Start by marking “Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)

Bound by Flames (Night Prince #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  17,558 Ratings  ·  1,396 Reviews
Play with fire, pay the price.

Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…

Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose re
Mass Market Paperback, 342 pages
Published January 27th 2015 by Avon

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Overcoming Together Stars

*Spoilers *

"You aren’t just my weakness, Leila.” Vlad drew me next to him, one hand sliding along my jaw while the other caressed my back. “You are my destruction, because if I were to lose you, it would finish me.”-Vlad

photo 96200-Macklemore-this-is-fucking-awe-AvR5_zps0isghrpw.gif

“Leila,” Vlad said in a carefully controlled tone when I sat back down. “I’ve seen enough suffering in my time to know that everyone handles it differently. If you want to talk about what happened, I will listen. If you don’t, I won’t press you. If you
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Reread September 2017

I pretty much feel the same way I did when I first read it. It's been two years and I didn't remember anything, so it was a nice refresher before I read the next book.

--------original review below-----------

4 Dracul-A stars!

“Love cuts deeper than the sharpest blade, cripples more than shattered bones, and leaves scars that can never fade.”

photo boundbyflames.png

Yet another fun and action packed novel by Jeaniene Frost! I will say, I had my doubts about this spin-off series, but Ms. Frost
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
Apr 13, 2013 marked it as might-give-another-try
SOON. SOON. SOON. SOON. SOON. SO SOON!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit#2: HOW DID I NOT KNOW THERE WAS AN EXCERPT!?
Edit: Screw December. 27th JANUARY 2015!? FOR REAL? #ineedhelp

The emptiness continues.
UNTIL DECEMBER 2014! Are you trying to kill me?

I feel so empty...

After reading the first two books in as good
Kristen
4 to 4 1/2 Stars

I love this couple! To be honest, I enjoy this spinoff series more than the Night Huntress series.

Can't wait for more Vlad.
Joana
Jun 10, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-tbr

I NEED...

I...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Come to me Vlad, I'm waiting for you!!!
valee
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it

NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.

It was a great read, but for some reason I just felt there were too many damn pages to describe one short event. And, seriously? Again? Another book about the heroine being kidnapped all over again??? I don't know, it just felt wrong and repetitive. I had truly higher expectations for this series. I used to enjoy reading about the main characters so much, but I never felt like the relationship evolved or changed in any significant way. The story was too similar to t
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 it's Vlad what can I say STARS

“You aren’t just my weakness, Leila.” Vlad drew me next to him, one hand sliding along my jaw while the other caressed my back. “You are my destruction, because if I were to lose you, it would finish me.”

*sigh*

I had high hopes. Really high hopes...and yeah some of them were met, but it wasn't as perfect as I thought it would be. I had a blast reading never the less. So, let's get this party started!

Actually we are literally starting with a party. Vlad has i
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
5/28/16
Need a Vlad fix.....time for a reread.

photo 11575720_zpsb424590b.jpg

5 Fantastic Burning Stars!!!!

WOW!! I looooooved this book!!! Vlad and Leila are back and determined to find Szilagyi no matter what it takes! Well….except Vlad would rather have Leila safely locked away, while he deals with this deadly adversary. However; Leila is very strong willed and is not easily persuaded. She's determined to help her husband with his enemy and It’s not long before Leila lands into evil Szilagyi's hands. His treatment of her w
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 'I haven't been this excited about a series in ages' stars!!!

Bound by Flames, the 3rd book in the Night Prince series is, in my opinion, the best of the 3 so far. It's loaded with twists and turns and things I didn't see coming, things that had me on the edge of my seat, frantic to find out how Vlad and Leila would get out of their current mess - and who was going to die a painful death for putting them in that mess. Vlad takes vengeance to a whole new level, all the while being amazingly l
Ferdy
Spoilers

I really wanted to like this instalment after being disappointed with the first two books in the Night Prince series. I tried really hard not to get irritated by the awful heroine but that failed spectacularly, which was a shame since I actually like the Night Huntress world and have enjoyed past heroines/heroes. I just couldn't with the ridiculous Leila though, she was such a bland insufferable cow.

-There wasn't much of a story, there were no decent twists or turns or good action scenes
Alex is The Romance Fox
3,5 stars

Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost is the 3rd book in the Night Prince Series, and continues the story of Vlad Dracul and Leila.

