Start by marking “The Wedding Plan” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Plan

The Wedding Plan

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Merry Wyatt would do almost anything to fulfill her father's dying wish. But marrying Lucas Calder is not an option. Sure, they have occasionally pretended to be in a relationship when it was convenient, but a real marriage? That's definitely out of the question.

However, a fake marriage might work. Lucas may not be too keen, but Merry knows he won't let her down.

When her f
Published November 1st 2012 by Harlequin Superromance (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Plan

Susan
Good book. Merry and Lucas had been friends all their lives, sometimes pretending to be in a relationship to help each other out. When Merry's father wants her married before he dies, she goes to Lucas for help. He isn't thrilled with the idea, but does it anyway thinking it won't be for long. When her dad recovers and they need to stay married things get complicated it a hurry. I liked both Lucas and Merry though I often wanted to shake Lucas. He's a Navy pilot recovering from injuries and wait ...more
Dawn
It was cute. I've read some better. I enjoyed the mistakes that Lucas and Merry made along the way.
CL
2.5*

I loved the whole basis of the book but unfortunately there was too much back-and-forth in the delivery and towards the end I ended up thinking it would be better for both if they didn't get their HEA, which is not something that should ever cross your mind in a romance novel.

The pet names really didn't work - the way two people who have known each other their whole lives could fall effortlessly into fake pet names for each other, even when they weren't in front of other people so they didn
Annabeth Leong
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, the marriage of convenience -- another romance trope I love more than I should. This one worked well for me. As part of Harlequin's superromance line, the sensuality was understated (not my usual thing), but Gaines weaves an interesting romantic plot and has a good grasp of emotion. I found myself as interested in the heroine's relationship with her father as I was in her relationship with the hero. Glad I read this one.
Mina
Abby Gaines always delivers a good read. This story features appealing characters, good plotting, and a great combination of humor, realisticness, angst, drama, backstory and compelling romance. I would rate it higher if I didn't so dislike the cliched plot device at the centre of the story (view spoiler).
Joanna
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far the worst book by Abby Gaines I have read, but still not bad.
My main objection is that love between two main characters wasn't really believable. The story for me was lacking something, because I don't get why and how they fell in love and I didn't actually felt that they love each other.
John and Cathy's lovestory was much better.
Anastasia
Not my favorite book by this author. I just think the romance was missing. They never really had that spark for each other. Even their first time "together" was terrible. They just kind of grew to love one another by the end. But the end was sweet and did save the book for me.
Cary
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
On the plus side: this is a clean book
On the negative side: this is a plot I have read and reread.

Makes you want to shout that if it is obvious to the reader that they love each then why can't they see it?
Harlequin Books
Category: Heart & Home
Kai Trice
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read and great book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I write funny, tender romance novels for Harlequin Superromance and Love Inspired Historical.

My next book to be released is That New York Minute, out in April 2012.

I like to set aside some of my writing time for experimental projects - I'm currently trying my hand at a humorous women's fiction novel, and I also finished a Young Adult manuscript.

To find read excerpts of my books or to find out mo
More about Abby Gaines...