Start by marking “Rise of the Gryphon (Belador, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Gryphon (Belador, #4)

Rise of the Gryphon (Belador #4)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  1,949 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
In the fourth novel of the bestselling Belador paranormal series, Evalle Kincaid must turn her back on the Beladors to protect those she loves, and the world, from annihilation.

To prevent a genocide, Evalle is forced to embrace her destiny…but at what cost?

As an Alterant who fights everything from trolls to demons, Evalle has lived as an outcast among the Beladors, but ca
Published July 30th 2013 by Pocket Books (first published July 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Gryphon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of the Gryphon

Barb Lie
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rise of the Gryphon by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love is the 4th book in their Belador series. If you have followed my reviews, you will know I love this series. I love Evalle, who is one of my favorite kickass heroines.

Throughout this series, we have suffered with Evalle, as the Goddess Macha continues to push her to the brink, not to mention Sen, who is always looking to destroy her. Evalle has always been loyal to the Beladors; constantly putting her life on the line, and yet she is not fu
Stephanie  G
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it

The clock is ticking for Evalle to bring in the Alterants or face the wrath of a goddess. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done. Stumbling upon a paranormal fight club, Evalle will have to become the very thing that's made her an outcast in order to come out alive and stop an attack by the Medb that could destroy the Beladors.

Evalle has a big, beautiful heart despite having a traumatic childhood and feeling like an outcast among the Beladors, a warrior organization she risks her l
Ann Gimpel
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first Sherrilyn Kenyon book I've read, but it certainly won't be the last. I actually thought I was buying the first book in the Belador Series. Despite having begun with #4, I had no trouble tracking the characters or following the plot. I truly appreciate series books that can work as standalones, too.

The writing is crisp and the story well-plotted. Storm is a great slpha hero and Evalle is a kickass heroine. The subsidiary characters are three-dimensional, for the most part.

I only
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

One of my favorite series. Nice to see everyone back. RIP Kizira. Hope they will be able to rescue Brina. Also hope Evalle will be able to find Storm. Can't wait to read Demon Storm!!!
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Belador urban fantasy series revolving around Evalle.

My Take
This was a weird combination of exciting and huh, what? If Macha and Sen could get their heads out, well, I guess there would be less of a story, but they'd be better people and half the problems in this story could probably be solved.

I can't believe how much Evalle fights against Storm and what he knows. It feels more as if it's done for the tension/drama of it, and it just pisses me off. In her law enforcement lifestyle,
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If the first three books in the Belador series were thought to be fascinating, then get ready to be totally blown away by the latest installment. RISE OF THE GRYPHON adds new dangerous troubles for Evalle to face, and each one could impact the lives of someone whom she wants to keep safe. As the dilemmas in her life become more perilous, her emotions go on a roller-coaster ride of highs and lows. With the burden of countless lives counting on her, Evalle has to make several of the most difficult ...more
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dumped, book-pile
Okay for true die hard Romance novel readers. Forget it if you like a straight Urban Paranormal series on par with Kim Harrison.

I read Bks 1 - 3 back to back in a two week period. I started Bk 4 and stopped at page 20. Update -30 days later. Haven't finished it. Won't. Wish I hadn't wasted the money.

This series has made me go back to purchasing the type of paranormal I began with. Those including authors like Kim Harrison, and Jim Butcher. Not books filled primarily with unresolved sexual tensio
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book via the first reads giveaway.

Rise of the Gryphon is the 4 installment in the Belador series by Dianna Love and Sherrilyn Kenyon, and I personally think it is the best one so far. In this story the main focus is centered around Evalle with a couple of chapters of different POVs, which is nice because we get to stick with Evalle throughout the story which can give one the feeling that they are facing the dangers right alongside her; instead of jumping from person to p
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought this book might be the last in this series...but its not! I've had mixed emotions about these books but on the whole I've enjoyed them, not unexpected considering these are written by two great authors. Once again Evalle's life is in turmoil, even a goddess is playing against her. She can't seem to do right for doing wrong these days, she's having to keep secrets from her fellow Beladors and her close friends. Storm is determined to help her and Evalle is determined to keep him safe. T ...more
Philisha Stephens
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Frustratingly excellent story. I've really loved the series with Eval and glad that she and Storm finally get together. However, it's frustrating that it ends on such a traumatic note. I rated the story a 5 because it held my attention the whole time, I read every word, and the quality of writing is excellent. The twist and turns were great and it was full of surprises. The ending left me unfulfilled and frustrated. Why can't Eval have something that ends happily? This is the 4th book in the ser ...more
Sandra Crow
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kenyon-sherrilyn
Fantastic Book!