This was pretty dark. Leila is kidnapped, tortured, skinned alive, almost raped by the most evil and sinister and menacing vampire ever...Szilavyi, who is Vlad's enemy and who blows up Vlad's home!!! Most of the story is devoted to the horrible things that happens to Leila and Vlad. There wasn't much romance or sex here!!!

The ending felt a bit rushed and of cou
Melanie
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I'm going to fangirl all over this review. I can just feel it in my bones. This is such an amazing series, and probably the best spin-off series I've ever read. I loved the Night Huntress series too, but I was a little let down on how Up From the Grave ended Cat and Bone's story, but the Night Prince series has never disappointed me. I would recommend these amazing books with all my heart. Okay, I'll try to stop fangirling, but I did warn you.

I love this universe so much, and I was so happy she
Eva Rose
This book was a sad clusterfuck.

photo HCfpo_zpstys6gl4a.gif

I am really disappointed with how this book turned out, I was expecting for the plot to at least make some sense. Plus, the ending plot twist felt tack on to continue to write this series to death. Not to mention that Leila getting kidnapped and tortured has become a bit of a tradition in this series.

This ugly trend is only compounded by her rape, Frost wrote it out as her wanting it but Leila was overtaken with bloodlust, and Maximus was NOT, so he raped her.
Lala
Apr 20, 2013 marked it as to-read

I love this series sooo much! I could re-read it again and again and fall in love every time!

photo tumblr_m7rrzimeLf1rpuodgo1_500_zps11e813a4.gif

Want this book now!

photo britney-spears-waiting_zps83eb260b.gif
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Vlad's still the bad@ss, Leila's still asserting herself...and dealing with her "new" self and they're still after the bad guy. Only this time, the "bad guy" is ahead of them.

description

One of my issues is that Vlad's "book" has definitely become its own series. I had to keep reminding myself of that and not feel like it was being dragged out!

The one good thing is that there is a lot of progression with Vlad. Granted he is always domineering and doesn't always listen but I felt there were a lot of breakth
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔

“Get stuffed, don't you have more publicity stunts to pull?" Bones shot back. "How about chatting with another writer who can smear your name into greater popularity?"

"What, did Anne Rice not return your calls, mate?" Vlad asked scathingly. "Jealousy is such an ugly trait.”
At Grave's End

Sigh. I miss the Vlad from the Night Huntress books. The one who bantered with Cat and tossed adversarial snarky one-liners at Bones. That Vlad is long gone and has been since book one of this series. At leas
Robin (Bridge Four)
I really wish that Vlad and Leila’s series only took up one book instead of the three. I loved Vlad in the original Night Huntress series but his own stories seemed to have lacked something. He doesn’t play off Leila as well as some of the other characters in the series and that made this side series my least favorite.

Part of the problem is that I don’t really like Leila very much. She is so unsure of herself and insecure in a lot of ways. It makes her a little difficult to relate to. In this in
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Sep 28, 2013 marked it as i-want-it-yesterday
This book is taking forever to come out. And how the hell do I not remember Leila being turned into a vampire? Must have gotten lost in the disaster that was Twice Tempted!

I hope this one is better!

PS. The cover...Ew!

About halfway through writing Bound By Flames, I realized that I still had a lot of story left to tell, so I called my editor and said, “How would you feel about Vlad and Leila’s series ending at book four instead of book three, if I can’t fit everything into this?” Her response:
Didi
4.5 STARS

This is such a fantastic series! Filled with action, mystery and loads of romance, you seriously can't go wrong. I love Vlad, I love his over drawn and explosive intensity. I don't even think intense is a word that does this man justice, but I can't think of another word that fits him so well. I knew he loved Leila, but here he proved it numerous times to the point where the depth of his feelings for her verged on wholly dangerous. But that made me love him even more!
And Leila is one o
Bj
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I gave this audiobook an A+ for the narration and an A for the story at AudioGals*

Narrated by Tavia Gilbert

Bound by Flames is a new personal top Fantasy/Paranormal Romance favorite! Jeaniene Frost and Tavia Gilbert are truly one of the best writer/narrator combinations in this romance sub-genre. Having had the pleasure of listening to Book 2 and 3 back-to-back, I became fully immersed in Vlad’s and Leila’s world again, and I could not put down my earbuds! If you have not yet had the pleasure of
Britney
Mar 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
WTF?!?!! ONLY 3 BOOKS IN THIS SERIES?!?!!! I am so sad :(
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

icon BOOKLOVE  icon fangtastic  Icon TOP READ  icon well written

Just like the previous books in the Night Prince series, BOUND BY FLAMES is a 5 star read because Vlad never fails to rock my world!!

