Start by marking “Alpha & Omega (Locke & Key, #6)” as Want to Read:
Alpha & Omega (Locke & Key, #6)

Alpha & Omega

(Locke & Key #6)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  20,963 ratings  ·  1,780 reviews
The shadows have never been darker and the end has never been closer. Turn the key and open the last door; it's time to say goodbye.

The final arc of New York Times bestselling Locke & Key comes to a thundrous and compelling conclusion.

An event not to be missed!

Collects Alpha #1-2 and Omega #1-5 .
Published January 2014 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Alpha & Omega, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Deb Jannerson
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jonathan
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  20,963 ratings  ·  1,780 reviews

Raeleen Lemay
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After re-reading this series, my feelings still stand. I WANT EVERYBODY TO READ THESE BOOKS.

-------------------------------------------

This. Freaking. Series.

Locke & Key is by far the best series of graphic novels I have ever read (and I really love Saga. So that's saying a lot). The characters, the plot, the magic system, THE HISTORY, everything is so well crafted. Joe Hill is a masterpiece of a human. Also kudos to Gabriel Rodriguez for the artwork though, because it made me cry in this v
Anne
The final showdown! Good vs Evil!

description

No, I'm not going to ruin it by rehashing what happens.
You'll have to find that out for yourself. And you should...
I will say that there are unlikely (and even unlikable) heroes who step up to the plate in this volume. There are tragic deaths, unbelievable sacrifice, and gut-wrenching loss. But there's also forgiveness, understanding, and healing.

description

The thing that stands out to me about this entire series is that there are no throwaway characters.
Not the friends,
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Keys turn both ways . . .”

Me =

Dallas Commercial Photography

but, you know, less lumpy.

If you follow my reviews you already know that comic books – graphic novels? – whatever the f*&^ is the politically correct term – are something new I’ve recently added to my reading repertoire. I was lucky enough to snag all six volumes of Locke & Key from the library at once. However, as soon as I sat down with Welcome to Lovecraft I found myself mesmerized, kinda
Patrick
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So much depends on the end of a series. If things don't wrap up well, then entire story tends to deflate. (Think Matrix if you don't believe me.)

Happily, this series ends well. Part of me wishes the overall story arc would have been longer... but honestly, that's a good way to feel at the end of things, and it's much better than the alternative. (Which is to wish that the series had ended several books ago.)
mark monday
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
oooooo.... thrilling conclusion to a thrilling series!

teens in danger!

a possessed little boy!

a magical house with a magical history!

a trans-dimensional threat wants to rule the earth!

our fathers' sins will always come back to haunt the present!

top-notch writing! superlative art!

things fall apart; everything comes together!

oh, and a bloodbath at the prom after-party!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: if you haven't read the previous volumes in this series, read them first. or reread them if it has been
Calista
The series is now complete and all the questions have their answers. This is the bloodiest volume of the series. I think the poor town will be mourning people for years.

Dodge has the upper hand all the way through this volume. It did look like he was going to win. He is truly evil in this one. Every character goes through some horrors in this one. Rufus has a shining moment here and he is a great character, maybe my favorite. I did think the end with Bode was a bit Deux ex machina, but it was a
Ɗẳɳ  2.☊
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are a couple of advantages that come with waiting for a graphic novel series to be completed before picking it up. Besides the obvious ability to move at your own pace, or binge factor, the more advantageous benefit is that it actually reads more like, you know, a “novel” than a series of brief episodes. So rather than doing an individual review for each volume, I think a brief summary of the entire collection will suffice.

Vol. 1 ★★★★☆

♫ Magic, science, history, unraveling the mystery, that
Will M.
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read the first volume of Locke & Key early in 2015, and I enjoyed it. It was a great introduction to the series and I learned to like the characters a lot. 5 volumes in and I've rated all of them 4 stars. This 6th and last volume finally got the 5 star rating. I was leaning towards 4 stars though, but I decided to give it a 5, because the overall series is amazing.

This last volume is the grittiest one of all. It is the concluding volume, so I was expecting a bit of cliche coming. I mostly
Becky
OK. This is the end. And it's a good one. It's been quite a ride, and I'm not really sure how to review this and really do it justice.

There are a lot of things that were included throughout this series that I failed to comment on in my reviews of the previous books, things like classism, sexism, racism, homophobia, etc, and I think, in my humble little opinion, that these things were handled beautifully.

