Start by marking “Under His Command (Six-Alarm Sexy #1)” as Want to Read:
Under His Command (Six-Alarm Sexy #1)

Under His Command

(Six Alarm Sexy #1)

A firefighter desperate to save his failing marriage earns the trust—and the sexual submission—of his controlling wife in the most pleasurable of ways.

After an explosive one-night stand results in pregnancy, Jamie Caldwell is thrilled to marry the perfect foil to his Dom side. But when his submissive wife starts cringing every time he gives a command, Jamie shackles his da
Published December 17th 2012 by Kristine Cayne (first published December 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Under His Command, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under His Command

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,031 books — 1,344 voters
Brie Learns the Art of Submission by Red PhoenixGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain ReynardNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersBrie Pleases Her New Master by Red Phoenix
Top Self-published Erotica
908 books — 1,134 voters

More lists with this book...

Shannon Deatherage
Jan 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
OK here goes... I had to really push myself to even finish this book and that says a lot because I never leave a book unfinished... I was irratated with the story line from pretty much the 2nd chapter on... first thing I found Rickie super obnoxious, bitchy and annoying... and the fact that they were married for 5 years and none of their marital issues were ever discussed is really hard to believe... it's like they didn't even know eachother and even roommates have a better knowledge of the pers ...more
Sheri
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I love how Kristine Cayne is able to make her characters come to life on her pages. She is able to create such depth and emotion in them that you feel invested in their story and cannot help but hope for a HEA for them.

Jamie and Erica have been separated for a while and are trying to fix their failing marriage. Jamie is a firefighter, a dom, and is used to taking charge in every way. Erica is fighting her past and is scared of what it would mean to give up control. Ultimately, both Jamie and Er
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Woo! this was a Hawt and sexy book.
After being separated for a year Jamie and Erica are brought back together when an earthquake hits and that's when he decides to introduce her to his "Dom" side which Erica loves but has never told him but the honeymoon is what will make or break them.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Love ignited after five years of tortured existence is the hope many unhappy couples dream about, especially if it is a shotgun wedding. Jaime is a feisty firefighter sexual Dominant. A blazing hot one-night stand completely changes his life when it ends up with a knocked up woman. Rickie met Jaime in a bar and in the spur of the moment, hooks up with him for some kinky nasty sex. After-morning regrets is never so strong as in this case.

Fast forward five years later and it's a freaking train wr
MsRomanticReads
This review was originally posted on my blog.

This was a fantastic debut for the author's venture into erotic romance. A heart-warming storyline and scorching hot romance made this impossible to put down.

Jaime and Erica are trying to find their way back to each other and make their marriage work. It's safe to say that an earthquake scared them straight and made them realize that what they have was too important to walk away from. Erica could be really frustrating and annoying at times, but she t
twelvejan [Alexandria]
4 Surprise, surprise stars!

WARNING: FOR MATURE READERS ONLY. DO NOT GO BEYOND THIS POINT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

To hide his surprise, he wrapped a hank of her hair around his hand and tugged until her head fell back, then he moved in close.

"Suck me. Deep."

description

It was meant to be just a one-night stand. Both mutually agreed that "Tonight is for fun. No strings, no expectations, no limits." But fate and destiny has something else in store for them.

description

Call me a prude but i like the idea of two individuals
Hbeebti
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
This was so good. This starts off with Rickie and Jamie having a hot one night stand. Then it skips ahead five years later, they are married and were separated and even talked about divorce. Thankfully Jamie and Rickie wont give up so easily. But the main issue it seemed was communication. Geez if that would have just talked and got it all aired out none of them would have suffered.

It seems that Jamie has a very wicked Dom side and Rickie secretly want that but cant express herself. But then se
Pam
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie, 3, doms-n-kink
"One sheep. Two sheep. Jump, fucker! Three sheep."