Vlad is just as savage as always when it comes to protecting the people he cares for and never more so than when Leila is in danger! While Vlad is awesome all on his own I've got to give Leila a huge shout out! She really came into her power and grew as a strong heroine in BOUND BY FLAMES.

Leila is still young in human years
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I love Alpha men as much as the next girl, truly I do. There’s just something about a man so utterly in control that hits all the right spots for me. And let’s admit it, among fictional Alpha guys, Vlad Tepes is the ultimate thrill. I mean, think about it – Vlad the Impaler… please note that I am trying so hard to ignore the pun potential and applaud my maturity… that Vlad, Dracul, a romantic hero! What’s not to like?

Apparently, quite a lot.

Frost’s formula worked for me at the beginning. I expec
Jonetta
Leila and Vlad, recently married, are still grappling with control issues...she wanting to maintain a level of independence and he, well, was Vlad. Unfortunately, his instincts were dead on because it didn't take long for his worst enemy to wreak havoc in their lives.

This was almost non stop action, barely giving me time to catch my breath and settle my nerves before the next onslaught of attacks. Leila couldn't have been tested more and ultimately Vlad. In a weird way, it forced Vlad to be mor
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
While the other books in this series had tension and fights, this book... shit went dowh, hella dark, and it broke my godddamn heart (i’m such a poet)

Leila is a sweet caring proper young lady who is never reckless and really thinks about the consequences of all her actions

“Let me go, I need to do this,” I tried to say, but the words came out unintelligible. Unable to talk, I glared at him. Couldn’t he see that I had to cut my head off? Right now?”

Leila’s character isn’t as bloodthirsty as Cat
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Jeaniene Frost is renowned the world over for her oh-my-god-is-it-hot-in-here scenes, but she can also rock the dark like nobody’s business, and readers were reminded of that fact with a vengeance in BOUND BY FLAMES. Graphic torture anyone? I’m talking flaying, limb amputation, silver poisoning, starvation, and pseudo rape. This installment was originally intended to be the finale of the NIGHT PRINCE series; however after listening to book 3, I can understand why the aut
MischaS_
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english
It wasn't perfect. Actually, it seems to me that author added some unnecessary passages so there would be a place for another novel. Yet, it was the first book I could read in a long time, and I am giving one extra star for this. But I still there is declining tendency in the series and the characters are getting basically destroyed from the first time they were introduced on the page. I'm starting to think it is not the best idea to give spin-offs to the fan favourites.

SPOILER ALERT - sort of

I
The BookChick
I am not a reviewer who reads and rates books without consideration. I have very clear parameters about what makes a 5☆ book a 5☆. Although Jeaniene Frost is a favorite author on my auto-buy list I don't even give her 5☆ but she consistently earns them from me again and again. And boy did she not disappoint in Bound by Flames. This book kept me gasping and guessing from beginning to end. I love the emotional growth that we see in the characters -- especially Vlad. He is definitely not the cold a ...more
CC
This was a tough read. It was really good. At least I enjoyed it overall. But parts of it were hard to read.

Vlad and Leila continue to hunt the vampire behind all of their problems. This takes an unexpected turn resulting in Leila being kidnapped (again) and tortured (again). But this time, the torture is unlike any I have read. I am sure there are books out there with more cruelty, but they are not the type of books I read. Honestly, I wonder if the author hates women. So be prepared for some d
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)
  • Aden (Vampires in America, #7)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • The Bite That Binds (Deep In Your Veins, #2)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #15)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, the Broken Destiny series, and the upcoming Night Rebel series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps i ...more
More about Jeaniene Frost

Night Prince (4 books)
  • Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
“Compromise Lesson One: Pull a dick move, and your dick gets denied. Every woman knew that, and now, so did the vampire sitting next to me.” 44 likes
“Vlad flashed a tolerant look at Mencheres. "Pay this no mind. She always argues with me when I propose to her.” 33 likes