (Special Delivery, #1)
  • Ghost of a Chance (100 Dresses, #2)
  • The Starlight Slippers (100 Dresses, #3)
  • Spring Strings
  • Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)
Kade Boehme is a southern boy without the charm, but all the sass. Currently residing in New York City, he lives off of ramen noodles and too much booze. He is the epitomy of dorkdom, only watching TV when Rachel Maddow or one of his sports teams is on. Most of his free time is spent dancing, arguing politics or with his nose in a book. He is also a hardcore Britney Spears fangirl and has an addic ...more

News & Interviews