Start by marking “Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1)

Once Upon a Prince

(Royal Wedding #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  9,394 ratings  ·  1,123 reviews
Susanna Truitt never dreamed of a great romance or being treated like a princess—just to marry the man she has loved for twelve years. But life isn't going according to plan. When her high-school-sweetheart-turned-Marine-officer breaks up instead of proposing, Susanna scrambles to rebuild her life.

The last thing Prince Nathaniel expects to find on his American holiday to S
Published May 7th 2013 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Prince, please sign up.
Linda Strawn I'm asking myself the same question. The book certainly paved the way for one. I'd like to know how Suzanna fills her role as queen and how many…moreI'm asking myself the same question. The book certainly paved the way for one. I'd like to know how Suzanna fills her role as queen and how many babies they have. Will they try to keep up with Will and Kate?(less)

·  9,394 ratings  ·  1,123 reviews

April
Jun 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
If I had known it was a Christian romance I would have not bought the book. It was a too preachy.
Age Appropriate For: 13 and up (thematic material, romance)

Best for Ages: 15 and up

I am going to start this review with the one thing I didn’t like about this book: the cover. For me, the cover gave me pause. It made it look like the book would have content that might not be appropriate It isn’t so much what is shown as what is implied. Thankfully, the cover had nothing to do with the story. I hope this type of cover doesn’t become a trend for Zondervan books.

✨ Gramy ✨
This is a fictional, modern-day fairy tale that keeps the reader intrigued, captivated, and entertained from page one all way through to the conclusion. The trust and faith that the two main characters demonstrate is amazing and carries them through many tough times. The characters are so believable, even when maybe they are not, and the books are long enough to allow growth and depth inside a rich plot

Prince Nathaniel Kenneth Stratton, "Nate Kenneth for traveling purposes of Brighton is visiti
Jaye

Shelves: dnf
Alia Ros
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
“And tonight, and forever, he held her in his arms”

MAN THIS BOOK I COULDN'T PUT THIS BOOK DOWN AT ALL!! What a lovely read!!
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I’ve wanted to read this one for a while now. I thought the cover was cute and the premise sounded fun. The book starts with our heroine Susanna getting dumped by her longtime boyfriend, who has fallen in love with another woman. Their relationship was weird as well as their breakup. Hardly any emotion.

The historical elements were boring and repetitive. And how did Susanna know so much about his country’s history? The whole story felt repetitive after awhile I lost interest.

I didn’t believe in
Rissa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
4.75⭐
Her life was perfect sort of, until her boyfriend since forever dumped her, her father ended up in the hospital, she quit her job and had to move out of her house. Through all the bad she looked to God and a knight in shining armor (not literally) Nate kept popping up when she needed help the most.
Nate aka nathaniel a prince next in line for the throne decided to keep his real identity a secret because he liked the idea of a normal life and he liked the idea of a normal life with her even
Duchess Nicole
3.5 Stars
Cute story...almost has a Cinderella vibe. Some heavy spirituality...almost too convenient that everyone is so reverent. I'm interested to see how this plays out in the next book. Things are set up for drastic changes.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Susanna Truitt never dreamed of a great romance or being treated like a princess---just to marry the man she has loved for twelve years. But life isn't going according to plan. When her high-school-sweetheart-turned-Marine-officer breaks up instead of proposing, Susanna scrambles to rebuild her life.
The last thing Prince Nathaniel expects to find on his American holiday to St. Simon's Island is the queen of his heart. A prince has duties, and his family's tense political situat
Hannah
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is so close to being a five star that I may come back later and upgrade it. I started in on the first few chapters and was pretty sure it wasn't going to be my thing...and then suddenly I got hooked. I couldn't put it down! I read until 1am to finish it! It's a love story with two strong Christians for main characters, something very delightful.
I loved it so well that I trotted out today and bought a copy of "Princess Ever After", the next book, which happily was half off at Barnes an
Becky
May 16, 2015 added it
Royal fun! If you're a fan of royals (who isn't?) then you'll enjoy this book and this series. The hero of Once Upon a Prince is Nathaniel, an honest to goodness European prince. And the heroine, Susanna, is a down to earth girl from St. Simon's island, Georgia. Nathaniel is restricted from marrying anyone not from his kingdom of Brighton, so duty and love collide in this charming romance. I really enjoyed the behind the scenes peek into the life of a modern day royal. And the ending was swoon-w ...more
Kristen
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5

Ok, I pretty much loved all of this book. It did get a tad too preachy in some spots, hence the .5 star taken away, but overall it was a great book. Fun, clean, girl falls in love with an honest to goodness prince. What's not to like!

Moral Note: Can't think of anything bad in it.
Alexandra Florence
I did not know that this was a Christian novel, if I had known then I would have not started reading it. I found the Christianity in the novel to be tolerable, however there were many more elements that prohibited my enjoyment of the book.

I found many problems with this book, due to the characters, narrative and storyline. This book held the promise of an enjoyable read, yet sadly it did not deliver.

From the beginning of the book I encountered issues that ruined the novel for me. The book opens
Marlene
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Once Upon a Prince (2013, Zondervan), first in the Royal Wedding series by Rachael Hauck, is a Christian modern day fairy tale and won a Christy award for Contemporary/Romance/Suspense. I read this book because I received it as a Mother’s Day gift from my family. Ironically, I had book two in my to-be-read pile, so that worked out beautifully. I don’t read much contemporary fiction, but I’m much more willing to do so in Christian fiction.

