Start by marking “The Hogwarts Library” as Want to Read:
The Hogwarts Library

The Hogwarts Library

(Hogwarts Library)

A highly collectable hardback boxed set from the world of Harry Potter - containing handsome new editions of Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (both in hardback for the first time) and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The Hogwarts Library is an essential collection for any wizard or Muggle home. Eager seekers of wizard learning will find with ...more
Hardcover, Boxed Set, 296 pages
Published November 8th 2012 by Bloomsbury Childrens

To ask other readers questions about The Hogwarts Library, please sign up.
Little Library No to your first question, yes to your second question. But all of the books in this set will mean more to you once you finish the complete series.
Little Library You must buy books from a bookstore (online or a "bricks and mortar" store). Goodreads is not a bookseller.

emma
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not gonna lie, first thing I did when this came in the mail was pull out Tales of Beedle the Bard and read the tale of the Three Brothers in Hermione's voice.
Chantal Milena
these book are only for potterheads:)
Dani Jade
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harry Potter are-Read June 2018: The Extras!

A collection containing ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’, ‘Quidditch Through the Ages’ and ‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard’.
Lisa
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very different from what I was expecting. I didn't love them, but it was definitely cool to read more about Quidditch and The Fantastic Beasts. Didn't really like Dumbledore's commentary but that is mainly because I don't like books that have a second story outside of the margins.
 dianneugh
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely satisfying compilation of books for Harry Potter lovers old and new.
Dawn
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This set includes the Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, and Quidditch through the ages, all titles widely referenced in the Harry Potter series. Reading this set was like entering the world of Harry Potter with fresh eyes once again. You have new translation of Beedle the Bard done by Hermione along with Dumbledore's footnotes. Harry & Ron's insights have been added in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them, and there's a complete history of where Quidditc ...more
Autumn Chrunik
FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM-

Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

I really liked this but I wish there was pictures for all of the magical creatures merely because it was hard to picture some of them with the descriptions provided. Otherwise a very interesting read!
♔Insomnia here_for_the_catnip
I all I have to say about this collection that I had tremendous fun reading it.
And even found Lithuanian Quidditch team mentioned once.
Plus I bought this lovely new edition of Hogwarts Library to grace my own shelves:
20180831_113043
20180831_113032
how to delete your
Alexia Moon
My boyfriend gifted me this edition on Yule 2017 and I loved it! I was a bit disappointed because the Fantastic Beasts book does not include Harry and Ron's notes but besides that the set is fantastic and really well made :)
Nathalie S
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick, easy, and delightful read! Easy to imagine because I saw the movie first but it was nice to read the dialogue and it was totally JK Rowling's style which I have missed!

Book given by Phuong
Grace
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've never read any of these three books before, and this set was perfect. The books are very elegant and sturdy and look lovely next to my HP books!

Super quick reads and a lot of fun to round out the HP world even more.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Probably my favorite. So cool to read about all the magical creatures!

Quidditch Through the Ages: I was worried that this might be a bit boring, but I really enjoyed it. Interested to see how the game evolved and read about it's influences
Amy
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been wanting to re-read the Harry Potter series but my books are buried by my TBR piles. This was a nice little fix to tide me over. The Quiddich book was a bit "Meh" but I really enjoyed the other two books. I'd been curious about the animal book as they are now filming the prequel movie. I also have a different, limited edition of Beedle and Bard but had not read it until now. Enjoyable reads, even the footnotes are fun.
Ashlee Nelson
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Absolutely perfect trio of books!
Easy read and also a fun read. Descriptions of the invention of Quidditch and also descriptions of the fantastic beasts that were introduced in the Harry Potter series.
Medy Tusaurajamais
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just right
Sammm
Mar 18, 2017 marked it as eventually-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: companion-books
No, not the original editions, but to me they are pretty enough to be worth it. So sue me. xP
Morgan
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're a fan of Harry Potter I recommend these three books. They don't have an order to read them, but I suggest reading them after you read the Harry Potter series. Each book is a little over 100 pages long which sometimes works and other times seems like J.K. Rowling could of added more to her universe. None of these are that great, but meta wise they are cleaver. Giving this edition a 5 stars because they are really nice looking books and organized well too. 4 stars for the series overall.
Neens Bea
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, childrens-lit
I simply cannot get enough of J.K. Rowling’s writings. Sadly I think I have now exhausted every resource related to the magical world, but fortunately the release of the screenplay for FBAWTFT2 (and the film itself) is only three months away! And in one month, we get CS4 Lethal White. It is going to be a magical autumn!
Tori
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely gorgeous editions (the end papers!!!!). Definitely a must for any Harry Potter fan.

