Start by marking “'Tis the Season” as Want to Read:
'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season

3.23  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Isaac didn't do the cold. He didn't do singing either. So trudging through the snow in minus temperatures, freezing his balls off to sing Fa lala to complete strangers, was not his idea of fun. Until the tall, dark and handsome who opened the final door changed his mind.
Published December 1st 2012 by White Stiletto Press

To ask other readers questions about 'Tis the Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Tis the Season

Elspeth
This book kind of pissed me off, and it has nothing to do with the content. The story was okay, it was a very short fluff piece that I really wouldn't have minded paying a dollar for if it wasn't for one little fact.
The story only lasted for 50% of the book, the last 50% was adds for other books.
Yeah, color me surprised, but I don't shell out money for advertisements.
Sorry, but no.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.75*
It's cute, but very very short!
It really is just the blurb a little fleshed out.
Enny
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was ok

Cute little scene but too short and too expensive for so little content.
Serena Yates
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
Short and cute, this is the story about Isaac, a man who joins his best friend on a much hated, very cold tour of caroling through their neighborhood. Said best friend is not very nice the rest of the year, but the one day he does something selfless, collecting money for charity, Isaac feels he needs to support him.

Isaac's inner dialog is hilarious. He thinks about the cold, the unfairness of him having to be outside while his family is warm and getting ready for Christmas, and his inability to
Janna
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Very short but cute story. Rather a 2.5 stars than 3 stars read because of the abrupt ending and the lack of plot. It felt more like one elaborate scene than a story. Plus, I was not amused that it ended at approximately 50% of the already very short book, the rest was promotion for other (authors') books and review quotes...
Bev
Sep 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Sweet, cute but so, so short. Would have had at least another star if it had been longer.
Vio
Dec 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cute, sweet, fast-read, fluff
A fluffy, cute story with not much to it, a pity it ended with adverts for other authors.
Sara
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
That was... Short.
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

This one was cute but way too short. There was NO relationship development. It goes from chance meeting to kiss under the mistletoe to (view spoiler). End. Of. Story. I read the whole thing scene in 5 minutes. Not enough of ... well, anything, frankly, to make this worth my while.

Also, I feel compelled to state that this one felt a bit of a rip-off because it ended at the 51% mark on my Kindle. The remainder of the already super-short "bo
Elizabetta

Read the reviews and one word comes up frequently..."short". That wouldn't be so bad if the ebook didn't start at 9% and end at 48%. That's right, the rest is filler and ads for other books. In a nutshell (ahem) Isaac (who comes off as extremely immature and whiny -- really? a grown man sticking his tongue out -- twice?) meets his next boyfriend while Christmas caroling. End of story.
Kat
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: holidays

Very cute, very short story about a guy helping his friend collecting money for children by singing Christmas carols and meeting then the man of his dreams...
I only gave 2.5 stars because of the lack of the plot and the aprupt ending.

What annoyed me was that the book ended at 50% on my kindle and the rest was promotion for books by other authors...
Raevyn
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a very short story about Isaac and George. Isaac goes caroling with his friend every year even though he hates it. However this year he meets George at one of the houses. I wish this was longer because I liked Isaac and wanted to get to know George.
Sharon
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short, but very sweet read. Isaac goes along, begrudgingly, every year with his best friend to sing Christmas carols in their neighborhood. This year, however, he meets George at one of the "most decorated houses” he’s ever seen. Check out this sweet holiday-themed short story to find out more.
Pippii
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute and lovely Christmas fic.

A nice guy, a lot of Christmas singing - not buy the nice guy, as he is only allowed the fa la las - a lot of cold and another cute guy..

Go read, I dare you not to smile at this;)
Eli Easton
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
The writing is really excellent in this very short story -- very witty and funny, which I have a soft spot for. The characters were all cute. And as a very short holiday story it was fine. I give it 3 stars instead of higher just because it felt SO short and light.
Dutchgirl
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
It was very short but it was a sweet lovely story. I did wish it was longer though.

Lucy
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I did like his super short holiday story. Issac is funny and his BFF beck is a brat. But ii was disappointed st the story ended halfway through and then it was all ads for other books
ReviewerLarissa
Short christmas story that was okay, but really too short to be much of a story.
blub
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Too short to really get into, it was okay but not memorable.
Sara
Mar 23, 2013 rated it liked it
ebook.
Cute little story to warm the heart on a cold winter night.
~RMG
Short cute sweet.
V
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Extremely short story, but so adorable, it didn't disappoint me.
Joanne
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, it's cold outside, dark and miserable, but this book cheered me up, got me in the Christmas Spirit. A perfectly sweet and gorgeous story. I'd love to read more of these two.
Pat Nelson
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked and enjoyed this story. It combines humor with a twist at the end that you won't see coming.
Whit
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very short but sweet holiday read. Maybe one day we'll get what happened in that 12 months?
Amanda
Monika
Very sweet but WAY to short and jeez what an abrupt ending! For a second I thought I'd somehow lost chapters! I really do want more of these guys though.
Suze
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Suze by: won on authors blog
Awwww!
Christmas story. Cute. Carols. Waders!
Very short, very nice.
Perfect Christmas story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Still Life
  • Joy of the Season (Rupert's Legacy, #1)
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Angel Voices
  • Kid Christmas Rides Again
  • New York Christmas
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • My Christmas Present
  • The Heart of Frost (North Pole City Tales, #2)
  • Broken Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #1)
  • Gingerbread Palace (Delectable #4)
  • A Touch of Mistletoe
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
  • Personal Shopper
  • A Christmas Memory 1 (Memories, #1)
  • Something to Believe In
I live in Leigh on Sea, a small seaside town just outside London on the coast of Essex, about ten minutes from Southend, which boasts the longest pier in the world. I live with my husband and two ever-growing children, who I let think are the boss of me; along with two dogs who actually are.

As the wonderful Beatrix Potter said, “There is something delicious about writing the first words of a new
More about Lisa Worrall