Start by marking “Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith - Spiral” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith - Spiral

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith - Spiral

(Star Wars Legends Graphic Novels #24)

An ambitious Sith rebel, Spinner, is about to upset the balance of a lost tribe of Sith. When he is arrested for treason and sent away on a prisoner vessel, thoughts of overcoming his station, destroying the Tribe, and even finding a way to escape into the galaxy lead Spinner to a powerful, long-forgotten weapon. A rival stowaway Sith on that same vessel has her own ideas ...more
Published July 5th 2013 by Dark Horse Comics (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Maria Dimitrova
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
As always John Miller wrote a great story. It was entertaining and engaging. The art was great - Andrea Mutti is a very talented artist. I enjoyed her work on KotOR: War miniseries as well. The story is set after the events of Pandemonium - the last of the Lost Tribe novellas and it follows Parlan Spinner aka the Death Spinner and Takara Hilts. While both of them are Sith they have very different understanding of what it means. Spinner is uncontrollable storm with no real purpose other than dest ...more
Milo (BOK)
Read the Review Here: http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/04/....

“An entertaining Star Wars tale that unfortunately is probably not the best jumping on point to newcomers to this era.” ~The Founding Fields

Writer: John Jackson Miller | Penciller: Andrea Mutti | Inker: Pierluigi Baldassini | Cover Art: Paul Renaud | Publisher: Dark Horse Comics | Collects: Star Wars: The Lost Tribe of the Sith – Spiral #1-5

Iset
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars

Well that was a quick read. I practically tore through it - it was pacy and very readable, the action comes fast and thick, no complaints there. I only realised afterwards that I didn't think anything about the art style - either good or bad. I have to say it was probably good but not oustanding if it wasn't something that either bugged me or stood out either way. The story adds another interesting twist to the Lost Tribe tale, although I did think it was a little on the short side and resolved
Aliix
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mi corazón Sith está demasiado feliz con este comic <3
Jamie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Overall, this was nicely done. The story takes place around the middle/end of the 'Tribe of the Sith' series. So I must say that before reading this, go read at least the first 4 books. They are just novella's so they should not take very long. It gives a lot of backstory to what is going on.

One of the first things I liked it this book was a line when the the Keshiri (the land natives) are talking about who the Sith are, and they say “We know, because they told us so!” I had to laugh. Poor fools
Crystal Starr Light
I continue to be impressed with the quality and creativity of these "Lost Tribe of the Sith" stories. Sure, this book does seem to dive into comic book stereotypes - larger than life evil dudes and giant wormy monsters - but that doesn't hurt the story, the characters or the world in general.

Takara and Spinner go down as yet two more fascinating characters in this series. I like their love-hate relationship, withOUT them resorting to "falling in love" with each other. I like how there are female
Eoghann Irving
Apr 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This is an example of the Star Wars Extended Universe disappearing up it's own backside.

If your exposure to Star Wars is purely through the movies then nothing you read about here is going to be even slightly familiar. These are not Sith in any way that you would recognize them. Which could actually be an interesting angle for a story, but it's one this graphic novel totally fails to follow.

Instead we're giving a Sithier than Sith villain who makes Darth Maul seem understated. Oh an a self-label
Ithlilian
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I've read books about the Lost Tribe of the Sith and enjoyed them. This was definitely not as good as those. The bad guy was about as stereotypical as you can be and the two main characters' personalities didn't shine through enough for their motivations to make sense. The plot didn't intrigue me and it all felt a bit simplistic. More action oriented than the more in depth or exploration based Star Wars I've read. The longer I read the less interested I became.
Michael
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I like Miller's work, but this is probably my least favorite of his --- the protagonists are Sith, so they not going to be "heroic", but they lack the class of their more villainous brethren and are.... well, schmucks. Selfish assholes who manage to get a lot of their own people killed and are hailed as heroes for cleaning up their own mess (one character waits until almost the last minute for his gheel turn").
Marcin Kowalski
Way to go JJM to ruin your own perfectly fine story with this lazy and messy comic book. JJM can write books, but comics... after the insignificant and directionless KOTOR comics this one is another step in the direction of the quality of the SWTOR comics.
The ploting is forced, with rabbids pulled out of the hat, the art is just medival times combined with Star Wars in a very bad way, the dialogue is so bad it ain't even funny and the characters are just bland cartboard cutouts...
And all this w
Fantifica
Reseña de Lorenzo Martínez · Nota: 5,9 · Reseña en Fantífica

El universo de ficción de Star Wars no sería el mismo sin Relatos de los Jedi. La serie marcó un antes y un después en el Universo Expandido, ampliando el trasfondo de la saga galáctica hasta un mundo de posibilidades inesperadas, creando una línea temporal compleja más allá de lo visto en las películas, sumando personajes, historias, planetas, enemigos y aliados, criaturas y tecnología, todo ello diferente a lo mostrado en los films y
Malcolm Cox
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've found other Sith-heavy stories hard to relate to any of the characters, but in this story they were much more relatable. That being said, the anarchist, Spinner, was a little insufferable and I did find his continued survival amongst the Sith people a quite surprising.
The action, when it kicks off, was okay and full of good ol' giant Star Wars monsters.
This was a fun little addition to the world of Kesh and it was nice seeing some of it.
Nathan Kennedy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I tend to like the random microcosms of Star Wars over the main storyline and characters, so this is perfect for me. No Skywalkers here; just a lot of Sith doing the things Sith do. Miller has the freedom to play with these characters, since they’ll never matter (not that the EU ended up mattering in the long run, but you get the idea), and does a great job telling a story that feels both thrilling and ended. I hope Disney gives us these stories about characters we never meet on screen.
Luis Reséndiz
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
de lo mejorcito de legends que ha sacado panini méxico. buena historia (como salida de heavy metal, digamos) y dibujo regular. sin embargo, la decisión de publicarla es un poco extraña. no ha habido ninguna publicación previa de panini méxico acerca de lost tribe of the sith, entonces la lectura es un poco sin contexto, un poco a la deriva. fuera de eso, bien.
Roberto Diaz
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
JJ Miller writes a fun fantasy adventure that could replace jedi and sith for anything else, since is as isolated from other star wars lore as its characters are from the rest of the galaxy, but still, it's and enjoyable and well ilustrated tale, that just happens to take place in the same universe of star wars, without any familiar character (at least from the films) showing.
Jared
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Star Wars Legends Project #31

