Start by marking “Mord og mandelduft med mere” as Want to Read:
Mord og mandelduft med mere

Mord og mandelduft med mere

Mord og mandelduft med mere af Camilla Läckberg er en samling med korte krimier. I bogen får du tre kriminoveller og en komprimeret kortkrimi i stil med krimidronningen Agatha Christies kendte krimier. Få bl.a. historien om en mand, der tager til familiemiddag på en ø, hvor en snestorm pludselig bryder løs og kapper forbindelsen til fastlandet. Da et af familiemedlemmerne ...more
Published November 9th 2012 by People's Press

To ask other readers questions about Mord og mandelduft med mere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mord og mandelduft med mere

Start your review of Mord og mandelduft med mere
Kortessa Giachanatzi
I purchased that book having in mind that it would be something like Agatha Christie's "Mr. Poirot Christmas". I also must mention that I love all of Lackberg's books. Well, except for this one. I was really disappointed. I was really let down. Generally it was " flat", with no tension, not any particular twist. Only the general idea was good. Some people on an island, a murder and a potential killer among them
But that was it.
Plum-crazy
The book consists of four short stories, all reasonable enough but nothing original, indeed some seemed very familiar...

The Scent of Almonds
This was very much a classic style whodunnit -a family group trapped on an island in a storm & one of them is murdered,all very Agatha Christie....even down to the let's go down to the library...oh & the pistol shots coinciding with thunder.

An Elegant Twist
This story of the death of woman has a nice twist at the end. Okay you'll spot it coming a
Ken Fredette
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first story was a through back to a Sherlock Holmes story until Martin figured it out. I liked the last story the best of all because of the detective. Read why? I really appreciated the story of Malin and Lars, it was very telling.
Rachel Hall
I am intending to begin reading Camilla Lackberg’s series set in Fjällbacka, Sweden and featuring detective Patrik Hedström soon and I wanted to gain a flavour of the author’s style of writing in preparation. Knowing that several of her regular cast make appearances in this collection of stories (a 134 page novella and three short stories), I chose to begin here. Having read several other reviews since completing The Scent of Almonds and Other Stories I suspect I would have been advised to dive ...more
Sean Talbot
I have never read Camilla Lackberg before and the first story in this was very interesting and introduced you to Martin. I truly did enjoy that story and would say that the first part was a definite 4 star read. The second part of this I just didn't enjoy and would say 2 stars. An average of 3 Stars.

I will pickup more books by her in the future to read them as I think that these stories shows a lot of promise and I think that she has a style that works well.
Ayda Razak
184 pages could be read in a day but I took 3 days to finish this book. It have 4 short stories.

All I can say about this book is meh. It could be better. Maybe because each of the stories are too short and too rush.
Sam
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection holds four short stories by Lackberg based on the characters she has created within the Patrik Hedstrom series. Each tale is a stand alone story that combines her skill as a crime writer with mysterious circumstances and intriguing characters and situations. The title story is very much a mystery story of the more traditional Sherlock Holmes style (although being familiar with Conan Doyle meant I did manage to figure out the twist before Martin did), while the next two stories ...more
Jeannette
Not really up to the Camiila Lackberg standard that I have come to read and really like. Nevertheless, interesting.
Claudia Verónica
The Scent of Almonds - 2.5
An Elegant Death - 3.5
Dreaming of Elisabeth - 2
The Widows' Café - 4
Missy (myweereads)
Sally Whiteside
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do love a quick read. Lots of lovely little short stories. Fabulous.
Stacy Cook
In the first story, The Scent of Almonds, you will find a unique story in that its main character is Martin Molin who I believe is the chief of police in Lackberg's highly successful series of books which follow Detective Patrik Hedstrom and his wife journalist Erika Flack.
In the detective series Molin usually sits back and lets Hedstrom do all the investigative work. This time however, Molin finds himself stranded due to an unrelenting ice storm with the family of his girlfriend Lissette on
Yuuki Nakashima
It has four short stories.
“The Scent of Almonds” is the longest and it was fun enough. If you are a mystery fan, you can guess what the title means, but it doesn’t bother you to enjoy this story. It’s a whodunnit.
“An Elegant Death” and “Dreaming of Elizabeth” was so-so. They were just like bonus episodes.
“The Widows’ Cafe” is my favorite. It’s hard to talk about this story without spoiling you, and only I can say is that the ending was really good.
Pam
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Camilla Lackberg! She has a background in psychology and is gifted with a great talent: writing. She is so fortunate to combine her 2 biggest assets and write great psychological suspense stories. We live in a world where were are learning mental illness and her stories are not short of them. This book is a great way to experience her stories. I have read her other popular books and I highly recommend her! Happy reading!
Erin L
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty decent collection of short stories. Not what I was expecting at all, thoroughly enjoyed this.
Ilonita50
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Some of these short stories involved the characters from her detective novels and it did come handy having read all of them, although I think, it is possible to start with this one and later read the rest of her thrillers.

