Start by marking “From This Day Forward” as Want to Read:
From This Day Forward

From This Day Forward

When a couple gets married, it isn't just their lives that are thrown into chaos.

For Nicholas and Nala's wedding, there's the mother of the bride who is forced to face her failed marriage; there mother of the groom, who revisits her past -- an old love; the bride's best friend who has lost the only boy she thinks she will ever love and with him, all her happiness; the brid
Published December 3rd 2012 by Summit Books (first published November 2012)

To ask other readers questions about From This Day Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From This Day Forward

Kwesi 章英狮
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kwesi 章英狮 by: Maria Ella
An indulging first read from Miniano. Nicholas and Nala decide to take risk, they want to tie the knot, but it involves lots of people in the game of love: Nala’s mother trapped from her past marriage, the groom’s mother who once again face her old lover, the best friend’s tragic love story, a love theft from Nicholas’ past and the sister that will never understand his choices, and a household tour from the future. All of these people only wanted one thing, a happily ever after.

This is not your
Tina
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Original post from One More Page

When a couple gets married, it's easy to think that only their lives will change since they're really the star the wedding and the marriage that comes after. It's easy to think that way since all spotlight is turned to them, but have we ever considered what happens to the lives of the people around them? Case in point: one of my closest friend's sister got married last December, and she told me that she and their youngest sister spent the next few days crying beca
Lynai
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lynai by: Tina
This reminds me of A Visit from the Goon Squad. More thoughts later.

***REVIEW UPDATE***
May is my second most favorite month because it’s my wedding anniversary month, and as part of the celebration of my first wedding anniversary, I chose Marla Miniano’s From This Day Forward as one of my required readings for the month. I really thought that this will be a feel-good-warm-and-fuzzy story. But I was wrong. I was misled by the title! Haha. :D

Even though I was wrong with my expectations, I was not
Cassandra Javier
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
AennA
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
My thoughts, inspired by the book.

The concept of reading different character’s point of view and share of story, revolving one central topic never fails to entice my reading eyes. With a different style of melancholy, From This Day Forward is divided in 7 chapters, focusing on each character’s story. Here we will read about the different stories surrounding the wedding of Nicholas and Nala.

A story of old lovers revisiting the past; the best friend who are still mourning over a heartbreak, a cou
Haeja
Kimberly
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: completed

I bought this book a few days ago, together with another one, because the book that I originally wanted to buy was out of stock. Boo. Anyway, I decided to get this because I loved the cover and I've grown up reading Summit books.

Nala and Nicholas are about to get married, and as written, it isn't their lives that are thrown into chaos. I didn't really expect anything when I started reading this.

I agree with one of the readers (I can't remember exactly who said this) that it's a good boo
Jemss Pena
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's one of my faves on Marla Miniano's published books. It gives a different perspective on marriages after church bells ring and not all of them turn out the happily ever afters we always wanted. The book makes me believe more if you want something you have to start first and take the big step and not just sit around, waiting and looking pretty like a damsel in distress.

My favorite quote in this one was: "Be safe and be brave. And if you can, please be both at the same time."
- Carmen

Who's Carm
Sheilalalalala
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've always loved a love-actually-esque type of stories and Miss Miniano have been successful in rendering this kind of stories. Although I prefer her first book with this kind of format, Table for Two, but I also enjoyed reading this one. Although there are things that weren't, um, elaborated on the latter part of the story, (I will very much liked it more if some of the characters future ya-di-da's were mentioned...) but, yep, I liked it. :)
Mariz Ponti
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marla Miniano's From This Day Forward takes something as memorable as marriage, something as grandiose as a wedding and flips it. It gives you all the emotions that most people forget to consider when they think of matrimony. It's beautiful to not only go from the engagement to the end from the couple's point of view, but also through the eyes of friends and family.

Doreen
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
I followed the desrciption at the back of the book while reading the story. The story I'm really intrigued about is the cousin'. I wonder if Annika and Nicholas fooled around while he is still with Nala. That part for me is the page turner. I wonder if Marla will create a spin off about Annika. Based on her account, she seems to be an interesting character and worthy of a story of her own.
Desiree
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I like the fact that you can learn a lot of things about love from the different point of views of the characters involved in the story. Bittersweet as I may best describe the whole story but the fact that what happened in the story is realistic made the book worthy to read. Good job, Miss Marla.:)
Kat
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Matter occupies space,and I know-I guess I always have-that I can only have space for the thing that matter." ♥

First Marla Miniano book that I've read and I really really liked it! I love the way she writes! :)
Cae
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I was a bit disappointed though surprised that the story didn't even remotely revolved around the couple but the people around them.

But then I saw the beauty of it. The House Tour was the best imo. Plus I loved the design of the cover and the chapter pages.
Maria Ella
I loved the bittersweetness of New Year's Eve.
Dana Aguto
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked Table for Two better. Nonetheless, this was definitely an interesting read.
Jelou Galang
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, favorites
This book made me write a three-page essay. I love the vagueness and uniqueness of the story line and oh, the words-- they gave overflowing emotions.
Kristine
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for couples who are planning on getting married. Not me though. Haha. But I loved it! :)
Min Wuh
rated it it was ok
May 04, 2015
Arciie Labotsirc
Apr 30, 2015
  • Interim Goddess of Love (Interim Goddess of Love, #1)
  • The Breakup Diaries
  • What's In Your Heart
  • Vince's Life
  • All's Fair in Blog and War
  • Trese: Stories from the Diabolical, Volume 1 (Trese: Stories from the Diabolical, #1)
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • Drama Queen
  • Lovestruck: Singles Edition
  • A Bottle of Storm Clouds: Stories
  • A Hundred Days With You
  • Mapapansin Kaya?
  • Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah
  • My Perfect Guy (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #14)
Since she was a third-grader, Marla Miniano already knew she wanted to write. But it wasn't until she was in the sixth grade when she unofficially began her career as a writer. Marla was assigned to write the script for a play in their school program and her English teacher praised her writing, saying that she should keep doing it. She never stopped since then.

When she was studying AB Interdiscipl
“You can’t help wondering if this is the year that you’d be getting a good story again. It was the same thing you wondered last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. In light of everything and in spite of everything, it seems foolish to expect and demand for anything. It seems foolish to even hope. Yet, you still do.” 13 likes
“Did I ever tell you that my mother and father started out as pen pals? They wrote these long, unabashedly affectionate love letters to one another, peppered with clichés and pie-in-the-sky proclamations of eternal devotion. Despite my father’s eventual dishonesty and unfaithfulness, I have to believe he meant every word he wrote at that time, and it was admittedly romantic, uncovering my parents’ yellowed letters, all soft, crumbling corners and black ink stains, one rainy afternoon. Because how can anyone scrawl lies, really, in their own handwriting, the evidence of your own betrayal right in front of you? I sat cross-legged on the floor, holding my breath as I unfolded each letter, fragile and expectant, like a little girl opening her presents on Christmas morning. I sat there and soaked up my parents’ love for each other, and then I wondered where all those feelings had escaped to. I wondered where love went when it was lost—did it travel far, across miles and oceans and forests and deserts, or did it linger somewhere nearby, just waiting for a chance to be summoned again? Wherever it was, I could only hope it had ended up settling somewhere quieter, safer.” 11 likes