Fantastic Beasts: Love all the descriptions and additions. Super cute illustration here and there.

Quidditch: I'll never give a fuck about any real sport, but I am a diehard Quidditch fan~ like the humor here too!

Tales: These are all so charming! And the Dumbledore commentary totally made me lose my rag and blub. Bless him.
Josh Miller
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love learning the lore and backgrounds of various magical and fantasy worlds. This one was exceptionally good
Siddharth
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not that good for JK Rowling fans
Brock Burnett
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing - as I’ve come to expect from J.K. Rowling. Astounded at the depth and detail of magical history these three books give us.
Amara
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quidditch: Way better than I expected. Her imagination astounds me. It even made me laugh.

Go Ballycastle Bats! Or.. Go Holyhead Harpies!! Or... Go Fitchburg Finches!!!

I can’t decide. But not Sweetwater All-Stars. Because even though I live in Texas. I don’t like this state.

Beasts: So cute. The audiobook is narrated by the very sexy Eddie Redmayne. His accent is pleasant for this American to listen to, because Brits sometimes are hard for me to decipher. I just bought the Kindle in Motion versio
Jen
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
J.K. Rowling has the best imagination ever! I am very biased when it comes to Harry-Potter-related books but you can't help but get giddy over this set. This has been one of the most worthy purchases (or investment, perhaps?) I've made. I can only imagine myself reading The Tales of Beedle the Bard to my future kids. Ha, they'd thought we live in the magical world. Nonetheless, it's great to have this kind of fantasy into our system. All three books are a delight to read. Rowling is very clever ...more
Saakshi Roy
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was quite fantastic, and it made me feel so proud that i love HP so much. Quidditch fans all over the world will know all they want to know about this sport from Quidditch Through the Ages, which along with being exciting, is very informative on the basis of Quidditch. The Tales of Beedle the Bard is a book composed solely out of creativity and humour (not in the case of the story The Warlock's Hairy Heart) and displays the vastness of Rowling's imagination, whereas Care of Magical Creature f ...more
Alex Li
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because I saw the movie before I read the screenplay, it was so easy for me to picture what was happening along with the words and hear the characters' voices in my head as I read their lines. Wonderful wonderful.
Sofie Brånedal
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Each book had their own highlights that were particular interesting. But overall, they were okay... and that's it. Sadly not as excellent as I had hoped and wished them to be. Quidditch was my favorite.
Bekka
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable additions to the Harry Potter series and wizard/witch world. My favorite was "The Tales of Beetle the Bard."
Helena
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved all 3, specially the Tales of Beedle the Bard!
Logan
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone, potter fanatics, collectors
This handsome edition was one of the most fun and fanciful additions to my bookshelf in the last five years. The notes by characters are wonderful little surprises, the writing is classic Rowling whimsy, and the set creates a feeling - however short - of really being part of the Hogwarts universe.

The content of the books themselves:

Fantastic Beasts is a lovely little encyclopedia type book with descriptions that make me want to get out my pencil and doodle the creatures. This book contains my
Hogwarts Library 1 5 May 04, 2014 01:55AM
  • The Fortunes Of Francesca (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • A Taste of the Forbidden (Buenos Aires Nights, #1)
  • Shalako/Catlow
  • Paradise Valley
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • The Baby Jackpot (Safe Harbor Medical, #10)
  • Royal Bridesmaids
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • Cheyenne Amber
  • Other Worlds
  • Bøvl med bandagerne (Freddy-serien #5)
  • The Sword Dancer (Lovers and Rebels, #1; Tang Dynasty, #4)
  • The Long Way Home (Chesapeake Diaries, #6)
  • Genghis Khan: 13th-Century Mongolian Tyrant
  • Surprising Lord Jack (Duchess of Love, #2)