Jaime and Erica shared one night together "No strings, no expectations, no limits." Erica is younger than Jaime, naive when it comes to sex, but lucky for Erica, Jaime was there to take control. Erica never new sex could be that way, she is shocked and disturbed by how much she liked it.
"It's soft and warm and furry, and it likes to be petted. When you do it just right, you even hear it purr." He ran his finger up to her clit and ci
Michael Dunellen
Reading this was a little odd coming immediately on the heels of Reclaimed Surrender (view spoiler) ...more
Sheryl C. Nash
Dec 08, 2012 marked it as to-read
YAY!!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooo much Kristine!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to start reading this!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
Jeri
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Yes, this book does have BDSM as it's major content, but it is more than that. This book was mainly about the trust issues in the main character's marriage and working through that issue with the BDSM. I considered the BDSM very light.
Cindy ~
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Scorching, hot look at a man introducing his wife to BDSM and his full Dom side.

Jamie and Erica were introduced in the prequel to this book Romance in the Rain. I recommend reading that book first.

In the prequel we meet Jamie Caldwell who is part of the Seattle Fire Dept Technical Rescue Team. He has been separated from his wife who wants a divorce. He has been putting off signing the papers cause he doesn't want to lose his daughter. Erica suffers from a lot of issues from her childhood and w
Cocktails and Books
I don't know what I can say about this book that will due it justice, at least in my eyes. But I will tell you this....Kristine Cayne has managed to jump into the erotic romance realm with a couple that are scorching hot, but still have the complex, emotional relationship I've come to love in the stories she writes.

Jamie Caldwell is desperate to put his family back together. He thought he lost Erica, but an earthquake managed to make them both realize they were still desperate for one another. W
Dawn
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Okay, Here is what I liked about this book...

I loved the first chapter that told how they got together. I loved that this erotic book did not rotate around a wealthy man with mommy issues, but rather a firefighter. I loved that Jamie and Rickie were loyal to each other--no cheating even during their separation. I loved that each took responsibility for the problems in their marriage. I loved that both wanted to do whatever it took to make their marriage and family work.

Okay, Here is what I didn'
Wren [t(he)y]
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jamie and Erica's relationship started on the day of their supposed one-night stand. After Erica gets pregnant, they marry. Unfortunately, they don't connect during the course of their marriage as deeply as they did on that fateful night...on the night that Jamie let his inner Dominant out for Erica. Now, they have decided to go on a long-awaited honeymoon in hopes of reviving their marriage and spicing up their sex life. But will Erica and Jamie be able to pull through five years worth of feeli ...more
Lorraine Versini
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay. No big news. I just love Kristine Cayne. So yep. As soon as this baby came out, I just had read it. And once again she doesn't disappoint :)

Characters, characters, characters. You get it all. The personnality, the love, the insecurities, the romance, the passion, the doubts. Then there's sex, sex, sex. And it reads like you're just watching it (@.@) and in true Kristine style, once again, it's classy and never trashy. And now I want to go to Hawaii, because of the way the landscape is desc
Gwen ~the Book Diva
5 "scorching" stars!!!

Breakout the fire hoses and sound the alarm!!

alert photo: alert Alert.gif

This book was ON FIRE...literally but don't worry Jamie's firefighter training came in very handy!! Hello, Fire Play, nice to meet you! That was a new and exciting scene! I went in to this book thinking it would be all fantastically smutty and meaningless but it actually had a pretty good story to go along with the hotness! Worth a read! Loved it!!

For more reviews, book updates and other craziness visit our blog at http://w
Dana Mason
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Finished in just a few days. Kristine is great with setting and description. I was constantly reminded of my own trip to Hawaii while reading this. I could almost feel the sun and the breeze on this very cold January day.
It's a sexy book. BDSM done right. Not raunchy or over done, but romantic and sensual. Love the characters, especially Jamie.

Teri
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great series and love the characters!!! At first I couldn't understand the disconnect and lack of knowledge between this couple; however, the more I thought about it, I think this is a commonality between most couples!!

I personally don't see fire play as erotic but, then I've never experienced it either. But it didn't do anything for me.
Erika
Jun 26, 2015 marked it as not-for-me-or-passing-for-now
This is NOT a review, just reminder for myself about the book.

