Start by marking “Wolves: Capturing The Natural Spirit of These Incredible Animals” as Want to Read:
Wolves: Capturing The Natural Spirit of These Incredible Animals

Wolves: Capturing The Natural Spirit of These Incredible Animals

Published 2011 by Parragon

To ask other readers questions about Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolves

J.T.
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, animals
The combination of stunning photography and wolf facts help the book accomplish its purpose: to educate on the wolf and its presence in myth and reality. The text and caption organization is neat. Overall, a good read for anyone eager to learn about wolf pack life.
Jenni
Jan 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, animals
This is a great book with lots of information (I learned so many things I never knew before!) and breathtaking photos.
Lishu
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This informative book is loved by my son and anyone that has read it in our house. My son loves Wolves and we got this book for him for his 8th birthday and at 14 years old, it is still one of his favorite books. The book is best suited for students, 3rd grade and above, or it can also be used as a picture book for K through 2nd-grade students. This book holds valuable information about all aspects of wolves - their markings, family structure, food, and etc. while having lots of pictures to supp ...more
L. Layale
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The pictures in this book are just GORGEOUS. Wolves are such amazing, and majestic creatures. I loved that the pictures captured the personality of each wolf. They are very distinct and articulated. I loved the fast facts about them too.
Paula
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The photography by Monty Sloan is breathtaking. The wolves are so beautiful. And the narration by Shaun Ellis is wonderful and informative. I knew wolves lived in complex groups, but the examples that are given here make you realize there's much more to these intelligent animals that modern society has ever realized. But ancient cultures across the world did know this, and often revered and honored this noble relative of our beloved domestic dogs.
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
Ellis' 'Wolves' contains Beautiful photography, is Filled with information, and writes Passionate with a plea to save these incredible creatures. I learned so much in this one documentation. Highly worth not just the read but the buy. The saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" has never rung so true to me as with this book. Absolutely incredible.
Joy Wilson
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful gift from my parents. I have always loved wolves and this book shows their undeniable intelligence, power, and beauty. The pictures are phenomenal and the writing is excellent. I enjoyed every bit of information and will spend many hours going back through the pictures. Truly a great "coffee table" book.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
The book is so beautiful! The pictures I can't even begin to explain how wonderful they are. Definately recommend to any Wolf lover like myself!
Patricia
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a stunningly beautiful look at the private lives of wolves: their behavior, society, and how human beings, this world needs them. They make a difference.
David Roark
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and a lot of great pictures.
Munch
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
lots of new information since I read about wolves in college, great book!
Sherri Anderson
This book has absolute beautiful pictures. There was way too much redundancy between the picture descriptions and the reading.
Holly