Start by marking “Take Me Home, Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Take Me Home, Cowboy

Take Me Home, Cowboy

Ally Kincaid returns to Freewill, Wyoming, to see her father after a two year absence. Anticipating a quiet family reunion, she finds herself butting heads with her father’s foreman instead. The man’s arrogance and sexy drawl push all her buttons, making her wonder what he’s hiding beneath his cowboy swagger.

Matt Gentry walked away from the past and shies from the future.
ebook
Published November 19th 2012 by Decadent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Take Me Home, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me Home, Cowboy

MsRomanticReads

Ally Kincaid hasn’t been home to her family ranch in Wyoming since the passing of her mother two years ago. When she returns a phone call from her father, she’s shocked to hear a stranger’s voice on the other end. Not only does she think the mystery man is rude, but what is a stranger doing on the ranch, in her home, and why does the sexy voice make her tingle all over? A visit seems long overdue, and she just might figure out what is going on at the Circle K ranch. What’s going on is that her f
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Who says you can’t go home again?

Concerned about the emotional well-being of her father, Ally Kincaid has returned to the ranch where she was raised in Wyoming. Having lived in New York for many years, she realizes quickly how much she misses home, as well as her widowed father. The only problem she encounters is her father’s trusted foreman, Matt.

Matt Gentry is a man hiding in plain sight. A mysterious traumatic event from his past has brought him to Freewill, and he’s worked day in and day out
Tina "IRead2Escape"
More like a 3.5 star rating. Oh Goodreads how I wish you had half star ratings.

Take Me Home, Cowboy is the first book I’ve read by Krista Ames. For a short story, I was really impressed.

Ally Kincaid has been away from home for too long. She misses her dad and the family ranch. The more she thinks about it the more she likes the idea of getting away from her city job and overly solicitous boss for just a bit. Excited to be home, she expects to find everything as it always was. Instead, she find
Crystal
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Take Me Home, Cowboy is the first book I have had the pleasure of reading by Krista Ames and let me tell you it sure won't be my last. I absolutely loved this book. It had my attention captured on the first page. Krista Ames did a fabulous job of putting together a great contemporary western romance. I know I'll be on the look out for more books by her.

When Ally Kincaid goes home to see her father she meets the handsome new foreman. I loved Ally she is a country girl born and raised but has move
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
**Originally Posted @ SinfulReads Blog

REVIEW: I have always kept my liking for cowboy a secret but I will no more. This western romance erotica just amplified my liking for men in boots, wrangler jeans and cowboy hats. Take Me Home, Cowboy is a very romantic and erotic read that will leave you gasping for more.

Ally Kincaid is a southern belle with a hint of city girl after having moved to NYC for work. There, she has established a life and a really good job. After a number of bad relationships A
Brenda- Naughty Bits' Book Reviews
This is the first book I've read by Krista Ames and I really enjoyed it. It's set mostly on a ranch in Freewill, Wyoming. And it sounds like it would be a lovely place to visit. Keep an eye out for the office in the barn! Oh My! *grins* I would prefer it to have more sex for carrying the erotic label, but it is still a SPICY read. The pages are numbered on my review as 70 so it is a short read but I highly recommend it! It's well written and I was wrapped up in it from start to finish. Absolutel ...more
Jody
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Take Me Home, Cowboy shows us that opposites do in fact attract as city girl Ally butts heads with rancher Matt from the moment they meet. Ally's used to being the apple of her father's eye but Matt now holds a special spot in her father's heart as he admires his work ethic and ability to rebuild his life after a tragedy.

Ally's initial reaction to Matt is one of suspicion that grows as she overhears many conflicting comments from him that bring out the worst in her. She appears a bit elitist at
Sofia Grey
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Like diving headfirst into a bowl of whipped cream, this is a deliciously light and frothy read. It’s ideal when you want a quick and undemanding story, a sweet dessert after something heavy.

The premise is simple: Ally Kincaid hasn’t been home to her father’s ranch for two years. Busy with her life in New York, her father worries that he hasn’t seen her and tells her to come and visit.

photo 12406784_s_zps3e8a445c.jpg

When she gets there it’s to discover he has a new ranch hand, the exceedingly sexy Matt Gentry. Not only does
Margaret
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 Stars – Hot cowboy story!

Ally Kincaid hasn’t been home to her family’s ranch in Wyoming since her mother died, which was two years ago. After responding to a phone call from her father, she decides to return home and comes face to face with the man her father has hired to be the foreman of the ranch. A man who sets her body on fire, but one who frustrates her and seems to be keeping secrets.

Matt Gentry returned to Wyoming to help heal the emotional scars he carries. When he lands a job as
Carin
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Take Me Home Cowboy is a contemporary/western romance novella, part of the Western Escape series by Decadent Publishing all set in Freewill, Wyoming but all stand alone books.

Ally, left Freewill to go to New York and become a editor in the publishing field, when she comes home to check on her dad at their ranch she finds a sexy cowboy with a past he keeps silent about, Matt Gentry, has become the foreman at the ranch in her absence. Sparks fly and chemistry is immediate.