The Scent of Almonds and Other Stories are a collection of some very short but beautiful crime fiction. Each of them represents situations of people and their way of thinking. These stories include topics: rage, disrespect, revenge, disappointment,
Gerry
3-1/2 stars. The novella for which this volume is named was quite good, with an Agatha Christie / Murder on the Orient Express feel. The family patriarch dies suddenly while his family is gathered at a secluded inn off the coast of Sweden during a brutal storm that prevents anyone from leaving for or arriving from the mainland. A young policeman, invited as a guest of one of the family, must begin the investigatation, at least until power is restored and his colleagues can arrive to assist, but ...more
Pamela Scott

I’m a huge fan of Lackberg and love her Fjallbacka novels. I had high hopes for this collection of stories, all set in Fjallbacka. Some of my favourite characters including Patrick and Erica from the books feature. I enjoyed these stories though not quite as much as I’d hoped. The title story is good but I thought it was a bit too long. The best stories were Dreaming of Elisabeth and The Widow’s Café, both of these blew me away. These two pieces are worth
Nona
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
I once again listened to this novel.
The main story "The Scent of Almonds" was a short, well written who-dunnit, and had you guessing throughout.
The main character, the policeman, was portrayed as a bit of a bumbling officer unaccustomed to detective work, and there were times when he was annoying and I found myself saying 'why didn't you ask this question.............or that.........'
Nevertheless it came together in the end.
Another story "The Widow Cafe" was a great read. The other two
Daniel
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I was rather disappointed by this book. The first and by far the longest of the short stories was fun, but predictable, and the premise rather fell apart under even the slightest of scrutiny.

However, all of the other short stories were far more surprising and exciting, with the conciseness of the stories lending well to the writer's style and to the sense of mystery. I just wish the same could be said for the firsts story!
Jo Swenson
I am generally not a fan of Nordic noir, I have tried to read other books by Lackberg and have been unsuccessful but I enjoyed this one. I do think Lackberg would have been better served to expand the first story (the scent of almonds) into a novel rather than adding it to a collection of short stories. It has good tension and a very Agatha Christie-sequence plot that would have been well suited for a short novel.
Natasha du Plessis
The edition that I have only contains the story, The Scent of Almonds.
This was a strange weekend for one family at a newly opened hotel. Lots of accusations and distrust between family members. I was also asking lots of questions regarding the possible suspect. All was revealed a the end.
I enjoyed the story and the characters
Plumpernickel
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Black and gory. Fans of noir will enjoy this collection

A very interesting collection of short stories by Camilla Lackberg featuring characters from the Patrick Hedström and Erica Falck series. The first story has a twist, I did not expect. The second story is just black. The third story i already read!
Chez Abaa
3.4
Not as devourable and genius as the other Lackberg's books, but still a very pleasant read when healing a reading slump.
Nice short mistery stories and would recommend 'The Widows' Café' for a quick emotional read.
EricaLynn
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These four short stories are thrilling and real page-turners. I read this book in an afternoon stuck in an airport and it was compelling and a quick read. Set in Sweden, the stories build suspense and have you playing detective while the endings are always interesting and clever.
Eli
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My rating 3.75 stars
The first story and the one which was the longest one was my least favorite in this collection. It was like I was reading an Agatha Christie book, but not with her charm.
The other 3 stories were more original and even thought they were more short, i enjoyed them a lot more.
Filipa
It was interesting to see Martin as the main character! The mystery was also interesting (and I appreciated the fact that Camilla brought some traditional crime fiction into this story) but not that surprising... I liked it though. Fast and entertaining, so it works for me.
WR
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Fallows
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written collection of short stories.
Adam
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
three good short stories. Loved the last one
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tannöd
  • Podpalacz (Jakub Mortka, #1)
  • Czarne narcyzy (Lipowo, #8)
  • Rupture (Dark Iceland #4)
  • Hound of The Far Side
  • Valley of The Far Side
  • Riisuttu Suomi
  • Mies katoaa
  • The City (Rats, #4)
  • Cienie (Jakub Mortka, #5)
  • Nora (Lipowo, #9)
  • On, Strejlau
Before she became one of Sweden’s most popular crime writers, Camilla Läckberg (b. 1974) worked as a marketing director and product manager for several years. Her first two crime novels, Isprinsessan (The Ice Princess) and Predikanten (The Preacher), received rave reviews from the Swedish press and quickly found a large readership. But her big breakthrough came when Stenhuggaren (The Stonecutter) ...more