The Heroine: Susanna Truitt is a struggling landscape ar
Andrea Cox
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
by Andrea Renee Cox

This is a tough review to write. I liked the story, but at times it was too predictable. Other moments seemed to be intentionally drawn out when the outcome was obvious and could have been gotten to several pages quicker. I did not appreciate the flirtation during a prayer (page 78 in the paperback version). That was disrespectful to God and the people trying to pray. The leading lady seemed about as mature as a young teenager at times, which really confused me since she was s
Rissi
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heavens! Where to start bringing thoughts to order on the first novel of Rachel’s all-new series, ‘Once Upon a Prince.’ I’d set myself up for a deliciously entertaining read which oftentimes can be a detriment but there were no signs of anything “bad” coming up in the book about halfway through and already I’d given this one a 5-star rating. Turns out, that was warranted. Anyone who knows me knows I am the girl who craves the happily-ever-after and despises the story-teller who breaks my heart; ...more
writer...
Apr 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-ereads
Once Upon a Prince
Author Rachel Hauck
Publisher Zondervan release May 7.13

I really was attracted to this book's published storyline and a totally fun cover. Unfortunately, it was more charade than fairy tale.

As much as I expect to like the leading lady of a story, I never came to any liking for Susanna. Unrealistic, lacking any depth of character or development, unbelievably immature for her stated age of 29; I couldn't imagine a 29 year old business woman acting, believing and speaking as she w
Bekah Ward
May 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
On of my New Years resolution is to start being more honest with my star ratings, and to be okay with giving something lower than three. So here we are. This book basically summed up everything I dislike about Christian Romance. The world building and writing wasn't great, but I'm going to focus on the message this books sends.

There was a lot of 'peering' into eyes, colors I've never heard of, perfect people (well, they're perfect now, but lets not forget their damaging past) with a side dish of
Brittany
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*An update to my previous review* I have read this book a few times, because it is a favorite of mine. But this time I listened to the audio version. At first, Susanna's thick accent caught me off guard. But then I realized that it made perfect sense for the Georgia girl she is. The narrator did a very good job of creating different voices for the characters, both male and female, and providing appropriate accents depending on where they were from. I loved listening to this audiobook!

What a won
Allison
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
The whole book I was like "JUST KISS ALREADY!!!!"
Maureen Timerman
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
A really sweet read to get lost in. Once the cover is open the words fly off the page, and make it hard to put it down.
When the book opens Susanna Truitt's boyfriend for the past twelve years, tells her that he has found the right ring, and the right girl, but it is not her.
Susanna should have been devastated, but she knew it was the right thing. He had become comfortable, like an old shoe. We spend time with her as she struggles with Garden Design business. She is good at what she does, and h
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my first Rachel Hauck book and I can assure you this won’t be the last. Once Upon a Prince follows the story of Susanna Truitt, the ordinary girl and Nathaniel,the royal prince.
Hauck simply throws you into the beautiful and grand life of Susanna & Nathaniel. I loved every bit about Once Upon a Prince. The story unfolds in such a compelling manner. It’s so sweet, it will make you cry a handful of times. The characters are all vivid and realistic. I couldn’t help but root for them.
A tr
Kelli
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
When I first picked this up I thought this was a total copy of the Prince + me movie. So I was skeptical. However, The storyline does suck you in. I love the setting of a island off the coast in the south. It's cute. And the writing flows really well. Its a fun book to just read at the beach or on vacation. It's a bit more preachy in some areas than I would like. Some of the things that happen are to sugary sweet but for a light read, it's pretty good.
Marie
May 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
Oh fuck me sideways there's way too much Jesus in this book. If I had known it was going to be a leave-room-for-Jesus kind of book I would have never even thought about getting it.

DNF @ ~25%, which I think was way more than a fair shot for such a preachy book.
Virginia
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was actually pretty good!
Brooke
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Very charming and lots of history added in
Becky
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
I first read this story in 2013, and then I reread it in preparation for the Hallmark film :-)

I absolutely loved the story of Susanna and Nate, two people who were completely trapped by expectations. While Nate was a prisoner to the expectations of an entire nation, Susanna's entrapment was of her own making—she had plans for her life, and she was going to do everything she could to bring those plans to fruition ... even if it meant marrying a man she didn't really love. As God stripped away eve
TheEuphoricZat
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Basically it's about a girl whose life goes to shit when her 12 year boyfriend breaks up with her but lucky her, she meets a prince and falls in love. It's a lot more than that but that is the very brief summary.

• The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)
  • Catch a Falling Star
  • Here to Stay (Where Love Begins, #2)
  • Unrivaled
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • Meant to be Mine (Porter Family, #2)
  • The Icing on the Cake (Weddings by Design #2)
  • Stealing the Preacher (Archer Brothers, #2)
  • An October Bride (A Year of Weddings, #11)
  • Sandwich, with a Side of Romance (Sandwich #1)
  • Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska
  • Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1)
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten, #2)
  • A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides, #2)
New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

A RITA finalist and winner of Romantic Times Inspirational Novel of the Year, and Career Achievement Award, she writes vivid characters dealing with real life issues.

Her book, Once Upon A Prince, was made into an original Hallmark movie.

She loves to hear from readers. She also love

Royal Wedding (4 books)
  • Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding, #2)
  • How to Catch a Prince (Royal Wedding, #3)
  • A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding, #4)
“We make our plans, but God directs our steps.” 37 likes