Background: Lost Tribe of the Sith: Spiral was first released in 5 issues from August to December 2012. The trade paperback was published in June 2013. The story was written by John Jackson Miller, with artwork penciled by Andrea Mutti. Mutti has worked on a hugely diverse slate of projects, including War with Miller, and, most recently, a comic tie-in with Mad Max: Fury Road. Miller continues his extensive work in the earliest Star Wars era (which includes the fan
Jordan
As I mentioned when I reviewed the collected Lost Tribe Of The Sith prose novellas, working together and building a stable society is really not the Sith way. Watching these stranded Sith struggle against their nature and philosophy in order to build a functioning civilization has been really interesting, and this final installment continues to deliver.

When last we left the Tribe, they had managed to finally tone down their infighting in order to spread to the rest of the planet of Kesh under th
Jay
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Hard-Core Star Wars fans
Here we have what is probably the final story of the Old Republic era in this series. Grand Master Hilts daughter, Takara, is a Constable in Tahv and she's keeping the slaves and other rambunctious elements in line. But when one of her arrests is sent off into exile, she decides to see what the rest of the world has to offer.

Takara and Spinner encounter a previously unknown group calling themselves "The Doomed" and are made up of several races from the rest of the galaxy that are no where else o
Anchorpete
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I would hate to say this, but I really have not liked almost every single Dark Horse Star Wars comic I have ever read. I know that sounds like Hyperbole, but if there was ever a medium that Star Wars has not produced quality stories in, it is comic books. I am not sure why, you can certainly tell compelling stories within comic books. I mean look at all of my other reviews 90% of them are about comics that do just that.
Star Wars, for whatever reason does not translate well in comic form.
This
Jaime K
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars.
The art was good, as was the story. I think it could have been longer.
But the colors were great.
It was to see how the Keshiri (and the Sith) react to spacecraft and holograms.

2000 years after the first LTOTS story, the Sith Tribe are still on Kesh where the people still see them as gods (and few complain at slavery). "Death" Spinner is a Sith rebel who is tired of the treatment his family gets under the Grand Lord (and his family). The Grand Lord's daughter, Takara, is an officer wh
Matt
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the series of short stories that precedes this five issue comic series. This history of the Sith on the planet Kesh is expanded even more in the comic series, and in a very surprising way. John Jackson Miller should have been given permission to continue these stories in novel or comic format. Instead we were given the horrible Fate of the Jedi Series that these stories lead up to.
Michael
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Decent stpry, but would have been better with more believable dialogue. There were times when it was a little too over-the-top. Artwork was inconsistent and the poses were stiff at times. Did not detract from the story much, but there were times when it was hard to follow the actions of the characters. Covers are top notch, like usual with Dark Horse.
Margarida
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Nothing too remarkable about this one.

It's not bad but not great either. Just a nice, short story with a satisfactory range of characters. It's an easy read, with a clear plot. An overall ok volume.

One thing I would point out however, is that I wish there were more instalments like this one, that explore the sith and their lives rather than the typical jedi vs sith dynamic.
Jedi Sunni
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would be lying if I said that this book did not have kind of an odd storyline. With that being said I really enjoyed this book. I feel like I may have to read it again to get a true understanding of what was going on. I will say the creatures were awesome and the art was on point. Hope to see a continued storyline.
Scott wachter
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
A fun story, this little micro setting has a fair bit of potential for stories. nice moral grey areas not often seen in star wars, but maybe they need to stop relying yet another crashed spaceship for drama.
F.P.
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mostly good to me, quality artwork--and a few parts of the story made me laugh out loud. I really do wish for more humor and less violence in the Star Wars stories.

Samuel G Wells
Not bad but not my favorie

Just had a hard time for some reason with the setting and characters, but it was still an overall decent story.
Travis Johnson
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
It was good. I'm leery of reading any Expanded U...I mean Legends stuff anymore, though, since the new continuity has kicked in.
John McKinney Jr
Feb 11, 2017
Austin
Sep 29, 2015

• Star Wars: Agent of the Empire, Volume 1: Iron Eclipse
  • The Lost Suns (Star Wars: The Old Republic Comic, #3)
  • Star Wars: Darth Maul - Death Sentence
  • Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
  • Star Wars, Volume 1: In the Shadow of Yavin
  • Star Wars: Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost (Star Wars: Crimson Empire #3)
  • Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume Two: Parallels
  • Redemption (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #7)
  • Star Wars: Jedi, Volume 1: The Dark Side
  • Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars: Rebellion, Vol. 1: My Brother, My Enemy
  • Star Wars: Legacy II, Vol. 1: Prisoner of the Floating World
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive ...more

Star Wars Legends Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 81 books)
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 1: Force Storm
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 2: Prisoner of Bogan
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 3: Force War
  • The Golden Age of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #1)
  • Fall of the Sith Empire (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #2)
  • Knights of the Old Republic (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #3)
  • The Freedon Nadd Uprising (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #4)
  • Dark Lords of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #5)
  • The Sith War (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #6)
  • Redemption (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #7)