Start by marking “Sheol (West of Hell #3)” as Want to Read:
Sheol (West of Hell #3)

Sheol

(West of Hell #3)

Sheol is the third and final book in the West of Hell trilogy.

After escaping the decimated town of Gehenna and the mighty Tartarus river, Karen finds herself trapped in a prison in the city of Sheol. Knowing that an army of the dead is marching across the desert behind her, Karen must find a way to escape the sadistic Evans, and rally the citizens of Sheol for one last
Kindle Edition
Published November 24th 2012 (first published November 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sheol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sheol

Start your review of Sheol (West of Hell #3)
Dan Schwent
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, lendable
An army of moaners a thousand strong converges on Sheol and Karen is the only one who can stop them. Too bad she's standing on a gallows and the last time she saw McCall, the moaners were upon him...

Sheol brings the West of Hell trilogy to a conclusion. Loose ends are tied up and the end was part awesome, part WTF? I half-suspected what was coming but it was still a surprise.

The amazing thing about the West of Hell trilogy is how far Karen and McCall end up from where they started, both
Mr. Matt
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, western, horror, zombies
Sheol wraps up the story of McCall, Karen and the mysterious zombie apocalypse. I have to confess that just as I was growing a bit tired of more of the same the author really surprised me with an unexpected and very cool little twist.

It turns out that there is much more going on in the story than your run of the mill cowboys versus zombies thing. I like stories that surprise me. Sheol did a great job of doing just that. In this book it dawned on me that no one had any memories of more than a
Jannah
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once again Jason Brant knocks it out of the park. We pick up right where Tartarus left off... or do we? Oh, yeah~ I'm not telling. I am convinced that no one writes action and fight scenes more adeptly and descriptively as this mullet-fanatic, Jason Brant. An amazing conclusion to an EXCELLENT trilogy. I eagerly await his next work. 5 reapers for Sheol, and 5 reapers to the West of Hell Trilogy.
Alondra Miller
4 Stars

That was a fun zombie trilogy. Good grief, I love the whole zombie thing.

If interested, the first book is FREE on Amazon; always, per the author. :)
Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp
Sheol is the third and last book in the West of Hell series. It was the perfect conclusion to a completely different and wild ride. Zombies, prostitutes, and the Wild West ended up being the perfect combination.

I do not even know how to start because I do not want to post any spoilers. The second book left off with McCall sending Karen and Stephen to safety, at the detriment to his own. The third book begins with a shock that makes you glad that the hero is still in the story.

Karen is in jail,
Nicki
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Holy crapola! Jason Brant has done it again. Sheol was impossible to put down. It's horror, zombies, gore and action at their finest. The imagery is disturbing and frighteningly, makes you feel as if you're in the thick of it.

I really like that there is a strong female lead that doesn't need constant saving either. Matter of fact, Karen is a heroine in her own right. I think in this genre and especially the time frame in which this series is set, it would be an easy pit fall to trip into.
David Dalton
The ending? What was that?

Highly disappointed in the ending of this trilogy. Surely this is not the end? Where did this come from? The blog no longer works. Can someone explain the ending to me? Did the author paint himself into a corner and could not figure out a proper ending? Bah!
Terri Baldwin
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final installment of the West Of Hell series. When I read the first two books, Gehenna and Tartarus, I loved them. This final book made me love them more. So much more that I have to go and read the entire series over again! This is not just your typical zombie series…

When I sat down to do this review, I had a hard time trying to figure out how to describe this book without giving away the surprise. It took until I finished this incredible story to realize exactly what the
Heidi
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jason Brant takes you on a journey back to the Wild West. Everyone is living life as usual until zombies, or moaners enter the scene. Karen and Mad Dog McCall are fleeing from one hell to another to escape these creatures. In this last book of the trilogy Karen is in prison, and about to hang for crimes she did not commit. McCall is crossing the desert to meet her in Sheol. They want to warn the people of the death that is coming toward them.
This is a book where I could see what was happening
Pamela Morris
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
It was great to finally get my hands on this final book of the West of Hell Series. Just as fast-paced as the first two. My only issue was the end. Sorry, Mr. Brant - I don't get it. I mean, I think maybe I do - but I'm not sure. If the end is what I think it is, then that's pretty cool. :) Can I get any more vague so as not to spoil it for future readers? Seriously, though. A great Wild West Zombie trilogy. Great fun.
Michael Loring
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-books
Sheol is the third and final book in the West of Hell series by author Jason Brant, concluding the Ol’ West’s fight against the mass horde of the undead.