This story continually evolves at a rapid pace. The world is crafted so completely, I can see it as if I was there. This is an action packed ride. The characters are so well crafted, I feel the emotions and feel as if they are real. I am anxiously waiting to begin read the final book in this series.
Neus Gutiérrez
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Aquí me quedo, no he visto a kenyon por ningún sitio.
Dianna Love, no gracias.
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
It started slow but it picked up quickly and was great in the second half. Only let down it's an effin cliffhanger .
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
The best of the series so far. Could have been a 5-star but for a cliff-hanger at the end....
Jill Bradley
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a GREAT series. I heart Evalle. I'm so glad I didn't give up after the first terrible book! the writing is about 40068390294 times better.

Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this next chapter in the Belador series. Things I have been waiting for finally happened and it had a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Some parts dragged along a little too slowly but all in all an enjoyable book.
amanda  Beeks
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great book. the story continues. Cannot wait for the next book.
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Talk about adrenaline rush. Can't get enough.
Adriane Alexander
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great read
Katie Michaels
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good book; an awesome urban fantasy. It’s complex and action packed; it’s got great world building, well developed characters, and a fast moving plot. I did not want to put it down. Now that it’s over, I can’t wait until the next book is out, so I can get back on the ride. For those of you unfamiliar with the series, it’s nothing like what you’re used to from Sherrilyn Kenyon. It’s not a romance (though there is a romance in the story.) It’s 100% UF. And this book, by the way, is ...more
Bryonna Nobles
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First, let's take a moment to admire this cover. How bad ass does Evalle look in this? They say "Don't judge a book by its cover" but this one, I feel, really sets the mood for the book.

You got the mystic purple background which tells you there's some major magical stuff happening within these pages. The great bat winged horse sword that I just salivate over, and then I love the play on the eyes. You have the super hot Evalle and her glowing green eyes and in the sword's blade, you have reflecte
Samantha Westall
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you have not read the previous Belador novels by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love, I seriously recommend that you do so. This is not a stand alone book and honestly you need to be up to date. I have (yep have to.. ) read the previous books every time a new book is released.. so I am up to date. Going into this book thinking to read it first. Not a good idea. Especially this one.

Rise of the Gryphon is the fourth book in the Belador Series and it is what I would almost call a transition book.
Nov 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Evalle is running out of time to find five Alterants to swear loyalty to Macha, and to find Tristian to find out their true origins. But first they must find a way into an illegal beast fight club, one that if she gets caught nobody will able to save her. Not to mention succeeding means going with the Medb, where she might not have a way out of their plans for her.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others. Don't get me wrong I still loved the book, but it felt like something was lacking. Ma
Michelle Randall
Rise of the Gryphon is the forth book in the Belador series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love. If you read no other series but one this year, make it this series, please! It is amazing, truly.

Things are moving along! I mean it almost feels like we might be getting close to finding some real answers, and we do find some in this book, but they only serve to actually raise more questions!

Evalle and Storm are still searching to get Tristian and the other Alterants to come to Macha, and the Maedb a
Carey Sabala
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rise of the Gryphon is the newest installment in the Belador series by Diana Love and Sherrilyn Kenyon. In this book we find our heroine Evalle in a battle of wills with the Belador's, fighting for her life (literally and figuratively) and finding romance. Pretty much the blurb above sums up most of the action, so I won't rehash that bit but I will say, as for the romance, ......freakin' finally!!! I've been waiting since book one for some romance to happen!!! I didn't care whom the HEA was for ...more
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

As always good exciting Read awesome characters fantastic powers intrigue betrayal and triumph very much looking forward to next book
Robin Priddy
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Robin by: nightowl romance
This is the fourth installment of Ms Kenyon and Ms Love's Belandor series. I love anything from these authors and when the two of them get together you have on heck of a story. This book will answer a lot of questions that the first three books brought up. We finally find out the answer to what the Alterants are and where they came from. And what the evil Mebd want with them. This was a wonderful action filled book from start to finish. I can't wait for the next installment of this series.

Randy Daugherty
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rise of the Gryphon by Sherrilyn Kenyon is the fourth in the Belador series. Evalle is still under the threat of death searching for Tristan who holds the secret of the Alterants past and the key to their future as a race.
Storm the Native shapeshifter with more powers than anyone seems to understand follows and aids Evalle in her search and comes across a with , one who is in league with the witchdoctor who holds Storms soul captive and now it seems who also has plans for Evalle.
The Melb still t
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Apocalypse Happens (Phoenix Chronicles, #3)
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • Silver Moon (The Deja Vu Chronicles #2)
  • Dark Waters (Elemental #1)
  • Rise of the Dunamy
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • The Birth of Death (The Legacy of Evorath, #1)
  • Divided against Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #2)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Midnight's Captive (Dark Warriors, #6)
  • To Love a Highland Dragon (Dragon Lore, #2)
  • Courted by the Vampire (Eight Realms, #1)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Belador (9 books)
  • Blood Trinity (Belador, #1)
  • Alterant (Belador, #2)
  • The Curse (Belador #3)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Witchlock (Belador, #6)
  • Rogue Belador (Belador #7)
  • Dragon King Of Treoir (Belador, #8)
  • Belador Cosaint (Belador, #9)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Salt Roads
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00