There are themes of family, and friendship, and love being a source of strength, and also t
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I can't believe this is the end of this series :( I want to buy them all.

This story was my favorite one. The graphics are amazing as usual but I just loved how everything came together. I was so scared for Bode through the whole book. I think Rufus was a great kid and it made me so mad that people would call him retarded!

How can you review graphic novels without giving out spoilers!!!!!

Let me just say there are a lot of evil creatures in the book and things
Ginger
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!
And the Locke and Key series is finished! I really liked the ending along with everything that happens with Dodge.

It seemed that every character, even the side characters had a part to play in the series. I really enjoyed cheering for everyone that was fighting the demons and darkness at the Keyhouse and down in the caves.

This was a great graphic novel series to start with and I hope I will find another series with an interesting plot along with excellent graphics!

Joe Hill and Gabriel
Brandon
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It’s over.

With volume six, Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez have closed the book on their nearly six year long journey through Lovecraft, Massachusetts with the Locke family. At the conclusion of volume five, things were about as dark as you could imagine. Dodge had gained possession of the Omega key and was ready to unleash his dark forces upon Lovecraft. Will he ultimately succeed or will the Locke family prove too much to overcome?

I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for a fair rev
Chad
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, that was gut wrenching. Damn you, Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez for making me care so much about make-believe characters! The whole volume I was biting my nails and even when a minor character died, I found myself in anguish for them. I found myself dreading every turn of the page afraid of what I might find. This thing was so intense, I need to let myself relax now.

In Alpha, we get closure, remorse, denouement, and even a little happiness. All in all, a great ending to a fantastic serie
Ashley Daviau
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an absolutely STUNNING conclusion to this amazing series. It’s so far from what I expected to happen but it’s so damn perfect, I couldn’t have asked for a better ending to this series. Hill is just pure genius, the way this story unfolds throughout the series is just mind blowing. This volume had to be my favourite out of the whole series, Hill really takes it to a whole new level for this final volume and it’s just a masterpiece. And as usual, Rodriguez absolutely kills it with the go ...more
Mauoijenn
Fantastic!!!!
This graphic novel series was such a delight and I had a most awesome time reading it. Sad to see it ending. The characters were rememberable and so was the artwork. This whole series ended how I thought it would which is always good and not always what happens. I hope, maybe one day, Hill will do another one. Fingers crossed!!
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, z2018
A good ending to a good series. I’m glad we got closure with everything. I do wish there was more to the fight between good and evil but yeah, it was a satisfying ending.
Ona
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
So it's over... I Iiked series and expectly art a lot.
It's brutal, touching and scary story.

I'm giving the whole graphic novel series 4,5 stars.
Andrew
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
And so the journey is over - although I suspect the stories most certainly are not.

This is the last book in the Locke and Key series so what can you say without giving the game away. What can I say is that the quality is just as good as any of the other volumes which for me meant that it was just enjoyably (all be it bittersweet) on the last page as it was on the first.

So rather than trying to talk about the this last volume I will comment about the keys.
One of the things that surprised me wa
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
It feels really weird for a graphic novel - a horror one, at that - to make me laugh, grin, rage, and even ugly cry a little... but I guess that's Joe Hill for you. This was such an incredibly delightful series and I'm so happy that I picked it up. If Joe ever decides to write more graphic novels, sign me up. This was the perfect ending to the series - everything I wanted and more. This volume broke my heart, stitched me back together, and patted me on the shoulder before driving away, leaving m ...more
Andrew
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How! Here were are. Now that I’ve finished this incredible series I’m too stunned to write anything. But I’ll try to explain why I loved it so much and I account it like one of the best graphic novel I've seen.

In this last chapter we have the final fight between Locke family and Dodge, that will affect on all the abitants of Lovecraft. As every good horror, there are a lot of violence and bloody scenes and a lot of tragic moments, made more vivid by the graphics of Gabriel Rodríguez. If I had do
Erica
And here we are, at the end.
The end I had known from the beginning.
Only now that it's in context, all I could say, over and over, was
 photo Aprilface_zps654069ed.jpg

Yeah.
You know, I suspect Joe Hill and I, we're not meant to be friends.
And that's ok. He has zillions of friends and I don't really need another author to stalk.
I'll probably give him another shot or two down the road, but I think we're going to have the same relationship I have with his dad - that guy I know who is a friend of my friends but that's about it.
Viv JM
Horrific and violent and the body count is kind of high, but this series (and especially this final volume) has ALL THE FEELS. I loved it.
Kimberly
Alpha & Omega is the final hardcover (#6) in the Locke and Key graphic novel series. I was saving this last one for quite some time, because when I first got it, I didn't want it to end. It is a credit to both the author and illustrator that even after years, I was able to jump right back into the characters lives.