I can’t go into the plot of this book, for it’ll contain way too many spoilers. All I can say is: Holy SH**!

Sheol is a fitting ending to the series, and I sincerely feel Jason Brant did a great job with the entire thing. There were a few questions I had with this book, but thankfully they were all answered at the end and I can say with the
Rene Folsom
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sheol was my favorite book in the West of Hell Trilogy, by far. The end of Tartarus left me hanging by a fingernail, causing me to start reading Sheol immediately without passing go or collecting $200. I kept thinking, there’s no way these two people are still alive, no matter how strong they seem to be. McCall and Karen were constantly surrounded by pain, fire, and endless moans of death. And what place is described as a painful lake of fire with sounds of wailing and gnashing of teeth? So, ...more
Rosemary
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After McCall was seemingly overrun by the zombies on their way to Sheol, Karen and the child she and McCall rescued from the train, made their way to Sheol on their own.

On arriving in town she was arrested by the sheriff of the town and thrown into jail. I won’t go into detail, but McCall, who Karen though was dead, arrived to save her from the gallows, and they, together with some of the town’s citizens tried to take a stand against the approaching zombie hoards.

They eventually had to flee,
Magen McMinimy
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Phew thank you, Mad Dog. That’s all I’ll say about that. Here again Brant wrote a fantastic story and a fitting end to the zombie apocalypse. There are layers to this series and I truly enjoyed all of them, for me this wasn’t just a story about flesh eating monsters in a western setting, nor was it just a horror story. The characters were enjoyable and I loved the connection Karen and McCall found with one another. This final installment had me questioning things in the series and when the ...more
Brian Switzer
More than meets the eye.

Sheol is the final volume in Jason Brant's West of Hell series, and it wraps up the mysteries of the zombie horde's attack on three towns on the edge of the desert.

There is more to Karen, McCall, Sheol and the West of Hell trilogy then meets the eye and the book brings the series to a satisfying conclusion on more than one level.

Like the two books before it Sheol is a blazing fast read that's all action. There is a ton of gore and a lot of laughs. If I ever have to
Heidi
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
I absolutely loved Sheol. It took me some time to finally read it after the events in Tatarus, but I'm glad I finally forgave Jason, and read it. He is an absolute genus in how he wrote both Tatarus, and Sheol. I am hoping that Jason will revisit the series and add another book that explains the gate, and what is beyond it.

The ending makes you look back and reevaluate the entire series.

This is definitely a must read series.
Addie Mariama
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good conclusion to the West of Hell series.
The entire West of Hell series has been chock full of Western Zombie fun, and this conclusion ramps up the excitement and gore for a thrilling end. I was a bit disappointed that some of the questions raised did were not answered, but overall a very good book.
Phil Jones
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Longer (slightly) and better than the first two books, this chapter leads our main characters to a conclusion of sorts. The story right at the end introduces a concept out of left field which makes me wonder if there is another book. Or two in this yet?
Robert Wood
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's been quite a while since I binge read a series let alone two separate ones by an author I was previously unaware of. I am now a committed Jason Brant fan and look forward to and will keep a watchful eye out for his future work. The wild west and zombies! Nuff said eh.
Wayne's
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this series a really interesting zombie series with a little extra, lots of fun.
Christopher Balf
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third book and the final, and it doesn't let up. A great twist at the end which certainly made me think
April Taylor
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed against wrong book, Sorry.
Robert Leath
Mar 05, 2017
Jeff Laws
Jul 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more

West of Hell (3 books)
  • Gehenna (West of Hell #1)
  • Tartarus (West of Hell #2)