Start by marking “Not Just for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Not Just for Christmas

Not Just for Christmas

When his last boyfriend broke his heart and stole his life savings, Glenn figured he would be much safer if he closed the door on love and threw himself into his job as head window dresser in a large department store. Unbeknownst to Glenn, while he continues to build a wall around his heart, his Guardian Angel is plotting to give him his happy ever after involving a manneq ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by White Stiletto Press

To ask other readers questions about Not Just for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Just for Christmas

Vio
Nov 30, 2012 Vio rated it liked it
Shelves: fun, sweet, cute, feel-good
Angels running amuck for true love, cute and adorable dreamy short. Noel and Glenn are lucky that Christian was willing to give them a second chance. Sweet feel good romance for Christmas.
Ariana
Dec 19, 2016 Ariana rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas, not-for-me
Well, this was ... hmmm....
Clearly, I was not in the right mood for this 'supernatural' Christmas story. Surely, this was meant as tongue-in-cheek? And not seriously? I hope?
A man in love with a mannequin. I worry about him. Really. He needs help, not two guardian angels who turn the mannequin into a real man. Who instaloves said man. And had feelings for him all along. Despite being a mannequin. Because apparently he was made with love. *deep sigh*

Will I ever look at mannequins the same way? No
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Ah...Glenn had an asshat of an ex, so now he's in love with the perfect guy, good looking, won't cheat, always listens..the only problem is that Noel is a mannequin at the store where Glenn is a decorator.
Now that of course puts a damper on Noel's love life but..and this part is important people, his guardian Angel ( very unorthodox ) is going to solve that little problem of Noel being an inanimate object!
Of course where ever there are angels, who are sort of rude and use bad language , and ar
Deeze
Now this is a perfect Christmas story.

Romantic and with a miracle ending.

Very very happy right now.
Aeren
Dec 03, 2016 Aeren rated it liked it
2.5. Soy una gran defensora del fanfiction, me encanta, hay gente con un gran potencial, fanfics que están mejor escritos que novelas 'serias', pero soy consciente de que el escritor de fanfic parte con una ligera 'ventaja' cuando escribe; el lector ya está interesado en los personajes, a veces ni siquiera importa desarrollar demasiado porque sabes que hay fans que van a leerlos a pesar de estas carencias, como dije, incluso a pesar de esas ventajas hay escritores de fics que trabajan a los pers ...more
Stephanie
Dec 01, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
3.5 stars. Such a sweet story. I loved it!
Tailtiu
Dec 04, 2012 Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet, christmas
3,5*
Serena Yates
Dec 12, 2012 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Some people seem to attract bad luck, and Glenn is one of them. His last lover taking his life savings has made him decide to focus on his job instead of his personal life. Little does he know that his guardian angel, Thomas, blames himself for the fiasco and is determined to fix the situation. The story that ensues is funny, made me smile, and contains enough magic for two very happy endings (which is needed because Thomas is in deep trouble for what he dared to do).

Glenn is a great guy, and ev
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Hmmm, I'm totally going to date myself here but ... this book reminds me of that movie, Mannequin, with Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrall. Well, if Kim Cattrall was a guy. And, Andrew McCarthy was into guys. But you get my drift.

This story was short and sweet with NO steamy, smexy scenes. Not a one. Hmph! Considering Lisa Worrall writes some of the steamiest, sexiest stuff out there, it felt a little like getting a piece of coal in my stocking. Just kidding. Sorta. The characters were li
Raevyn
Dec 13, 2012 Raevyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, 2012
The blurb reminded me of the 80s movie Mannequin and the story line is similar. Glenn was hurt by a previous boyfriend and has trouble getting out there now. He spends his days as a window dresser and waits until he can pull out 'Noel', the mannequin he uses for the Christmas display. Glenn has fallen for the man he believes Noel would be. Enter guardian angels and a little Christmas magic... now you have a living Noel. I thought the story was sweet, but I wanted an epilogue or something to keep ...more
Shannon
Dec 03, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
I can't believe such a short story actually made me all teary eyed. Damn that was sweet. My favorite xmas story this year so far. Glenn is in love with a mannequin Noel. Bring in the angels and voila! A miracle. :D
Lauren
3.5 stars - This was a cute and fluffy holiday short that put a smile on my face.
Shelby
3.5 stars this was cute and sweet. Such a fun tale of interfering angels and the holiday spirit. Sometimes a little love is all you need. I loved how Glenn was with his mannequin. He put so much life into the dream he wished he could have. All he needed was a little help from his guardian angel.
Oct 23, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: lisa-worrall
I really enjoyed this short story, very loving and magical. Not just a Christmas time story either. I love all the characters the sexy main characters to the naughty and grumpy angels. Can we have more please Mrs Worrall ??? please.....
Lucy
Dec 02, 2012 Lucy rated it liked it
Foul mouthed, sarcastic angels wearing diapers, okay loin clothes, helping out the unlucky in love Glenn. Unlucky because his angel sent him a loser. This time they'll get it right. With a mannequin! It's short, funny and cute.
Linda-Grace
Dec 05, 2012 Linda-Grace rated it really liked it
sweet.
blub
It was a sweet read but not something I would probably read again.
Pat Nelson
Dec 07, 2012 Pat Nelson rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this story! Definitely not your average guardian angel/Christmas tale and the end is a pleasant surprise.
OkayKim
Dec 25, 2012 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
Really, really liked this one. Would have loved it even more if the story had been fleshed a bit more. It's ending up on my holiday re-read shelf.
melek
Mar 04, 2014 melek rated it it was amazing
Glenn is in love and some angels give him his dream man.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Dec 09, 2012 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
A sweet and cute short story.
V
Dec 05, 2012 V rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Very cute and funny in some parts.
mw138
Dec 09, 2012 mw138 rated it it was ok
Sweet, but somewhat confusing.
Suze
Jan 09, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: won on authors blog
For me, more a fun Christmas story about two irreverent Guardian Angels, Thomas and Amos.
Thomas looks after Glenn who is so lonesome he fantasises about the store mannequin he dresses as Santa each year.
A bit of Christmas hocus pocus and Glenn has his man of his dreams, if only he can hold onto him.
Short, all about the improbability, and hope, of Christmas angels.
Gigi T
Gigi T rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Caroline Brand
Caroline Brand rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2013
LynW
LynW rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
boogleloo
boogleloo rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Anvesha
Anvesha rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I live in Leigh on Sea, a small seaside town just outside London on the coast of Essex, about ten minutes from Southend, which boasts the longest pier in the world. I live with my husband and two ever-growing children, who I let think are the boss of me; along with two dogs who actually are.

As the wonderful Beatrix Potter said, “There is something delicious about writing the first words of a new
More about Lisa Worrall...