Start by marking “A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)

A Forever Thing

(Three Magic Words Trilogy #1)

Fancy Lynn Sawyer says that before she'll even think about the M word, a man has to say the three magic words, but 'I love you' isn't enough. He has to promise her a forever thing. She intends to find her forever thing in Florida, her home since she was fifteen, so she wasn't even looking for it when she comes to Texas to help her grandmother. With a job at the elementary ...more
Published December 9th 2011 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Forever Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forever Thing

Start your review of A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
Jules
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Forever Thing is an enjoyable romance. Very easy to listen to.

I borrowed this in audiobook format through Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Susan
Good book about two people who strike sparks from each other from the beginning but resist what fate is trying to tell them. Fancy has moved to Texas from Florida to take care of her grandmother. She has a job lined up, and her two childhood best friends are there also. Her stay gets off to a rocky start when a chance encounter with a black cat puts her in direct conflict with Theron, school principal, rancher, and part-time cop.

Theron works multiple jobs to pay the bills and the note on his
Diana
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fancy and Theron

When Fancy came back to Texas to care for her grandmother after she broke her hip, she never imaged all the changes that would occur for her and her life.
Theron is die hard bachelor who doesn't want to marry ever again. But after he has found out about a daughter he never knew he had, he needs Fancy's help from day one.
The disagreements between the two will keep you laughing a lot.
I feel like this book is just written for me because about the Texas Roadhouse which is my favorite
Carolyn
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: brown-carolyn
Another light, cute little read. 3.5
Suze Lavender
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fancy wants a forever thing, when a man says he loves her he should want to be with her for the rest of his life. When she moved out of Texas as a teenager to live in Florida with her mother, Fancy left part of her heart behind. Now shes back in Albany to take care of her ill grandmother. Being back in town starts with a lot of trouble, Theron, the local cop and elementary school principal is causing difficulties for Fancy. To make the situation worse, Fancys grandmother isnt happy with the ...more
Jacky
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was ok

I didn't like it, but I didn't dislike it. It was more of a "meh".

The book emphasized Fancy wanting a "forever thing". I was never really sure what that meant to her. It seemed like love and commitment were not enough. Theron felt like he would never again make a long term commitment. There was an HEA, but it took an interesting path.

I did feel chemistry between Theron and Fancy at the beginning, but it was not strong. It developed over time. They argued a lot and jumped to conclusions,
Hollie
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
A sweet PG type small town romance

This book was much more tame in comparison to most books I read, but I still found it to be endearing. If you are looking for a simple, light romantic without any vulgarity this one will do the trick. There was no profanity, no sex (a couple kisses were shared but that was it), no unnecessary angst, drinking alcohol etc. Like I said earlier, simple and sweet. Lots of talk about going to church, Sunday school class, trips to the local Dairy Queen etc. My one
This story was just fine, but it wasn't for me. I appreciated how clean it was, both in content and language, but it was boring. The way the story unfolded was lackluster and boring. The writing failed to engage me and I found myself not really caring what happened to any of the characters, which was sad.
Pam
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Forever Thing is written by Caroline Brown. This is one of a trilogy about three young ladies who have been friends since they were in grade school. They have decided they would not marry a man unless he incorporated their magic words into his proposal. Each of their magic words was different. Fancy wanted a man to promise her a forever thing; Sophie wanted a life after wife: and Kate wanted in shining whatever. Would they find them?
Fancy had come to town to stay with her Granny after she
Jessica Wannamaker
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fancy and Theron

I like Fancy- she's fiesty, full of spunk and speaks her mind.

Theron- is a by the books kind of guy. Dependent and holds a bit of a grudge.

When Fancy returns to Texas to care for her ungrateful granny she begins a new chapter in her life that begins with a series of unfortunate events involving Theron.

I love and was angered by this couple. Cute banter, raw passion, stubbornness, set in their own ways, and the perfect fit to the other- but can they see it? They almost missed the
Denell C Petty
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever Takes Awhile

Fancy Lynn comes back to Texas to take care of her grandmother. As she pulls into town, she is stopped by a policeman, Theron Warren. Fancy Lynn and Theron find that their personalities do not mesh.
Fancy Lynn goes to the school the next day to sign her contract and there sits Theron Warren, the principal of the school.
Wherever they go, they meet. Both resist falling for the other, but when Theron finds out he has a three year old daughter, he turns to Fancy Lynn for help.
MLL
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book. I resent that the short girl had to end up with a REALLY short guy. Why should she? Besides he needs to get some height in his family.