There were some things that I felt really gave the book momentum, but several minor "triggers" for me that made me deduct the one star. Nothing to do about the violence or anythin
Algernon (Darth Anyan)
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, comics

Game Over ! Slam Bang and Thank You for riding with us (Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez) on this rollercoaster trip through the Lovecraft Manor, a genuine House of Horrors. The final chapter in the struggle between the Locke scions and a demon from a parallel dimension ends in a spectacular mayhem of killing shadows, possessed teenagers, reality altering powers granted by the Keys, heroic sacrifices and summary executions. Nobody is safe and the bodycount surpasses all the other volumes combined.
Ashley
What a great ending to this series.

Endings are so tough. A bad ending can deflate the whole experience of a narrative. A good ending ties everything together, and nothing can beat that feeling of satisfaction you get as all the threads are tied up, secrets revealed, and connections made.

Also, though, this was brutal. I'm not saying I haven't read books that aren't more of a bloodbath than this one is, because I have, but the body count is large, and people you love will die. Horribly.

I cried, l
Iryna *Book and Sword*
2.5/5 stars
This was my personal least favorite.

Felt like Hill and Rodriguez fell short on the plot development and focused instead just on the shock factor.

Previous installments were good, gruesome, and they had purpose. This was just a mass man slaughter.
Going out with a bang? Making the last book in series as gory as possible? I guess so. But it didn't really work for me.

It also didn't bring anything new to the story at all. All of the locations were re-used, and all of the secrets were lo
Ronyell
Locke and Key

Introduction:

I have been reading Joe Hill’s magnificent “Locke and Key” series for years and now we finally get the ultimate finale for this wonderful series! I have been wondering for years about how this series was going to end and whether or not I would be impressed with the results. Well, I have to say that this is one volume that really defines the meaning of “DRAMA BOMB FINALE” and it has exceeded my expectations far more than I expected!

What is this story about?

In this volume, Lucas
David Sven
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great conclusion to the series. It was a long break between finishing the previous volume and this one so I had lost a bit of continuity but I caught back up pretty quick. I think all the plot points got wrapped up unless I forgot any.

So Dodge has all the keys and there's nothing to stop him unlocking the final door and ushering in a new world order where humans fall into one of three categories ie Family, thralls, and dead.

Private First Class Rufus! Yes sir Captain sir
You have been recommend
Stewart Tame
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely an ending worth sticking around for. The outcome is a real nailbiter, in doubt up until the last minute. This whole series has just had such a rich storyline with a wealth of detail that is probably only properly appreciated on rereading. Locke & Key is one of those series that's so good you want to share it with everybody. The ending just about had me in tears. Highly, highly recommended!
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, scribd, gn
4.5
It is impossible to say more about this last volume without spoilers. Since it's the last one, it is only safe to say it is about the final confrontation.
It is great. You see, you don't just get to see the fight. There is after and it is a bitter-sweet and wonderful ending to a great story.

• Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 6: Tommy Taylor and the War of Words
  • American Vampire, Vol. 5
  • Fatale, Vol. 3: West of Hell
  • The Walking Dead, Book Eleven (The Walking Dead #121-132)
  • Harrow County, Vol. 1: Countless Haints
Joe Hill's debut, Heart-Shaped Box, won the Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel. His second, Horns, was made into a film freakfest starring Daniel Radcliffe. His other novels include NOS4A2, and his #1 New York Times Best-Seller, The Fireman... which was also the winner of a 2016 Goodreads Choice Award for Best Horror Novel.

He writes short stories too. Some of them were gathered together in

Locke & Key (6 books)
  • Welcome to Lovecraft (Locke & Key, #1)
  • Head Games (Locke & Key, #2)
  • Crown of Shadows (Locke & Key, #3)
  • Keys to the Kingdom (Locke & Key, #4)
  • Clockworks (Locke & Key, #5)
“Death isn't the end of your life, you know. Your body is a lock. Death is the key. The key turns... and you're free. To be anywhere. Everywhere. Two places at once. Nowhere. Part of the background hum of the universe.” 16 likes
“Secrets are the prisons we make for ourselves.” 12 likes