Start by marking “Twilight with the Infamous Earl (Lords of Vice, #7)” as Want to Read:
Twilight with the Infamous Earl (Lords of Vice, #7)

Twilight with the Infamous Earl

(Lords of Vice #7)

Luck Be A Lady

Love: A Roll Of The Dice?

Emily’s vendetta is p/>Love:
Published November 26th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Twilight with the Infamous Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twilight with the Infamous Earl

Haeja
3.5 stars *shakes head*

After months of waiting for the last book in the Lord of Vice series, Twilight with the Infamous Earl has finally arrived. I mentioned in my review of the graphic novel Trese: Stories from the Diabolical Vol 1 that I think it's scary for the readers that sequels might not live up to the hype. As I mentioned in my previous reviews of the other Lords of Vice books, I most looked forward to Frost's story because I was very fascinated with how he became as frosty as his
Sandy M
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This is it. The last book in this Lords of Vice series. And ending with the baddest boy of them all seems a fitting send-off. Frost has beguiled readers for years now, and anticipating his story has kept them on tenterhooks, guessing how it’s all going to come together for him and his heroine. The question is: does Frost find that heroine who is his match? The one who stands up to him when needed? The one he’ll do anything in the world for?

Frost and Emily’s first meeting actual
Samie Kauchis
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like Alexandra Hawkins and her writing... But her books suffer from bad editing, and the HEA cliff syndrome. The story goes at a good pace for a while, then, in the last fifty pages or so, starts rushing like a charging bull towards the end. As if the author was trapped by a deadline and just wanted the thing done already. It isn't horribly done, but is definitely noticeable.
Sangria
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally! This book was worth the agonizing wait.....and too short for a anti hero turned hero like Frost. Sigh...

I love a anti hero, entirely thru this whole series, that I’m not even sure I liked that much, I’ve been a fan of Frosts, lol. I’m not surprised. I like em like this, lol. He’s devious, downright scandalous, his hands are in every couples woes. He’s a rose thorn you cannot pullout!

He’s MINE!....... :-)

He got a worthy and sensual leading lady, I left
*MariaA*
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had a lot of expectations from this one, since Frost in all the previous books was depicted as a hard hearted, cynical jerk..I thought he'd be paired with a girl who will bring him down on his knees and be as spirited as Regan!! BUT even with a perfectly great character 'Frost' and a good plot, it fell short :(

In the end I was like "W-T-H NO Epilogue", I had hoped for a lovely end,a wedding with all the other 'lords of Vice' present and a premise set up for Raven's story next, also
Lauren
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
No chemistry, no reason for them to like each other, nothing really made sense.
Marita
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This book felt more like a 3 for me, but I'm going to give it an extra star because Frost :D But that's a problem, because that's what I feel describes AH has done with this series. She gives us such a delicious premise for the series and such promise in her bare plots for each book that we're suckered into getting them hoping that she'll finally live up to the book her plots and her characters promise to give us. BUT THEY NEVER DO. And I feel so betrayed because my GOD Frost deserved so much mo ...more
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
Well, in December of 2010 my husband bought me the first edition Nook and the first book in this series was one of the first books that I downloaded. I LOVED it. I fell in love with the Lords of Vice and after meeting them all in Book 1, I couldn't wait to read each and every one of their stories. I loved the first 3 books in the series and then after that the books went progressively down hill.

It felt to me like each book had less and less meat to the story and it was more like the stories had
Diane
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Frost's story for so long and Alexandra Hawkins did not disappoint. The story focuses on the final single member of the Lords of Vice. Throughout the other stories Frost has been cynical of love and commitment. Often making fun of or being downright rude about their feelings and the women that the other Lords loved. So we knew immediately it would take a very special lady to bring Lord Chillingsworth to his knees.

That lady was Miss Emily Cavell. Emily has come to London
Iza
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
I thought that Frost will put bigger fight for his freedom. I expected a little bit more inner dialogue and doubts from him, but for a man who was so against marriage he gave up pretty easily. Also at 80% of the book I had the feeling that whole chapters were missing. A lot of scenes were just not there and I was lost for a bit. As if the author was trying to finish the novel as fast as possible.
Tamara
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This book started well, but then the momentum changes drastically in the second half. Hawkins ends one chapter with a cliff hanger and then never shows us what happened. I was convinced that I had skipped a chapter. I hadn't. But the missing plot was indicative of the rushed nature of the second half of the novel. It left me dissatisfied with the HEA.
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Frost is my favorite Lord of Vice. I really enjoyed this book but there was just something missing. A little more drama with the bad guy. It's nice to see all the Lords of Vice and their wives. And she left it open for maybe one more book, maybe
Kay
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lord Chillingsworth aka Frost is a scoundrel of the highest order. A fighter, gambler and a man-whore. His seduction skills are almost legendary as his friendship with his friends. The infamous Lords of Vice, well former Lords of Vice. He is the only unmarried one now and some of his friends are also fathers. This fact still boggles Frost's mind. In this story someone is trying to take away the Lords club, Nox. Frost and his cohorts know who it is but don't take the man seriously at first. There ...more
Greselley
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Hunter may be easy to distract, but I’m not,” Dare interjected. “What is going on between you and Emily Cavell?”
“Nothing.”
At least not at the moment.
Dare’s eyes widened in growing wonder. “It’s worse than I thought.”
Frost did not have to feign his bewilderment. “How so?”
Hunter slowly nodded. “You’re correct, Dare. How long has this been going on?”
Both gentlemen were daft. “I have no idea what you are babbling about.”
“Hmm … defensive,” Hunter noted. “And
Tiffany Day
Feb 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
I've been around since the beginning of the Vice... I only stayed because of the anticipation I had for the long-awaited Frost tale. What a let-down. The series itself peaked with Book 1 and it failed to ever return to that B- fare. Yet, Frost's character afforded so many possibilities that I stuck around, hoping for that last really great read. What we were given was the same repetitive character descriptions we've had over the last four years, a very weak story with little romance and a razor- ...more
Azwildcat * reads too much romance *