The worst thing about this book was the 2-3 year old. Some of her dialogue was too advanced for even a smart child. The concepts not the vocabulary were beyond the understanding and mental capabilities of a child that young. And of course it is always annoying when an adult tries to sound like a small child. This Audible narrator did a
Donna J
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was sweet

I loved Part 1 of A Three Magic Words Romance I didnt know if this was Part 2 or 3 cuz I read Sophies story before..the point Im making is I loved all three books but it was done weird, like in reverse? If youve read them or will read youll understand. I love Kates first, but that should have been the last book, Sophie 3rd and Fancy 2nd...So thats why I was not liking the way they were labeled. Thats not picky its called SAGA...
Would highly recommend any of these three magic words
Heidi Bowley
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

I really liked the overall story and i listened to the audio book and the reader did a great job. One thing that had me stumbling was the going back in forth within the writing. One second we were in therons head, the next in fancys head and all within the same paragraph. Its just something im not used to is all. Im heading off to the rest of the books and hopefully the next few heros are a little taller.
Marsha
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Carolyn Brown classic. I have read book 2 in this trilogy but I don't think I knew that "Life After Wife" was part of this trilogy. The cover is so different. Regardless, this was a great read and I will now go and re-read book 2 (I almost NEVER re-read books!) and then read book 3. I am a huge fan of Carolyn Brown books. Not sure why it took me so long to read this one.
Cynthia Stewart
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable

I ended up getting this series in reverse order but it didn't hurt the enjoyment of the books whatsoever. I love the narrator in the audible edition and enjoyed listening to all of these while on a road trip. The characters are so rich and well rounded and the dialogue is full of witty banter. You won't regret starting anything by this author.
Evie
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful.

It's such a lovely story. Makes me sigh. Makes me smile.
Entertains me, when I just want a good read. A good read that isn't filled with too much significance.
This, is a simple tale. It's a life story.
And I've always found that life, is incredibly engrossing.

Now... I'm off to buy the next in the series.
Victoria A. Kruth
It really was Magic

I am so glad to have found this book and can't wait to get the next one. Ms Brown is one of my favorite writers and she did it again. The characters were all stars and each one of them had something to add to the story ... Whether they were on every page or just a page or two everyone is unique and special. On to the next one!!
Linda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF ... is the hero, like, 5'4" or something?!? The heroine said she was "finally" over 5' when in heels, and she accused the hero of having a Napoleon complex, like all other short men. And then the hero talks about how it was odd he had to look down at the heroine, since most women were taller than him by anywhere from 1-6 inches?!?!
Cynthia Houser
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Forever Thing

I absolutely love this book. Carolyn is a wonderful writer. She tells fabulous love stories. Her characters are engaging with great bantering. The older beauty parlor ladies were very entertaining. Little Tina was so sweet. I just wanted to hug her. Can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Darlene S. Hankins
Happy ever afters are what we all deserve!

This is a wonderful story about family and their problems. Each family has their issues but love brings them together with a happy ever after. Love the ending.
Nancy Waits
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters

I was reading a book whose characters just annoyed me. Stopped in the middle and started this one and loved it. Snappy dialog, interesting plot, and characters youd like to get to know. Ive already downloaded the next one.
Martha J Nelson
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has it all!!!

It is truly a Texas kind of love story. It has it all just like the state itself. You will laugh and cry
You will want to kick and shake, hug and kiss the character's. All your emotions will be I play in this delightful book. Please add it to your library.
Melissa
Light, funny, with a touch of tears.

I was laughing from the first chapter, just what I needed! The friendships are wonderful, the romance good, and the wrap up believable. The last sentence made me laugh, loved it!
Jeanie's Kindle
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Robyn Hall
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick easy read

This is part of a series book. I actually read one that comes after this one the Forum I think this one I enjoyed the story and the characters in the story it's a good clean
Denise
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sexy cowboys, strong women, and problems to overcome. What is not to like? Carolyn Brown does a great job of adding people of color to her stories without making a big overkill about it. The stories are delightful and nice light reads.
Betty Hansford
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yippee

Carolyn Brown did it again! She gave me a new favorite book to read. That makes it pretty tough when someone asks me what my favorite book is and I stand there like a tree and cannot, for the life of me, give a coherent answer. That's your fault Ms. Brown, all yours!
Laura Dillinger
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eternity

I recommend this book to anybody who has read any of Carolyn Brown's other books. Her stories are always a delight to read, this one did not disappoint. The story of Theron and Fancy was fun to watch unfold from start to finish.
Pamela Johnson
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cowboy romance with a twist

Enjoyable read about a single woman who meets an exasperating young man in Texas. Sparks fly as they really don't see eye to eye at first. Then comes the plot twist that throws them together. Fun read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Red River Deep
  • An Old Love's Shadow
  • Bride for A Day
  • Honky Tonk Angel
  • Seabreeze Sunset (Summer Beach #3)
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon, #1)
  • Seabreeze Summer (Summer Beach #2)
  • The Road She Left Behind
  • The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge (Liberty, #5)
  • True to Me
  • Spring House
  • A Bittersweet Surprise (Starlight Cove #3)
  • Seabreeze Inn (Summer Beach #1)
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
  • Stay
  • Say It Again (First Wives, #5)
  • Home for Wounded Hearts
  • Faking Forever (First Wives, #4)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my ...more

Three Magic Words Trilogy (3 books)
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews

“Les” 0 likes
“finished. I can smell it," Elaine said.
"Chocolate. I helped," Tina said.
"She talks clearly for her age. My boys were chatterboxes”
0 likes