Start by marking “Dragonfly” as Want to Read:
Dragonfly

Dragonfly

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Carrie Thatcher is a tough Imperial counter-terrorism agent. Her mission: pose as a sexy cyber-thief to entrap the notorious rebel Dragonfly, who’s planning a heist on the space station Casa de Esperanza – an orbital casino on the fringe of Imperial space.

And this assignment’s personal: Dragonfly murdered her closest friend, and she’s in no mood to show him mercy. Even get
ebook
Published December 1st 2012 by Momentum (Pan Macmillan Australia)

To ask other readers questions about Dragonfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragonfly

Sandy Williams
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’m so freaking excited about DRAGONFLY by Erica Hayes. It is exactly what I want in my science fiction romance reads. I’m extremely picky when it comes to this genre. I’ve read so many SFR’s that start well but then they just totally lose me, and even the ones that I like are sometimes missing that X factor - the unidentifiable thing that makes me want to run around shoving copies of the book into everyone’s arms.

DRAGONFLY had that thing I’m always looking for. It was everything I wanted it to
Rabidreading
Excellent sci-fi romance. The ending leaves the door open for a sequel, and to that, all I can say is, YES PLEASE! :D
new_user
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like the noble, self-sacrificing hero
Shelves: romantic-scifi
Other than one totally out of place scene where a bunch of fearsome terrorists have nothing to do but taunt a 14 year old "rich girl" like mean girls in the middle of a mission and the heroine blames her for "luring" the killers with her sexy, sexy clothes, Dragonfly was exciting! Erica Hayes can write. Loved Dragonfly the character too, LOL. So sweet. I really liked the theme, which I won't give away, but involves empire.
Dark Faerie Tales
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: An engaging tale of good bad guys and bad good guys; where the line between what is right and wrong are blurred by one’s morals.

Opening Sentence: “What’s the emergency?”

The Review:

In the cold and empty expanse of space, things are beginning to heat up in the Imperial’s war on terrorism. Axis agent Carrie Thatcher, AKA Aragon, has been assigned to take down one of the more notorious rebels of them all; the infamous Dragonfly. She’s all in wh
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

DRAGONFLY was a difficult book for me to read and review as I tend to like to watch science fiction television and movies more than read them. Much of this has to do with getting lost in all of the technology descriptions with no good way to visualize what I am reading. From a purely plot standpoint, ignoring all of the sci-fi elements, DRAGONFLY was a pretty good story filled with tons of action and intrigue. The world building is vast with lots of int
Pippa Jay
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
What I liked.
The world building was in-depth, complex and intriguing. The plot was high tension and action packed. There was quite a bit of science (maths) and technology, something I love but that might put off those not so keen on heavy SF elements. The characters are captivating, and the hero particularly takes some figuring out.

What I didn't like.
This was quite slow at the start due to a heavy amount of set up and world building, but had a lot of tension throughout, right to the final confli
Liz
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
soooooooooo good!! crossing my fingers for a sequel!
Helena#bookdreamer
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
the novel was ok. Carrie was total kick-ass just not crazy about dragonfly. he was too soft and not enough leadership
Has
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at

The Book Pushers.
Carrie, who is also known under her codename as Aragon, is an Axis imperial agent. She’s been given the mission to hunt down a cyber-thief rebel who goes under the name, Dragonfly. She has been given crappy run-of-the-mill missions after her team and fiance were killed in action when their mission went wrong. But Carrie jumps at the chance to track down Dragonfly who is to blame for their deaths. However, complications occurs when the black ops arm of
Rosie
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it

There’s something about a SciFi romance that appeals to the geek within me.
I love the adventure of powering through space, visiting satellites and docking stations, seeing the difference between colonized worlds and making space jumps that will carry me hundreds of light years to completely different places in the universe. SciFi provides such a wonderful scope for stretching the boundaries of the imagination. Yet in the coldness of space, surrounded by the bright remote stars, all too often Sc
Borderstar
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-sci-fi

I really liked the premise and I haven't read a sci-fi romance for a while so was looking forward to this, but I just found it to be tough going. Its pretty slow and was bogged down with lots of info dumping and techie futuristic jargon especially at the beginning. I normally like reading about all the techie stuff in a sci-fi but this was not done in a way that made it interesting.