6 - All Afternoon with
Pam
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cristina
I didn't like this one bit. *sigh* I was waiting for Frost's story for what seems ages and for what? I didn't feel a damn thing.
Where was the romance? I ask myself.
This is not the Frost I've read about from the previous books. Is this suppose to be the last in the series?
Whatever happened to the Epilogue? I thought they had cut off some chapters in my ebook. I was confused for a sec.
So disappointed with this one.
Tabetha Waite
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this series, and Frost was, naturally my favorite, for his unrepentant persona and his ruthless direct personality. I was glad to see that he was still his usual 'sweet' self in this book, and I liked the heroine he ended up with. I would have liked a bit more description in parts and it seemed choppy like some of the others, but it was still a good read :)
Kelly
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I have to say, I am a little disappointed. Frost has been my favorite all along and I just felt this book was lacking something. Being how it's Frost's book, and how the opening scene was, I thought it would've been more sexual or something..
Carole-Ann
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Oh dear, Frost, such a disappointment for a finale. Super series but this one failed the rest.
Kasia
Apr 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
He was an asshole, and he stayed an asshole. And she is a stupid slut. I think that about covers it.
Anita D
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first half and sadly the second half really disappointed me. I feel like this book had so much potential. There were a few details that irritated me - such as gross violations of propriety (no chaperones ladies maids, etc), how soft and complaisant the heroine was by the end.... but really I was going along with it until the heroine succumbed to seduction so easily and under her parents roof.... 😳😒and certainly too soon in the story. It seemed like the character had done a c ...more
Maudley
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very satisfying conclusion to the series.
Gracielle Alexandra
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This would have been a 5 but the story, just like the last 2 novels, seems rushed. A pity since they were all interesting. A bit of a letdown especially how Frost was build up in the earlier novels.
Vicki Randall
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful love story loved the whole series
Phoebe
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book. A perfect ending for the Lords of Vice. Hope to see them again. Actually, im hoping that there will be a story for Lord Raven. :)
Adria's Musings and Reviews
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

Very few things are as satisfying to me as a reader than watching a jaded, seemingly cold character trip, stumble and crash into love with someone that is the total opposite of everything they have portrayed to the world.

Twilight with the Infamous Earl is a sensual, witty story and a guilty pleasure. It can be read alone but I highly recommend reading the previous books for not only a good time, but to see why the hero is such a popular o
Maura
Teresa
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
USA Today Bestselling author Alexandra Hawkins’ popular “Lords of Vice” series comes to it’s conclusion with the release of Twilight with the Infamous Earl.
Synopsis:
“LUCK BE A LADY
Lord Chillingsworth’s reputation precedes him—the infamous “Frost” is as legendary on the field of honor as he is in the bedroom. Which makes it surprising that young Emily Cavell has taken up the cause of closing Frost’s favorite gambling hell. Who does this brazen, flame-haired beauty think she is?<
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 11, 2015 12:14PM

• Something Scandalous (The Spinster Club, #3)
  • What a Wicked Earl Wants (The Sinful Scoundrels, #1)
  • How to Romance a Rake (Ugly Ducklings #2)
  • To Wager the Marquis of Wolverstone (Wicked Wagers, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Secrets of a Scandalous Marriage (Secret Brides, #3)
  • The Marrying Season (Legend of St. Dwynwen, #3)
  • Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3)
  • Surrender to the Earl (Brides of Redemption, #2)
  • Scandal in the Night (The Reckless Brides, #3)
  • What a Lady Needs (The Redgraves, #2)
  • Lover Be Mine (Legendary Lovers, #2)
  • The Greatest Lover Ever (The Westruthers, #2)
  • Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord (Dangerous Rogues, #2)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • When She Was Wicked (Honeycote, #1)
  • How to School Your Scoundrel (A Princess In Hiding, #3)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella Sisterhood, #2)
Alexandra Hawkins is an unrepentant Anglophile who discovered romance novels as a teenager and knew that one day she would be writing her own. In "The Lords of Vice" series, she has combined her love of English history, mythology, and romance to create sensual character-driven stories that, she hopes, will touch readers' hearts.

You can also find me at:

www.facebook.com/author.alexandra.haw...
Fan page: www.facebook.com/lordsofvice
www.twitter.com/lordsofvice

Lords of Vice (7 books)
  • All Night with a Rogue (Lords of Vice, #1)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Sunrise with a Notorious Lord (Lords of Vice, #4)
  • All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess (Lords of Vice, #5)
  • Dusk with a Dangerous Duke (Lords of Vice, #6)