Ally I found came off as
Rebecca Austin
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-author
Ally Kincaid is an editor at Blume Brothers Publishing and has no desire to be in a relationship, and continually has to remind her boss Daniel of this as he keeps asking her out. When a phone call out to her father, Jesse, goes answered by a rude cowboy she knows it's time to come home for a visit.

Matt Gentry is escaping from his past and has been working as the foreman on the ranch for Jesse for the past two years. He is not looking for any relationship but can't help be instantly attracted to
Romancing the Book
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

At only 76 pages this was a novella that had a lot packed into it. Ally and Matt had immediate chemistry both on the phone and once they met. Matt had reservations since she was the boss’ daughter. She had reservations since he was the foreman of Daddy’s ranch. But eventually neither one let that get in the way. It was interesting to start and end the story in New York with Wyoming sandwiched in between. Ally’
BBMoreB ~
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-book, own
I’ll be honest, I am a big fan of contemporary western romances…and books like Take Me Home, Cowboy are the reason. This is my first book by author Krista Ames and I was very impressed that she put such a delightful twist on old favorite ~ big city girl returns to her roots where she discovers love.

This is a very sweet and touching romance between two people that soon discover an attraction through sexual tension. The author was even able to turn something that normally completely repulses me --
Julie Ramsey
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
Take Me Home, Cowboy by Krista Ames

Ally returns home for the first time in two years since her mothers death. Her father had left a message for her to come visit. On returning she finds the new foreman is Matt Gentry. With is cocky attitude and southern draw Ally is drawn to him against her better judgement. One sizzling kiss she throws caution to the wind. Hot steamy sex yet her mind wonders what it is that he is hiding. Tragedy strikes the ranch, what secrets will come out?

This was a nice Sund
Tiss
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED it, Krista did an amazing job with this short story.

Ally lives in New York and after a call from her father, and fighting off the affection of her boss, decides to go back for a visit.

Matt lives on the ranch,as foremen, has for 2 years and in that time has never seen Ally, but he hears her voice on the phone.

They rub each other the wrong way from the start, but when they meet the sparks fly!

After they have sex in the office and there is an accident with her father, things take a differe
Blackravens Reviews
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
The characters were well-developed and simply leaped off the pages, the plot was complex and well-thought out for such a short story, the dialogue was believable and the sex scenes were smoldering enough to keep you begging for more. If you love western stories like myself and haven’t picked up a copy of Krista Ames’ Take Me Home Cowboy, then you’re definitely missing out because this is a great Saturday afternoon read that will quickly warm your heart and put a smile on your face. Ms. Ames has ...more
Midnight Magic Reviews
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, Ms. Ames. Take Me Home, Cowboy was a huge helping of home-spun enjoyment. I was in love with the story from beginning to end. Ally (a senior editor working in the big city) comes home to her family's ranch and falls for the foreman - hunky Matt. Ahhhh... oh yes, back to the review... sexual tension abounds and Ms. Ames knows how to please. She even makes washing dishes seem sexy. **Reviewer can't help smiling to herself**

Anyway, this little story is filled with heat, romance, and true emo
Kari
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, novella, ipad
Take Me Home, Cowboy is a very quick read. I'm always a sucker for a good cowboy love story. Ally and Matt have an instant attraction. Their one love scene was very hot! My only regret was that the story was way too short. I thought that it should have been longer with more of Ally and Matt together. The HEA came too fast for me. But that is why I have a love/hate relationship with novellas. I always want more! It's a sweet story that will make you want to find your own sexy cowboy!
Susan
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Krista pens "Take Me Home Cowboy", a contemporary western romance filled with sexual tension that totally held my interest. A nice fast read with well developed characters and some steamy love scenes. A must read for all western romance fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Deeann Zessin
A short story about lust at first sight; a cowboy erotica.

Overall; not a bad short story. I am not a fan of lust at first sight. I like to see a more substantial attraction. I also thought his 'secret' was a little on the lame side. The connection wasn't strong enough for him to feel that degree of guilt.

Margaret Tidwell
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
I really loved this story. It was a super quick read and it only took me a few hours to finish it. I loved the characters and where it took place. The author did a great job at making me believe I was there and going through what they were going through. I am glad that it all worked out in the end. I am for sure going to be checking more books for this author out.
Alyson LaBarge
WOW!! I seriously loved this book. This is just how I envision writing some of my own. Review to come soon!!
Sheri
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon....
E.
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Tamara
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A "spitfire" for a heroine, A sexy cowboy with a secret past and love in Freewill, WY, loving this new Western Escape series!
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second of the Western Escape series that Decadent Publishing has that I have read. I am glad that I read this one first because now I want to read more!!

Review to come!
JoAnne
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below:

Rachel
Dec 02, 2015
Kim
Dec 07, 2016
Kelly Roth
Nov 07, 2015
Born and raised in Northern Indiana, Krista now resides in Northern Lower Michigan. (apparently she wasn't getting enough snow in Indiana:)) She is married to a very supportive man, Chip, who allows her to follow her true passion of writing and never complains when she is pirated away on her computer for hours. He even helps with proof-reading and is her “in-house” editor and her idea sounding boa ...more