Start by marking “Gargoyle” as Want to Read:
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Elizabeta's secrets will kill her, but the devotion of a gargoyle can save her. In 1891, seventeen year old Elizabeta Riemma pulls the clothes from her dead twin's body and assumes his identity. To avoid her murderous uncle, she attends her brother’s school on Marettimo island, which is forbidden to women. Elizabeta takes solace in sculpting and one night, she awakens her ...more
Published 2012 by Pink Petal

To ask other readers questions about Gargoyle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gargoyle

Lily at Bookluvrs Haven
Review originally featured on Bookluvrs Haven

'Gargoyle' was a wonderful, romantic tale that offered a quick escape from my zombie reads marathon. :) The author did not waste any time getting into the storyline, and our gargoyle comes to life almost immediately within its first pages.

I don't believe that I have read a romance involving a gargoyle before, so this was a very interesting read. So for me, this novel was original, with elements of the gargoyles origins that were completely new and fr
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
It took me several tries to get in the right mood to read this. It is one of those books that drops you right in the middle of someone's life, in this case Elizabeta's life, and you have to run with it. No introduction. I have to be in the right mood to jump into one of those, especially after finishing a series. But that is neither here nor there.

Once I was able to get into the story, all I could do was hold on for the ride. You keep expecting things to go one way, then BAM, something else tota
Sharrice
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gargoyle is a must read. I honestly could not put this amazing story down.

Elizabeta Riemma lives in the year 1891 at a school for boys. She's been living as her twin brother for the past couple years lonely, afraid, and picked on. Elizabeta or Erro being small in size is bullied around most of the day at school. Being stuffed into places, art works destroyed, and things constantly being thrown at her for being small and not taking showers with the other boys.

One day while Elizabeta is finishing
Pam
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Elizabeta has a secret she has to keep or her life and her family inheritance is gone. The secret is she is a girl. She has been living her life passing as her dead twin brother Erro. Living at an all boys school it is extremely important for her to keep it a secret.As she is picked on daily she only has one thing helping her cope. That is working on the Gargoyle outside her room. She kisses it one night bringing it to life. Aelius now calls her master and every night he helps her become a boy a ...more
Michelle
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was my first experience with a gargoyle book. I thought it was really good. I loved that it was set in the past and I loved the whole pretending to be a boy thing, kind of like the movie She's the Man. Plus there was the whole lore and mystery surrounding the gargoyles. And the story wraps up neatly at the end. (I am starting to see the appeal of a good standalone)

Erro or Elizabeta had to pretend to be her brother to get away from her awful uncle. She took his place at an all boys school.
Sarah Nicholes
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book. Twists and turns at every page, and you cannot put it down. I loved it.
Tenaya Jayne
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wonderful! A breath of fresh air. Ms. Martin offers readers something completely new.
Chandra
AUTHOR: SHELLEY MARTIN is a Romance, Young Adult, Science Fiction & Fantasy writer. If you, as an Adult, need a break from the typical adult romance, this is a book for you. From the very beginning I would have given “Gargoyle” a 5++++ rating but something happened. Please read further.

GENRE: Romance, Fantasy, YA and Adults. (Paranormal: a sub-genre of fantasy. It usually takes place in our own world and involves some element or creature that would be considered supernatural or paranormal).

S
Michel King
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fabulous world building! I love how Shelley pulls her character through embarrassing and empowering situations while still keeping her real. It was one of the funnest reads I have had in a while.
Natalie
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Couldn't put it down. Very well written and suspenseful. A very different kind of love story with a happy ending! A must read!!
Bonnie Paulson
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. So fantastic! Great world building. This author has talent with a formal setting and dialogue that feels natural. I enjoyed the beginning of this series. Can't wait for more.
Mahalia  Gosla
Dec 27, 2015
Shelley Martin
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Megan Leigh Thomas
Maisha
May 04, 2013
Angel
Jun 04, 2013
Author of paranormal romance, where unearthly is enticing. I believe in Happily Ever After's and the invisible spirits that steal my socks at night.