I found that a lot of the time I was finding the book to be really slow going and that not a lot was happe
Barbara
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great SciFi romance. As an Imperial counter-terrorism agent, Carrie Thatcher has a new mission - to go after the rebel called Dragonfly. What complicates matters, is that this mission is personal, since Dragonfly is responsible for the deaths of her team members, including her lover. Then things go from bad to worse when she has to partner with an ex-lover, a sociopath that can’t be trusted. Once she gets into her role as a cyber-thief and gets involved in Dragonfly’s latest heist, it gets even ...more
PepperP0t
The Empire's Imperial war heats up personally for Axis counter-insurrection agent Carrie Thatcher, code name Aragon when she's is called in from vacation to chase down one of the galaxy's most audacious and skillful thieves, Dragonfly and stop him. Six years ago, Dragonfly was responsible for killing Carrie's entire team including her fiancé. Now he's rumored to be planning to derail an important Imperial negotiation.

But Carrie's given an anchor for her ankle as the mission begins in the form o
Elizabeth
Originally published at West Coast Book Reviews.

This one caught my eye when I was browsing the publisher's website. It looked like a good fit for the scifi/adventure tear I've been on and I sure enjoyed it.

First off, I appreciated the well layered main characters Carrie and Dragonfly. Both have pasts, presents and goals which are revealed as they develop. Revelations and challenges make them more complex and real while stripping them down to who they really are. Not only are they they sums of th
Sonia
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: space-opera
Empieza como una estupenda Space opera, con un mundo bien construido y ciertas pinceladas tekkies que me han convencido totalmente. La protagonista es lo suficientemente inteligente y valiente como para resultar convincente, además, sus dilemas internos son creíbles y facilitan la empatía.
El problema surge cuando nos quieren vender la historia romántica, la novela pierde fuelle y resulta poco creíble. Las dificultades que separan a los protas son cuasi insalvables en cualquier mente racional per
Zoe
I'm new to the Sci-fi genre because I usually find it disinteresting or hard to follow. With the added genre of romance and excellent world building in this book I was totally and utterly drawn in. I only put this book down when my eyelids were dropping and the early morning fast approaching. There are so many layers to reveal in this book. So many aliases, backgrounds and allegiances. Everything felt well-paced and was very well written. You will not be disappointed with the romance either!

Then
Lais Roque
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK! Carrie is lovely! We can identify with her actions, and understand why she become her. Marvelous action scenes,Dragonfly is really well writen,read in only one day! The romance is realistic and sexy! the only bad thing is that we don't know if will be a sequel! I NEED BOOK TWO! :)
S.E. Gilchrist
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Fiesty strong heroine and a great adventure story. Another keeper.
Paula
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
didn't like the way it ended to set up for the next book but story was good
Amanda
Read up to 50%, but felt disconnected with the characters. End up dnf. Might continue back some time later.
Shannon
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Kenyon's 'The League Series', people who enjoy space adventures with a bit of romance
Surprisingly great read! Fans of Kenyon's The League Series should definitely give this book a try. More detailed review to come...
Shanny
Impishfae
Mar 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Unacceptable Risk
  • Celestial Seduction (1Night Stand, #17)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Jaq's Harp (Future Tales, #1)
  • Caught in Amber
  • Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)
  • Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five Universe, #4)
  • Even Villains Fall In Love (Heroes and Villains, #1)
  • In Enemy Hands (In Enemy Hands #1)
  • Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • Mind Raider (The Anomaly #2)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • When Dark Falls
  • Ghost in the Machine (Corwint Central Agent Files, #1)
  • Greenshift (From the World of Ambasadora)
  • The Outback Stars (The Outback Stars #1)
  • Spark Rising (The Progenitor Saga, #1)
  • Thief (Fringe, #1)
Erica Hayes was a law student, an air force officer, an editorial assistant and a musician, before finally landing her dream job: fantasy writer. She writes dark paranormal romance, urban fantasy and romantic science fiction, and her books feature tough, smart heroines and colorful heroes with dark secrets.

She hails from Australia, where she drifts from city to city, leaving a trail of chaos behin

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage