Start by marking “Where There's a Will” as Want to Read:
Where There's a Will

Where There's a Will

When William Lord Barlow gets lost in a snowstorm he does not expect his rescuer to ambush him in the stable, even if his tormentor seems familiar.
Blindfolded and helpless, he soon realizes that the only way out is to submit. Will The Dom manage to turn into a sub for one night?
Published November 29th 2012 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Where There's a Will, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where There's a Will

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Dom switching to bottom - this caught my attention immediately. In this historical romance, Lord William Barlow is lost in a snowstorm. Fearing freezing to death, he comes upon a driveway with a rescuer directing him into a stable to care for his horse.

From here, Will is bound and taken into a room for some smexy hot sex. The BD in this story is a delight. The BDSM is just right between Will and his captor. Will's dark fantasy to be the submissive for once is realized and it's as good as he hop
Serena Yates
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a short, fun, and very kinky adventure of role reversal set in 1818, just before Christmas. William, usually a Dom, gets "kidnapped" and is "forced" to play the sub. He knows who is doing the the deed, though, and is very amenable to the whole scene. He is surprised only by how much he likes what is being done to him.

If you'd like to read a somewhat kinky story set in historical England, and if you're looking for a short, hot read, you may enjoy this short free story.
~SexyBookWorm~
Cute period piece abt a sub who turns the tables on his Dom...
The UHQ Nasanta

Fiction or not, sometimes a reader needs an edge of realism in order to be persuaded to accept what the author decides to do with the fictional parts. This m/m erotica short story, set in Britain 1818, dropped me in media res of an established couple's BDSM relationship, and it may be because of that that I was not able to believe that (view spoiler)
Nicole
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
A snowstorm, an ambush and a surprise. That’s what happens when William Lord Barlow gets stranded in the countryside.

His captor fulfills Will’s dark fantasy. So it was fun to learn who his captor was.

I know I say this all the time in my reviews of Raven’s books but I really do love how she gets so much into short books.
Rachel
Jun 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Fun little PWP about a noble getting lost in a snow storm and then kidnapped for his lover's pleasure. I would have liked this better is there was a little more story; I felt like I was dropped into the middle of the story.
Don Bradshaw
Will is heading home for the Christmas holiday when he is abducted. It turns out that the abduction is a gift from his sub and lover because this time around Will is the sub. Nothing harsh here in this light D/s scene. What makes this story interesting is that the roles are reversed.
* Booksessed * Bec
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
A short kinky read
Jery Schober
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq
Nice style, but full of logical errors, improbable coincidencies and useless tangents (while the important ones fell by the wayside), ending in a highly implausible and totally unnecessary epilogue.
H.V. Corbin
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Abduction roleplay and Dom/Sub role reversal. The story is both hot and a little bit sweet.
Vivian
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica-hist
Short Christmas sizzler that feels a bit rushed though sweet in this Regency tale.
Mae Hanley
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: same-sex
I'll never be convinced a Dom needs to experience being a sub, but the story was cute and the outcome sweet.
Janie
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: short-stories
It was okay. I'm not a big fan of anything historical but the BDSM was good.
Marlobo
Dec 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars.
Lucy
Mar 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Historical BDSM switch that's mostly just the scene but with a lovely Dom and his not so usual activities.
Averin
Mar 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Smashwords freebie. Anachronisms are a turn-off.
James Cox
Dec 20, 2013
Honor James
Apr 08, 2015
Tru
rated it did not like it
Mar 30, 2013
Jun 24, 2013
Alishea
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay, erotica, romance
Super short, but cute. Unfortunately, it wasn't very hot.
Mel
May 27, 2014
Nina
May 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Raven lives in Scotland, along with her husband —their children having flown the nest—in a house much too big for them, surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in her books.
She is used to sharing her life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge, and her house with the dust bunnies who congregate. Th