This sounds so good, but I have trouble with romances in which hero thinks about past OW. Also, don't like when hero has OW during separation while heroine does not. Juts a pet peeve of mine. See this review for more details:

Allyson
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kristine Cayne does it again, I was hooked from page one and read from start to finish( could be why I was sleepy today;D)...Not only was under Command a great love story but Hot and Steamy as well! The rekindled love between Jamie and Rickie was heartwarming! Under his command was well written and look forward to more books by Kristine Cayne!
Paloma Beck
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect reading a romance about a married couple but it far exceeded my expectations. It was a tightly crafted story that brought across a message of truth and trust with complete honesty. Beautiful story.
Gill O'keeffe
Looking forward to this, will read the prequel now
gill.okeeffe@btconnect.com
Candy Varty
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, favorites
A romantic and erotic story, I loved every moment, its a great story, of love, heros and coming to terms with ones most darkest secrets.
Malinda
This was a really good story. It shows just what an issue lack of communication and trust can do to a relationship. Fortunately when we come in to the story, Ricki and Jamie and in the process of working things out so we don't see most of the downhill slide...just the uphill battle. :D

Ricki was in college when she met Jamie (he was 6 years older and a firefighter) at a party and they had a one night stand. This might have been the end of it but she ended up pregnant. When she tells Jamie about i
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
I love when I read a book that completely catches me off guard. I bought this book on Amazon during a promo special and thought it'd be worth a listen during my commute to work. I finished it in two days and am glad I knew nothing about it going in.

If you're reading this, then that's obviously not your situation, so here are some things to know about this sexy, sensual, heart-gripping romance...

- The hero is a firefighter and, like most firefighters, he lives for it
- He's also completely, totall
Molly
Aug 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ya, that was awful! So I knew I didn't like BDSM books and it was very clear that's what this was going to be...why did I buy it? Because I read the least favorable review and it said 50 Shades was a better book. I could barely make it through the first three chapters of 50 Shades it was so poorly written, so I figured if that was the reviewers baseline, this might be a pretty good book. I had read Aftershocks and I liked the characters, so even though I knew it was moving into BDSM, I figured g ...more
Sherri Hayes
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it

I'd heard a lot about this book, so I decided to give it a try.

Under His Command is about a firefighter, Jamie, and his wife, Erica. The book opens with the night they met - a one night stand - then fast forwards the readers five years into the future. The two are now married with a young daughter. They are not, however, happily married.

The book centers around Erica embracing Jamie's Dominant side...a side she got a glimpse of that first night, but has rejected ever since.

This book ha
Nevena Read
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Blazing Hot!

My first encounter with a Kristine Cayne story will definitely not be my last
In `Under His Command' this incredibly talent author acquaint me with her unique ability to capture me as a reader entirely within this deeply erotic tale.
When Jamie and Erica (Rickie) come together in an extremely HOT! night of no holds barred sex neither one had forever in mind, but they soon find out life doesn't always work out as planned.
5 years later and after being separated from his wife Rickie and d
InD'tale Magazine
Firefighter Jamie Caldwell enjoys no-strings-attached relationships where he is free to indulge in a number of sins, until he meets Erica Madden. A young and inspiring lawyer, in one night she manages not only to rock his world but change it forever. When she finds out that she is pregnant she puts aside her own dreams for marriage to Jamie and a life together.

Five years later, they are no happy family. They decide to take a second honeymoon to Hawaii which rekindles the flame that has been ext
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • Under By Duress
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • Undercover Heat
  • Sexual Persuasion
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • Hidden Depths
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • At Last
  • Inappropriate Thoughts (Victoria Wilde, #1)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Love By Design
  • Molly's Lips: Club Mephisto Retold (Club Mephisto, #1.5)
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Undercover Submissive
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion, #1)
Kristine Cayne is fascinated by the mysteries of human psychology—twisted secrets, deep-seated beliefs, out-of-control desires. Add in high-stakes scenarios and real-world villains, and you have a story worth writing, and reading.

The heroes and heroines of her Deadly Vices series, beginning with Deadly Obsession, are pitted against each other by their radically opposing life experiences. By overco

Six Alarm Sexy (3 books)
  • Everything Bared (Six-Alarm Sexy, #2)
  • Lover on Top